• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (OVER ~350 games with screens inside!) || 2015 Edition ||

Nightbird

What's the consensus on Dangonronpa Another Episode? Did the new third person shooter stuff work?

Good story, bad gameplay.

Although it comes down to this:

You like Shooters? You'll like it. You don't? It will drag on for you (even though the easy mode is for those players)

Cross-posting from the other thread, but it sounds like VA-11 HALL-A is going to get a physical release on Vita.

https://twitter.com/Ouren/status/676838525225017344

PwKVgVG.png

Thanks, Limited Run Games? (✿╹◡╹)

Faustek

Limited Run Games <3

my only worry is that they'll go live when I'm asleep, and half of EU, and as we wake up they are all gone. Like last time :|

Quoting myself from the PS Blog thread. Come on, gang, let's make a miracle.

https://twitter.com/bannersaga/status/677191159119237120

Lots of people are quick to say Banner Saga on Vita has been cancelled, but this is not necessarily the case. They don't want to cancel the Vita version, but they also need to make sure it's worth their investment.

I suggested that they bundle Banner Saga 1 and Banner Saga 2 together as a Vita Collection. They said they are already considering that because it would justify the cost of the port and better recoup the money they have lost. So, if you're supportive and make them confident in the sale, we may get both games.

I highly recommend voting and being vocal in this Twitter thread. Vita games basically come to be out of the pure force of will from the community. If we want this game, we have to support it.

Edit: Gio Corsi is involved now. https://twitter.com/giocorsi/status/677224444847370246

Jon Arbuckle

Neo Member
Hopefully Banner Saga makes its way over. I was pretty sad not to see a release date announced with the PS4 and XBO versions. At least they're creating that dialogue with their fan base to keep us informed, very good move on their part.

Shizuka

Wait, no. If they're gonna go with LRG they should give us a 3 week heads up like last time, after that its fair game. I CAN NOT MISS THIS GAME!

Oh, I didn't mean they shouldn't give the heads-up, but if they do, there's more than enough time to plan accordingly.

Here's a really cool postmortem from BlitWorks (the Vita porting GODS) on porting Bastion to the Vita

http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/Migu...0265/Postmortem_Porting_Bastion_to_PSVita.php

Bastion is a game that was released originally in Xbox 360 and it was developed using XNA, .NET and C# technologies. As a porting company, we are used to receiving tough assignments, but this is probably the toughest one to date. We've learnt a lot of things that may be of interest to C++ and C# developers.

It took so long because they basically had to start over at some point because the performance wasn't acceptable, so they created their own conversion tool. As far as I can tell this is now a solution that can port MonoGame games to Vita much more easily.

Half of it goes over my head, but it's still super interesting. Huge respect to BlitWorks.

I've never played DQ before, but I need this. I have a thing for silver handhelds/consoles. My favorite PSP was the silver one that came with that Daxter game.

I wonder how limited this will be. What do you all think the chances are amazon will carry this for $200 like they do the regular colors that are imported from Japan?

VLiberty

Guys, on Polish PSN Superfrog HD for free on Vita and PS3.
Check your local PSN.
It's been known for a while and it's for ever eu psn store. It's a legit promo by Team17

Speaking of which, I'm quite enjoying the game

EDIT: LOL sorry I've mistaken this thread for the psn one, and since it's the last page I thought this was a new post. Sorry!

Shinriji

Here's a really cool postmortem from BlitWorks (the Vita porting GODS) on porting Bastion to the Vita

http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/Migu...0265/Postmortem_Porting_Bastion_to_PSVita.php

It took so long because they basically had to start over at some point because the performance wasn't acceptable, so they created their own conversion tool. As far as I can tell this is now a solution that can port MonoGame games to Vita much more easily.

Half of it goes over my head, but it's still super interesting. Huge respect to BlitWorks.

Blitworks vita ports are quite great, but unfortunately Bastion is their worst port. Hopefully some patches will fix the game.

The unsharper tool should help their future vita ports, but isn't free access (so other ports shops won't use it) and quite frankly arrived too late. The sony ports (GOW Collection, Borderlands 2, RE Rev 2, etc) could be so much better with a better C# to C++ conversion tool.

Blitworks vita ports are quite great, but unfortunately Bastion is their worst port. Hopefully some patches will fix the game.

The unsharper tool should help their future vita ports, but isn't free access (so other ports shops won't use it) and quite frankly arrived too late. The sony ports (GOW Collection, Borderlands 2, RE Rev 2, etc) could be so much better with a better C# to C++ conversion tool.

Haven't played Bastion so that's sad to hear, but it definitely sounds like they tried their hardest.

Shinriji

Haven't played Bastion so that's sad to hear, but it definitely sounds like they tried their hardest.

It is not terrible, far from it, but reading this article you think that Bastion runs 60 fps with few dips. That's not true. And Blitworks were saying Bastion vita as their jewel in the crown and was using as a test case for their port works, and it wasn't perfect, so I was somewhat dissapointed.

Anyway, Spelunky took some patches to fix most of the framerate issues, so I'm hopefull.

Thanks for the link. Gonna read that later.

I haven't played Bastion on Vita (didn't really like the game) but all their other ports I've played have been amazing. Really looking forward to Crypt of the NecroDancer.

Shizuka

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel is out today for the PlayStation Vita and PlayStation 3. If you have a Vita and wanted an epic JRPG, this is as close as we'll get to a game like Xenoblade Chronicles X.

garath

Is the new digimon coming to NA digital only? I was looking to preorder a copy from best buy using GCU but it doesn't seem to be available :(

Fdkn

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel is out today for the PlayStation Vita and PlayStation 3. If you have a Vita and wanted an epic JRPG, this is as close as we'll get to a game like Xenoblade Chronicles X.

that's a random and pointless comparison tho.

1month for Europe :_

Omerta

Volume was pretty well received... Ive been waiting for the Vita release for what feels like ages.

The game style will suit vita perfectly.

I agree that Bastion isn't the best of the Vita ports, but I still had no major problems with it. I really respect Blitworks for their Vita porting, they always do a really solid job, and this article was an interesting read. I hope we continue to get some bigger-profile indies ported by them.

Re. Volume, pretty much all my hype for it has gone by now. I would've been there day 1 had it released alongside the PS4/PC versions in August. I respect them for taking the time to make it right, but still.

VindicationDay

Neo Member
Volume was pretty well received... Ive been waiting for the Vita release for what feels like ages.

The game style will suit vita perfectly.

Completely agree, Volume definitely looks like the "pick-up-and-play" type of game--and I have zero doubt it will look stunning on the OLED display!

It would be rad if that was one of the PS Plus games for January.

VindicationDay

Neo Member
God Eater Resurrection and GE2: Rage Burst confirmed for EU, NA and SA next summer!

This is ridiculously awesome news--better late then never, if you ask me! I almost picked up Rage Burst when I was in Japan over the summer, but I held off because of the language barrier.

Namco Bandai, keep the Vita games coming!

Another bump for Trails of Cold Steel 1. I downloaded it and started it yesterday. I've only put in a few hours so far and made it past the first dungeon and first day afterwards.

Might sound weird to some, but it's a mix of Trails of the Skies gameplay with Persona social life aspects mixed in.

I didn't play much of Trails of the Skies 1 or 2 and I came into this game blind. I'm really enjoying it. For what it's worth, I don't think Shizuka's comparison of Xenoblade Chronicles X is far off. Both games are different kinds of RPGs, but they are both expansive and full of gameplay modes in addition to just wandering around and fighting. The aesthetics are completely different, but the scope is ambitious for both platforms these games are on.

NDPsycho

I'm trying to track down a UK copy of Phineas and Ferb Day of Doofenshmirtz, but the game seems to have disappeared. Does anyone know where I can get a copy? There is apparently one copy on amazon.uk, but the seller doesn't ship to the US. Anyone in Vita land able to point me towards one or anyone in the UK willing to ship one?

I'm trying to track down a UK copy of Phineas and Ferb Day of Doofenshmirtz, but the game seems to have disappeared. Does anyone know where I can get a copy? There is apparently one copy on amazon.uk, but the seller doesn't ship to the US. Anyone in Vita land able to point me towards one or anyone in the UK willing to ship one?

Yeah, it seems to have had a ridiculously low print run in the UK. I have no idea if they ship abroad, but Game.co.uk seem to have it in stock at least:

http://www.game.co.uk/en/phineas-fe...89?pageSize=40&searchTerm=phineas&catGroupId=

You are awesome! Thanks so much, they do ship to the US and even accept paypal. I've got a copy ordered and my son is looking forward to getting to play it.

Glad it worked :)

Might nab a copy myself actually, seems like it isn't going to be an easy-to-get game unless they do a reprint.

NDPsycho

Glad it worked :)

Might nab a copy myself actually, seems like it isn't going to be an easy-to-get game unless they do a reprint.

Yeah, I'll have to start being better about UK releases. Looney Tunes seems hard to find now too (though it is also in stock at GAME apparently). I kept putting both off and when I went to get them, I couldn't find them at first. I know I'm in trouble when I look at ebay in the US, and there are only two listed, one from Germany and one from Italy. Not being multi-lingual poses some challenges :)

I'm guessing the game is pretty middle of the road, but my son is a fan of the show and I collect vita games, so it kind of hits all the points it needed to. Not that it couldn't be gotten digital, but I just prefer physical copies of things. Their online system is a little slower than I'm used to with Amazon.uk, but I did get a shipment notification, so now the wait begins.

Is Sony planning any more releases like this for Vita in Europe, or is this expected to be the last?

Yeah, I'll have to start being better about UK releases. Looney Tunes seems hard to find now too (though it is also in stock at GAME apparently). I kept putting both off and when I went to get them, I couldn't find them at first. I know I'm in trouble when I look at ebay in the US, and there are only two listed, one from Germany and one from Italy. Not being multi-lingual poses some challenges :)

I'm guessing the game is pretty middle of the road, but my son is a fan of the show and I collect vita games, so it kind of hits all the points it needed to. Not that it couldn't be gotten digital, but I just prefer physical copies of things. Their online system is a little slower than I'm used to with Amazon.uk, but I did get a shipment notification, so now the wait begins.

Is Sony planning any more releases like this for Vita in Europe, or is this expected to be the last?

Looney Tunes is a weird one. I picked up a copy of Muppets Movie Adventures (it's terrible, by the way) for £10 from GAME, so I thought I'd do the same for Looney Tunes and I've waited a bit, but now it seems to be disappearing from retail. It's not as easy to find as Muppets was anyway.

Phineas is even harder to find (I've only seen it in one shop in the UK - Smyth's Toy Store, whereas Looney Tunes was everywhere - GAME; Grainger; Argos etc.) and it's the run up to Christmas so if there were ever a time for a new shipment...

Regarding other releases like these, I'd say it's actually possible. Though Sony seems done with Vita outside of Gio Corsi's team, there is some local support in Spain. Novarama's CEO's Linkedin, for example, still lists them working on a Vita game (and it's not the two Invizimals that already released, because they're listed as such). In this interview with IGN Spain, the (former) Sony Iberia CEO points out they have an agreement with Disney & Warner to bring their IP's to PS consoles. He points out that Muppets & Looney Tunes already released and a Phineas & Ferb game is in the works, as well as other titles (Monsters University; Mickey & Friends: Haunted Mansion). Now it's possible those last two projects are for PS4, but I'd say chances are higher they're for Vita.

Looney Tunes is a weird one. I picked up a copy of Muppets Movie Adventures (it's terrible, by the way) for £10 from GAME, so I thought I'd do the same for Looney Tunes and I've waited a bit, but now it seems to be disappearing from retail. It's not as easy to find as Muppets was anyway.

Phineas is even harder to find (I've only seen it in one shop in the UK - Smyth's Toy Store, whereas Looney Tunes was everywhere - GAME; Grainger; Argos etc.) and it's the run up to Christmas so if there were ever a time for a new shipment...

I really should play Phineas when I get the chance, I've got it sitting on my shelf but I've not touched it yet, I just nabbed it in case it'd be hard to find in the future (and I'm going for a complete Euro collection).

I really hated Muppets, I try and play pretty much every platformer around and that was one of the worst I've played in recent times... I just got 0 enjoyment out of it at all... Then again the Tadeo Jones platformers are really bad as well, and technically run far worse as well than pretty much any platformer on the system.

I'm really enjoying my recent digital titles I got over the last week or so - Bastion is incredibly fun and addictive and I'm quite liking the story to Whispering Willows, even if its gameplay is fairly simplistic.

Shizuka

Just got Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD for $2.50 for my Vita today. Might as well be the last Vita game purchase of the year, I had some change in my wallet and it seems to be a nice game.

Top Bottom