• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy stars Chloe

You guys know they are making Days Gone, right?

And that looks fucking incredible. They are nothing like they were when that Vita game under heavy hardware restrictions.
Yes I'm well aware that they're making another game, looks good too, just Golden Abyss wasn't that good, but Bend it quite capable of making good games. I just wish we'd get another Syphon Filter game so I can set people on fire with a taser in HD.

JakR

Yes I'm well aware that they're making another game, looks good too, just Golden Abyss wasn't that good, but Bend it quite capable of making good games. I just wish we'd get another Syphon Filter game so I can set people on fire with a taser in HD.

Maybe a special item in Days Gone to set Freakers on fire. :D
I liked Golden Abyss, but to fill the big shoes of Naughty Dog after Uncharted 2 and 3 were only to fail in comparsion.

But of they improve with Days Gone and getting up and running, Bend is for me the best place that could continue Uncharted besides Naughty Dog.

Maybe a special item in Days Gone to set Freakers on fire. :D
I liked Golden Abyss, but to fill the big shoes of Naughty Dog after Uncharted 2 and 3 were only to fail in comparsion.

But of they improve with Days Gone and getting up and running, Bend is for me the best place that could continue Uncharted besides Naughty Dog.
Yeah this would be so great. I like the franchise and the mood of it, also the world hopping, it's always fun to see where they go and the amount of detail crammed into each location. Not to mention the cast of characters, which is why I'm glad Chloe's back, plus Nadine...can't even complain about this.

Lady Gaia

So are you all buying the explorer pass before the price goes up?

I bought mine as soon as I heard they'd be respecting purchases until the 13th. I know I'll want it when it comes out, and if they're doing a physical release I wouldn't be surprised by a $40 price point like Ratchet.

I got the season pass nice and cheap on eBay at some point before I heard that the price increase was going to be a thing so I'm stoked (assuming this is indeed still included in it). If it turns out to be as good as U4 proper, I'll probably double dip with a physical release.

dEvAnGeL

$80 digital version of what? Uncharted 4? No this is a separate game.
i know is a separate game but the 80 bucks digital version of uncharted said it includes the single player DLC so i hope that covers me, it is the reason why i got that version when the game came out

i know is a separate game but the 80 bucks digital version of uncharted said it includes the single player DLC so i hope that covers me, it is the reason why i got that version when the game came out

oh, well in that case yeah I guess it does. DIdn't know they sold a version with the single player DLC.

Falchion

I bought mine as soon as I heard they'd be respecting purchases until the 13th. I know I'll want it when it comes out, and if they're doing a physical release I wouldn't be surprised by a $40 price point like Ratchet.

Yeah I'm going to go ahead and do this too.

AdaWong

Just watched the trailer. I have no idea how much of that was gameplay but I loved the atmosphere and the visuals. Love the screams in the audience after Chloe reveal.

I know right? Everyone was so excited and cheering when she removed the hoodie. Gotta love Chloe. <3

Also, you'll hear someone saying "YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES" in the crowd lmao.

I know right? Everyone was so excited and cheering when she removed the hoodie. Gotta love Chloe. <3

Also, you'll hear someone saying "YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES" in the crowd lmao.
Fanbase missed Chloe. Naughty Dog does female characters really well these days, which is interesting considering their iconic characters are either animals, whatever Jak is and dudes.

Shin-Ra

Charlie Cutter still sounds like Graham McTavish in U4 survival co-op so I wonder when/where he was recorded.

Shin-Ra

It's a shame co-op didn't release a little earlier than PSX to tease the Chloe-Nadine partnership. If you play solo, they always team up with the other as AI.

Pro

It's amazing that we've gotten here, on a 400 dollar box no less.

Bump. LTTP here. Just watched the 4K video for the first time. Didn't seem like it was discussed much here but this footage can't be running on a PS4 Pro can it? Is this just another classic case of a preview that won't look as good once the final product comes out? As I understood it, the PS4 Pro is not powerful enough to render 4K resolutions and this video (even on youtube) looks like full on 4K rendering. It looks too good to where I don't see the final product looking the same. If the final version does in fact look that good on the PS4 Pro they really are Naughty Gods.

Bump. LTTP here. Just watched the 4K video for the first time. Didn't seem like it was discussed much here but this footage can't be running on a PS4 Pro can it? Is this just another classic case of a preview that won't look as good once the final product comes out? As I understood it, the PS4 Pro is not powerful enough to render 4K resolutions and this video (even on youtube) looks like full on 4K rendering. It looks too good to where I don't see the final product looking the same. If the final version does in fact look that good on the PS4 Pro they really are Naughty Gods.

Even the PS3 can render a 4K image (Okami HD as an example) but it is all about "what" a game is trying to render. The PS4pro already has native 4K titles and we have a neogaf thread providing a list of those titles.

Shin-Ra

Story and character blurb from unchartedthegame.com:

UTLLlogo.png

A NEW ADVENTURE
From the critically acclaimed developer, Naughty Dog, comes the first standalone adventure in the Uncharted series. Fan-favorite character, Chloe Frazer, must enlist the aid of renowned mercenary Nadine Ross from Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End in order to recover a fabled ancient Indian artifact and keep it out of the hands of a ruthless war profiteer. Together, they’ll venture deep into the mountains of India in search of the legendary artifact. Along the way, they’ll learn to work together to unearth the mystery of the artifact, fight their way through fierce opposition, and prevent the region from falling into chaos.

CHLOE FRAZER
One of the most popular characters in the series, Chloe Frazer was first introduced in Uncharted 2: Among Thieves and last appeared in Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception. Chloe is a notorious treasure hunter whose wit, archeological knowledge, and improvisational nature rivals Nathan Drake’s. She has a reputation for being both great in a fight and behind the wheel. Chloe is impulsive and improvisational, relying largely on her wits. Her methods often blur moral lines but always yield results, putting her in high demand. However, she has her limits, and when a situation starts to go south, she’s unafraid to cut her losses.

NADINE ROSS
Nadine Ross made her first appearance in Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End as the leader of Shoreline, a South African paramilitary organization hired by the story’s primary antagonist Rafe Adler. Following the dissolution of Shoreline after the events in Uncharted 4, Nadine Ross has become a free agent and gun-for-hire. Nadine is known for her calm, calculated approach to every job and every fight. She insists on having the upper hand at all times and never fails to deliver.

joms5

Does anyone know if this is going to get a physical release?

I will wait to see what reviews are like and how people compare it to Uncharted 4. I hope they go back to the bombastic fun adventure game.

I dont like this, i fukin love drake he should be playable othewise its just tomb raider with chloe.

This is a dumb opinion. Just because this side-instalment has a female protagonist doesn't mean it equates to Tomb Raider.

Story and character blurb from unchartedthegame.com:

A NEW ADVENTURE
From the critically acclaimed developer, Naughty Dog, comes the first standalone adventure in the Uncharted series. Fan-favorite character, Chloe Frazer, must enlist the aid of renowned mercenary Nadine Ross from Uncharted 4: A Thief's End in order to recover a fabled ancient Indian artifact and keep it out of the hands of a ruthless war profiteer. Together, they'll venture deep into the mountains of India in search of the legendary artifact. Along the way, they'll learn to work together to unearth the mystery of the artifact, fight their way through fierce opposition, and prevent the region from falling into chaos.

CHLOE FRAZER
One of the most popular characters in the series, Chloe Frazer was first introduced in Uncharted 2: Among Thieves and last appeared in Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception. Chloe is a notorious treasure hunter whose wit, archeological knowledge, and improvisational nature rivals Nathan Drake's. She has a reputation for being both great in a fight and behind the wheel. Chloe is impulsive and improvisational, relying largely on her wits. Her methods often blur moral lines but always yield results, putting her in high demand. However, she has her limits, and when a situation starts to go south, she's unafraid to cut her losses.

NADINE ROSS
Nadine Ross made her first appearance in Uncharted 4: A Thief's End as the leader of Shoreline, a South African paramilitary organization hired by the story's primary antagonist Rafe Adler. Following the dissolution of Shoreline after the events in Uncharted 4, Nadine Ross has become a free agent and gun-for-hire. Nadine is known for her calm, calculated approach to every job and every fight. She insists on having the upper hand at all times and never fails to deliver.

Thanks for the info. I hope Nadine is playable. Really liked her in Uncharted 4, and I felt like she was totally under-utilised.

Top Bottom