• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US PSN Flash Sale 1/20 incoming

Salarians

hmm, how is Rogue Galaxy?

Considering that or Dark Cloud 2.

Just got a message from Sony and they gave me $10! Will def pick up Journey but idk if I should pick up Rogue Galaxy or Dark Cloud 2?

tbh from screenshots they look similar. fml Okami is on sale but not on PS4
Rogue Galaxy is an action RPG with a sci-fi/fantasy setting.

Dark Cloud 2 is a dungeon crawler action RPG with a town building mechanic (you find buildings in dungeons and place them into the town, trying to find the optimal placing).

They're both good but if you're just getting one, I'd go with Dark Cloud 2. I remember burning out on RG after 20 or 30 hours and finding the combat dissatisfying. Keep in mind that it's been years since I played them so maybe someone who's played them more recently can weigh in.

xHiryu

Rogue Galaxy is an action RPG with a sci-fi/fantasy setting.

Dark Cloud 2 is a dungeon crawler action RPG with a town building mechanic (you find buildings in dungeons and place them into the town, trying to find the optimal placing).

They're both good but if you're just getting one, I'd go with Dark Cloud 2. I remember burning out on RG after 20 or 30 hours and finding the combat dissatisfying. Keep in mind that it's been years since I played them so maybe someone who's played them more recently can weigh in.

much appreciated! i ended up getting rogue galaxy cause the combat system seems more up my alley but dark cloud 2 def has more variety. also both games last a while to complete with all their optional content anyways

Zasa

Hmm, exactly $5 in my account. It's either Tomb Raider, The Order 1866 or one of the Metro games. Tough one, time to look at some reviews methinks.

tootie923

Ended up buying Sleeping Dogs even though I rented the 360 version a few years ago. I never got to try the DLC and playing with the Dual Shock 4 should be better.

Experien

Isn't it missing a movie?

Just the Battle of the Five Armies, it sucks but they were approached by Disney to make all their flood of games so they probably didn't have enough time to add one the last movie as DLC as planned.

I assume it was Disney but it could very well have been the fact they needed more resources on Dimensions but I assume Disney wanted The Force Awakens not be lame like LEGO Movie was.

Nightz

Are either of the Jackbox Party Pack games worth getting? My wife and I have friends over once in a while. Would love to have some party games.

Are either of the Jackbox Party Pack games worth getting? My wife and I have friends over once in a while. Would love to have some party games.

They are both absolutely excellent party games.

I'd say get the second one since it comes with Fibbage 2 & Quiplash XL, the more fully featured versions of those games

They're the perfect party games.

Can't go wrong with either. I'd say the original is perhaps a little more versatile; Drawful is a great party game, and You Don't Know Jack is fun for when you and your wife just want to play.

Then again, Quiplash XL is arguably the best party game in either pack.

I backed out of Rouge Galaxy.. great price but Im just not gonna play it right now.

Sleepy Dogs and Android Assault Cactus for me.

Menitta

I'm blown away at how terrible Korra is. It's kinda worth the $5 because fighting regular enemies is fun, but jeez. Any time there's a robot or final boss on screen, it's atrocious.

Edit: Though now I want to watch Korra lol.

So I haven't bought anything yet so I decided to do a last minute check out.

Here is the list.

Knack
Tomb Raider Definitive Edition (already played on PS3)
Skullgirls 2nd Encore
Rogue Galaxy
Dark Cloud 2
MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies (getting this one for sure)

Out of all these, besides MegaTagmension which I will buy for sure, if I had to choose two of them, which ones should they be?

EDIT: Eh never mind I just bought them all. Probably going to regret it tomorrow.

The driving in Sleeping Dogs is abysmally bad, and gets in the way of an otherwise pretty fun action game. I'm not anywhere near finished with it as I've only logged in about 3 hours or so, but damn does it make me want to quit. The other aspects they've introduced are pretty decent though.

I sort of agree. More specifically, the driving itself is probably serviceable enough but the driving camera is so fucking wonky if you need to do anything beyond straights and gentle curves. God forbid you have to reverse or make any tight turns.

So, I finally got my account sorted. I've had a US account for a while, but no payment methods hooked up to it because I live in UK and can't attach a card.

After going through a faff with PayPal (tried to attach my UK paypal - wouldn't work; made a US paypal account; couldn't transfer money between the two and by this point I was really wound up so just gave up), I finally just bought a US PSN code from Play-Asia so i was able to access this sale.

All this faff, just so I could get Breath of Fire IV at a discounted price. Fantastic game and I'm gonna use it on my third Vita which will have a US account on it. Can't wait!

Shame there weren't more PS1/PSP games in the sale.

So, I finally got my account sorted. I've had a US account for a while, but no payment methods hooked up to it because I live in UK and can't attach a card.

After going through a faff with PayPal (tried to attach my UK paypal - wouldn't work; made a US paypal account; couldn't transfer money between the two and by this point I was really wound up so just gave up), I finally just bought a US PSN code from Play-Asia so i was able to access this sale.

All this faff, just so I could get Breath of Fire IV at a discounted price. Fantastic game and I'm gonna use it on my third Vita which will have a US account on it. Can't wait!

Shame there weren't more PS1/PSP games in the sale.

just buy PSN top up cards? why play-asia when they cost more?

i'm torn between

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition
The Walking Dead: Michonne - A Telltale Miniseries
Sleeping Dogs™ Definitive Edition
Hitman GO: Definitive Edition

gotta choose 2.

orochi91

Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions
Breathe of Fire IV
Legend of Korra (PS4)
Geometry Wars 3 (PS4)

Total:$17.26

Pretty good haul.

Ricker

just buy PSN top up cards? why play-asia when they cost more?

i'm torn between

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition
The Walking Dead: Michonne - A Telltale Miniseries
Sleeping Dogs™ Definitive Edition
Hitman GO: Definitive Edition

gotta choose 2.

Tomb Raider and Sleeping Dogs...you pretty much get 50 hours and more of game right there...Michonne is good but only 3 episodes and the GO games are suppose to be pretty good also but I never tried them...arent they like free or a buck on mobile anyway...?

Tomb Raider and Sleeping Dog...you pretty much get 50 hours and more of game right there...Michonne is good but only 3 episodes and the GO games are suppose to be pretty good also but I never tried them...arent they like free or a buck on mobile anyway...?

bought 8,98$ lol

i got 10$ PSN card for 7$ at pcgamessupply 2 days ago, so it's 9 $ - 30% = 6,3$

ROFLMAO :)

dd492941

I picked up dark cloud with this sale. Liking it so far. Was going to get tomb raider for that price but is it worth it if I already own and beat the original release on ps3?

Ended up buying The Order: 1886, Tomb Raider: DE, and Lords of the Fallen.
I don't like these sales anymore, the backlog will create analysis paralysis and I'll never finish a single damn game.

Top Bottom