• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unreleased level added to Crash N Sane Trilogy

Qwark

Woah! Slippery Climb is easily the best level design in the trilogy. I wonder if this one is as good.

Wha? People like Slippery Climb? It's so freaking frustrating. Just thinking about trying to scale the vertical wall of circling platforms and then falling to the bottom... urgh.

alexbull_uk

Got the gem.

The actual platforming is pretty good and not that hard, but there's a lot of remembering patterns which IMO isn't that much fun.

The bonus round was weird. Took several tries just to understand what it wanted me to do.

Not looking forward to getting the relic.

Hektor

Yep, that was CLOSE AS FUCK.

https://clips.twitch.tv/PeppyMiniatureAppleBuddhaBar

bee0a08235de6971e3adf0ae1203e0b8.gif

Overall, loved the map but I had spoiled it a long time ago and multiple times at that :/ It's definitely the hardest "non-gimmick"-map in the game though.

That part fucked me up

Mr-Joker

Banned
Can't believe that they have the gall to charge for the level since it's required to own it if you want 100% completion in Crash 1

I'd prefer it if they released a way to skip that fuggin intro.

pg66SAc.gif

Here's what they need to fix;

-The god damn loading time,

-The dodgy hit box,

-Freaking Subtitles for the cut scene,

-The inclusion of Crash 2 moves in Crash 1, it's the only way that I will play that boring trash,

-fix the motorcycle stage so that it has dynamic difficulty adjustment that the developers seem to be so proud of.

-Fix the jetski control in Crash 3,

-Fix the requirement of getting the coloured gem in Crash1, I am not doing the bullshit of getting all the boxes without dying.

Caayn

I'm more puzzled by the video being 60 fps. It's not just the video being uploaded at that either, the footage is actually 60 fps, so what the hell? Seems kinda misleading.
Is this real? That's pretty shitty thing to do when the game is just 30fps, even on Pro.

So they have a 60fps version but aren't releasing it for god knows why... Or they're advertising the PS4 version (only one publicly known about) with PC footage.

Qwark

-The inclusion of Crash 2 moves in Crash 1, it's the only way that I will play that boring trash,

-Fix the requirement of getting the coloured gem in Crash1, I am not doing the bullshit of getting all the boxes without dying.

Lol, they are never going to do these.

Subtitles is an obvious omission, they need to add that. I don't expect them to ever update the hitbox, sorry.

silva1991

Lives before Stormy ascent: 99
Lives after the level: 55....

Those three bouncing birds were fucking hard.

Wha? People like Slippery Climb? It's so freaking frustrating. Just thinking about trying to scale the vertical wall of circling platforms and then falling to the bottom... urgh.

Hell yeah, I love it.

Hektor

Is this real? That's pretty shitty thing to do when the game is just 30fps, even on Pro.

So they have a 60fps version but aren't releasing it for god knows why...

Probably because it's for a different platform they haven't announcet yet

Nev

Banned
Now that they fixed the jumping being off in Crash 1 it's officially better than the shitty gimmick minigame collection that is 3.

Glorious platforming, unadulterated fun.

I wish they made new levels for Crash 2 forever.

Wait, fixed the jumping?

Yeah it was clunky and had a shitty animation in Crash 1 compared to 2 and 3. It's much better now.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Now that they fixed the jumping being off in Crash 1 it's officially better than the shitty gimmick collection that is 3.

Glorious platforming, unadulterated fun. I wish they made new levels for 2 forever.
Wait, fixed the jumping?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Now that they fixed the jumping being off in Crash 1 it's officially better than the shitty gimmick collection that is 3.

Glorious platforming, unadulterated fun.

I wish they made new levels for Crash 2 forever.

Yeah it was clunky and had a shitty animation in Crash 1 compared to 2 and 3. It's much better now.
Proof of said patch? It's not that I don't trust you, I just want clarification

rjc571

Banned
This trailer is false advertising, it shows the game running at 60 fps when the actual game is locked to 30, we should file a class action lawsuit against Activision

.Anema

So, with this level we got the last 2 trophies?
I'm thinking in 1 for finishing the level and another for the gold/platinum relic?

Gem obtained, time trial...ignored, when your target time is 7 minutes then WELL.

Solid enough stage in that I always thought just having one castle wall stage was a shame, like the small section where you descend for a twist on the usual hazards.
Some of those scientists had knobtacular placement, shout out to the final checkpoint where in the haste to get back into the action (no doubt after that incredibly strict pair of in and out platforms kill you) you can run straight into a flask hurled with Olympian distance.

The bonus room can suck it though, those stealth TNT boxes right near the end was just too much of a troll after the trial and error required to get that far.

I remember when this first showed up on the trophy list and people were complaining about paid dlc before knowing shit. I'm glad it's free for a month and you can even get it without owning the game.

xuchu

Got the gem as well. Hard but fun level. Go in with 99 lives and be prepared to lose 40-50. The bonus stage seems hard at first but there is a trick that will make it quite doable. You will almost automatically get all the boxes by just by completing the level as there are no hidden boxes.

Will leave the time trial for later if I ever do it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
That feeling when you get the gold relic in just under 4 minutes, but you can't share the footage because it's too long, arrrggghhhh

Can I at least save it onto my PS4?

BetaM

The gem gives 2%, the relic does nothing (except trophy) and there are still no fireworks after getting it.

In version 1.00 getting 102% (all gold relics) did give you fireworks. This and a couple other factors (store name being LEVEL1, Lost Treasures etc.) makes me think there's gonna be more levels.

The level itself isn't that bad since it has multiple checkpoints but doing the time trial, let alone something like platinum relic, ought to be some palm sweating stuff.

L.O.R.D

The gem gives 2%, the relic does nothing (except trophy) and there are still no fireworks after getting it.

In version 1.00 getting 102% (all gold relics) did give you fireworks. This and a couple other factors (store name being LEVEL1, Lost Treasures etc.) makes me think there's gonna be more levels.

there was relics in crash 1 on PS1? i don't think there was any relics in Crash 1.

RockmanBN

there was relics in crash 1 on PS1? i don't think there was any relics in Crash 1.

Relics started on Crash 3. Crash 1 & 2 initially didn't have them. I assume Crash 2 got the sprint upgrade to make trials easier so you wouldn't be slide jumping the entire level.

Got the gold relic. Took me an hour or two? (I lost track of time!) but I managed it, honestly it seems like the gold time is pretty darn lenient, I took my time at 4 mins and could have easily improve, but damn is doing this level in one go some seriously difficult stuff! I did actually really enjoy it, but I think the timing could have been tightened up slightly so it could have been slightly easier to reach some platforms - doesn't help that some of the platforms have really long cycles, really threw me off where I continued to jump too soon.

So now I have to read up why the level went unused in the first place, would I be right in assuming its due to the difficulty? Because some of the jumps in the level - especially at the end are just darn right sadistic unless you really study the timing and learn the level back to front.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yes, they said they felt it was too hard & didn't have enough to make it easier.

Personally, I felt as though High Road was MUCH more infuriating, especially during the time trial.

AzureFlame

Yes, they said they felt it was too hard & didn't have enough to make it easier.

Personally, I felt as though High Road was MUCH more infuriating, especially during the time trial.

Just finished the Gold Relic time trial for Stormy Ascend, it's way harder than High Road's time trail.

7BX6MXb_d.webp

rjc571

Banned
You know why.
We all know why.

Isn't this type of advertising illegal? They're clearly misleading their audience about the quality of the game by displaying it in a higher framerate than it actually runs at.

It would be one thing if the trailer was encoded at 60 fps for bitrate purposes but still showed the game running at 30, which is what they had been doing in earlier trailers, but in this case they're showing footage which is unrepresentative of the final product.

Parsnip

Isn't this type of advertising illegal? They're clearly misleading their audience about the quality of the game by displaying it in a higher framerate than it actually runs at.

It would be one thing if the trailer was encoded at 60 fps for bitrate purposes but still showed the game running at 30, which is what they had been doing in earlier trailers, but in this case they're showing footage which is unrepresentative of the final product.
I'm not a lawyer, but one would assume so.

Top Bottom