• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*** Warning: PS3 Update 3.50 may disable 3rd party USB "controllers" ***

LyR

Banned
Noshino said:
Just like OtherOS then.... :lol

yea, remember when the whole U.S Army & the Stanford University complained about Sony removing Linux, also check out the official PS3 US/European forum board, the thread with the most posts is still the otherOS Thread.

so much to that ...

and removing features never sounds good

Mandoric

Banned
Ploid 3.0 said:
Do we even know if they did it on purpose? It seems like they did something with usb but since they can't tell if it will effect unlicensed hardware they are just letting people know that it just might. Since it's not licensed how would sony know how to prevent it from not working.

It sounds like they put a hard block in on the manufacturer/device ID the counterfeit Dualshocks were using, and other devices happened to use the same chips.

LyR said:
all the last 3 updates did was removing features (and adding uninteresting ones, useless for 98% of their userbase)

wow ...

3.50 -> a few unlicensed controllers stop working because Sony changed something in the firmware. They announce that they are not responsible because they don't support unlicensed devices and can't assure they all work probably forever.

= The removed a feature1111111 ?

Could you please tell us the other two features you think they removed in the last three firmware updates?
If one of them is "fixing an exploit in the firmware" I will laugh.

also, yet ANOTHER one who can decide which firmware additions are interesting and which are useless! So many talented people on GAF!

snap0212

SolidusDave said:
also, yet ANOTHER one who can decide which firmware additions are interesting and which are useless! So many talented people on GAF!
People are pissed, because Sony releases a new Firmware including Features that just a few people asked for. No one says that "no one will ever use those features". I bet those features were even requested some time ago (you can probably find them on PS.Share). The thing is that Sony knows what the most requested features are (PS.Share), yet we haven't seen any of those implemented. People get pissed, because they think that Sony wastes ressources on Features that a couple of people want. Sony should just communicate what they're up to. Will the cross-game-chat ever come? Yes/No. All everyone is seeing right now is that Sony has enough ressources to bring a 3D Photo Viewer while they don't even talk about bringing "most requested feature XY".

spwolf

SolidusDave said:
3.50 -> a few unlicensed controllers stop working because Sony changed something in the firmware. They announce that they are not responsible because they don't support unlicensed devices and can't assure they all work probably forever.

= The removed a feature1111111 ?

Could you please tell us the other two features you think they removed in the last three firmware updates?
If one of them is "fixing an exploit in the firmware" I will laugh.

they removed support for jailbreak devices too!!!!

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
so, my ps3 decided to stop reading all discs (bluray and dvds) after I updated the firmware... coincidence? :/

Jin34

gcubed said:
**picardfacepalm.gif**

It's only if you are watching a movie in 3D, every other movie has lossless, something about the PS3 not being able to handle all 1080p to each eye plus lossless.

Now Saturn controllers still work, right?

gcubed

Jin34 said:
It's only if you are watching a movie in 3D, every other movie has lossless, something about the PS3 not being able to handle all 1080p to each eye plus lossless.

Now Saturn controllers still work, right?

i know, i was faceplaming the poster

people have been reporting that the saturn controllers work

Top Bottom