• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US PSN Flash Sale 1/20 incoming

Qwyjibo

At this price, I guess it's finally time to try out The Order 1886.

I also grabbed Dark Cloud 2 and Rogue Galaxy to add to the list of "PS1/PS2 RPGs that I will probably never play but bought anyways because I'm an idiot".

Just snagged Nidhogg and Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime to play with my younger son tonight with home-made pizza. Had a blast. Both are VERY good couch co-op games and I highly recommend them!

ultraJosh

There's a ton of stuff I want to try, but not sure where to start.

I'm considering Journey, Assault Android Cactus, and Tomb Raider.

OMG get Journey if you've not played it yet. One of my top 5 games from last gen and really just a beautiful experience.

I also recommend TR. It's a really great price for what you get.

HotHamBoy

I hope those of you "giving in" and buying Knack or The Order are doing so because you already own the awesome indies in this sale...

(Btw, this stinks of a last minute cash crab before they release on Plus)

Susurrus

Well, bought Tetris Ultimate for Vita. Even though I bought it via my PSTV, it isn't compatible with my PSTV. WTF is this BS, I thought it wouldn't only show up on the PSTV's PS Store if it was compatible. I mean, only $3 so not the end of the world, and I do have a Vita to play it on and probably will, but the fact that non-compatible games will show up pisses me off.

Also the fact that it is fucking Tetris, why isn't it compatible?

Lords of the Fallen is awful, incredibly janky, terrible hitboxes, bugs and glitches, it just feels terrible to play. Don't bother.
Metro Redux is worth it, both are great, atmospheric single player FPS games.
Rogue Galaxy is a fun classic JRPG, I would recommend it.
If you've never played Limbo before, then definitely buy it. Great indie title.

Thanks for the recommendations! I ended up with The Order, Metro Reduxes, Persona 3 Portable, Sleeping Dogs, and Limbo. I already had Lords of the Fallen from PS Plus lol.

At this price, I guess it's finally time to try out The Order 1886.

I also grabbed Dark Cloud 2 and Rogue Galaxy to add to the list of "PS1/PS2 RPGs that I will probably never play but bought anyways because I'm an idiot".

Lmao that's exactly why I didn't buy them. Saving all my JRPG time for SMT and Pokémon. :D

They were tempting though.

bnx

As someone who did not enjoy Gat out of Hell, might I enjoy Saints Row 4? I didn't like that there wasn't much of a story path and I didn't think the side stuff was any fun. I also didn't enjoy flying around much. I enjoyed Saints Row 2 a lot and thought 3 was okay.

I dropped Gat out of Hell in under 2 hours. Didn't like it. Saints Row 4 however, I earned all the trophies and enjoyed playing it. The game crashed for me more than any other PS4 game I own though.

Deefuzz

Anyone play that WRC 5 on the Vita? I had been interested in one of those Rally games but I see no one talking about it in here at all. Wondering if it is worth it.

Travis_Brickley

Neo Member

Ditto. And I spent $20 on a PS2 Rogue Galaxy disc a year ago and never touched it.

You can't beat the price though!

Grabbed Trivia Pursuit (had company over when I made these purchases), Psychonauts (which I have but never completed on PS2), and Catlateral Damage (lol... that trailer).

$11 and change I don't regret spending. Motocycle Club is in my cart currently.

Ventara

Saw Megatagmension at $3.59 and thought "what a great deal" but then read some comments and went "maybe I shouldn't."

Please advise, Gaf.

stn

Got the following...

Rogue Galaxy - always wanted to play it. Not huge on JRPG's but it has real-time combat.
Street Fighter X Tekken - have it on 360 and PC, why not triple-dip at that price.

HCgamer

Traded in tomb raider definitive edition disc to gamestop purchased the digital version also purchased persona 3 portable for my vita.

Just_one

Finally brought Lego Hobbit for PS4

favourite lego game ever !!! Loved the PS3 version! :)

Not buying Tomb Raider DE because of PS+ LOL :p

I got a Slim for Christmas and got the $10 credit about a week ago.
That's so weird. A friend gifted me a new slim for christmas (and got one for himself). He got the $10 credit, but I didn't. So is it tied to the actual purchase, or is it tied to a PSN account being registered as primary account on a PS4 system?

edit: Also, did you get an email, or a notification on the PS4 itself? I usually browse the PS store on my laptop, not on the PS4.

So there's three "motorcycle" games on sale on PS4 for under $5.

DUCATI - 90th Anniversary - https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...sary/cid=UP1981-CUSA05312_00-DUCATIFULLGAME00

Motorcycle Club - https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...club/cid=UP4008-CUSA01151_00-MOTORCYCLECLUB00

Trials Fusion™ - https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/trials-fusion/cid=UP0001-CUSA00304_00-TRIALSFUSION0001

Alternatively, I could get DRIVECLUB™ - BIKES Expansion for $14.99.

Anyone have suggestions on any of these?

B-Dex

So I've gotten further in Risen 3. If you can get a grasp on the janky animation stun lock combat it's actually really enjoyable.

Vaeghar

Neo Member
That's so weird. A friend gifted me a new slim for christmas (and got one for himself). He got the $10 credit, but I didn't. So is it tied to the actual purchase, or is it tied to a PSN account being registered as primary account on a PS4 system?

edit: Also, did you get an email, or a notification on the PS4 itself? I usually browse the PS store on my laptop, not on the PS4.

I'm not the person you are replying to, but I got my $10 credit approximately a month and a half after I purchased my PS4 Slim, which I traded-in my OG PS4 for.

AFAIK the notification only showed up on my PS4 notifications and I did not get an email.

So I've gotten further in Risen 3. If you can get a grasp on the janky animation stun lock combat it's actually really enjoyable.

I have the first 2 Risen games on Xbox 360. Really enjoyed the 2nd one in a weird way. Haven't heard much about the 3rd one. Thanks for the impressions.

Post any more you have!

I'm not the person you are replying to, but I got my $10 credit approximately a month and a half after I purchased my PS4 Slim, which I traded-in my OG PS4 for.

AFAIK the notification only showed up on my PS4 notifications and I did not get an email.
:) thanks, I appreciate the info. I'll wait then, and check my notifications. w00t! :D

SickBoy

DUCATI - 90th Anniversary - https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...sary/cid=UP1981-CUSA05312_00-DUCATIFULLGAME00

Motorcycle Club - https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...club/cid=UP4008-CUSA01151_00-MOTORCYCLECLUB00

Trials Fusion™ - https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/trials-fusion/cid=UP0001-CUSA00304_00-TRIALSFUSION0001

No positive suggestions, but I did read some reviews of Motorcycle Club and they were universally negative.

xHiryu

Just got a message from Sony and they gave me $10! Will def pick up Journey but idk if I should pick up Rogue Galaxy or Dark Cloud 2?

tbh from screenshots they look similar. fml Okami is on sale but not on PS4

stn

Re: Rogue Galaxy

I'm not a huge JRPG guy. This game is still awesome, right up my alley. Probably due to the real-time combat. It was a spur-of-the-moment purchase, its usually the type of game that I might avoid (i.e. anime-ish). No regrets! Buy it!

Juraash

I'm super tempted by Rogue Galaxy. Never played it before, but I looked up some gameplay and it seems neat. I also like the art style from what I saw.

Also debating, probably foolishly, Borderlands 2 for Vita.

Weiss

Banned
I love ReRev on 3DS, but part of what I like about it is that it's claustrophic and you can't shoot and run at the same time. Does the console port muck this up at all?

Tempted on Rayman Origins as it is way better than Legends, while I want Psychonauts but I don't know if the PS4 port improved over the terrible PS2 version.

WoodWERD

Trials is amazing, but not really a racer at heart. Definitely worth $5, but watch some trailers/gameplay vids if you're on the fence.

hollerphonix

Neo Member
Weirdly tempted to get thief.
I remember a ton of complaints about it on release but for $6 or whatever can't be that bad right?
Was the performance patched and improved?
Was it really that bad?
Gaf help please

Velcro Fly

i bought:

injustice
game of thrones
wolf among us
gauntlet
the order 1886

for slightly under $25

feel like i'm adding some chill games and some games i can play and not linger on for 40 or 50 hours. play them and then delete them so save space =)

Top Bottom