• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (OVER ~350 games with screens inside!) || 2015 Edition ||

Great job. I'm going to have to figure out my memory card situation here. I have two 32gb cards full, a 16gb card full, and a 8gb full. Considering buying two 64 gig cards and keeping a 32gb card and then giving or selling the other cards to someone. Ugh.

I heard La Mulana comes out this month, pretty excited. I hope the US gets the SaGa game. I really wish SaGa frontier would get out on psn with vita compatible.

Anyways, despite lots of people hating on the vita, this should be a solid year, so many acclaimed indies coming and a good amount of Kickstarters.

Great job. I'm going to have to figure out my memory card situation here. I have two 32gb cards full, a 16gb card full, and a 8gb full. Considering buying two 64 gig cards and keeping a 32gb card and then giving or selling the other cards to someone. Ugh.

I heard La Mulana comes out this month, pretty excited. I hope the US gets the SaGa game. I really wish SaGa frontier would get out on psn with vita compatible.
I read so much stuff like this I feel like I'm the only one who manages with a single 16GB card and just deletes old stuff. And I only have 5 physical games.

Is Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters really Europe only? Looks interesting, hopefully it comes further west to the USA.

Man, I am looking forward to a lot of those games. Sadly, I am also looking forward to a lot of those JPN titles which, I fear, will never make it to the USA...=(

Tokyo Twilight is coming to the US in March I believe.

Fady K

I thought the Vita had no games?

BTW - Well done Fady, Well done.

This thread is created to dispel that myth my friend ;D Thanks for the kind words btw! God bless you :)

Guess this is the year I'll be getting a Vita. Lots of nice looking exclusives. Just out of curiousity how many of these games are actually exclusives? I'm maInly interested in the exclusives, because if it's available on PC I'd rather get it there.

Thanks for passing by Jazz573. Exclusives wise, there are a decent number of Vita only games but nothing special; what I'll do is, every week when I update the thread with new releases I can mention the nature of their exclusivity.

Awesome Fady, it's a really extensive list. Subbed.

Thanks a lot for the kind words Staal! Stay tuned for constant updates every few days regarding new announcements, trailers, release dates, etc as well new releases updates on a weekly basis :)

Looks impressive. I know I haven't been giving my Vita as much love as I should.

There is a staggering amount of things to play on this so called dead system ;D

Sign me up for Forgotten Memories. Their youtube video description says:

"Forgotten Memories is a third person Surival Horror game combining exploration, reflection and action. It is inspired by the greatest horrific games from the 90's such as Silent Hill, the original Resident Evil or Alone in the Dark."

Me too - I'm a horror gaming nut :D Should hit sometime this year based on the dev's tweets!

Hooooooly shed. That's a metric ton of playable titles. If you could only own one device, I'm pretty sure the Vita would be it for me. Hot damn.

Whats in Sony's ecosystem that's allowing so many of these games to appear? I bet a ton of the multi plats will be cross buy as well. Is there some magic "port to Vita" button that I'm unaware of?

The first time I made the 2014 thread, I was expecting around 30-50 games at BEST; I got used to hearing about the Vita having less support than the 3DS and barely any games, etc. Upon completing the thread, I was shocked to hit 150. And now, with this thread containing over 250 upcoming games, it speaks for itself. So here we are, not even knowing what game to play ^0^

And yes - SO many games are cross buy (and cross save with the PS4!). So good :D

Oh man a new Way of the Samurai, damn I want that. There is so many japanese only games I doubt we'll get but I want to play so much.

The Vita has a very decent track record with localizations ;D Btw that is not a new Way of the Samurai per se, but it is similar in style and comes from the same devs :)

That would be fine too, that way I could just ctrl+f the word exclusive.

If not that's fine too I suppose.

You know what, why not :)? I'll work on it for you and other users who have a similar request sometime when I'm free :)

Bashtee

Look at all those games my 64gb card cant hold. Seriously, I need 128gb or more... I would also like to see the attachment rate of the vita.

Fady K

You forgot Sayonara Umihara Kawase Chiari btw
http://gematsu.com/2015/01/first-look-sayonara-umihara-kawase-chirari

Sayo-Umihara-Kawase_Fami-Shot_01-06-15_005.jpg

Oh man! One of the new announcements :D So good! Heard GREAT things about this on the DS!! Apparently this will have a lot of new content :D! Thanks YianGaruga, will add!!

Is Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters really Europe only? Looks interesting, hopefully it comes further west to the USA.

Man, I am looking forward to a lot of those games. Sadly, I am also looking forward to a lot of those JPN titles which, I fear, will never make it to the USA...=(

Worry not sturgboski, Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters is coming to NA regions thanks to Aksys Games :)

Worry not for many JPN titles have the potential to be localized. With guys like Atlus, Xseed, Aksys Games, Idea Factory, NIS America - you never know :)

If it wasn't for Bloodborne I would be selling my PS4 because my year is going to be full of Vita games.

FUCK YEAH VITA!

In regards to Road Not Taken, judging from this post from one of the developers on the EU blog it seems unlikely that we will be seeing a Vita version unless a miracle happens. Which is a real shame because I have dabbled in the PS4 version and really enjoyed it yet held off playing until I had it on my Vita.

As a PS4 owners and lover - worry not, PS4 has plenty of great stuff coming this year :D!

As for Vita, SO MUCH to look forward to <3 <3

That is unfortunate about Road Not Taken. So they are stating that they will likely not release it now?

O_O...... Anyone who says the Vita has no games is just being stupid at this point XD!

Took at least five minutes to look through all the games in that list and man, so many look great :D.

That fighting climax game is the one that strikes me the most....seeing Kritio and Leafa fighting other anime-looking girls in Green Hill Zone, one of the most interesting things I've seen in a while XD. I know it is being made by Sega (being the reason why the stage is in the game) but still, that is quite cool :).

The games I'm looking forward to the most on that list are the following:
-Grim Fandago
-Day of the Tentacle
-Broken Age
-Resident Evil Revelations 2
-Shovel Knight
-Shante: Half Genie Hero
-Mighty No. 9
-VVVVVV
-Sword Art Online: Lost Song
-Oshokia (if that is coming to the states this year)
-Ys (if that is coming to the states this year)

And so many of the indie games in that list (many look really interesting and fun :D!

This is a great year for the Vita and thank you OP for making another killer list of the upcoming games for the Vita :D.

Your 2014 list was awesome, and this one for 2015 is even better :D.

Yessss so many great games to look forward to :D I hope you enjoy this thread even more pal :)

Actually the fighting game from SEGA looks so good - I really hope they give it to us at least in digital form! Love the Sonic level in it too (I'm a bit of a Sonic fan myself, with Sonic Generations being one of my favorite games ever).

I admire your taste :D Like you, I'm looking forward to the adventure games SO VERY MUCH :D Grim <3 Day of the Tentacle <3 Broken Age <3 Broken Sword 5 <3 All on the Vita, soooo goood ^_^

Any game that supports cross buy makes the playstation a no brainer. I buy all the new indies on the PS4 / VITA instead of the pc for that exact reason.

Is there an actual reason so many indie games get Vita releases? I mean with such small teams I can't imagine them having budget or time to target the platform. So how is it possible lol

Japan gets all the cool games. I would easily trade all those indie games for just a few of those Japanese titles to be localised in the West.

Look at all those games my 64gb card cant hold. Seriously, I need 128gb or more... I would also like to see the attachment rate of the vita.

I just checked my pc folder where I backup my Vita games and there's 105 folder in there. holy shit, never realize I had that many Vita games.

edit: and this is not counting psp, psmobile and ps1 classic titles.

RK128

Yessss so many great games to look forward to :D I hope you enjoy this thread even more pal :)

Actually the fighting game from SEGA looks so good - I really hope they give it to us at least in digital form! Love the Sonic level in it too (I'm a bit of a Sonic fan myself, with Sonic Generations being one of my favorite games ever).

I admire your taste :D Like you, I'm looking forward to the adventure games SO VERY MUCH :D Grim <3 Day of the Tentacle <3 Broken Age <3 Broken Sword 5 <3 All on the Vita, soooo goood ^_^

Generations, Unleashed and Colors did a great job in 'fixing' the Sonic series :D; great high-speed gameplay mixed with really fun platforming and some of the best visuals from the PS3/360/Wii generation :). While many state Lost World isn't as great as that trio of games, it still looks like a good game, so it is great to see Sonic Team finally get a great grove going with the franchise. Can't wait to see what their cooking up for the PS4 and X1; going to look amazing XD!

The reason I'm looking forward to the Lucas-Arts adventure games for my Vita....is due to never playing them before; heard great things about them and have always wanted to try them out :). It will be great to see how they hold up and finally experience them for myself :).

Keep up the amazing work with this thread man and I look forward to seeing what more games you can add to it :D. You should be an advertiser for Sony for the Vita; you have done more to expose the Vita's great library of games then Sony has ever done man XD!

Hooooooly shed. That's a metric ton of playable titles. If you could only own one device, I'm pretty sure the Vita would be it for me. Hot damn.

Whats in Sony's ecosystem that's allowing so many of these games to appear? I bet a ton of the multi plats will be cross buy as well. Is there some magic "port to Vita" button that I'm unaware of?

A lot of the engines are set up to port across to the Vita fairly easily, especially Unity & Game Maker I think.

Lots of awesome games coming. I disagree with some of your recommendations, and there are some released games in there (Gundam Breaker 2, for instance), but good job, man.

So many amazing games to play on my new Vita! There are a few I was already looking forward to, but quite a few new ones caught my eye as well.

Zodiac's art style is gorgeous! I also didn't know Higurashi was coming to Vita. Is it being localized? If I can get that and Steins;Gate on my Vita, I'll be soooo happy!

Thanks for the list, OP! I'll definitely be coming back to research more of these games.

JNA

Banned
Too bad a lot of games I want aren't localized yet. :(

You know...like God Eater 2? Please...for the love that is Vita, localize God Eater 2. Somebody!? XSeed? NIS? Anyone!? :(

ryseing

Really wish that FW announcement had been an expansion. As it stands, I probably won't buy a single retail game unless Ys hits this year :/.

Luckily indies are bringing it. Totally slipped my mind that Hand of Fate was coming to Vita. And y'all need to do yourselves a favor and check out Liege gameplay. I've backed 20+ games on KS, and I firmly believe Liege will be the best of the lot. Get hype.

Edit: also, great work OP.

Fady K, thank you so much for making this thread and last year's thread. It was definitely influential in my decision to pick up a vita. I've had one for a few months now and it is quickly becoming one of my favorite consoles I have ever owned. I will always have a soft spot for Nintendo handhelds because of Pokemon, I think that the vita is the best handheld to actually play. I especially love the suspend / resume feature, it makes gaming in small bursts so much easier. So far I have only completed Tearaway, but that game was really cute, cool and original. I would love to play more games like that! I'm currently playing through Danganronpa:Trigger Happy Havoc and Final Fantasy X. I enjoy playing them in bed at night with headphones because it just feels amazing.

This year I'm really looking forward to playing through Grim Fandango: Remastered and Steins;Gate. I'm a little cautious of playing point and click adventure games on the vita. I like how you control the pointer with the analog sticks in Danganronpa, but I don't really like the idea of using the touch screen to control the pointer. For that reason, I'll probably stick to playing Broken Age: Part II and Day of the Tentacle: Special Edition on PC, so I can control with a mouse.

The other games I am looking forward to are Alone With You, Exogenesis: Perils of Rebirth, One Way Trip and Y2K. I hope most of them get released this year.

nampad

Thanks for the awesome work OP, found out about many releases I didn't know about. Wanted to buy Skullgirls anyway because of their arcade stick driver but it being on Vita too makes it much better.

There is a little mistake though. You put a wrong picture under "Get off my Lawn!". It isn't a Plants vs. Zombies game.
Also, there is supposedly a Star Ocean 2 (remake or whatever) for Vita: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=942751

Mandelbo

Looks like my wallet's going to be crying again this year... Absolutely adore my Vita and I absolutely adore this thread too. Looking forward to:
-Steins;Gate
-Hatoful Boyfriend
-Corpse Party Blood Drive (because this will get a western release!)
-Axiom Verge
-The Firefly Diary
-Assault Android Cactus

...Among others!

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I was trying to explain Hatoful Boyfriend to someone at a bar last night. It'll be so much easier with it being portable.

Jacqli

Fady K never disappoints.
There are many games that I am looking for, but I hope I will check this thread one day and see Baldur's Gate EE listed. :(

Cha

Dat list..*drools*. Really hope Danganronpa:AE gets localized. Still waiting for Assault Android Cactus and Collectems release dates. Great work Fady K.

Top Bottom