• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (OVER ~350 games with screens inside!) || 2015 Edition ||

I swear... if they announce a physical copy in the west after I've already gotten the multi-language import and make me buy it again to keep my regions right. smh, stop dangling these mystery carrots with Vita games.

Olengie

This game will probably have some Game Battle series familarity to it, cause from what we know so far, this game will feature a new "Extreme Force" mode and "Force" system where you play with mission style objective while commanding your troop and battle ship fighting army of enemies and unlocking more units.

I enjoyed wrecking the enemy with overclocked cannon fodder suits.

I hope Extreme Force meets my expectations or at least satisfies me.

Takao

Banned
maybe Civ wil be a PS Plus game? Thats what happened when Duke Nukem got delayed last year

Its new date isn't a PS Plus update day, but it's only one week before one. I can't see them having it paid for seven days and then burning those that bought it.

LMN

I enjoyed wrecking the enemy with overclocked cannon fodder suits.

I hope Extreme Force meets my expectations or at least satisfies me.

Most mobile suits in EXVS roster are mostly make up of main protagonist, antagonist, and side character suit. There are fodder suit in this game but mostly are CPU. EXVS game are more skill based in term of combat, however IIRC famitsu or other mag and even the 1st PV did briefly mentioned that you can customized/leveling up your suit/character, but they never go into detail on it. So would want to keep your expectation in check for now.

Here is the playable roster (which is still updating and not yet complete) on the main website so you can see if this is your kind of game or not.
http://exvs-force.ggame.jp/ms/playable.php

Olengie

Most mobile suits in EXVS roster are mostly make up of main protagonist, antagonist, and side character suit. There are fodder suit in this game but mostly are CPU. EXVS game are more skill based in term of combat, however IIRC famitsu or other mag and even the 1st PV did briefly mentioned that you can customized/leveling up your suit/character, but they never go into detail on it. So would want to keep your expectation in check for now.

Here is the playable roster (which is still updating and not yet complete) on the main website so you can see if this is your kind of game or not.
http://exvs-force.ggame.jp/ms/playable.php

I'm aware. I'm just going to be sad there won't be any playable fodder suits.

I'm still going to get it. A Gundam Game for the Vita with Eng Subs? Was already sold when that got announced.

Played Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires' demo. Pretty sweet that they gave away the whole Free Mode.

It has quite a few flaws though.
1) Stratagems are hard to activate on the UI. I don't get why they were made to be used only by a small icon on this touchscreen, it's not responsive and it is annoying to use. Kinda bummed out that the horse is bound to the KO count but that works just fine.
2) The framerate is pretty shit. It feels very ham-fisted and slow compared to Dynasty Warriors NEXT. Dealbreaker for me.
3) Textures feel a bit too muted, couldn't they have been a bit more vibrantly colored? Not that big of a deal though.

Played Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires' demo. Pretty sweet that they gave away the whole Free Mode.

It has quite a few flaws though.
1) Stratagems are hard to activate on the UI. I don't get why they were made to be used only by a small icon on this touchscreen, it's not responsive and it is annoying to use. Kinda bummed out that the horse is bound to the KO count but that works just fine.
2) The framerate is pretty shit. It feels very ham-fisted and slow compared to Dynasty Warriors NEXT. Dealbreaker for me.
3) Textures feel a bit too muted, couldn't they have been a bit more vibrantly colored? Not that big of a deal though.

The thing with Dynasty Warriors NEXT is that it was built ground up for the platform so that it makes it stand out from all the ports. You wouldn't have wanted to play DW8: XLC pre-patch (unless you already played it :p) and this is coming from a die hard DW/Musou fan.

redcrayon

Is anyone able to summarise the Vita announcements from the (currently taking place) PSX keynote later on?

Hitman Go and Last Blade 2 so far, but I need to head out :)

Bastion and Nuclear Throne out imminently too.

Clive

Is anyone able to summarise the Vita announcements from the (currently taking place) PSX keynote later on?

Hitman Go and Last Blade 2 so far, but I need to head out :)

Bastion and Nuclear Throne out imminently too.

New announcements:
Full Throttle Remaster announced for PS4 and Vita
Hitman GO port coming to PS4 and Vita
Last Blade 2 port coming to PS4 and Vita
The BIT.TRIP (collection) port out now on Vita and PS4

Release date announcements:
Day of the Tentacle Remastered coming in March
Bastion available now for $2.99 (actually costs $3.75)
Nuclear Throne out now

That's it I believe.

The thing with Dynasty Warriors NEXT is that it was built ground up for the platform so that it makes it stand out from all the ports. You wouldn't have wanted to play DW8: XLC pre-patch (unless you already played it :p) and this is coming from a die hard DW/Musou fan.

Yeah I researched the Warriors series quite a bit, NEXT feels smoother at times but overall it is a mess. DW8E is still more entertaining- wish Stratagem would make it to the regular instalments, it's a great mechanic but I 1) want an established storyline 2) Am not interested in the other strategical parts of Empires, so Empires itself is out of the question for me. Actually I haven't bought any full Warriors game but I love the demos of DW8E and NEXT (which did get some things right such as smooth performance, varied bases). Watching out for a sale on Samurai Warriors 4 right now (I know 4-ii was on sale a few weeks ago). Xmas, pls

18-Volt

That's it I believe.

There's also a possibility that Vita versions of Rain World and Ray's the Dead got cancelled, but we need a confirmation on that one.

Don't Starve Together didn't get a Vita version too, which is a little weird, as Don't Starve was one of the best selling games on Vita. It never left the monthly digital best selling list.

There's also a possibility that Vita versions of Rain World and Ray's the Dead got cancelled, but we need a confirmation on that one.

Don't Starve Together didn't get a Vita version too, which is a little weird, as Don't Starve was one of the best selling games on Vita. It never left the monthly digital best selling list.

If Rain World got cancelled, I'll be devastated. What a loss.

Also, I believe I saw on Twitter that Don't Starve Together IS coming to Vita.

EDIT: Rain World is still coming to Vita!

https://twitter.com/rainworldgame/status/673296688522526721

PSN does a Holiday/Winter thing like STEAM right? There are a few games I'd like to get for the Vita but if there is a sale coming this month I'll hold off until then.

Fady K

How have you guys been? I'm getting some free time for a few days so I'll be working on SO MANY UPDATES I promise :D

What's everyone playing on their Vita? I managed to finish Escape Plan (a great puzzle game that makes use of the Vita very well!), Echo Night (a PSone horror game from From Software, started in back in 1999 but lost my copy, the wonders of digital gaming :D) and more recently, Silent Hill: Book of Memories. It's nothing like the rest of the series, but a fun spinoff that is akin to Diablo games but nowhere as deep obviously.

Next up for me, Virtue's Last Reward, excited :D!

Ah yes. Steins;Gate 0.
Can't wait, especially Steins;Gate is my GOTY of 2015.
Zero Escape 3 and Steins;Gate 0 in 2016 EU/US? Good to be a Vita owner.

Indeed it is bro :) Plenty of stuff coming up as well. I'm in the mood for posting updates today :D

Welcome back Fady K! I'm sorry for the job. :(
Awesome updates as always ;)

Thanks my good friend :) No worries, I'm applying and hope to find a job within the next month or two. I'm in the mood for posting many updates, I'll do what I can :D

Great work Fady, welcome back! Good to see the front page tidied up too :)

Thanks my bro :) I have much more tidying to do and many more updates to post! I hope to do a lot today :)

Uncanny Valley will be out on Vita in February 2016! These are the first official screenshots from the Vita version. Follow @DigeratiDM on Twitter for more information!

zS81LZv.jpg

yKNKsuP.jpg

HlNOneN.jpg

H7EuEz9.jpg

wQAodqx.jpg

Wow, this looks really really good. Is it an adventure game? I'll be adding this, thanks Mr_D :)

If you like SRPGs, check out God Wars: Beyond Time. Announced for 2016 worldwide at a Kadokawa Games media briefing.

More info here, apparently a mix of Japanese folklore and fairytales, with various weapon/unit types etc, anime art style.
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1137944

Trailer and screens look great.

http://www.inside-games.jp/article/2015/11/10/92875.html

They also confirmed Demon Gaze 2 for Vita (we haven't heard anything for a while) for 2016, but not whether it was releasing worldwide in 2016 though.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1137941&page=1

Thanks for your great work as ALWAYS :) Much to add up!

Day 1!

I'm really glad fady k is back with the updates , you should remove broforce from the list bro!

Thanks incpdo. I have MANY MORE UPDATES too - I promise :D Broforce? How come? Is it canceled for the Vita?

So for the next update fady here are some new games:

Read Only Memories
small-e830b68c93408e696b7c767acbf952f1.jpg

read-only-memories-screenshots-ps-vita-ps4-1120-007-800x445.jpg

99 Vidas
Captura-de-Tela-2015-07-29---s-16.34.00-700x437.png

Recruits
QUByteInteractive_Recruits_03.jpg

Thanks buddy, will be adding them :) Did not hear of 99 Vidas and Recruits :D

This thread has probably sold more Vita games than all of SCEA's efforts over the last year

Wait till you see the heavy stream of updates over the next few days :D I have an insane amount of stuff to post!

Not sure if this is posted or mention in this thread yet, but I havent seen it in a few page, Fady can you please add "Gundam Extreme Vs. Force" to the Upcoming Vita games list.

It the newest gundam game that will be released on Vita after Gundam Breaker 2. It have a combat system based on the famous Gundam 3D arcade fighter franchise "Gundam Extreme Vs Series". This game will also be the first game to be localized in English for the Asian region.

The Jpn version will be released on Dec 23 2015
While the Asian English version will be released on Feb 2016
http://exvs-force.ggame.jp/

Here is a few screenshot of the game
CVDEfeeU4AAPl7C.jpg:large

pic_01.png

pic_03.png

hkPU7BI.jpg

GX8AWs5.jpg

gbzFpCf.jpg

DbkNxpE.jpg

and here is two youtube video, one is the 1st PV with English subtitle (start at 2:00), and the second one is the first preview on Asian English version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m93RTE7H08A&feature=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09y0RUWSMas&feature=youtu.be

Thanks LMN for all the info, I actually need to update the list heavily with at least 20 games if not more! Will work on that today :)

New announcements:
Full Throttle Remaster announced for PS4 and Vita
Hitman GO port coming to PS4 and Vita
Last Blade 2 port coming to PS4 and Vita
The BIT.TRIP (collection) port out now on Vita and PS4

Release date announcements:
Day of the Tentacle Remastered coming in March
Bastion available now for $2.99 (actually costs $3.75)
Nuclear Throne out now

That's it I believe.

Thanks mate, will be working on adding everything up

eastx

What's everyone playing on their Vita? I managed to finish Escape Plan (a great puzzle game that makes use of the Vita very well!), Echo Night (a PSone horror game from From Software, started in back in 1999 but lost my copy, the wonders of digital gaming :D) and more recently, Silent Hill: Book of Memories. It's nothing like the rest of the series, but a fun spinoff that is akin to Diablo games but nowhere as deep obviously.

Welcome back!

Lately I've been playing DARIUSBURST Chronicle Saviours, Earth Defense Force 2 (English version), and Helldivers. DARIUSBURST is the best shoot 'em up in ages, although the Vita version inexplicably lacks multiplayer features. I've also experienced several crashes when my high scores upload in CS Mode, but I'm not sure if the problem is widespread or not. DARIUSBURST official topic.

EDF2: Embargoed, but I can point out the translation is very different from D3's translations of past games. The Ravagers are now called Buggernauts, for example. I think XSEED should've tried to stick closer to the other games, but it's still awesome being able to play EDF2 in English at last.

Fady K

Update for you guys <3

COMING THIS TUESDAY!

Earth Defense Force 2: Invaders from Planet Space
lwj2FLf.jpg

Bombing Busters
ukDCO2Y.jpg

Taco Master
Mg0gOMql.jpg

NEW ATTRACTIONS

Nuclear Throne
DYP38Yg.jpg

The Bit.Trip
y4zSj8Sl.jpg

Bastion
v2rcRk5.jpg

Handball 16
N0nZCCv.jpg

Dariusburst Chronicle Saviours
lIWMiYsl.jpg

Bigfest
FsWOZcjl.jpg

Teslagrad
FdncLQT.jpg

Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires
WO6S5YF.jpg

Sword Art Online: Lost Song
h3fVNkO.jpg

Super Star Wars
MGW7mC9.png

HTR+ Slot Car Simulation
lkZY3Ui.jpg

Superbeat: Xonic
9DUYEJ1.jpg

Phineas and Ferb: Day of Doofenshmirtz
XxK9yWol.jpg

* The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel - Xseed's next big RPG should be hitting soon (December 22nd in NA!), and for those who missed the news you can choose to pick up the limited edition which contains a lovely design (as well as room for the 2nd game when it hits next year), a 100+ page art book and a pin. Story trailer here. Gameplay trailer here.
legendofheroestrailsofcoldsteel.jpg

Cold-Steel-PVs_10-15-15.jpg

Cold-Steel-Dec-22-Ann_12-03-15.jpg

* Criminal Girls 2 - New trailer showing dungeon gameplay (NSFW). Game is out now in Japan, no word on a western release yet.
mR5sb0o.jpg

* Digimon World: Next Order - Trailer here. Enjoy some screens and art below. Game is due in Japan next year.
20150910_221757.png

DWNO_09-10-15.jpg

Digimon-World-Next-Order_09-24-15_Kouta.png

DWNO_10-08-15.jpg

digimonworldnext0rder_1510307_thumb.jpg

DWNO_11-05-15.jpg

Digimon-World-NO-Knitted-Hat-Chara_11-19-15-600x710.png

DWNO_11-26-15_006.jpg

Welcome back!

Lately I've been playing DARIUSBURST Chronicle Saviours, Earth Defense Force 2 (English version), and Helldivers. DARIUSBURST is the best shoot 'em up in ages, although the Vita version inexplicably lacks multiplayer features. I've also experienced several crashes when my high scores upload in CS Mode, but I'm not sure if the problem is widespread or not. DARIUSBURST official topic.

EDF2: Embargoed, but I can point out the translation is very different from D3's translations of past games. The Ravagers are now called Buggernauts, for example. I think XSEED should've tried to stick closer to the other games, but it's still awesome being able to play EDF2 in English at last.

Thanks eastx :D! I *really* want to pick up Dariusburst once it's cheaper as I really love SHMUPS (Gradius V is my favorite, I also really liked the Soldner X games). You found a copy of EDF2 already? How is it? Hopefully a patch is out for dariusburst soon!

You'll likely want to pick up Earth Defense Force 4.1 on the PS4 soon as well ;D

eastx

Bombing Busters
ukDCO2Y.jpg

Thanks eastx :D! I *really* want to pick up Dariusburst once it's cheaper as I really love SHMUPS (Gradius V is my favorite, I also really liked the Soldner X games). You found a copy of EDF2 already? How is it? Hopefully a patch is out for dariusburst soon!

You'll likely want to pick up Earth Defense Force 4.1 on the PS4 soon as well ;D

Wow. I'm all over Bombing Busters. I'm a huge Bomberman collector and was once a top-3 player in Saturn Bomberman. (Screw you, Konami!)

Yeah, I'm a journo and streamer so XSEED hooked me up a bit early with both EDF 2 and 4.1, mwa ha ha. I've had the Japanese version of EDF2 since early this year (wrote a translation FAQ and even bought copies for 4 friends and relatives, heh). I don't think it's better than 2025/4.1, but it's still a really big and fun game. Online co-op is where it's at.

I always wanted to play Gradius 5 (and R-Type Final), but I mostly skipped the PS2 generation so I never had the chance. DARIUSBURST is easily the largest shmup ever, with crazy piles of content, even if the bosses get recycled too much. Definitely a must-buy for genre fans.

Fady K

Here's another update :)

* One Piece: Burning Blood - Published by Bandai Namco, developed by Spike Chunsoft. Gameplay trailer here. The game is coming worldwide next year. Everlasting Flame Trailer.
20150915_021339_thumb.png

OPBB_10-21-15.jpg

OPBB-PV_10-28-15.jpg

One-Piece-BB_11-21-15.jpg

OnePieceBurningBlood25.jpg

* Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs Force - Debut trailer/ Gameplay trailer/ 14 minute trailer.The Asian version will have ENGLISH text (that version is due in February 2016). Game is out on December 23, 2015 in Japan (where limited edition Vitas based on the game will be released as well).
20150915_013408_thumb.png

Gundam-Extreme-VS-Force-Ann-PSV.jpg

Gundam-VS-Force-English-Asia-Ann.jpg

EX-Force-VS_10-05-15.jpg

l_5613655f3c458_thumb.jpg

Gundam-Extreme-VS-Force-PSV-PSTV_10-20-15_001-600x450.jpg

l_5655823b0396e_thumb.jpg

* Toukiden 2 - First trailer. Game takes place in the same world as the first one. Will be more "open world". Due out in Japan in 2016.
JUVzaxu.png

* SaGa: Scarlet Grace - Square's next SaGa game is for the Vita as you may have heard and is coming out in Japan next year. The game will have 5 character battles. By the way, Square trademarked SaGa: Scarlet Grace in Europe and the US. Potential localization for the game :) First trailer.
SaGa-Scarlet-Grace-Title-Announce.jpg

20150915_053706_thumb.png

* 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim - A delicious looking new RPG Mecha game from Vanillaware (Odin Sphere, Muramasa and Dragon's Crown to name a few). Full trailer.
ws002118.jpg

20150915_015055_thumb.png

Wow. I'm all over Bombing Busters. I'm a huge Bomberman collector and was once a top-3 player in Saturn Bomberman. (Screw you, Konami!)

Yeah, I'm a journo and streamer so XSEED hooked me up a bit early with both EDF 2 and 4.1, mwa ha ha. I've had the Japanese version of EDF2 since early this year (wrote a translation FAQ and even bought copies for 4 friends and relatives, heh). I don't think it's better than 2025/4.1, but it's still a really big and fun game. Online co-op is where it's at.

I always wanted to play Gradius 5 (and R-Type Final), but I mostly skipped the PS2 generation so I never had the chance. DARIUSBURST is easily the largest shmup ever, with crazy piles of content, even if the bosses get recycled too much. Definitely a must-buy for genre fans.

It comes out tomorrow - enjoy :) Shame about Konami, how the mighty have fallen :(

Wow, seems like you're quite the EDF fan! Glad you had your fun with them :) R-Type Final and Gradius V can be purchased from the Playstation store by the way :D (For PS3). I heard how much content is in Dariusburst CS, crazy...no wonder the price!

I sometimes forget that there is a lot of upcoming stuff I'm still looking forward to for my favourite handheld:

Attractio
Cosmic Star Heroine
Digimon
Drifter
Energy Hook
Odin Sphere
Paranautical Activity (really excited for this one, was gutted when we didn't get Tower of Guns)
Severe
Tales from the Borderlands
Trails of Cold Steel 1/2
Upside Down Dimensions
VA-11 HALL-A
World of Final Fantasy
Zodiac

Plus whatever makes it out from Japan.

I think a few games need removing though. Broforce is gone. Hand of Fate is cancelled. Guns Up isn't coming. MotoGP 15 ain't coming. Road not Taken seems to have been cancelled. Is Specta: 8 Bit Racing still coming? Orc Attack seems long gone too.

Also, not in the OP: Minecraft Story Mode & Game of Thrones (Telltale) - both were included in that Vita sizzle reel from PGW (I think?)

On another note, I wish Telltale would hurry up with their Vita ports, I'd really like to play Tales from the Borderlands on Vita.

Takao

Banned
Rayark Con was this weekend and SCEJA have officially announced Deemo's physical release:

rTrjnzV.png

All regular print copies are supposed to come with volume 1 of the digital soundtrack.

rUiBmfi.png

The Premium Edition comes with the above, plus some trinkets that were previously only available in Japan:

15simwa.png

Deemo IC Card Sticker

gHceCcK.png

Deemo Pins

IFI2csw.png

Metal Bookmark

grv4CpR.png

Alice Keychain

Taiawan is getting an exclusive PS Vita 2000 bundle (8GB MC included):
3rnLSEn.jpg

Includes all of the Premium Edition's content plus 3 stickers:
J7xehxV.jpg

All preorders (only in Taiwan) will also receive a Deemo keychain:
vCrW8Fu.jpg

Text is listed as supporting English/Traditional Chinese/Korean/Japanese. Release date for all versions is set for January 14th.

https://asia.playstation.com/hk/en/newsdetail?id=4138
https://asia.playstation.com/tw/cht/newsdetail?id=4137

Play-Asia has the regular release up for preorder. They had the Premium Set too, but are currently sold out.

Jon Arbuckle

Neo Member
Hey guys. So I felt compelled to use my first post to thank Fady for the incredible work. I've found so many wonderful games thanks to this thread. Recently I've been trying to remember the game that Vanillaware showed off at E3, but for the life of me I couldn't find anything about it online. Imagine my frustration, since I supposedly have excellent researching skills. Fast forward to today's update and there it is! I can't wait to hear more about 13 Sentinels and to see some gameplay (Now that I know the name, this should prove much easier for me to find).

Thanks for all the hard work Fady and co. and I hope everyone has a Vita filled December.

FADY IS BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK
Hope your job and everything is sorted out.

Sweet-ass update.

Played a bit (read: a LOT) of Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires demo- I love Stratagems, wish they were in the main game (not Empires), but the whole empire management aspect isn't my thing, so much for that. Apparently runs close to post patch DW8XL, not as smooth as NEXT's demo but I really like it despite the worse performance. Might give this a try after playing a mainline Warriors game (currently decided on a Samurai Warriors 4 sale). Tip: If you find that you can't open the stratagem menu or close it, try SWIPING instead of touching: Swipe the Stratagem icon to the left to open the deck, swipe right to close- It works flawlessly that way, and you get rid of the moments when you're frantically trying to open the menu to activate Unity. Arrow keys (R/L to choose, U to activate) also work once you have the menu open. Call the horse by tapping the KO count.

Besides that, Persona 4 Golden is my life now. You guys were right (even though the JRPG portion isn't that good, not a JRPG person). Goddamn, what's the darkest Persona? If such an upbeat game as P4G has me breaking a cold sweat over if I'll be able to save people, I can't even begin to imagine how it feels in Persona 3 or something (calling Persona by shooting yourself in the head sounds fucking horrendous and insane, therefore I'm sold on it). Rise looks like the best girl, can't wait to meet her.

How much life left does the Vita have outside of Japan? It seems like 2016 will keep the system going but beyond that? I originally bought the system back in 2012 solely for Persona 4 Golden and after that is collected dust until I found this thread a year ago. Since then it's become my JRPG/SRPG/Interactive Novel machine and I love it.

From what I understand Sony does not have any interest in bringing out anymore handhelds (at least outside of Japan) and while I like my 3DS it doesn't come close to looking as good as the Vita. The 3D feature just gives me headaches so for me it's a super sized DS and nothing more.

I love handheld gaming, especially at this time of year when it's cold and gets dark early. I was just wondering how many more winters I'll get to look forward to new games for the Vita?

Damn ain't seen Fady in a minute, thanks for the update fam :D

Yeah I researched the Warriors series quite a bit, NEXT feels smoother at times but overall it is a mess. DW8E is still more entertaining- wish Stratagem would make it to the regular instalments, it's a great mechanic but I 1) want an established storyline 2) Am not interested in the other strategical parts of Empires, so Empires itself is out of the question for me. Actually I haven't bought any full Warriors game but I love the demos of DW8E and NEXT (which did get some things right such as smooth performance, varied bases). Watching out for a sale on Samurai Warriors 4 right now (I know 4-ii was on sale a few weeks ago). Xmas, pls

Yeah I know a lot of fans who only play the mainline stuff as Empires isn't their cup of tea and that's cool, I love'em all though. No doubt we'll probably get a flash sale on Samurai Warriors 4 some time next year, and you'll get it for cheap since Samurai Warriors 4-II and by then Samurai Warriors 4: Empires will be released.

eastx

Yeah I know a lot of fans who only play the mainline stuff as Empires isn't their cup of tea and that's cool, I love'em all though. No doubt we'll probably get a flash sale on Samurai Warriors 4 some time next year, and you'll get it for cheap since Samurai Warriors 4-II and by then Samurai Warriors 4: Empires will be released.

DW8 Empires has such awful menus and UI - they really make it hard to get into. The multiplayer also sucks IMO. Actual gameplay is fun, of course.

Out of Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3, Samurai Warriors 4-II, Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires, and One Piece Pirate Warriors 3, I personally like SW Chronicles 3 the best. It has a good setup and the story is well-told. But I still need to play SW 4-II a lot more.

Moobabe

Edit - I read through your whole post this time - not just the first line!

Another great update Fady. Has anyone picked up Bastion on Vita? I've played it on PC but I might be down to replay it - I've heard it has some slowdown though? Also is it still more expensive in Europe? ALSO does it have any bonus content at all or is it just the base game?

How much life left does the Vita have outside of Japan? It seems like 2016 will keep the system going but beyond that? I originally bought the system back in 2012 solely for Persona 4 Golden and after that is collected dust until I found this thread a year ago. Since then it's become my JRPG/SRPG/Interactive Novel machine and I love it.

From what I understand Sony does not have any interest in bringing out anymore handhelds (at least outside of Japan) and while I like my 3DS it doesn't come close to looking as good as the Vita. The 3D feature just gives me headaches so for me it's a super sized DS and nothing more.

I love handheld gaming, especially at this time of year when it's cold and gets dark early. I was just wondering how many more winters I'll get to look forward to new games for the Vita?

2016 looks to be strong. Indies are still coming and localizations are keeping up too - aside from the announced stuff there's plenty in the pipeline that has released in Japan that has a genuine chance of coming west.

2017 onwards - I think Vita will still be getting games, but I think it'll be multi-plat indies (which will get fewer and fewer - look at how many PS4 indies were announced this year compared to Vita) and multi-plat localizations with the Vita versions being digital releases - something like Nights of Azure for example.

I'd say the Vita's saving grace in the west is - oddly - Steam. If games can release first on Vita and then be ported to Steam a year later to make good money, we may see the console last a while longer.

Fady K

Glorious update (^________^)

Thank you kindly AgentOtaku, nice seeing you here friend :) I'm working on a few more updates, hope you enjoy them!

I think a few games need removing though. Broforce is gone. Hand of Fate is cancelled. Guns Up isn't coming. MotoGP 15 ain't coming. Road not Taken seems to have been cancelled. Is Specta: 8 Bit Racing still coming? Orc Attack seems long gone too.

Also, not in the OP: Minecraft Story Mode & Game of Thrones (Telltale) - both were included in that Vita sizzle reel from PGW (I think?)

On another note, I wish Telltale would hurry up with their Vita ports, I'd really like to play Tales from the Borderlands on Vita.

Kresnik, how have you been?? I just removed Guns Up as the Vita version seems to be officially canceled; do you happen to know which of the other games you listed is officially canceled?

Worry not, I have a lot of additions in the pipeline, from Minecraft SM & Game of Thrones to Hitman Go & the Last Blade 2 and muuuuuuuuuuuch more <3

Yeah, as a HUGE Telltale fan I sure wish they don't take forever with their stuff. Did they ever officially confirm GoT & Minecraft SM for the Vita btw? I hope they did ^^

Rayark Con was this weekend and SCEJA have officially announced Deemo's physical release:

Thanks for this Takao, this game seems to deserve a localized version ^^

Hey guys. So I felt compelled to use my first post to thank Fady for the incredible work. I've found so many wonderful games thanks to this thread. Recently I've been trying to remember the game that Vanillaware showed off at E3, but for the life of me I couldn't find anything about it online. Imagine my frustration, since I supposedly have excellent researching skills. Fast forward to today's update and there it is! I can't wait to hear more about 13 Sentinels and to see some gameplay (Now that I know the name, this should prove much easier for me to find).

Thanks for all the hard work Fady and co. and I hope everyone has a Vita filled December.

Jon - thank you VERY much for the kind words! It's an honor really to see this thread being of great use and reference to you. I have a few updates in the pipeline for the coming days and I sure you guys all enjoy them! I'm happy to hear that you found the missing game though! 13 Sentinels looks FANTASTIC from the trailer!! I bet this'll get an English version :D

FADY IS BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK
Hope your job and everything is sorted out.

Sweet-ass update.

Played a bit (read: a LOT) of Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires demo- I love Stratagems, wish they were in the main game (not Empires), but the whole empire management aspect isn't my thing, so much for that. Apparently runs close to post patch DW8XL, not as smooth as NEXT's demo but I really like it despite the worse performance. Might give this a try after playing a mainline Warriors game (currently decided on a Samurai Warriors 4 sale). Tip: If you find that you can't open the stratagem menu or close it, try SWIPING instead of touching: Swipe the Stratagem icon to the left to open the deck, swipe right to close- It works flawlessly that way, and you get rid of the moments when you're frantically trying to open the menu to activate Unity. Arrow keys (R/L to choose, U to activate) also work once you have the menu open. Call the horse by tapping the KO count.

Besides that, Persona 4 Golden is my life now. You guys were right (even though the JRPG portion isn't that good, not a JRPG person). Goddamn, what's the darkest Persona? If such an upbeat game as P4G has me breaking a cold sweat over if I'll be able to save people, I can't even begin to imagine how it feels in Persona 3 or something (calling Persona by shooting yourself in the head sounds fucking horrendous and insane, therefore I'm sold on it). Rise looks like the best girl, can't wait to meet her.

Thanks a lot Funyarinpa :D :D I'm still looking for a job but I managed to get a few interviews done so here's hoping ;D Glad to see you having fun with DW8 and especially Persona 4 the Golden (can't wait to start that someday!!!)

Fady, my man. <3

Super Star Wars really seemed to come out of nowhere! I hope they port the other games in the series too...

<3 Dangerblade <3 Always a pleasure friend ^^ Yes indeed, many games for the Vita come out of nowhere. Take tonight for example - Bombing Busters (the Bomberman style game) and Taco Master are coming out tonight and I don't recall them being announced lol!

Damn ain't seen Fady in a minute, thanks for the update fam :D

You are mooooooost welcome That1BlackGuy :D More updates to come too! Keep in mind guys that we may get 4 different sales throughout December (just like we did last year in the NA PSN store) so keep your eyes peeled ;D

Fady K

bastian is on my vita!!!

excellent post!!!

Yes indeed @Wreck and it's pretty damn cheap too! If you got the PS4 version you get this one for free :D Thanks for the kind words!! I have a few more updates coming along!

Edit - I read through your whole post this time - not just the first line!

Another great update Fady. Has anyone picked up Bastion on Vita? I've played it on PC but I might be down to replay it - I've heard it has some slowdown though? Also is it still more expensive in Europe? ALSO does it have any bonus content at all or is it just the base game?

Moobabe - first I hope we start playing football and winning again :( Second - for Bastion, these impressions will put your worries to rest. Minor framerate drops and audio clippings aside - very minor - the game seems as smooth as butter. The guy on that preview seems to like it enough to call the Vita the best home for Bastion. Not sure how much the game is in Europe but keep in mind that is just a straight up - but beautiful - port with no additions.

Kresnik, how have you been?? I just removed Guns Up as the Vita version seems to be officially canceled; do you happen to know which of the other games you listed is officially canceled?

Hello Fady :p

Sorry if I sounded a little short in that post, I should've added the obvious "great work with the updates as always!". Seriously though, I appreciate it (as do many others!)

(And I'm great thanks, how are you?)

re. cancelled games:

Broforce
Hand of Fate

Road not Taken isn't officially cancelled, but it is "severely delayed". If you look in the text of that article it seems like the middleware they were using was pulled for Vita, so I doubt it'll ever come.

re. the others - MotoGP was never officially announced, just listed on retailers. However 2015 is nearly over and the other versions released in June, so I think it's safe to say that's gone. Orc Attack released in 2013 for PS360 and I haven't heard anything about a Vita version since it was first announced in 2012, so it's just a pretty well-educated guess that that one's gone too. Was Spectra ever officially announced for Vita? All I can find about it online is that it's for XBox and phones.

Shame. Broforce & Orc Attack were things I was interested in. The rest not so much though.

Edit:

Yeah, as a HUGE Telltale fan I sure wish they don't take forever with their stuff. Did they ever officially confirm GoT & Minecraft SM for the Vita btw? I hope they did ^^

Oh, about this, Minecraft & GoT weren't officially confirmed, but they were included in a sizzle reel from E3 this year:

http://thevitalounge.net/2015/06/18...ame-of-thrones-and-more-for-playstation-vita/

Is that official? I mean, Tales from the Borderlands was 'confirmed' on stage at E3 2014 and we still don't have that :p

Fady K

Small update for my Vita buds here :)

* Danganronpa V3 - TGS Trailer here. New trailer here.Game has a completely new setting and new characters. This game will NOT be a direct sequel; the direct sequel to Danganronpa 2 will be the form of an animated feature you'll get to watch next year titled Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope&#8217;s Peak Academy. Like the anime, this game is due in Japan next year.
New-Danganronpa-V3-Ann.jpg

l0uaoKt.jpg

maxresdefault_thumb1.jpg

* Dragon Quest Builders - Now due out in Japan on January 28, 2016. Though the game has a lot of inspiration from Minecraft, make no mistake, it'll have plenty of charm of its own. For those who haven't heard, the game is getting a special edition Vita model in Japan.
TGS Trailer here. 18 minute gameplay trailer.
AB081AB39E1D34E5F2F295AE2B08A5C91C0C03BDBC92D6B7CApimgpsh_fullsize_distr_thumb.jpg

20150915_050416_thumb.png

DQB-18-Mins-IGN.jpg

DQB_09-28-15_003.jpg

dqb13_thumb.jpg

DragonQuestBuilders_2015_072215_004_thumb.jpg

DQB_10-19-15_006.jpg

DBQ-PSV-Gameplay-First.jpg

PSV-Metal-Slime-Edition-Ann-Init_001-600x297.jpg

PSV-Metal-Slime-Edition-Ann-Init_002-600x323.jpg

PSV-Metal-Slime-Edition-Ann-Init_007-600x359.jpg

DQB_11-18-15.jpg

DQ-Builders_11-25-15.jpg

Dragon-Quest-Builders_2015_11-24-15_003.jpg_600.jpg

* World of Final Fantasy - Trailer of the game. English trailer from TGS! Game is looking GORGEOUS.
20150915_012603_thumb.png

20150916_004953_thumb.png

WoFF_09-25-15_001.jpg

WoFF_09-25-15_002.jpg

WoFF_09-25-15_004.jpg

WoFF_09-25-15_007.jpg

World-of-Final-Fantasy_2015_09-25-15_003.jpg_600.jpg

* Ikenei To Yuki No Setsuna - Are you a fan of old school RPGs (like Chrono Trigger)? If you are, pay close attention to this title. If not, pay attention all the same :D This is an old school RPG with a beautiful coat of paint (and sounds beautiful too!!). See the first trailer here. Check out the small release date teaser.
The game is due out in Japan on February 18. Crossing my fingers for a western release down the line!
TWYk9uN.jpg

Ikenie-to-Yuki-no-Setsuna-Preview_09-19-15_009-600x338.jpg

Ikenie-to-Yuki-no-Setsuna-Preview_09-19-15_001-600x338.jpg

Ikenie-to-Yuki-no-Setsuna-Preview_09-19-15_003-600x338.jpg

Ikenie-to-Yuki-no-Setsuna-Preview_09-19-15_007-600x338.jpg

Ikenie-to-Yuki-no-Setsuna-Dated-Feb.jpg

Ikenie-to-Yuki-no-Setsuna_11-19-15_003.jpg

Ikenie-to-Yuki-no-Setsuna_11-19-15_004.jpg

Ikenie-to-Yuki-no-Setsuna_11-19-15_005.jpg

006_thumb4.jpg

* Final Fantasy Adventure - Square Enix is remaking the first Final Fantasy Adventure (originally on the Gameboy in 1991) for the Vita with fully revamped graphics. In Japan, this is actually part of the "Seiken Densetsu" series (the famous SNES RPG Secret of Mana is one of these games) - keep in mind that Square Enix recently trademarked "Adventure of Mana" in Europe. Potential localization!
Trailer here.
YC1UBBz.jpg

20150916_090241_thumb.png

Fady K

Hello Fady :p

Sorry if I sounded a little short in that post, I should've added the obvious "great work with the updates as always!". Seriously though, I appreciate it (as do many others!)

(And I'm great thanks, how are you?)

re. cancelled games:

Broforce
Hand of Fate

Road not Taken isn't officially cancelled, but it is "severely delayed". If you look in the text of that article it seems like the middleware they were using was pulled for Vita, so I doubt it'll ever come.

re. the others - MotoGP was never officially announced, just listed on retailers. However 2015 is nearly over and the other versions released in June, so I think it's safe to say that's gone. Orc Attack released in 2013 for PS360 and I haven't heard anything about a Vita version since it was first announced in 2012, so it's just a pretty well-educated guess that that one's gone too. Was Spectra ever officially announced for Vita? All I can find about it online is that it's for XBox and phones.

Shame. Broforce & Orc Attack were things I was interested in. The rest not so much though.

Edit:

Oh, about this, Minecraft & GoT weren't officially confirmed, but they were included in a sizzle reel from E3 this year:

http://thevitalounge.net/2015/06/18...ame-of-thrones-and-more-for-playstation-vita/

Is that official? I mean, Tales from the Borderlands was 'confirmed' on stage at E3 2014 and we still don't have that :p

Hey buddy, no worries at all, you were just fine - you were actually being helpful - much appreciated! I am good thanks :D Just unemployed at the moment and trying to get myself a new job ^^

Shame about Broforce! Wonder why it got canceled. Will remove it alongside Moto GP, Hand of Fate as well as Road Not Taken. I don't how know I added Spectra in the first place, as I think so far it's only on Xbox One and PC. Will also remove Orc Attack as it's been ages.

As for the Telltale games, they tend to come out of nowhere so I'm hoping the rest will! I don't see why not either. It's not like Tales from the Borderlands is way more demanding than Wolf Among Us for example.

Many thanks again for the help!

Takao

Banned
Summon Night 5 for PSP®/PSVita 12.15.2015!

We're still waiting for the UMDs to complete the physical versions of Summon Night 5, but we've decided to put the game up on PSN and send out the codes to everyone that purchased the physical+digital version so the game can actually be played while we wait the seemingly eternal wait for the last (and arguably most important) piece we need to ship the physical version.

And so, Summon Night 5 will be on PSN next Tuesday, December 15th for anyone to purchase, and PSN codes will go out to those that bought the physical+digital bundle the day before so they are ready to download it once it's loaded in the PlayStation store!

SUMMON NIGHT 5 Game Description

When worlds collide and everything is turned upside-down, a new order SN5-final-cover.pngmust be created to keep chaos at bay. BandaiNamco’s Summon Night 5 is the continuing story of that order-keeping society, the Eucross, and the adventures their Summoners have keeping their world and the disparate races from the Otherworlds in balance. Players can choose to experience the story as rookie Summoners Folth or Arca, and one of four possible partners (their “Cross”), giving the game’s dialogue and feel a unique flavor on up to eight different playthroughs. What players see, and how the characters react depends on what characters are chosen at the beginning of each playthrough. But whatever choices a player makes, they’re in for a charming and sometimes tense Strategy-RPG adventure as they gradually unravel a plot that threatens the balance the Eucross is sworn to protect. The game features beautiful 2D and 3D art with battles presented in user-adjustable isometric perspective, and gorgeous animation that is a hallmark of Bandai Namco productions.

http://www.gaijinworks.com/

Price is $30.99

Top Bottom