• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve's Director of Business has left [GAF Rumor: TF2 Art Lead, SFM Head Gone, More]

DaBuddaDa

Gabe has said that the community is the best at creating content. Greenlight was a failure but he still wants to allow groups set up their own storefronts (like a NeoGAF store). Visual content is created by users for stuff like TF2 and Dota 2 now. I think a lot of people at Valve were left redundant because of this.

Valve fired those people for a reason you know. It wasn't because they're running out of money to pay them.

I can see firing a few people maybe, laying off dozens of employees, firing your senior hardware engineer, having your director of business leave the company, your SFM lead and TF2 art lead gone too, all around the same time, doesn't seem very normal to me.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
TOM LEONARD IS GONE WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

he made AI in Thief, Left 4 Dead and Half-Life 2.

Holy shit, people are overreacting in here. Valve just laid off 25 people (maybe they were bad workers) and one guy left the company. Come on people.

def sim

My friends uncle works at valve and he told him valve just filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy yesterday.
I'm literally in tears. Valve was my favorite team of hat makers. Sad we will never see hl3 either. :( :( :(

RIP in peice valve
1994-2013

i never got to tell steam i love them 5ever :(

Zia

I understand the, "Valve are going third- party," people are ridiculous, but people like Jason Holtman, Jeri Ellsworth and Bay Raitt leaving Valve is huge. How sad.

Is Valve doomed? Simple terms, please, guys.

I hope everyone lands on their feet.

If this somewhat overstated drama means Valve is doomed, then the great gaming crash of the 21st century has arrived in force and we should all prepare our sphincters for a very rough time.

That's what I was saying in the other thread. These questions are all swiftly pushed aside to continue assuming it's the worst case scenarios.

Because the sources on the net say Hardware and Android dev was hit the most and the specific person we know of was a hardware engineer working on transposing kbm input to a couch comfortable input method.

Maybe they were caught in some weird hat fetish swinger party.

Quick. Anyone know what J Allard's been up to?

Lime

2515759090_af0dbf309azrktt.jpg

Psi

I always knew Origin would kill Steam! There must be TF2 hats and Dota 2 beta keys scattered amongst the bodies in the Valve office. Not even Gabe with his gravity and portal guns can clean up the mess.

Relax, people.

Zia

Holy shit, people are overreacting in here. Valve just laid off 25 people (maybe they were bad workers) and one guy left the company. Come on people.

Hey, genius. They've fired some of the most talented, " name" employees in their stable. Read the thread. Something is very wrong.

Derrick01

Banned
I can see firing a few people maybe, laying off dozens of employees, firing your senior hardware engineer, having your director of business leave the company, your SFM lead and TF2 art lead gone too, all around the same time, doesn't seem very normal to me.

Not normal but it's starting to seem like whatever change they want to make is meeting some heavy resistance with other people and they're leaving. That's my guess anyway. As long as steam isn't going to be disrupted I couldn't care less really. Their games never meant anything to me anyway.

Top Bottom