• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy stars Chloe

Sorry for asking this again but just to be sure : the smart move is buy the US25 pack because the DLC price will be higher thans this, right?

If its a retail release I'm pretty sure it'll be $19.99 within a few weeks of release. If at some point the UC4 Deluxe bundle gets dropped to $30-40 then it'd be worth it but right now I'd say may as well just wait and see. I wouldn't be surprised if the story DLC releases at 19.99 and the justification for the DLC season pass is that you also get some multiplayer stuff which you won't with the standalone story DLC.

Unfortunately with the deluxe going away in like 9 days there really isn't even a chance of hoping for a sale on the deluxe, which afaik has never gone on sale.

DigSCCP

If its a retail release I'm pretty sure it'll be $19.99 within a few weeks of release. If at some point the UC4 Deluxe bundle gets dropped to $30-40 then it'd be worth it but right now I'd say may as well just wait and see. I wouldn't be surprised if the story DLC releases at 19.99 and the justification for the DLC season pass is that you also get some multiplayer stuff which you won't with the standalone story DLC.

Unfortunately with the deluxe going away in like 9 days there really isn't even a chance of hoping for a sale on the deluxe, which afaik has never gone on sale.

Damn I dont know what to do.
If the DLC alone releases at US19.99 I would wait and buy it alone cuz I dont have interest on the multiplayer stuff.
But if it releases at US29.99 or more I would buy the SP.

Gitaroo

Is there any 10% off code I can take advantage off, I swear I searched for the season pass a few weeks ago to take advantage of the promo they had, but forgot why I didnt get it. Looking at the explorer pack now I still don't know why I didn't get it during the promotion. Ah well, its only save 2 bucks.

Shin-Ra

First Light mostly reused Seattle from Second Son, plus the arena so there was less new environment content to create.

sense

If the DLC alone releases at US19.99 I would wait and buy it alone cuz I dont have interest on the multiplayer stuff.
The odds of it being 19.99 at launch are very very low. This will be a minimum 29.99 but I would guess it will be 40 since they are billing it as something meaty ranging in the middle between left behind dlc and uncharted 4 so 5 to 6 hours.

Is there any 10% off code I can take advantage off, I swear I searched for the season pass a few weeks ago to take advantage of the promo they had, but forgot why I didnt get it. Looking at the explorer pack now I still don't know why I didn't get it during the promotion. Ah well, its only save 2 bucks.

Explorer pack is $22.49 at Best Buy right now. They currently have a 10% off deal on certain digital products (seasons passes, money packs for sports games).

DigSCCP

The odds of it being 19.99 at launch are very very low. This will be a minimum 29.99 but I would guess it will be 40 since they are billing it as something meaty ranging in the middle between left behind dlc and uncharted 4 so 5 to 6 hours.

Oh boy Im so confused lol
Well I have a week to think about it.
Do we have at least any idea when this is coming out?
This would help a lot on my decision.

i-Lo

I have yet to play UC4 and thus am wondering if it's wise to see the trailer given it supposedly takes place after the main game....

Revven

Oh boy Im so confused lol
Well I have a week to think about it.
Do we have at least any idea when this is coming out?
This would help a lot on my decision.

All we know is 2017 for sure.

If I had to take a stab at a release period of 2017, very likely Spring (so May) or Summer 2017.

Wasn't Impressed. Scripted cut scenes where you basically just walk with little option to do anything and let the scripted sequence play out itself. Just make a normal cutscene because it doesn't do anything gameplay wise, you are not playing anything anyways. It looks graphically impressive that's it.

Alienous

I'm amazed at the kind of game production pipeline (art, asset creation, etc) Naughty Dog must have to be able to pull off such high fidelity work for a DLC.

Gorillaz

Come on, what kind of answer are you even expecting to that question?

Even then, dude sounds like he expects this shit to be on plus like a month or 2 later

If it even appears for free on plus, it will be for the PS5 like 8 months after the console comes out. Probably won't be free at all to begin with.

Drencrom

I think I'd less describe her as a person of color (because that's entirely subjective), and rather say she's multiracial. She's definetly not white, at least as we describe people as being white in the US.

Well yeah she's definitely multiracial, I just got stuck in semantics regarding the definition of "person of color" and what not.

Polygonal_Sprite

Gold Member
Astounding visuals but I wish they'd shown more interesting gameplay than what amounted to holding up on the analogue stick for 90% of it.

I loved U4 so I'm sure it will be great.

This looks stunning visually, but does anyone else feel a tad uncomfortable with the subject matter? Generally I like dark, depressing war stuff, but this feels... weird for Uncharted, I guess. The tone whiplash between the incredibly grim atmospheric stuff and then the tag team karate was pretty extreme for me.

I know 4 made things a bit more grounded and serious, but this feels even heavier. Again, not that I mind heavy really, just, whoof, that feels weird in Uncharted of all things.

rdytoroll

I have the same problem. But I think I'll just wait, not a fan of paying for something that I won't have access to for months and I have no interest in the MP stuff at all. Even if the price goes higher, there'll probably be a discount before launch week

This looks stunning visually, but does anyone else feel a tad uncomfortable with the subject matter? Generally I like dark, depressing war stuff, but this feels... weird for Uncharted, I guess. The tone whiplash between the incredibly grim atmospheric stuff and then the tag team karate was pretty extreme for me.

I know 4 made things a bit more grounded and serious, but this feels even heavier. Again, not that I mind heavy really, just, whoof, that feels weird in Uncharted of all things.

you felt like that there was a mood whiplash between the two events? I actually felt like the violence during the fist fight was much darker than most of what we saw in UC4 main story. I have a feeling that this game might be rated M.

I don't think it's gonna be super dark. I feel part of it is effect to make this a surprise reveal. I would hazard a guess that this will feel fairly in line with Uncharted 2, which also featured a war torn city as much of its backdrop.

you felt like that there was a mood whiplash between the two events? I actually felt like the violence during the fist fight was much darker than most of what we saw in UC4 main story. I have a feeling that this game might be rated M.

zero chance it's rated M. Nothing we saw in the fist fight was M rated anyway. It's tag team karate, not choking the life out of dudes like in Last of Us.

bombshell

I have the same problem. But I think I'll just wait, not a fan of paying for something that I won't have access to for months and I have no interest in the MP stuff at all. Even if the price goes higher, there'll probably be a discount before launch week

Why would there be a discount before launch?

Also with them removing the pass from sale in a week, it's obvious that it's because the price is going to be higher than when they planned the price of the pass.

Deku Tree

I don't think it's gonna be super dark. I feel part of it is effect to make this a surprise reveal. I would hazard a guess that this will feel fairly in line with Uncharted 2, which also featured a war torn city as much of its backdrop.

zero chance it's rated M. Nothing we saw in the fist fight was M rated anyway. It's tag team karate, not choking the life out of dudes like in Last of Us.

It was a military controlled area at war and there was an airplane dropping heavy payload on the middle of a burning bombed city.
If that's not M then I don't know what is M.

reKon

Banned
xYboWCJ.gif

I know this is ND and all, but was this confirmed to be... actual gameplay?

I know they are masterful in seamlessly blending in gameplay with cutscenes, but this just looked way too good and the animations were much slower and smoother than Uncharted 4's contextual melee animations.

The beginning of the fight with the air conditioning unit felt a bit more violent than usual yeah, but then the weird tag team roundhouse kick thing felt much more in keeping with the more over the top action the series usually has.

That's a good point; I forgot about that with U2. 2 didn't linger on the graphic details quite as heavily though. I dunno, I just felt very like "this is Uncharted??" watching this.

To be clear, I have zero issue with games approaching incredibly dark or graphic topics, I just sort of feel like this particular presentation felt at odds with Uncharted's pulpy tone.

xYboWCJ.gif

I know they are masterful in seamlessly blending in gameplay with cutscenes, but this just looked way too good and the animations were much slower and smoother than Uncharted 4's contextual melee animations.

It's probably actual gameplay. Knowing Naughty Dog, it's probably very shallow melee but it's going to look good.

Bollocks

Chloe's cool but I don't like that she teams up with Nadine, I hope she remains evil and double cross chloe.
I hope Chloe doesn't turn evil

reKon

Banned
It's probably actual gameplay. Knowing Naughty Dog, it's probably very shallow melee but it's going to look good.

I'm surprised that no one is talking about this sequence a lot. This entire section is insane to me. Like how is this shit possible...

If there were questions on whether his surpasses 1886 for visual qualtiy and animation, there's no question now.

Melee IMO is the one advantage that Uncharted and TLoU have other TPS because it's dynamic and constantly feel fresh. It makes for a much more fun experience if you use it properly. So yes, it's shallow, but it's perfect for this type of game. You can't implement something like an Assassin's Creed/Batman system into a game like this, and expect it to blend perfectly. That's too much at once. Their main focus on shooting and they nearly perfected the gunplay in Uncharted 4.

Regading melee, I think the issue is that enough people don't care as much in Uncharted games because they focus only on the shooting aspect. Hopefully in this stand alone adventure, they provide more opportunity for people to explore this. Having a Chloe moveset is going to be awesome. I loved the change when playing from Joel in TLoU to Ellie in Left Behind.

Deku Tree

I'm surprised that no one is talking about this sequence a lot. This entire section is insane to me. Like how is this shit possible...

If there were questions on whether his surpasses 1886 for visual qualtiy and animation, there's no question now.

Melee IMO is the one advantage that Uncharted and TLoU have other TPS because it's dynamic and constantly feel fresh. It makes for a much more fun experience if you use it properly. I think the issue is that enough people don't care as much in Uncharted games because they focus only on the shooting aspect. Hopefully in this stand alone adventure, they provide more opportunity for people to explore this. Having a Chloe moveset is going to be awesome. I loved the change when playing from Joel in TLoU to Ellie in Left Behind.

PS4 vs. Pro footage though.

I also think the melee sequence can be in game but it's not like a fighting game, it's probably just all triggered by mashing square.

reKon

Banned
PS4 vs. Pro footage though.

I also think the melee sequence can be in game but it's not like a fighting game, it's probably just all triggered by mashing square.

yeah I just need a confirmation, haha. I understand it's not a fighting game and that doesn't matter to me at all. I edited my post above, but Uncharted's melee animation system works well because it provides a dynamic experience while being easy to use. The game shouldn't have an overly complex melee system. The shooting is where the game is appropriately more complex because all the weaponry have different attributes like amount of recoil, power, animation, sound design etc.... as a TPS with good gunplay should have.

Mediking

xYboWCJ.gif

I'm super excited for this but I am nearly 100% positive that that gif is literally just a player spamming Square and the game is making it look very pretty while you spam Square.

Alienous

xYboWCJ.gif

That looks like gameplay, and the part that comes after. But the first half of the fight looks like bullshit.

It was a military controlled area at war and there was an airplane dropping heavy payload on the middle of a burning bombed city.
If that's not M then I don't know what is M.

How is that M rated? There's no blood. Uncharted 2 was also set in a war torn city that had bombs and stuff going off.

As long as I get to shoot Nadine in the head by the end of the DLC I'm happy.

Seriously, how is she allowed to just walk away by the end of UC4 but Raif has to get skewered?

Deku Tree

^^^ yeah it's ridiculous that sex and blood are mature but mass bombings with possibly massive casualties from seen afar may not be...

How is that M rated? There's no blood. Uncharted 2 was also set in a war torn city that had bombs and stuff going off.

I don't remember UC2 having mass bombing of a city although I do remember bombs going off. I don't know the rating criteria for M vs T. That footage just looked a lot more mature to me with the bombings.

Top Bottom