• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Under Night In-birth Exe:Late |OT| Under Night In-America

Lucentto

Banned
Is there anybody here that wants to share the game when buying it digital? All my friends already found someone. :(

I wouldn't mind splitting the game with you. Though I don't have paypal, we would have to each buy a 3000 yen card or something. Not sure if that would be a problem for you. Also I would probably wait to see if the game will be on the Hong Kong store, it's cheaper.

Zephyl

I love how all 3 of the characters I want to play are bottom teir. Akatsuki, Seth, and Chaos. I guess I'll have to work that much harder for my wins. ;)

BossRush

Because his "puppet" disappears after one hit and has a cooldown before being able to summoned again. It's not like Carl and Nirvana, more like having only 1 Persona card. He also has no invincible meterless reversal. To top it off his normals are stubby. He takes alot of work and forethought.

So his puppet functions like Eddie except absolutely terrible in every regard otherwise.

I wouldn't mind splitting the game with you. Though I don't have paypal, we would have to each buy a 3000 yen card or something. Not sure if that would be a problem for you. Also I would probably wait to see if the game will be on the Hong Kong store, it's cheaper.

I think they said he should come on the HK store but later.

Lucentto

Banned
I think they said he should come on the HK store but later.

Yeah, I heard that the HK store updates a bit later. Do you want to just wait for that? Though if you want to get the game earlier, we could just split the JP version. I don't mind either way honestly.

Yeah, I heard that the HK store updates a bit later. Do you want to just wait for that? Though if you want to get the game earlier, we could just split the JP version. I don't mind either way honestly.

Sorry a local friend just texted me he wants the game too, so he'll give me money directly. Sorry about the miss opportunity. :(

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I never got deep into Melty, but easily been a fan of "France Pan" since RBO. I'm happy to finally get to buy one of their games properly for once, and will be glad to Double-Dip once the US version releases.

I love how unified the Character illustrations and actual in-game art are. Blazblue has styles that clash heavily with each other, which breaks the unity of the product. This game makes you feel as if you're basically playing the direct character artist designs, which deserves special attention.

Gameplay wise, I really look forward to seeing how I feel actually playing this. Watching Japanese play VS playing normal VS matches always feels so different to me.

I can't wait for this game. Each character looks completely broken and super fun.

Yup, it's a great feeling. Helps even make the occasional losses somewhat fun, lol.

Slaythe

Eh...

I'm tempted (and kind of bored) , but on another hand I WANT persona 4 Ultimax that is just next month. I don't have crazy money.

I'll count on you guys to tell me how the netplay is and stuff,and if the game isn't too broken to see if I get that UNIB.

Ken

Eh...

I'm tempted (and kind of bored) , but on another hand I WANT persona 4 Ultimax that is just next month. I don't have crazy money.

I'll count on you guys to tell me how the netplay is and stuff,and if the game isn't too broken to see if I get that UNIB.

Did they say if JP copies of that is region locked or not yet?

Lemstar

I bought a little more Japanese PSN credit than I need. If anyone's interested in 6000 JPY for what I paid for it ($64), drop me a line.

(If you're interested in gameshares, I'm doing those too.)

All aboard the Merkava train, leggo.

Shamelss plus, we opened up a forum for this game recently and we have quite a few useful threads in there for people looking into learning it tomorrow http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/forum/298-under-night-in-birth/

*wubwub intensifies*

Thanks for the link. I have to say I've learned a lot about UNiB/EL that would have probably taken me weeks or months to figure out by myself thanks to the posters on Dustloop, so I wholeheartedly recommend you guys check out their forum.

Solune

I never got deep into Melty, but easily been a fan of "France Pan" since RBO. I'm happy to finally get to buy one of their games properly for once, and will be glad to Double-Dip once the US version releases.

I love how unified the Character illustrations and actual in-game art are. Blazblue has styles that clash heavily with each other, which breaks the unity of the product. This game makes you feel as if you're basically playing the direct character artist designs, which deserves special attention.

Gameplay wise, I really look forward to seeing how I feel actually playing this. Watching Japanese play VS playing normal VS matches always feels so different to me.

I think that's because the concept art actually start out as sprites first. You can tell from the UNIB Mook there aren't many full blown illustrations. The Wiki also has screencaps from Furapan streams for Erika and other characters showing the concept sprites.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
With the release nearing, I've been watching more videos. I love how I quite often see moves that I've either never seen before, or used in different ways, with a good variety of the characters. Haven't seen much Orie lately, however...

I think that's because the concept art actually start out as sprites first. You can tell from the UNIB Mook there aren't many full blown illustrations. The Wiki also has screencaps from Furapan streams for Erika and other characters showing the concept sprites.

I've only seen a few of the pics from the streams, but I'd assume you're right, good point!

It's a great way to work, and it works out very well here. One of the best bonuses of working with a smaller, focused group or designers.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
AmiAmi has mine in stock now. Too bad I gotta wait for them to get some other stuff first OTL

Should've just gone digital

Yuuichi

AmiAmi has mine in stock now. Too bad I gotta wait for them to get some other stuff first OTL

Should've just gone digital

Glad I decided to go digital on this one, even if I can't play until Monday.

Been watching plenty of the tournaments, loving the variety. Hopefully the two new characters and some balance changes mix it up even more.

Kumubou

Already found a mistake in Akatsuki's. There's a picture of him and not a tomb stone.
Senaru makes that character look almost respectable. Maybe you just need to be gdlk! Chaos, on the other hand... that's some true sadness. Even his "good" pressure sucks, since people can just sit there and shield lizard all day for all the GRD, and what is Chaos going to do about that?

Papstr

Neo Member
Totally on board for this just for Akatsuki. I'll just pretend that this is actually a sequel to Akatsuki Blitzkampf.
En-Eins doesn't count

Though Merkava looks kinda fun too.

Yuuichi

Wald throw infinite ... probably. Only five bullet points, uh?

Something about an Akatsuki change too, some sort of a modification to one of his EX moves but I can't read a few of the kanji at this angle ヽ(´ー`)ノ

Uraizen

Banned
Something about an Akatsuki change too, some sort of a modification to one of his EX moves but I can't read a few of the kanji at this angle ヽ(´ー`)ノ

Probably just adding a flower to his tomb stone.
I'm enjoying this too much.

Solune

With the release nearing, I've been watching more videos. I love how I quite often see moves that I've either never seen before, or used in different ways, with a good variety of the characters. Haven't seen much Orie lately, however...
The two highest ranked Ories right now are Nishine (a-cho) and Row, I'd recommend looking for footage of those two.
I've only seen a few of the pics from the streams, but I'd assume you're right, good point!

It's a great way to work, and it works out very well here. One of the best bonuses of working with a smaller, focused group or designers.

Yah I think Yoshihara's designs are very malleable, you can tell just because of his illustrations for the birthdays and such with casual clothes and various attire for his characters. mubyou's pixel art is also insane, whatever technology ASW shared with Furapan is amazing, perhaps they should look at taking tips from him for their own games.

Probably another 12 hours.

Edit: So is there any information how online is going to work with this game? Or does everyone just plan to play it locally?

I have no idea how big the community is expected to be but match making/lobbies seem like they would be a concern when trying to play a japanese game on the other side of the world.

Crocodile

Wondering how Nanase is going to turn out. Interesting in picking her up; I like her aesthetic design.

Interesting. I don't know too much about this game but from looking at the character designs it feels a bit weird to me. Half of them seem pretty cool and unique but like the other half look like generic anime protagonist/antagonist #46146455302. I wonder why they decided to half and half the cast like they did.

Infinite

Interesting. I don't know too much about this game but from looking at the character designs it feels a bit weird to me. Half of them seem pretty cool and unique but like the other half look like generic anime protagonist/antagonist #46146455302. I wonder why they decided to half and half the cast like they did.

Yes, some characters are supposed to look like high schoolers because that's what some of them are. Generic looking is your opinion.

OceanBlue

Maybe it's your personal biases factoring into it? They all look really anime to me. Wald might be the only surprising design for me lol.

Edit: To be fair, I've been following this game for 2 years now. :<

Naite

Finished buying and redeeming my psn cards and reading up on the system mechanics. Can't wait to finally play this. Never really played Melty Blood that much but have always been interested in French Bread games. Likely gonna use Eltnum or Orie.

Crocodile

Yes, some characters are supposed to look like high schoolers because that's what some of them are. Generic looking is your opinion.

Oh really?! You don't say :p

Just to be clear, I'm NOT taking shots at you, just sayin' what I'm seein'

I suppose that does explain why so many of them do look like high schoolers though. I still wished they could have "spiced them up" or something.

Maybe it's your personal biases factoring into it? They all look really anime to me. Wald might be the only surprising design for me lol.

Edit: To be fair, I've been following this game for 2 years now. :<

I mean "anime" is a WIDE descriptor. BB and GG are both anime but don't look much alike as far as I'm concerned. I've got NO qualms with anime. It's just that when you can change the hair color of a characters and stumble onto like 20 other anime characters, you didn't try hard enough in the character design stage :p (This is hyperbole of course but I hope you understand my point?)

Top Bottom