• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

/v/GAs 2013 - Voting has begun!

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Most Pretentious Indie Game? The heck.

I swear, this seems like a one person's doing.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
whats /v/

All the other boards on 4chan serve as containment cesspools to make /v/ one of the best boards on the net. It's comprised of one person with a multiple personality disorder. Their love for Sony is eclipsed only by their diamond erection for anything Microsoft. Additionally, it's probably one of the more inclusive and accepting areas to discuss social issues in the context of the gaming industry.

And who can resist their funny memes xD overall a great place for us gamers and absolutely as many people as possible from here should lurk and post over there.

JoeInky

whats /v/

A place to complain about video games and get away from the social criticism bullshit that everywhere else is going on about lately.

Most of the jokes you've probably heard spouted on here that aren't funny any more were probably created on /v/ 7 years ago as well.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
There's a starting lack of Battlefield 4 failure here, only seems to be in the one category and not in blunder of the year.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Note: Votes from people referred from NeoGAF may not actually count.

Then why are you linking?

Let their little insular community vote amongst themselves. See how much like "reddit" they really are, after the previous years.

NotLiquid

I don't think much of the stupid skits they throw in.

But, credit where credit is due, their awards and nominees are far more fun and colorful than other publications out there. Glad to see some underdogs pop up, and even some of the bigger ones getting knocked down a peg or two (Gone Home).

Senator Armstrong for character of the year.

A place to complain about video games and get away from the social criticism bullshit that everywhere else is going on about lately.

Most of the jokes you've probably heard spouted on here that aren't funny any more were probably created on /v/ 7 years ago as well.

Kotick Award for crimes against gaming
1st. Tropes vs Women in Video Games

do tell

BY2K

Membero Americo
Then why are you linking?

Let their little insular community vote amongst themselves. See how much like "reddit" they really are, after the previous years.

People have given me an alt link where it should make it so they don't know it was referred from NeoGAF. I keep the warning in just in case.

-PXG-

I love how GAF and /v/ are mortal enemies. Both communities have their ups and downs. GAF can take itself a little too seriously while /v/ does go over board with the vitriol and trolling. But hey, both sites offer quality entertainment. I thing both can get along, right?

EDIT

http://boards.4chan.org/v/res/225602982

HAHAHAHAHA

I love /v/

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
People have given me an alt link where it should make it so they don't know it was referred from NeoGAF. I keep the warning in just in case.

That doesn't answer my question. Why are you linking if they're going to throw out votes?

Again: Let their little insular community see how much like "reddit/NeoGAF/whatever" they are. Results were nearly the same as Reddits last year when they threw votes out IIRC and they threw a hissyfit over it. Let them do their voting without outside votes and see how similar it is again. Maybe then they'd stop throwing votes out.

Rivver

Banned
All the other boards on 4chan serve as containment cesspools to make /v/ one of the best boards on the net. It's comprised of one person with a multiple personality disorder. Their love for Sony is eclipsed only by their diamond erection for anything Microsoft. Additionally, it's probably one of the more inclusive and accepting areas to discuss social issues in the context of the gaming industry.

And who can resist their funny memes xD overall a great place for us gamers and absolutely as many people as possible from here should lurk and post over there.

ImRFhmz.gif

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
Fanfiction Award (worst writing):

- The Last of Us

- Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
- Call of Duty: Ghost
- Dead Space 3
- Tomb Raider
- DmC: Devil May Cry
- Beyond: Two Souls
- Gone Home
- Deadpool
- Bioshock Infinite

Reading Rainbow Award (best writing):

- The Last of Us

- The Wolf Among Us
- Metro: Last Light
- Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies
- Grand Theft Auto V
- Monster Girl Quest: Chapter 3
- The Stanley Parable
- Papers, please
- Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
- Bioshock Infinite

yeah, makes sense..

K.Sabot

The show is rubbish, probably purposefully, but the awards and nominees are always nice.

Surprisingly the deep dark depths of the internet are quite partial to a game about the deep dark depths of Russia's transportation system. Hopefully Metro won't be snubbed again!

Highlaw

Banned

Chuckled, spit coffee across the office, got promoted.

whats /v/

I like /v/ for what it is. There are some golden nuggets of real discussion here and there (late Halo/TES threads for example) but for the most part you just need to filter most of the information there, a lot of good points can be taken once you know all the layers of sarcasm/ruses, if you are not accostumed to the ways of /v/ it just seems like a primordial place with no rhyme or reason but fun can be had if you are in the mood.

Heavily moderated places like Gaf give way to serious discussion (at least 10 pages in once the 1st post jokes dissipate) and are a great source of news, but on the other hand some people restrain themselves in fear of getting banned, which can be good or bad. Variety is the spice of life.

Frolow

Banned
So they are serious about it...

No? Try reading what I wrote again thoroughly. Nobody on /v/ legitimately thinks a game like Seran Kagura Burst represents Women well. They only nominated it to spite obnoxious feminists/SJWs, groups a lot of active /v/ posters dislike.

K.Sabot

I find the nominees for the game related awards to be quite great. If I weren't being linked from GAF, I'd vote bioshock for worst everything.

V-Lance

Banned
because the gap from worst to best writing in video games has to be very very narrow if the same game is nominated in both categories. like non-existing.

It is user-nominated, so if half of the voters think it sucks, and half of them think it's good, you end up with this.

Most non-funny awards:

- /v/GAs

The category names and nominees alone are more entertaining than any award show this year.

culafia

I like /v/ because of how raw and genuine it is. They're a great community, though I like NeoGAF too.

Also, if it hasn't already been said, this place and /v/ are literally the exact same places userbase-wise presented under different circumstances. The only real difference is that /v/ doesn't use self-serious terms like "video game enthusiasts" to describe themselves.

Ennoia

Banned
whats /v/

/v/ is a roguelike game which pretend to be a imageboard, and it can be played in your browser. With permanent death, randomly generate encounters, malicious events, a lot of freedom in progress, combat system is controlled by keyboard. There's no end game and no reward. Gameplay quality depends on timing and luck, sometimes it's a /b/ 2.0, sometimes it happens to be a good dungeon raid with random loot.

I love how GAF and /v/ are mortal enemies. Both communities have their ups and downs. GAF can take itself a little too seriously while /v/ does go over board with the vitriol and trolling. But hey, both sites offer quality entertainment. I thing both can get along, right?

EDIT

http://boards.4chan.org/v/res/225602982

HAHAHAHAHA

I love /v/
Linking to 4chan threads is pretty pointless as chances are they'll be gone pretty fast, either screenshot whatever you find funny or don't bother

That said there's like 90% overlap between GAF and /v/ and probably 95% between Reddit and /v/ - pretending like they're made up of different people is a convenient fiction.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Also, if it hasn't already been said, this place and /v/ are literally the exact same places userbase-wise presented under different circumstances. The only real difference is that /v/ doesn't use self-serious terms like "video game enthusiasts" to describe themselves.
Puhlease, I'm an interactive entertainment aficionado.

No? Try reading what I wrote again thoroughly. Nobody on /v/ legitimately thinks a game like Seran Kagura Burst represents Women well. They only nominated it to spite obnoxious feminists/SJWs, groups a lot of active /v/ posters dislike.

That's why I was saying they are serious, as 'stick it to feminist/socialwarriors' is a pretty pity reason for have that nominees.

And, in a lesser extent, let's be honest, "Nobody in /v/ legitimately thinks that..." Is a bolder statement

Top Bottom