• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Various Marvel vs. Capcom titles/DLC being delisted from XBL/PSN soon

Mesoian

I'd imagine so. The patches involving hte DLC for those old marvel games that can't be obtained anymore are still live.

Edit: Since all these new people bought the game, anyone wanna play?

[QUOTE="D";93911719]I have the official physical case for the digital version of MvC2 when it came out years ago.[/QUOTE]
Nice art I suppose.

BasilZero

I'd imagine so. The patches involving hte DLC for those old marvel games that can't be obtained anymore are still live.

Edit: Since all these new people bought the game, anyone wanna play?

Ah - anyways, any idea what the patch does? Link to a source perhaps?

Havent gotten my copy yet!

Says I will get it tomorrow but might get it today since its already out for delivery. (had an experience where I had another game ordered and got it a day early too).

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
And what do you do with it? LoL

Nice art I suppose.

It came with the download code. Dunno why but I guess its nice for collectors that want that "completeness". Does nothing for me though.

One thing to note is I can't seem to do anything extra to "redeem" my purchased PS3 MVC3 DLC for a possible future Vita, as it already lists as purchased under Vita on the PS Store iPhone app as well.

But I would want to keep my Vita all digital anyway and I'm not paying $40 by the deadline to have a portable version for a system I may never buy. Nice hardware but it has no games that I really want.

So were Origins and MvC2 saved or is all hope gone?

Origins, yes.
MvC2, no

I can confirm that buying the Vita version of the add-ons for UMvC 3 will still include the PS3 version, at least for the Ancient Warrior Pack It was the cheapest one to test out at $2.
FpaOFR7.jpg

For those buying it, make sure to go to the download list to see the PS3 version. It won't show up with the Vita version immediately after checkout.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
There's something both hilarious and depressing about on-disc DLC being delisted. You can have the content, but never be allowed to use it. So, so stupid.
I just want to take the opportunity to point out how hosed everyone would be had Ultimate been released as a DLC expansion like so many forum dwellers wanted.

Mesoian

I just want to take the opportunity to point out how hosed everyone would be had Ultimate been released as a DLC expansion like so many forum dwellers wanted.

If capcom had the foresight to make vanilla able to recieve updates via DLC they way they should have, I doubt they'd be having this problem right now.

I mean, let's not get it twisted, Marvel is fun, but it, it's development, and how it's been handled after release has been nothing short of retarded.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
If capcom had the foresight to make vanilla able to recieve updates via DLC they way they should have, I doubt they'd be having this problem right now.

I mean, let's not get it twisted, Marvel is fun, but it, it's development, and how it's been handled after release has been nothing short of retarded.
This was the initial plan. Vanilla was capable and they very much intended to expand the roster with UMvC3s characters. Then the tsunami hit and they decided to transition it to a physical release in a constrained development period.

Not really. The license would run out regardless of format.
If it's time-based. We don't really know, the license could be timed based on a period after the last release for all we know. Without UMvC3 as we know it now, they would have freed up 1 more Marvel game for the contract.

On PSN? Everything is gone already.

Fucking school finals... was so busy with studying that I forgot to buy... So I will never have Jill and the costumes?

Edit: I still see them on the store, just no 50% since they updated I guess. Are not they suppose to be gone?

Edit edit: They only listed for the PS Vita but it still says cross-buy. I wonder if it will let me download them for the PS3 anyway...

Apoc87

Banned
Would like to know this too.

And for whatever reason it isnt....will the game still be playable?

It's still available, just downloaded the patch about an hour ago.

And for anyone that cares, if you downloaded the Jill/Shuma DLC on vanilla MvC3, just log into store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com and click "download to my ps3" from your download list. They will show up in ultimate.

This worked for me about an hour ago...

Persona7

Banned
Fucking school finals... was so busy with studying that I forgot to buy... So I will never have Jill and the costumes?

Edit: I still see them on the store, just no 50% since they updated I guess. Are not they suppose to be gone?

Edit edit: They only listed for the PS Vita but it still says cross-buy. I wonder if it will let me download them for the PS3 anyway...

Oh right, the Vita content is staying up for the time being. I bought the PS3 content and it did include vita unlocks as well.

UMVC3 and MVC2 on PS3 are gone however. Gamestop still has MVC2 digital codes for sale for 15 dollars. http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/marvel-vs-capcom-2/91561

Oh right, the Vita content is staying up for the time being. I bought the PS3 content and it did include vita unlocks as well.

UMVC3 and MVC2 on PS3 are gone however. Gamestop still has MVC2 digital codes for sale for 15 dollars. http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/marvel-vs-capcom-2/91561

What I am wondering is since the characters are cross-buy (costumes too), if I buy them on Vita, will I be able to download them for PS3? I am scared to try and end up with nothing...

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
What I am wondering is since the characters are cross-buy (costumes too), if I buy them on Vita, will I be able to download them for PS3? I am scared to try and end up with nothing...

I'm fairly certain they do. Read the description. It should say, "comes with Playstation 3 version" or something.

I got MvC2 on both XBLA and PS2, so I'm not worried.

But I don't see myself getting the MvC3 DLC.

It's not fair that a classic series is gonna disappear because of this.

So the DLC is still purchasable, but you have to buy the Vita versions? That's really important if true.

Yes I can confirm 100%, just downloaded. Will pop in the game to make sure Jill is there.

Edit: I can play with Jill and I have my alternate costume. So it is still possible to get all the DLC as long as the Vita version is on the store (for now, maybe they will stop the cross-buy promo?).

Yes I can confirm 100%, just downloaded. Will pop in the game to make sure Jill is there.

Edit: I can play with Jill and I have my alternate costume. So it is still possible to get all the DLC as long as the Vita version is on the store (for now, maybe they will stop the cross-buy promo?).

Holy shit it worked! Thanks for letting everyone know about this.

iClTSOCzANXLA.png

YoungHav

Banned
Are they going to pull the online? I was planning on buying UMvC3 next month.... fuck. I would have gotten it in October w/Gamestops B2G1 free used game sale, but they ran out of used Bioshock Infinites. So I dropped the 2 used games and bought Infinite new.

YoungHav

Banned
They were on sale for a week and the removal was announced a few days ago. Blame yourselves if you missed it.
People aren't on GAF and PSN store everyday. Sony could have at least emailed everyone on PSN that has the games on their trophy list.

i-Jest

Got everything I wanted out of the holiday sale. Was gonna get the avatar pack but I have enough of those I suppose; I also didn't have a PS+ account so yeah....The Jill avatar looked sexy though ;) Gonna bang out this UMvC3 on the weekend. Learn me some characters. Use that X-factor all newb like. Also gotta get around to expanding my HDD. This old 60GB model is still running strong but I need more space on-board. That PS3 download list won't be there forever. I wanna be ready when Sony decides to cut PS3 support which I think is gonna be another two years from now.

EDIT

Spreading the word. For those of you whom missed out or didn't see this post:

HardRojo

Capcom should release a patch that unlocks Shuma a Jill for free, they're already in the disc and it would suck for people to have an incomplete roster due to a stupid DLC practice. That's why I prefer the way they are handling USF4, it seems all content will be unlocked and in the disc, costumes included (except for preorder ones I suppose).

So just to be clear, if I buy the Value Pack, Shuma-Gorath and Jill, I own everything, right? There's no alt costume pack for the two DLC characters to buy separately?

NZNova

I bought UMVC3 on the Xbox store, it says I own Shuma and Jill but they don't show up on the character select screen, I just get the "Unknown" boxes there. Is there something else I need to do? When I start the game it says "new characters: Jill and Shuma Gorath" so it's picking them up... but they're not selectable :(

Piccoro

Is Europe getting this discounted? Still showing as full price for me and apparently availability ends tomorrow...

No one knows if there's gonna be a discount. I'm waiting until 2 P.M. GMT, when the store usually updates, to see if there's a price drop. I just hope the Marvel games aren't removed when it updates... :(

skads_187

"So you're saying i got a chance" too bad for full price, but it will do.

Just wanted to know, for now, i have the regular version, will it import it to both once I buy ultimate?

shaneskim

No one knows if there's gonna be a discount. I'm waiting until 2 P.M. GMT, when the store usually updates, to see if there's a price drop. I just hope the Marvel games aren't removed when it updates... :(

Cheers. Got a disc copy but wouldnt mind a load of cheap dlc!

"So you're saying i got a chance" too bad for full price, but it will do.

Just wanted to know, for now, i have the regular version, will it import it to both once I buy ultimate?

Yes it imports and you can download the Ultimate DLC data on your ps3 right away even if you do not own the game yet.

Top Bottom