• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy stars Chloe

farisr

Really glad it's Chloe. Kinda sad Cutter's not there though (well he could show up, but not holding my breath), but sort of interested in what kind of dynamic her and Nadine will have.

Also, I'm glad the spoken hindi in it was not bad. Nothing takes me out of a show/movie/game more than when supposed native speakers of a foreign language I understand are speaking it horribly.

i still can't get over this

naughty dog like
tumblr_inline_oe30ueHvEq1tdp24n_500.gif

Revven

It would be really, really weird if this isn't the story DLC for UC4. It has to be... I suppose it could be both standalone and the story DLC for UC4 -- I cannot imagine they'd be doing two different stories, one with Sam/Sully for UC4 and the other being this. I don't think ND could do that with TLOU Part 2 at the same time.

So, it's probably both standalone & the story DLC for UC4. If you own UC4, you download it as an add-on.

Anyway, I'm excited for this! I wanted Chloe to be part of the DLC some way somehow and so I'm happy to get her regardless -- whether that meant she was part of a Sam/Sully rodeo or not. Very happy.

I just hope this is coming spring 2017, the lack of any release estimate makes me think it'll be summer 2017. D:

Toparaman

Banned
Cool that it's taking place in India. Not sure if I care for more Uncharted, but seeing a Naughty Dog rendition of India is pretty enticing.

It would be really, really weird if this isn't the story DLC for UC4. It has to be... I suppose it could be both standalone and the story DLC for UC4 -- I cannot imagine they'd be doing two different stories, one with Sam/Sully for UC4 and the other being this. I don't think ND could do that with TLOU Part 2 at the same time.

So, it's probably both standalone & the story DLC for UC4. If you own UC4, you download it as an add-on.

Anyway, I'm excited for this! I wanted Chloe to be part of the DLC some way somehow and so I'm happy to get her regardless -- whether that meant she was part of a Sam/Sully rodeo or not. Very happy.

I just hope this is coming spring 2017, the lack of any release estimate makes me think it'll be summer 2017. D:

I imagine that this IS "Uncharted 4 story DLC," but it has no technical connection to the UC4 software. It'll probably just be a game on the store like anything else.

theWB27

Unpopular opinion in this thread, but I despise Chloe. I'm not a fan most Claudia Black characters, who are all the same sexy-and-ill-make-sure-you-know-it to me.

I'll skip it and hope they have another game in the future starring another cast.

Do what you will, but you're kind of jumping the gun considering who's directing the series now. Claudia still has to act out the script given to her and, basing it off UC4 and TLOU, it should be a bit more serious.

wig

This is what I have been dreaming of. I never thought it would happen, specially after UC4's ending. TY ND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No wonder she was wearing what she was wearing. cause if we saw here ass it would have spoiled the surprise. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
YES! I wanted Chloe to be back. I hope that Cutter comes back as well.

But damn, Nadine and Chloe will make one hell of a team.

VanWinkle

"Standalone story chapter" sounds exactly to me like a small digital game like Infamous: First Light. I HIGHLY doubt it's a new game, or they wouldn't be calling it "standalone story chapter," but instead something like, "new Uncharted game."

Revven

I imagine that this IS "Uncharted 4 story DLC," but it has no technical connection to the UC4 software. It'll probably just be a game on the store like anything else.

That would be really weird though considering there's there was the Triple pack bundle and Explorer Bundle for UC4 where you buy either bundle, you got stuff for UC4 MP and then the UC4 story DLC. I suppose the way they've done it doesn't mean it has to be an add-on for UC4 specifically, but the way it's always been worded is "UC4 story DLC" and not "a separate UC story digital game".

Whatever, ND always has been weird with their DLC plans for all of their games since UC3.

Joni

Ideal character for a spin-off. I would be very happy if this is something like a bigger inFamous First Light.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Is there any official write-up for this?

Also, hoping they don't spend too much time having people talk in Urdu. Horrendous all the way, and they can never get it right. They always make it sound so dramatic. I know because we speak it here.

Kinyou

Naughty Dog is saying it's a new Uncharted game. That's surprising.

Wonder if this means that there will still be a UC4 dlc or if the dlc evolved into this

edit: okay they say new story chapter so I guess it will be like Left Behind, which was eventually also stand alone

KORNdoggy

Any confirmation as to what this is. Is this the u4 story DLC? Is it replacing that? In addition to it? Is it a full game? A short story like left behind? ND'S tweet doesn't make it very clear.

TripOpt55

This looks awesome. I was kind of hoping they wouldn't use Nate and his family in any way since the end of 4 is the perfect way to finish my adventures with them. So I was hoping for a Chloe/Cutter adventure that can hopefully be a bit more action-oriented than 4 was. Nadine definitely works though. I love her voice actor and she didn't get developed enough in 4. Who knows, maybe Cutter will show up too. Should be really cool.

AHA-Lambda

Any confirmation as to what this is. Is this the u4 story DLC? Is it replacing that? In addition to it? Is it a full game? A short story like left behind? ND'S tweet doesn't make it very clear.

Yeah, this announcement is clear as mud.

Is it the story DLC or not?
Is it standalone?
Is it something else entirely? Another full $60 experience?

Gradly

Sony posted the gameplay on YouTube in 4k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZjx5ao7alw

The official blurb:

From the critically acclaimed developer, Naughty Dog, comes the first standalone adventure in Uncharted franchise history led by fan-favorite character, Chloe Frazer.

In order to recover a fabled ancient Indian artifact and keep it out of the hands of a ruthless war profiteer, Chloe Frazer must enlist the aid of renowned mercenary Nadine Ross (from Uncharted 4: A Thief's End). Together, they’ll venture deep into the mountains of India in search of the legendary artifact. Along the way, they’ll learn to work together to unearth the mystery of the artifact, fight their way through fierce opposition, and prevent the region from falling into chaos.

Lime

I hope the depiction of Arab men won't be as one-dimensional and "hostile/aggressive towards women" as in the trailer. I know that the game relies on genre conventions dating back to Indiana Jones, but I guess it's just uninteresting to have brown Arabic men act unkind to (white) women. I'm reminded of Not Without My Daughter and its likes.

Regardless, I love Nadine and Chloe having a game together, it's really perfect.

Gradly

I hope the depiction of Arab men won't be as one-dimensional and "hostile/aggressive towards women" as in the trailer. I know that the game relies on genre conventions dating back to Indiana Jones, but I guess it's just uninteresting to have brown Arabic men act unkind to (white) women. I'm reminded of Not Without My Daughter and its likes.

Regardless, I love Nadine and Chloe having a game together, it's really perfect.

The story is set in India actually

Top Bottom