• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Verge: Xbox E3 teasers contain hidden Project Scorpio messages (and sick PS4 burns)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who thought Scorpio would be priced over $399 isn't paying attention.

Most people here thought it would be over $399. Microsoft has been saying for a year now that it would be a premium SKU not priced to sell to the masses. This is unexpected at the very least.

Am I crazy or didn't Microsoft say they will no longer be making Xbox One exclusives? They are all available on PC as well... to me that feels like they softly bowed out of the console race and are focused on PC, with a cheap "PC entertainment box" option if you don't want to build one.

shandy706

Yeah I see a PS4 Pro price cut so that they'll still be undercutting the scorpio.

And then there's the fact that the Playstation 4 will actually have exclusives, rather than games you can also play on PC.

Most people don't have gaming PCs...so this doesn't matter. Quit acting like your average gamer has a gaming PC.

This is coming from a PS4/PC/X1 gamer. ;)

LKSmash

Only the voice of the truth echos. They can't use them 3 franchises all the time. They need more games like Quantum Break and Alan wake. They would be the real showcases of Scorpio and the next Xbox.

echoes. those.

Nothing compliments a tired argument like spelling and grammatical errors.

c0de

The scorpio can help be competitive in NA/UK but really that's it. People need to realize price point is what matters and the xbox has a BRAND problem world wide.

What do you really want to tell us given the topic of the thread that hasn't been repeated on this forum a million times?

Gator86

Wait, console sales don't go backwards?

Not quite sure what you're asking, but I'd argue that there's a lot more shifting for marketshare between gens than mid-gen, although we haven't really seen mid-gen upgrades before. If people buy PS4s to play with their friends, a reasonable price for a more powerful Xbox means little.

Oh you're right actually. Forgot about those. Although I'm actually pointing out a problem MS had with those other franchises and bleeding them dry. They need fresh new ideas.
Yeah, it'd be great if they had one of their legacy studios working on a big new MMO, maybe boost up a popular indie for a sequel, and bring back a beloved franchise from last gen.

Most people don't have gaming PCs...so this doesn't matter. Quit acting like it's a huge deal.

This is coming from a PS4/PC/X1 gamer. ;)

can't tell if there's a /s in this post, but are there scenarios where you genuinely pick to play a game on xbox one that's also on PC?

Most people here thought it would be over $399. Microsoft has been saying for a year now that it would be a premium SKU not priced to sell to the masses. This is unexpected at the very least.

Yep. The simple marketing trick that worked. Call it premium and make people predict stupid price points (..$599 lol).

Hit them with the $399.

zewone

In what way is it unexpected?

It's slightly more powerful than a Pro which released last year for $399.

XB1 had a bad launch at $499, why would they repeat that?

If you already have a PC that plays modern games, you're not in the target audience for Scorpio.

But if they had actual exclusives, it's possible they could still get people to pay for an XB1 or Scorpio.

With that misguided 'Play Amywhere' program though, few people need to buy an Xbox console or pay for XBL to play the games that they show - they're all playable on PC.

Just ignore them. Shook about the price so now these people have to go back to bashing the games.

Pretty big jump to say that this means 399 is confirmed. Not sure why people always make these insane leaps.

But if they had actual exclusives, it's possible they could still get people to pay for an XB1 or Scorpio.

With that misguided 'Play Amywhere' program though, few people need to buy an Xbox console or pay for XBL to play the games that they show - they're all playable on PC.

I don't see how you can call it misguided. It's actually very consumer-friendly. Now myself and lots of other people basically have a Scorpio already which is pretty awesome to me. Microsoft still gets a cut of the game sales so I don't see it being much of a loss for them either especially given that the hardware is going to have a relatively low margin if any if it actually launches at 399.

Impulsor

The october release fits right in with the recent shadow of war delay... and since they have the marketing deal with them too....

Pantz

Just adding in that Middle-earth: Shadow of War has Scorpio support and it's launch date got pushed to 10/10/17. So that's right in the pocket there.

echoes. those.

Nothing compliments a tired argument like spelling and grammatical errors.
That's all you can come back with? Haha tired arguement? There is no arguement to be had. MS constantly uses those three franchises over and over, that's a fact.

More games like Sea of Thieves, Alan Wake and Quantum Break are imo, what MS needs to properly showcase their new console.

Strootman

Am I crazy or didn't Microsoft say they will no longer be making Xbox One exclusives? They are all available on PC as well... to me that feels like they softly bowed out of the console race and are focused on PC, with a cheap "PC entertainment box" option if you don't want to build one.
That's what consoles are.

Unless you only care for exclusives.

Yep. The simple marketing trick that worked. Call it premium and make people predict stupid price points (..$599 lol).

Hit them with the $399.

Lol. Sorry for listening to official company language rather than conspiracy theorists. Most people predicted $449 or $499.

Drewfonse

Who am I kidding? I'm buying the shit out of this, regardless of price.

But I'd rather spend $399 than...more than that.

I know this isn't a new gen, but I don't give a shit. It's a new console for me. I love the smell of an incoming console. Smells like victory.

Scorpio reveal date was 6/4

pUqD9iI.gif

Unknown?

Yup, they're already shifting the narrative that $399 was always going to be the price and that we should'nt be surprised. lol
I'm surprised but everyone said if it's more than $399 it's DOA and that's true. Even at $399 it won't fly off of shelves.

borges

Banned

Again the circle starts again... I have a perfectly capable gaming PC. Still gonna buy Scorpio, or any console I prefer.
And following what I said, you are not getting the idea of why Play Anywhere is IMO so great both for Xbox and PC consumers.

Lol. Sorry for listening to official company language rather than conspiracy theorists. Most people predicted $449 or $499.

Yea, and those people are foolish for falling for PR so easily. It's a stronger console but a year later than Pro. Expecting $449 is still reasonable but $499?

Yea, that's pretty foolish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom