• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Wait, what?" Misheard things/gibberish heard in games

Me and my brother always say "I can't hold it!" To each other because it was the only phrase we understood in Vapor Trail (sega genesis)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I'LL SAVE YOUR HOUSE
WITH YOUR LOVE

Geese_Howard.jpg

SoulUnison

Banned
"The winner is... DA ****!" (Duck Hunt)

Vulgar term for femal genetalia. ...Don't know if it's a permitted word here.

[QUOTE="D";148589480]Lol if you have the game, better yet Youtube it. I got my ass beat by him in TItle Defense enough to not EVER forget that taunt. That and Soda Popinski[/QUOTE]

That has to be the best taunt in history lol

loganclaws

Plane Escape Torment
I love this shit!

Yun from sf3 and sf4 says "slap the condom on!" when he wins, which is hilarious because during his ultra he says "hope you like dicks!"

The streets of rage 2 ninjas "hippo Kari pundi" mentioned in the OP have been stuck in my head ever since I played the game when ur came out in the 90s!

Akuma discouraging the use of drugs by saying "meth sucks!" after his super is definitely my favourite!

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
I love this shit!

Yun from sf3 and sf4 says "slap the condom on!" when he wins, which is hilarious because during his ultra he says "hope you like dicks!"

The streets of rage 2 ninjas "hippo Kari pundi" mentioned in the OP have been stuck in my head ever since I played the game when ur came out in the 90s!

Akuma discouraging the use of drugs by saying "meth sucks!" after his super is definitely my favourite!

I can't not hear this now that I know how similar it sounds to "metsatsu" lol

loganclaws

Plane Escape Torment
[QUOTE="D";148591034]I can't not hear this now that I know how similar it sounds to "metsatsu" lol[/QUOTE]

Heh heh I actually know that it's messatsu but I always joke with my buddies about it to the point where we all hear meth sucks now. The alternative is "math sucks" but we all know akuma knows his calculus!

Syrant

Neo Member
Wolverine in MvC would go "Berserker Barrage" but I would hear "RIPPIN DIPPER RA"

The Marth speaking Japanese in Melee got me, too. I was all "wow, he must be speaking some...ancient swordsman tongue. How elegant of Nintendo"

Punisher: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQJAK_KMXtA

...still don't know what they're saying at about 1:08

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
Wolverine in MvC would go "Berserker Barrage" but I would hear "RIPPIN DIPPER RA"

The Marth speaking Japanese in Melee got me, too. I was all "wow, he must be speaking some...ancient swordsman tongue. How elegant of Nintendo"

Punisher: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQJAK_KMXtA

...still don't know what they're saying.

Nick Fury's special is him swinging a belt though.

I'd pay GOOD money for him to be in a legit fighting game with this move.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Xbox in the lead
You don't need your LSD
Xbox in the lead
Don't you even LSD
SEPHIROTH

scarybore

Me and my friends always heard "shagging like a whore" instead of "shining like a pearl" in the theme for Phantasy Star Online. Probably says more about the quality of our ears than anything, but we had to look up the lyrics to make any sense of it at the time.

I knew a kid in school who swore that Ryu yelled "Are you Ken?" when he did his dragon punch. I don't remember how he explained Ken saying the same thing.

In Brawl my friend and I always thought Lucario said "Watch the power grow" during his final smash, but apparently it is "Watch the power of aura".

SoulUnison

Banned
I knew a kid in school who swore that Ryu yelled "Are you Ken?" when he did his dragon punch. I don't remember how he explained Ken saying the same thing.

Ken is a dangerously violent amnesiac dissociative schizophrenic.

Years of punches to the head will do that to you.

Leynos

In Soldiers of Fortune: The Chaos Engine for the Genesis, the announcer sounds like it says "Made in Spain!" when you pick up a certain item. My brothers, and I found it...unusual, but I found it oddly endearing. I then looked it up, and the announcer was saying "Players saved!" :(

Edit: here is the soundclip in question at about 1:27. I guess that it does sound like "Players saved!". Oh, well.

JazzmanZ

In Yoshi story during the ending scene the Yoshis start chanting something.

I always assumed it was THE AIIIRRRR PORRRRRT

In call of duty 4 multiplayer, characters would randomly shout something that sounded like "TANGO SUCKA"...I have no idea what they were saying

"D"

In Yoshi story during the ending scene the Yoshis start chanting something.

I always assumed it was THE AIIIRRRR PORRRRRT

I thought they were saying "WE ATEE ALLLLLLLLL"

Persona 4 - "Heartbeat, Heartbreak"

Tell me why you're dirty, electric phone in the butt
Tell me why you're dirty out to the corners
Still like it, still like it, oh! Baby, I need Jello
Looking so different, bloody streetlight
Happy, happy, taking some pounding
Heartbreak, heartbreak, you tell me koopa

Jobbs

Banned
If no one has said it yet, Ikari Warriors 2 on NES. It's full of garbled speech that we interpreted in our own ways.

"Come on, let's fight!"

"This is fun!"

are two that I recall.

"D"

When I was younger and X-Men Children of the Atom and X-Men vs Street Fighter first fell into arcades, I thought Magneto was saying "Triple Cruise Control" when he did EM Disruptor and when Wolverine did Berserker Rage Barrage as his Super Combo in CoTA I thought he said "SILVER SAMURAIIII"

I also found out many many years later Magneto isn't saying Hyper Grab, its Hyper GRAV

Kriken

Sonic Heroes with Knuckles saying shit. I don't remember what it actually is, but I always heard him saying that

Top Bottom