• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

A lot of Indie devs have went back to the drawing board on Vita releases over the past 6 months

apparently underestimated the time investment of the porting process

Nikodemos

A lot of Indie devs have went back to the drawing board on Vita releases over the past 6 months

apparently underestimated the time investment of the porting process
Which is why there should be some sort of dev get-together where notes on how to successfully and easily port games to the Vita should be exchanged.

matmanx1

Wow, what an OT! Vita means life, yo! My Vita is still in action (currently playing Trails of Cold Steel) and is still one of my favorite all time gaming machines. Go, go, little Vita!

Has anyone gotten their hands on the import of Civ Rev Plus 2? Really interested, and hoping it was similar to Rev 1 on 360. I never played the mobile versions, as I believe this is a direct port of.

Yeah, I imported it. It's pretty much the same as Civ Rev 1 on consoles, with a few extra bells and whistles. In fact it's not really a whole lot different.

Anything in particular you want to know?

Fady K

* Volume is out now people. Launch trailer for the Vita version here. (From Mike Bithell, developer of Thomas Was Alone, also on Vita).

f181743.jpg

* Kamen Rider: Battride War Genesis is hitting Japanese Vitas on Feb 25. Opening movie here.
fjanK5P.jpg

Kamen-Rider-BRWG-OP-Movie.jpg

* Gundam Breaker 3 new screens: (developed by Crafts & Meister)
Gundam-Breaker-3_Fami-shot_01-06-16_001.jpg

Gundam-Breaker-3_Fami-shot_01-06-16_002.jpg

Gundam-Breaker-3_Fami-shot_01-06-16_004.jpg

Gundam-Breaker-3_Fami-shot_01-06-16_003.jpg

* Kenka Bancho Otome delayed to Spring 2016 in Japan.
Kenka-Bancho-Otome-Delayed-Spring-2016.jpg

Hey OP .

Project Phoenix

=> 2018

Also, impressive list.

Thanks for the kind words Slaythe :D

Wow, what an OT! Vita means life, yo! My Vita is still in action (currently playing Trails of Cold Steel) and is still one of my favorite all time gaming machines. Go, go, little Vita!

Thanks for the kind words matmanx1 :) I really hope to play the Legend of Heroes games soon!

what a list!! love my vita, sees much more play than my N3DS (until FE comes out)

Many thanks to you mauaus <3 (On the topic of FE, I wish they released it as one game in the US like they are doing so in Europe)

Any word on when Pier Solar and the Great Architects is being released on the Vita?

The devs have not responded to anyone on twitter for ages regarding the Vita (and promised Dreamcast) port. Not expecting much, but we shall see.

And another one bites the dust. Fenix Rage is resurfaced as Fenix Furia, and guess what? Now there's no mention of Vita anymore

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016...a-is-ps4-bound-adds-split-screen-multiplayer/

I was going to say the same! I'll take it down for now.

I really hope the Kamen Rider port is decent. I loved the first PS3 game despite all its faults and having a Vita version is an awesome prospect.

Anyone tried Volume yet on the Vita, does it run well?

I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this, but I've had a weird issue with my 64 GB memory card. It works fine, but certain music files show up as "Unsupported File" after being played a few times. Selecting them plays the music as usual, but it does make me concerned. Is this a common sign of the memory card dying? I already backed my save files up on Plus for the worst case scenario.

@Wreck

I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this, but I've had a weird issue with my 64 GB memory card. It works fine, but certain music files show up as "Unsupported File" after being played a few times. Selecting them plays the music as usual, but it does make me concerned. Is this a common sign of the memory card dying? I already backed my save files up on Plus for the worst case scenario.

is you music file one of these formats listed below?

Q: What video and audio formats will PS Vita support?
A: PS Vita supports a wide array of audio files, including: MP3 (MPEG-1/2 Audio Layer 3), MP4 (MPEG-4 AAC), and WAVE (Linear PCM). Video formats supported include: MPEG-4 Simple Profile (AAC) and H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High/Main/Baseline Profile (AAC). Image and photo formats supported include JPEG, TIFF, BMP, GIF, and PNG.

can be found here: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/02/16/ps-vita-the-ultimate-faq/

Great OP as usual Fady. I'm definitely interested in Slain, probably Civilization Revolution 2, and there are a couple of others I've backed in Kickstarter like Project Nightcry and Drift Stage. I also have Pier Solar HD on my PS4 - I wonder if it would be cross-buy with the Vita version. I should find out who the dev is and tweet them to ask.

Big chunk of new info this week. Just gonna post it from where I posted on another forum:

Busy day today.

New Digimon World: Next Order screens:

http://gematsu.com/2016/01/digimon-world-next-order-screenshots-6

Punch Line game launched April 28th:

http://gematsu.com/2016/01/punch-line-game-launches-april-28-japan

Stranger of Sword City's new artstyle (will be included in Vita western release):

http://gematsu.com/2016/01/stranger...aunches-march-22-north-america-march-24-japan

NIS teasing possible HTOL#NIQ sequel:

http://gematsu.com/2016/01/nippon-i...-title-teaser-website-possible-htolniq-sequel

Asterisk War opening video:

http://www.senpaigamer.com/sony-vita/asterisk-war-ps-vita-game-opening-movie-published-01082016-1511

Shinovi Versus has sold 300k worldwide (only on Vita, too!):

http://gematsu.com/2016/01/senran-k...us-arc-infinity-complete-pack-announced-japan

After having a Vita since launch and seeing both threads on NeoGaf i decided to grab one of those expensive 64gb memory cards. Love my Vita and with the 64gb card i will be able to have all my digital games and PS1 classics on the go.

PS
Great job OP, Vita means life! :)

Shizuka

I'm still at the hospital, but for those keeping up with limited Vita releases, there are three in January:

- Atelier Escha & Logy Plus (NISA Store exclusive);
- Saturday Morning RPG (Limited Run Games exclusive);
- Deemo: The Last Recital (Asia exclusive).

And for next month so far, we have as limited physical Vita releases:

- Dead or Alive 3 Xtreme (Asia exclusive);
- Digimon Cyber Sleuth (Asia exclusive);
- Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs (Asia exclusive).

Fady K

Good day guys <3 I rounded up some news for you all to add to your day:

* Summon Night 6: Lost Borders received a new Japanese trailer. Game is out in Japan on March 10.
UTKCkDS.jpg

* Volume has been out for less than a week and the developer is already happy with his decision to port to the Vita. He tweeted this a couple days ago: "Just got the numbers for yesterday... Wowsers Vita owners, you're making me feel all special and stuff. Appreciate your support! :)"

* Hitman GO screens taken by Square Enix themselves playing on the Vita:
CYJQQsfUEAAb28n.jpg

CYJQQsgUEAIPrTV.jpg

* Odin Sphere: Leifdrasir - Japanese Vita owners, don't forget that the demo is out for this game already :)
CYKUZbbWAAEKwz3.jpg

* Nobunaga’s Ambition Sphere of Influence Sengoku Risshiden - gets its first trailer.
mSK4ZRd.jpg

* Space Overlords has been announced for the Vita by Columbian developer 12 Hit Combo and may release as soon as April! It's a combat action shooter. First screens here:
Space-Overlords1.jpg

Space-Overlords2.jpg

Space-Overlords5.jpg

Space-Overlords4.jpg

* Oddworld: Abe's Odyssey - New 'n' Tasty will be hitting the Vita soon! The developer is teasing about it on twitter :)
HgDpYgRl.jpg

* Attractio - Now here's one game we haven't heard anything about in aaaaages. And guess what? It's coming on the 19th of January! Trailer here.
H4Brhlb.jpg

I know that this might not be the thread with the people most sceptical to Shahid and his work, but I still wanted to post this if some of you haven't heard/read it :)

Audio (28:34min)
https://m.soundcloud.com/polygon-lo...childless-but-it-changed-sony-in-time-for-ps4

Shahid was incredible at Sony, he will certainly be missed and I hope someone is filling half his shoes over there ;D

yeah 2016!!!

wooohoo

@Wreck <3

Great OP as usual Fady. I'm definitely interested in Slain, probably Civilization Revolution 2, and there are a couple of others I've backed in Kickstarter like Project Nightcry and Drift Stage. I also have Pier Solar HD on my PS4 - I wonder if it would be cross-buy with the Vita version. I should find out who the dev is and tweet them to ask.

Thanks my friend :D <3 Among those you listed, I cannot wait for Project Night Cry. Clock Tower is one of my favorite series and to have this game exist in 2016 is a shock to me. (Last game I played from Japan that was a lot like Clock Tower was probably 11 years ago with Haunting Ground!)

Big chunk of new info this week. Just gonna post it from where I posted on another forum:

Busy day today.

New Digimon World: Next Order screens:

http://gematsu.com/2016/01/digimon-world-next-order-screenshots-6

Punch Line game launched April 28th:

http://gematsu.com/2016/01/punch-line-game-launches-april-28-japan

Stranger of Sword City's new artstyle (will be included in Vita western release):

http://gematsu.com/2016/01/stranger...aunches-march-22-north-america-march-24-japan

NIS teasing possible HTOL#NIQ sequel:

http://gematsu.com/2016/01/nippon-i...-title-teaser-website-possible-htolniq-sequel

Asterisk War opening video:

http://www.senpaigamer.com/sony-vita/asterisk-war-ps-vita-game-opening-movie-published-01082016-1511

Shinovi Versus has sold 300k worldwide (only on Vita, too!):

http://gematsu.com/2016/01/senran-k...us-arc-infinity-complete-pack-announced-japan

Thanks for sharing all these details Kresnik! Incredible, that number for Shinovi Versus! Speaking of Nippon Ichi, I really hope they localize their cute horror game for the Vita!!

PS
Great job OP, Vita means life! :)

Thanks a lot for the kind words :)! There'll be more to come from time to time :D Enjoy the thread and your Vita

Faustek

Ok so Amazon Uk is either crazy or Atlus has stopped being scared of Europe but are they really selling Odin Sphere themselves here?
It says Atlus is the seller and doesn't mention import or anything as it usually does if it is.

Ok so Amazon Uk is either crazy or Atlus has stopped being scared of Europe but are they really selling Odin Sphere themselves here?
It says Atlus is the seller and doesn't mention import or anything as it usually does if it is.
It's the US version. amazon UK (stupidly) doesn't label imports.
Also look at the ESRB rating

New 'n' tasty on Vita ? :eek:
I hope it'll be cross buy, since I took the PS4 game when it was on PS+.

Did you guys try the demo of Odin Sphere on Vita ? I pre-ordered the PS4 version since it's the only one with the LE, but if the game runs well on vita I might just double dip.

Fady K

New 'n' tasty on Vita ? :eek:
I hope it'll be cross buy, since I took the PS4 game when it was on PS+.

Did you guys try the demo of Odin Sphere on Vita ? I pre-ordered the PS4 version since it's the only one with the LE, but if the game runs well on vita I might just double dip.

Good news for you Phoenix944, New N Tasty is indeed cross buy.

Thanks for the update Fady, can't wait for a few of those games to be released (like Oddworld and Hitman Go).

You're most welcome man :) Hopefully Hitman Go does well and they release the Lara Croft game next

very very tempted to bite the bullet and get a 64gb card. But I know as soon as I do one of either two things will happen:
(1) Sony will release a 128gb card, OR:
(2) A third party will release a micro sd adaptor

very very tempted to bite the bullet and get a 64gb card. But I know as soon as I do one of either two things will happen:
(1) Sony will release a 128gb card, OR:
(2) A third party will release a micro sd adaptor

You are safe! Sony won't ever release anything new for the VITA and third parties don't care lol :|

Buy a 64 GB, even if by some miracle there's another option, these things don't drop in value so you can get most of your money back

I know that this might not be the thread with the people most sceptical to Shahid and his work, but I still wanted to post this if some of you haven't heard/read it :)

Audio (28:34min)
https://m.soundcloud.com/polygon-lo...childless-but-it-changed-sony-in-time-for-ps4

Wow, I had no idea that audio articles were a thing. That was awesome.

Being reminded that Sony's not developing anything for the Vita is weird to me though. I understand that they must have seen it as a sunk cost as that any investment would see a bigger return on the PS4, and they had to make hard choices because they were backed into a financial corner.

But now that the PS4 is a runaway freight train and they're financially secure, I'm surprised they're not throwing anything out there, when clearly a number of developers have found a market on the system. Even if it can only support modest releases, I'm surprised Sony's not putting any goodwill gestures out there for the fans given that the system will likely trundle on for years in Asia.

huh? Import games I have bought have been labelled as import. Also shouldn't the seller be Amazon instead of Atlus? Or is Atlus really going to sell an exported game without mentioning it? That just seems off.

For the ESRB rating. I didn't even see it :/

http://i.imgur.com/qDsDFH3.gifv

The seller isn't Atlus
Dispatched from and sold by Amazon. Gift-wrap available.

Atlus is mentioned under the game because they are the publisher.
And yes, amazon.co.uk has been selling imports (even 3DS games!) for a while without mentioning it. I have no idea why.

Guys I apologize if this is not the place, but ever since I got a Vita I've wanted to get both MGS AC!D titles and play them on the Vita. Does anybody know if it is possible to play them on the Vita (or if there is some shady way you can do it) as I can not find them on PSN?

Ephidel

huh? Import games I have bought have been labelled as import. Also shouldn't the seller be Amazon instead of Atlus? Or is Atlus really going to sell an exported game without mentioning it? That just seems off.

For the ESRB rating. I didn't even see it :/
The seller is Amazon, the publisher is listed as Atlus.
I'm assuming for the most part they're showing up in some sort of database oddness. They always share the ASIN info with the listings on the Amazon US store but some of them have funky info (At one point the Norn9 listing said it was a lithuanian book, rather than a vita game. Yeah, I still tried ordering it).
You also have a 90%+ chance of the order getting cancelled if you try. All the ones I've tried for have been cancelled on me: Code Realize and Norn9 got cancelled about a week after release. DT2, EDF and Trails of Cold Steel got cancelled a few weeks before they were due to release. Presumably at around the point someone realises they're the wrong versions of the game (CR was 'we don't know if or when we'll get this in stock, sorry'. Norn9 was 'this item has been discontinued', the others were 'our supplier has informed us that this item is no longer available).
The only US vita games I've actually seen UK amazon get and distribute themselves are the two Xblaze games (although they only have the second at the moment, the first is all zshops now) and Superbeat Xonic. I don't know why those are the exceptions, mind you.
(Actually they're also selling Conception II and Mind Zero themselves. They didn't have either on release though).

I'm assuming for the most part they're showing up in some sort of database oddness. They always share the ASIN info with the listings on the Amazon US store but some of them have funky info (At one point the Norn9 listing said it was a lithuanian book, rather than a vita game. Yeah, I still tried ordering it).
You also have a 90%+ chance of the order getting cancelled if you try. All the ones I've tried for have been cancelled on me: Code Realize and Norn9 got cancelled about a week after release. DT2, EDF and Trails of Cold Steel got cancelled a few weeks before they were due to release. Presumably at around the point someone realises they're the wrong versions of the game (CR was 'we don't know if or when we'll get this in stock, sorry'. Norn9 was 'this item has been discontinued', the others were 'our supplier has informed us that this item is no longer available).
The only US vita games I've actually seen UK amazon get and distribute themselves are the two Xblaze games (although they only have the second at the moment, the first is all zshops now) and Superbeat Xonic. I don't know why those are the exceptions, mind you.
(Actually they're also selling Conception II and Mind Zero themselves. They didn't have either on release though).

That's really interesting. I always noticed that those games are immediately out of stock after release, but I didn't think that they'd never even deliver them

Maybe it's worth contacting amazon about that?

Takao

Banned
Guys I apologize if this is not the place, but ever since I got a Vita I've wanted to get both MGS AC!D titles and play them on the Vita. Does anybody know if it is possible to play them on the Vita (or if there is some shady way you can do it) as I can not find them on PSN?

The Ac!d games were never released on PSN anywhere. To play them on Vita you'd have to use one of the exploits on the platform.

Seems to run fine.

Faustek

Ahh that would explain it but Amazon wasn't listed as the seller at all there for a while. It is now. Anyway No wonder I've seen oddities pop up with games from Atlus and everyone else scared shitless of Europe :(

The seller isn't Atlus

Atlus is mentioned under the game because they are the publisher.
And yes, amazon.co.uk has been selling imports (even 3DS games!) for a while without mentioning it. I have no idea why.

Yeah that's weird. Checked some 3DS import games and they weren't mentioned as imports. Perhaps only 3 party sellers list them as imports then, at least for Japanese games :)

I think the font (which is now barely acceptable) and the new art were poor choices by NISA, they could've saved the effort with those.

That font we saw, at least the formating was a early build without proper alignment. At least according to Jordan Vincent. Unfortunately I haven't seen those updates yet. At least on the official site or the European site.

CamHostage

And another one bites the dust. Fenix Rage is resurfaced as Fenix Furia, and guess what? Now there's no mention of Vita anymore

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016...a-is-ps4-bound-adds-split-screen-multiplayer/

Yep, version's on hold; I know a guy who knows a guy and he says it could still happen now that the console products have finally shipped and the kerfuffle has been settled, but it wasn't in active development for Vita.

* Nobunaga&#8217;s Ambition Sphere of Influence Sengoku Risshiden - gets its first trailer.

I mentioned this in another thread but this or ROTK on Vita would be the way I'd play. There's some touch-control stuff to that engine that makes me really want to control a strategy-RPG that way. (Actually, what I really want is something like RUSE or WarGame AirLand Battle, but nobody's made a massive touch-based RTS for Vita or mobile that I'm aware of, mostly it's Advance Wars-type strategy games.)

Top Bottom