• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Under Night In-birth Exe:Late |OT| Under Night In-America

Uraizen

Banned
Are people actually gonna support this game or go back to BBCP after 2 weeks? This will heavily influence my decision to get this game or not.

Honestly?

This would just be something to screw around with and kill time. I have zero intention of getting good at it, but I would play it for fun every once in a while. Same thing for USFIV and most other fighters.

EDIT: Top of page exposed.

Been playing around with this game for a couple of hours. I like it so far! I'll mess around with it a lot more tomorrow, as I need to sleep.

Still; so far, so good! Game looks really crisp, and plays well. No complaints so far.

Rhapsody

Banned
Not for me at all I keep trying to barrier like in BB.
I'm scrub tier :)

Shielding's actually pretty good in this game. Just make sure to shield in the right direction, and don't get grabbed during it.
Unlike BB, shielding actually gives shorter blockstun.

Anne

So the game is making a lot of sense to me. Merkava is really good and has some hilarious stuff, but he's mad awkward to control. I'm doing well but it'll take a minute to get him all the way down.

Went ahead and messed with Linne since I want a sub. She's /really/ easy to get going with if anybody wants a new-player friendly character. Everything is really straightforward, and if you want her stronger combos, the worst you'll worry about is a TK fireball.

Solune

Are people actually gonna support this game or go back to BBCP after 2 weeks? This will heavily influence my decision to get this game or not.
No one knows how support is going to last for the game, pretty unreasonable to ask right now. You should play with the intention of liking it or wanting to play it. Otherwise just stick to BB.
who's the equivalent of sol in this game?

There isnt anyone like Sol in this game. If you want a good character with access to a damaging command grab Gordeau is great. If you want the protagonist archetype you may want to look at Hyde footage. He can combo off a throw in the corner, has a dp, has a fireball he can detonate for frame advantage, and has the go to combo move with the QCB motion.

Slaythe

With Persona 4 Ultimax next month and GGXrd close, I can not see that game surviving very long.

But it can pass time and if it's really good/fun i'm sure people will still play it.

Slaythe

If JP release is confirmed region free, pretty sure a lot of people will get it.

I mean, EU doesn't even have a release date so we might as well not wait for NA release.

Infinite

Hey guys! If you enjoy a game why don't you play it! It's silly to think about when this game is going to die or shit like that.

Skilletor

I'd think most people would hold off for the NA release of Purseowner. So it's more like this game has 2 months before being completely dead.

This line of thought is really weird. Most people aren't going to bother importing the game. It's not even out in NA until 2015.

This line of thought is really weird. Most people aren't going to bother importing the game. It's not even out in NA until 2015.

By the same token your response is really weird. Why would anyone asking about the life span of the community care if they are not planning to get the game for another half a year or more.

Edit: Oh and yeah the thread title is specifically for Imported version. So yeah.

Skilletor

By the same token your response is really weird. Why would anyone asking about the life span of the community care if they are not planning to get the game for another half a year or more.

Edit: Oh and yeah the thread title is specifically for Imported version. So yeah.

I don't know what you're trying to say here, so I'll just drop it and go back to enjoying the game.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
P-A hasn't shipped this yet. Wondering if I should just go digital and pick up a hard copy when the U.S. version drops next year.

In fact that's starting to sound very tempting...

EDIT: No link to cancel the order. Guess it's too far along. Will wait I guess. It's cheap enough for the import as-is.

I don't know what you're trying to say here, so I'll just drop it and go back to enjoying the game.

Yeah I am sorry, you are right. It is more likely that the same group of people would import P4AU as those that would import this game so that yes the expected lifespan is about a month.

I have local players hyped about the game and they don't care about BB and P4U to be honest. They really enjoy a fresh new game.

Skilletor

I have local players hyped about the game and they don't care about BB and P4U to be honest. They really enjoy a fresh new game.

The way movement works in this game, it's not really similar to other "anime" games at all. After spending some time with it, I like it a lot. There's not going to much overlap in playstyle with this and other anime games coming out this year.

Uraizen

Banned
Hey guys! If you enjoy a game why don't you play it! It's silly to think about when this game is going to die or shit like that.

I still boot up SFxT every once in a while. The supposed death of a game is non-existent as long as there's one other person to play with, dammit!

Mdesilva

Man, I'm shit at this game. Can't even do delay j.C on Eltnum's double jump and I suck at 421 motions and quick 22s as well :/ Obviously just takes practice but when the main BnBs for my character use these, it kinda sucks.

I also have no idea how anything works/when to use all these new mechanics. Kinda overwhelmed here >.<

OceanBlue

Man, I'm shit at this game. Can't even do delay j.C on Eltnum's double jump and I suck at 421 motions and quick 22s as well :/ Obviously just takes practice but when the main BnBs for my character use these, it kinda sucks.

I also have no idea how anything works/when to use all these new mechanics. Kinda overwhelmed here >.<

I wonder to what extent you can use what you know from other fighting games and succeed. It's day 1, so maybe as long as you know a decent combo from your 5A/2A, a decent punish combo, and a decent anti-air combo you might be okay. I was watching Kazunoko play and he had a ~85% win rate with just solid execution and basic fighting game know-how. He was playing Gordeau though :V.

play-asia plz

Mdesilva

I wonder to what extent you can use what you know from other fighting games and succeed. It's day 1, so maybe as long as you know a decent combo from your 5A/2A, a decent punish combo, and a decent anti-air combo you might be okay. I was watching Kazunoko play and he had a ~85% win rate with just solid execution and basic fighting game know-how. He was playing Gordeau though :V.

play-asia plz
I think I'm just used to easy characters that don't involve many inputs other than quarter circles in their combos :p But this should just take some time. I bet I'll get it down eventually.

Also, I think part of why I was screwing up my combo was that I used 2A when the starter was actually supposed to be 5A.

SUPARSTARX

The monetary investment ain't bad if you split it.

I can see myself playing this game even after P4U2 release because it's kind of easy to get into so far

Can't wait to get home and boot this up.

I will try my best to ignore Akatsuki, even though he seems to suit my playstyle perfectly. I'm not picking low tier in another fighting game. Nope!

Rhapsody

Banned
GGs, Roebear. I had to get going anyways, so that was a good time to stop.
Using Chaos looks pretty hard, haha. I wish he was better in this game.

I think I have a good grasp on Eltnum, while Orie is still a bit difficult against anyone that can fill the screen easily.

petghost

Banned

right. these predictions of bigger anime fish in the pond coming along and blowing up the game are ridiculous. games survive because people enjoy playing them and continue to do so. Melty survived next to GG, GG survived next to BB, all of them survived next to SF etc.

RoeBear

GGs, Roebear. I had to get going anyways, so that was a good time to stop.
Using Chaos looks pretty hard, haha. I wish he was better in this game.

I think I have a good grasp on Eltnum, while Orie is still a bit difficult against anyone that can fill the screen easily.

Yeah they were fun matches. Chaos is not like Relius and Carl. His moves with the monster have to be linked or they have significant cool down. The only long range normal move I have is that reflect but you have to cancel it on hit with B+C which is still hard for me.

Eltnum looks like a beast almost everything was hitting for major damage. You looked solid.

I'm mashing a ton but it's only because I'm so clueless. Hopefully the more I play the calmer I'll be and look like I'm not sweating bullets so much.

Rhapsody

Banned
A little bit today, I labbed using Nanase for a bit. She's crazy fun in this game with her projectiles and movement options.

Liking her way more than Orie right now.

Eltnum's definitely going to be my "balanced" character for this game. I haven't tried Vatista yet for zoning and oki yet.
Yeah they were fun matches. Chaos is not like Relius and Carl. His moves with the monster have to be linked or they have significant cool down. The only long range normal move I have is that reflect but you have to cancel it on hit with B+C which is still hard for me.

Eltnum looks like a beast almost everything was hitting for major damage. You looked solid.

I'm mashing a ton but it's only because I'm so clueless. Hopefully the more I play the calmer I'll be and look like I'm not sweating bullets so much.
You got me mashing in pressure a lot, so that was good. There were lots of times where I thought it would end, or that you would stagger stuff and I got CHed.

Been playing this online, using only Waldstein. Good god, I stink at this game. I'm still getting the hang of Waldstein, but so far he's pretty good. One thing I don't know how to deal with is rushdown. Waldstein especially doesn't have a good get off me move that is meterless. I'll have to hit training mode and experiment with shield and pushblock on certain characters. Hyde and Akatsuki(yes) seem to be giving me the most trouble right now.

Also, I'm using a Hitbox. Doing 360s is another bane of mine so far. So many dropped 360s online. Just another thing to grind in practice mode~

Top Bottom