• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 - Survival Mode Trailer

Juno

LIAR and a FELON
Pretty sure they said couch co-op isn't coming.

IGN says you can play this Solo with a single AI companion (as opposed to the up-to 3 players co-op you can do online).

I'll give it a shot when it comes out. Looks like horde mode like in UC2, but with more waves. I miss co op adventure though; I loved that in UC2 and 3.

taizuke

Dear God no, can't do it anymore with ND multiplayer

I'm with you but i'm willing to bet it'll have trophies and not the fun/achievable kind but the frustrating and super challenging kind. I love ND but It's what they always do.

Lren

FINALLY! Been waiting for the co-op to be announced since it launched. Out of class early December too, so that launch time frame will be a nice way to detox!

chefbags

Pretty sure they said couch co-op isn't coming.

IGN says you can play this Solo with a single AI companion (as opposed to the up-to 3 players co-op you can do online).

Wait like couch co-op isn't coming at all? Or just down the road?

Cause if it's the former, that's really disappointing (at least to me).

bombshell

It's free. Quoting the roadmap: "Uncharted 4 post-launch multiplayer DLC will include immediate access to maps and modes for everyone at no additional cost"

Juno

LIAR and a FELON
Wait like couch co-op isn't coming at all? Or just down the road?

Cause if it's the former, that's really disappointing (at least to me).
Just looked into it and there's mixed news reports (some saying it's a possibility down the line), but I remember reading something along these lines back in September...

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...ted-4-split-screen-for-multiplayer-after-all/

Also during the livestream, Community Manager Scott Lowe confirmed that there will not be split-screen support for Uncharted 4 multiplayer. He said that while the team did consider it, they decided to focus on creating new content instead. He also mentioned that a “classic mode” is under consideration, but they haven’t made any decisions on that quite yet. He did not go into further details on what the “classic mode” could be.

Looks fairly typical, but interesting enough in that there are bosses and game types.

It seems we also see another remastered map.

Disappointed that they dropped UC2 and UC3's co-op story driven missions. Those were much more fun than the grindy wave modes.

Shin-Ra

U4co-opAvery.gif

I didn't see it stated, I was wondering if you could play solo in this mode as well? Anyone know?
I don't believe you!

taizuke

You don't have to go out of your way to earn them though surely ?

All Uncharted DLC MP trophies require the player going out of their way to earn them. Even The Last of Us. In fact, i bet you there's a trophy for beating all 50 waves. Hell, there might even be a trophy for beating the waves on Crushing.

But, if you meant that i don't have to do them if i think they're too hard then i understand that. I'm just saying how it'll likely be.

Grisby

Cool.

Is there going to be any co-op levels type story stuff? Like in 2 or 3?

Or is this the only co-op deal coming?

dex3108

I expected something different. But i guess it is easier to do microtransactions in this mode than in others. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Juno

LIAR and a FELON
Interesting bit from the developer commentary is that levelling up for co-op is separate to Multiplayer levelling up.

bombshell

What about currency and cosmetics?

There's something in the second half of the blog post.

Survival also features its own dedicated progression system, Relic Challenges, and loadouts. As you rank up, you’ll earn upgrades for your weapons, as well as new items, such as Survival-exclusive boosters. There are also vanity items that can only earned by playing Survival, but can be used to deck out your character in both Survival and Multiplayer.

Currency and customization items seem shared based on that.

Juno

LIAR and a FELON
What about currency and cosmetics?
Doesn't mention it, but my guess would be this is separate... They're playing as villains in their game, and they're all in the vanilla outfits. That could be because they had to start new accounts.

A few other things for those that don't want to watch the commentary video
  • You don't need PS+ to play solo
  • The end boss drops a leveled weapon (in this it's the Level 2 AK47, so I hope they were playing on Easy!)
  • Enemies drop cash when killed with a headshot
  • AI is improved and tweaked
  • The grapple moves from single player are in, and you can push enemies into each other
  • Star system based on how quick you complete a difficulty setting (up to 3 stars for each, Normal, Hard, Crushing, etc) and these will give you an emblem of sorts that people will see in lobbies

foxdvd

Looks good, but really why is it 3 player coop? For years they have set up us as 2 or 4 player coop...my friends over the last 10 years have sort of built up a solid 4 player group for all coop games...then games start to come out with 3 player...ughghghghghg

Not Drake

My GOTY keeps delivering. Horde/Survival looks fun. I will definitely check it out, but I hope that's not everything they have in store regarding co-op. Single player DLC info sounds fantastic too, although I don't expect much to be shown nor told before PSX.

Top Bottom