• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 - Survival Mode Trailer

I hope there are checkpoints you can save at, 50 waves in a row sounds rough.
The previewer in the IGN video linked in the OP says that because the mode is broken up into five 10-round sets (with their own map and boss), you don't have to set aside a ton of time to play. Seems to suggest you can save your progress every ten waves at least.

tusken77

while i'm glad that co-op arena is back and excited to play it, the lack of co-op adventure is really disappointing. u4 multiplayer still feels like a step back in some ways compared to the last 2 games

Disagree. I put thousands of hours into U2/U3 multiplayer and with everything new Uncharted 4's MP brings, I feel it's the best it's ever been.

Zyrox

Train Wreck? Of all the maps to bring back, they chose that one? Ehhh...that map's pretty much what it says on the tin. One of U2's worst.

Survival coop looks neat I guess, but I always was way more of a fan of coop adventure. Played those countless times in U2/U3. Hope we'll still get that.

VanWinkle

Train Wreck? Of all the maps to bring back, they chose that one? Ehhh...that map's pretty much what it says on the tin. One of U2's worst.

Survival coop looks neat I guess, but I always was way more of a fan of coop adventure. Played those countless times in U2/U3. Hope we'll still get that.

Lol, seriously, that's my least favorite map.

wish it was less than 50 waves so it would actually be doable with randoms

also wish the mp completely ditched sidekicks and mysticals but that ain't happening

edit: even more than that I wish the game had different save files cause I overwrote my campaign progress by starting a new game

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
If the relic system is any better than it was before, I might reinstall this when I get a Pro.

Santar

I wish we could get a clarification from Naughty Dog on if Survival Mode is playable offline or not.
Uncharted 4 is 60% off during Black Friday over here and if survival was indeed playable offline I'd buy it.

Solid Raiden

Neo Member
I wish we could get a clarification from Naughty Dog on if Survival Mode is playable offline or not.
Uncharted 4 is 60% off during Black Friday over here and if survival was indeed playable offline I'd buy it.
This has already been confirmed by the devs in the IGN dev walkthrough. No need for PS+ and you can play offline with AI companions.

Santar

This has already been confirmed by the devs in the IGN dev walkthrough. No need for PS+ and you can play offline with AI companions.

I'm pretty sure that the only thing they've specifically confirmed is that you can play it solo without ps plus.
There's been lots and lots of questions about offline both on the ps blog post and on Naughty Dogs twitter but they've not replied to any of them.
Which to me is a sign of it not being playable offline. They don't want to answer since the answer woudl reflect poorly on the game.

Top Bottom