• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 Season Pass (incl. Lost Legacy) being removed from sale on 13 Dec

lupinko

I just bought this season pass even though I don't own the game yet. Also the season pass is cheaper on the Canadian store because it was priced on par $24.99. I'm sure the DLC when released standalone will be a lot more due to the weaker Loonie.

I don't own Uncharted 4 yet but this is still a smart buy. I bought this along with season 2 for SFV with a 20% coupon.

xrnzaaas

This reminds me of Techland and what they did with Dying Light Following. It's nice they didn't remove it quietly and you have a chance to buy it cheaper if you "pre-order" now.

Hydrargyrus

I think it's going to cost 20€ and it's easier for them to charge you 20€ for story DLC and 20€ for the MP pack (3200 points) than 25€ for both...

Can anyone answer me on this: which is better getter? Getting the Deluxe Edition or the main game with the Season Pass?

The Deluxe Edition offers Triple Pack and “two multiplayer packs that will unlock new, rare and legendary multiplayer items while Explorer’s Pack gives you “3,200 Uncharted Points to spend on weapons, upgrades and items in Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End multiplayer.” Those points cost £15.99 / $19.99 / €19.99 when bought separately.

Can you get those MP Pack 1 includes: P90 Long Gun, Gifting Booster, Pirate Drake Skin, Pirate Commodore Hat, Rubber Leg Taunt. MP Pack 2 includes: RKL-155 Pistol, Lock and Load Booster, Shield of Asgard Mystical, Bandit Hat, Pistol Spin taunt from the Deluxe Edition with the Uncharted Points you get in-game or from the Season Pass or are those exclusive to the Deluxe Edition?

Foxxsoxx

Can anyone answer me on this: which is better getter? Getting the Deluxe Edition or the main game with the Season Pass?

The Deluxe Edition offers Triple Pack and “two multiplayer packs that will unlock new, rare and legendary multiplayer items while Explorer’s Pack gives you “3,200 Uncharted Points to spend on weapons, upgrades and items in Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End multiplayer.” Those points cost £15.99 / $19.99 / €19.99 when bought separately.

Can you get those MP Pack 1 includes: P90 Long Gun, Gifting Booster, Pirate Drake Skin, Pirate Commodore Hat, Rubber Leg Taunt. MP Pack 2 includes: RKL-155 Pistol, Lock and Load Booster, Shield of Asgard Mystical, Bandit Hat, Pistol Spin taunt from the Deluxe Edition with the Uncharted Points you get in-game or from the Season Pass or are those exclusive to the Deluxe Edition?

The Explorer pack is better, 3,200 UC points gets you anything you want in MP, which is a much better deal.

The Explorer pack is better, 3,200 UC points gets you anything you want in MP, which is a much better deal.

Are you sure you can get those exclusive specific items and skins from the store using those credits and that they aren't exclusive to Deluxe Edition? Just to be sure we don't miss anything.

Foxxsoxx

Are you sure you can get those exclusive specific items and skins from the store using those credits and that they aren't exclusive to Deluxe Edition? Just to be sure we don't miss anything.

They aren't exclusive, just random unlocks. To put it into perspective, the random unlocks you get from those are mostly coming from chests that you unlock for a couple hundred relics.
The items you can get with the UC points come from chests that are 10/15x as many relics as the random items you get from the Triple Pack.

It's a MUCH better deal, trust me I've put hundreds of hours into the MP, it's a night and day better offer.

(also putting it into perspective, hardly anyone was buying the Triple Pack so they then offered the Explorers pack a few months after launch to entice players to purchase the pass.)

They aren't exclusive, just random unlocks. To put it into perspective, the random unlocks you get from those are mostly coming from chests that you unlock for a couple hundred relics.
The items you can get with the UC points come from chests that are 10/15x as many relics as the random items you get from the Triple Pack.

It's a MUCH better deal, trust me I've put hundreds of hours into the MP, it's a night and day better offer.

(also putting it into perspective, hardly anyone was buying the Triple Pack so they then offered the Explorers pack a few months after launch to entice players to purchase the pass.)

Thanks for the explanation. I hope that The Deluxe Edition doesn't have anything else compared to the main game + Season Pass like displaying the game differently with Deluxe Edition icon in library and in the game etc...

black070

If you picked up the Uncharted 4 Digital Deluxe Edition or the Explorer’s Pack, you’ll get The Lost Legacy as a download at launch. Both versions will only be available until December 13, so don’t miss your chance to get Uncharted 4 and The Lost Legacy at an amazing value.

Definitely going to cost more, there's no ifs or buts about it.

So currently, the Explorer's pack is $37.95AU.

I'm wondering if I should buy it or not. The fact that they're going ot get rid of it makes me think the SP DLC will cost more than that

I'd say it might be under that at retail. Gravity Rush remaster ended up cheaper here at retail than digital. If Target are still selling games by that point we have a good chance!

Digital will likely end up $45 though I agree.

For people not having the base game: we know that the next Christmas Deal on PSN is
Uncharted 4, so i think we could get a nice discount on the bundle as well
I'm going to wait 10 hours to find out.

Yeah, if the Deluxe Edition is under £35 I will buy it digitally and sell my physical copy, as that includes the Explorer's Pack as well and I can get about £15 trading my physical copy in.

Lucreto

Going to get a the physical copy. I don't play the multiplayer so the season pass is not worth it. I get the physical version of Ratchet and Clank Future Quest for Booty when it was offered as a choice.

Zesh

I'm not interested in MP, so $25 seems somewhat steep for one SP DLC.

Do we have any idea how long this will be? Left Behind wasn't very long, so I'm trying to decide if this is worth it.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Do we have any idea how long this will be? Left Behind wasn't very long, so I'm trying to decide if this is worth it.
They've said it's longer than Left Behind and shorter than Uncharted 4. That's as specific as they got.

Endo Punk

Alright just bought the pass. Might as well, survival coming up and the story chapter actually feeling robust with 2 surprise characters. I'm so in!

I just bought this season pass even though I don't own the game yet. Also the season pass is cheaper on the Canadian store because it was priced on par $24.99. I'm sure the DLC when released standalone will be a lot more due to the weaker Loonie.

I don't own Uncharted 4 yet but this is still a smart buy. I bought this along with season 2 for SFV with a 20% coupon.

Good advice! Glad the canadian one is at par!

etta

my hard graphic balls
Eh, I want the physical copy, though. Something tells me it will have a fantastic cover art.

Boke1879

They should have made this a stand alone, complete new entry in the series, not story Dlc.

It is a standalone expansion though. Don't need the base game in order to play this and it's getting a retail release. Who knows this may just be the jumpoff for spinoff stories regarding this series. Would be awesome to let a smaller team handle this stuff.

SOLDIER

How do you check whether you own a certain version of a game digitally? I bought some sort of deluxe version of this game, so I wanted to check if I was going to get the singleplayer DLC for free.

This question also applies to season passes: I bought the season pass for FFXV and redeemed it, but where do I check to see that it's been added to my library?

Varshes

I bought the NA Collector's Edition, and when I go to the Explorer's Pack on the store, it says I can't buy it because I already own the Triple Pack. So am I good for Lost Legacy?

black070

How do you check whether you own a certain version of a game digitally? I bought some sort of deluxe version of this game, so I wanted to check if I was going to get the singleplayer DLC for free.

This question also applies to season passes: I bought the season pass for FFXV and redeemed it, but where do I check to see that it's been added to my library?

The deluxe edition includes the season pass so you're good to go.

Revven

I bought the NA Collector's Edition, and when I go to the Explorer's Pack on the store, it says I can't buy it because I already own the Triple Pack. So am I good for Lost Legacy?

Yes, the Triple Pack also gives you the Lost Legacy.

I'm not interested in MP, so $25 seems somewhat steep for one SP DLC.

To put things into perspective, Left Behind was $15 at release (then $10 a year later when released standalone). They said Lost Legacy will be longer than Left Behind and have a retail standalone release, so I suspect it will cost more than $15 at least.

If you got the newsletter email with the 20% off coupon, the season pass for $20 is especially worth it.

SOLDIER

The deluxe edition includes the season pass so you're good to go.

But again, how do I make sure that's the one I have? I just want to see where it lists that on PSN.

Edit: Looking up the Digital Deluxe version on the PSN Store verifies that it was purchased, so that's good to know. I was just hoping there was an easier way to view that on my PS4 library or something.

Used the 20% coupon to get the explorer pack for $19.99, it gives me 3200 instant uncharted MP points so I view that as a good enough bonus. Also bought AC syndicate gold and twisted metal black.

Ironically I don't even currently own UC4, I could pick up a used copy at gamestop for cheap but I was hoping for a digital sale at $20-30, don't think I have seen that price yet. I guess the bundled UC4 in all the slim systems must be physical because usually you see digital copies of the bundle games flood the market. Still, got way too many games to play right now to care much (I plat'd UC4 at release) so I figure if/when I do replay UC4 it'll be nice to have a few thousand extra points to spend on costumes and it locks in the story DLC digital download for me at $20, doubt it'll be cheaper at release.

black070

But again, how do I make sure that's the one I have? I just want to see where it lists that on PSN.

Edit: Looking up the Digital Deluxe version on the PSN Store verifies that it was purchased, so that's good to know. I was just hoping there was an easier way to view that on my PS4 library or something.

Apologies, I overlooked the question - but there you have it. Now we wait..

Flandy

I'm betting on this being $40 since it'll be getting a retail release. Don't think I've ever seen a boxed game with a MSRP of $30 and a $5 bump seems too low to me as well. That and Sonys been pricing a lot of their more budget stuff at $40 like Ratchet and Clank.

baconcow

Have a PS4 Pro and the newsletter and didn't get the $10 ot 20% coupons. Was hoping to oick up the Explorer's Pack cheaper.

Nice, every Japanese copy of the game came with the pack (yet still cost the same as a regular standalone game) so I'm good to go.
Are you sure? The season pass at launch and until to first new content drop was different. Then they removed it and replaced it with the current season pass instead.

Top Bottom