• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Various Marvel vs. Capcom titles/DLC being delisted from XBL/PSN soon

i-Jest

When downloading the DLC for Marvel 3, in the description it said to access the DLC the title update is needed. What's the title update mean? Is that a patch?

I've casually played the most of Marvel themed fighting games in the past (Marvel Superheroes, X-men Children of The Atom, Marvel vs 1-3). They're all fun and have a refreshing difficulty to them. What's everyone else opinion on the predecessor games? I'm just curious is all.

Malajax

Huh, I swear I saw it on psn yesterday for $3.75( plus member price), the dlc characters were $2.49 each and the costumes were $9.99 each. Or am I confusing it with mvC2?

You've somehow merged the two games in your mind haha. MvC2 is $3.75 and the DLC characters for UMvC3 are $2.49, while the costume pack is $9.99.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
When downloading the DLC for Marvel 3, in the description it said to access the DLC the title update is needed. What's the title update mean? Is that a patch?
That is the patch. The game should download it automatically when you start it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Someone remind me, does Xbox Live do the thing where you can add the specific amount you need if you don't have enough, similar to PSN & the eShop? I've got about $3.50 left over & want to add the remainder that I need for UMvC3 + value pack.

ZeroCDR

Ok...I could use a little help with the DLC on 360. I don't want to buy something twice.

I bought:

• the game for $5.09
  • the value pack for $4.99
  • Shuma-Gorath for $1.24
  • Jill for $1.24

Do I need the additional Costume Pack for $1.24? http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Costume-Pack/83631e00-dd0b-4060-bc7b-688e8fcf6270

Or is that included in the value pack? I just want to make sure I get everything. Am I missing anything? DLC confuses me....sorry.

You have everything now, the MvC3 costume pack is included with the Value Pack.

So, I wonder what wins out here: the licensing issue or Sony's requirement that all Vita games be available digitally? I'm thinking the latter, and that's probably why UMvC3 for Vita isn't discounted.

EDIT: NEVERMIND, just read it's not getting pulled. Ignore me.

DryvBy

Sorry, too busy to read through all of this but should I be buying the DLC for this game or is it just the UMvC3 download game that's going to be unavailable later?

DryvBy

The costumes and extra characters DLC will be gone too.

Thanks, guess I'm spending extra cash today. Is there a bundle to get everything at a discount?

edit: Nevermind, found it. $15 total for the DLC. Now to have a fight weekend with Mikor and friends.

HardRojo

So the discounted price for all the costumes on PSN is $9.99? I was expecting $4.99 :( I already got Shuma and Jill so I guess I'm fine, the sad part is I won't have a full roster game when I get my 360, unless I create an account on my PC and buy them right now on the web store, I could do that right?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So the discounted price for all the costumes on PSN is $9.99? I was expecting $4.99 :( I already got Shuma and Jill so I guess I'm fine, the sad part is I won't have a full roster game when I get my 360, unless I create an account on my PC and buy them right now on the web store, I could do that right?
Yup, then when you sign onto Xbox Live on your 360, it'll automatically start downloading.

JeTmAn81

I bought the costumes pack and MVC2 on PSN. I already owned the costume pack for 360 but I don't really play on that version any more so I thought it would be nice to have them on PS as well.

Used my $10 PSN credit from my PS4 purchase and pulled the trigger on the costume pack last night. Having 80s Rad Spencer and Mohawk Storm has restored balance to the universe.

Persona7

Banned
Does Sony hate money or something? I've tried two of my credit cards and my moms card. It will not get past "credit card is invalid". I am entering the information exactly as I always have. I just used the card on GOG minutes ago without any issue.

I had this issue before and it mysteriously fixed itself. I just went ahead and bought everything on Xbox.

Piccoro

well EU PSN has its last update of the year tomorrow, guess I better hope it goes on sale then as it's not atm

I actually have cash in my psn ready to buy Jill and Shuma. I'm afraid to wait until tomorrow! What if that moron Combofiend also mys-typed the expiry date, and the dlc goes away tonight at midnight? I doubt that SCEE does a price drop so close to the pull date...

Is it off the US store yet?

I actually have cash in my psn ready to buy Jill and Shuma. I'm afraid to wait until tomorrow! What if that moron Combofiend also mys-typed the expiry date, and the dlc goes away tonight at midnight? I doubt that SCEE does a price drop so close to the pull date...

Is it off the US store yet?

Really?

strange guy

Neo Member
Does Sony hate money or something? I've tried two of my credit cards and my moms card. It will not get past "credit card is invalid". I am entering the information exactly as I always have. I just used the card on GOG minutes ago without any issue.

I had this issue before and it mysteriously fixed itself. I just went ahead and bought everything on Xbox.

i had this issue too and then after a firmware update the problem just dissapear.

After the last firmware update the problem returns so i need to buy psn codes trough amazon.

Piccoro

Are you adding credits on the console? It's much better to add funds through here on the PC:

https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/

antibolo

Banned
Heads-up to everyone who bought PS3 DLC: remember to go to the Store today and redeem your free cross-buy copies of the equivalent Vita DLC, or else if you will lose the ability to get them forever, should you ever buy a used copy of retail UMVC3 Vita in the future.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Heads-up to everyone who bought PS3 DLC: remember to go to the Store today and redeem your free cross-buy copies of the equivalent Vita DLC, or else if you will lose the ability to get them forever, should you ever buy a used copy of retail UMVC3 Vita in the future.

Do you actually have to do anything? I saw them in the dl list, but I cancelled since I don't have a Vita.

Z_Y

Whoops! Bought the Value Pack and the MvC3 costumes yesterday. Oh well. It was just like $2.

This is what I was about to do. I wish the DLC descriptions were required to be more explicit in what they contain in situations like this where things are bundled in other packs.. Just a note is all that is needed, i.e "If you purchase DLC X, you do not need to purchase this DLC."

Top Bottom