• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 - Survival Mode Trailer

Mid December...? Yawn. All the DLC feels like it's taking forever tbh. Specially this. And it doesn't even look that great but we'll see. Might be fun.

I noticed they fixed the relic glitch too. About time I guess... but I wanted to unlock everything from the apocalypse and western DLC.

These pre-sets costumes are the worst though.

A copy and paste with a boss thrown in, really ND?

Their single player team is impeccable but Jesus the multiplayer team ALWAYS fuck things up.

Really underwhelming.

holy shit the put way more into this than i thought they would.

we've gone Killing Floor!

Their single player team is impeccable but Jesus the multiplayer team ALWAYS fuck things up.

Really underwhelming.

New mode, Return of a U2 map, Tweaked AI, RPG-lite mode, there are 5 bosses(?). I can't complain for a free update.

edit: Another new map + trophies

Fucking sweet. Now they just need to tweak a few more things for classic mode and I'll be there.
Also they're bringing the best elimination map from Uncharted 2 over! The frozen train one!

Duxxy3

I'll check it out. Never had any interest in MP, but I'm interested in the solo part of this. Loved UC4's combat.

I'd be fine if they did no combat at all. I'm weird like that.

You got plenty of that with the SP, let the rest of us have some fun! : P

I want set pieces, jokes, combat, intrigue, grenade toss backs, campy bad guys, action, adventure, explosions...everything that took a back seat to the focus on walking and talking (or "character based exploration of the interactive narrative function of video games" if that's a bit less derisive for your tastes) in the main game.

Shin-Ra

The video compression doesn't help but the prison map looked a bit plain, unfinished.

Co-op trophies will be the end of me!

Dundar

Its live

Its what I (and many others) expected when it comes to the plot

What should I be seeing....?

edit--whoops, got it :) Nothing major in the leak, I mean, it's what we were taking about all along, with some added pieces of info which amount to nothing. Oh well, guess we'll have to wait 10 days or so....

magawolaz

AYQt1ZE.gif

Foxxsoxx

Looks amazing, exactly what I wanted from co-op.

60fps fast frantic action with more maps and mechanics, this is going to be addicting.

Loving that Train Wreck is back, it looks gorgeous. There is also the Prison map from the beginning of the game that looks pretty cool as well, lots of content coming up guys :)

I'm with you but i'm willing to bet it'll have trophies and not the fun/achievable kind but the frustrating and super challenging kind. I love ND but It's what they always do.
"Interests: Enjoying the heck out of Dark Souls"

What's wrong with challenges? I'd love me some MP trophies... there are no RNG treasures this time around.

I didn't see it stated, I was wondering if you could play solo in this mode as well? Anyone know?
You can play it solo and you don't even need PS+ for that.

And headshots aren't 1HKO's...
Army of Three in UC3 Co-op made headshots 1HK. Hopefully they'll have something similar (mystical?) this time around.

I noticed they fixed the relic glitch too. About time I guess... but I wanted to unlock everything from the apocalypse and western DLC.
What kind of glitch was that?

I'd be fine if they did no combat at all. I'm weird like that.
Druckmann won't disappoint you.

It's not that simple...

I want set pieces, jokes, combat, intrigue, grenade toss backs, campy bad guys, action, adventure, explosions...everything that took a back seat to the focus on walking and talking (or "character based exploration of the interactive narrative function of video games" if that's a bit less derisive for your tastes) in the main game.
Agreed.

60fps fast frantic action
Well, judging by the spruced up graphics (tons of particle effects) and the amount of NPCs, I don't expect it to hit 60fps too often... perhaps on PS4 Pro it'll be more consistent.

~

That trailer is too nostalgic... maybe they'll also add some UC2 music?

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?

I was one of those people who was fine with the majority of the single player campaign. My bigger issues involved around the story they were trying to tell and certain segments of the game but overall I enjoyed UC4's singleplayer.

As I said I wouldn't mind a SP DLC that focused on exploring an abandoned environment with you and maybe a few other characters. Focus on interesting platforming and puzzle sections, make other puzzles larger and more elaborate, and I guess you can include some gun fights but honestly I could live without them. Hell I wouldn't mind if they focused on the melee attacks and tried to improve that system.

Just what I've been waiting for.

The campaign isn't very replayable for me, and the competitive multiplayer couldn't hold my interest after a day or two, but this? I'll definitely jump back in for this.

Welp, this is incredibly disappointing. I didn't know it was going to a wave-based co-op mode. :'(
Co-op missions ala Uncharted 2 would have been nice, but I don't think that structure would work here, as the combat scenarios in UC4 are pretty damn small and short lived. They'd be over even quicker than they are when replaying those scenarios solo.

If this retains any of the soul of the old UC2 Survival mode there should be some fun times ahead.

taizuke

"Interests: Enjoying the heck out of Dark Souls"

What's wrong with challenges? I'd love me some MP trophies... there are no RNG treasures this time around.

Nothing wrong with a little challenge here and there. It's just i often feel like you have to be a professional player when tackling some of the multiplayer DLC trophies ND has done in the past.

bombshell

*nods*

UC4 has a pro patch too right? I doubt I'll be able to notice any improvements - that game is already beyond gobsmacking when it comes to the visuals. Maybe if they toned down the blur/temporal AA/whatever.

Yeah, it's been upgraded to render at 1440p on the Pro for the SP (up from 1080p) and 1080p for the MP (up from 900p).

Foxxsoxx

All the people disappointed in this seriously make me scratch my head, I don't understand how this doesn't look fun?

Jesus I suppose they should have added a totally free 20 hour Coop campaign for free, I'm sure people would still complain.

dugdug

Banned

Really underwhelming.

The MP side of Uncharted 4 is so overwhelmingly disappointing for me, that, it kinda ruins my attitude towards the game as a whole.

Like, of course it's just a horde mode. Of course.

cheez124

while i'm glad that co-op arena is back and excited to play it, the lack of co-op adventure is really disappointing. u4 multiplayer still feels like a step back in some ways compared to the last 2 games

Top Bottom