• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs 2 - Hello World Teaser - World Premier on June 8th, 5PM

SentryDown

Is this the new COD ? People decided to hate it even before it was revealed. Give it a rest, WD had qualities and 2nd opus is often the best time to drastically improve a franchise (Uncharted, AC, ...)

thenexus6

Watch_Dogs went from one of my wanted games to ehh this doesn't look very good to picking it up cheaply and thoroughly enjoying it.

While the teaser was lame, I have high hopes for this.

Disgraced

Driving in GTA V is incredible. Even just starting up a 3 star police chase in GTA V in first person is the better than anything in Watchdogs by a long shot, it's exhilerating.

people that don't like Rockstar games just always say their gameplay sucks. I have even heard people actually say online that the driving in Sleeping Dogs was better than GTA V ��
Watch Dogs' driving isn't amazing but it's alright. It's not as good as GTA's but it's miles ahead (pun intended) of Sleeping Dogs'.

In SD you feather the gas and you're already pushing 80 mph. It's a ludicrous and irritating lack of control. I think people often confuse "fast" with "responsive." The one thing SD's driving has on the others is its dash mechanic. More games should have that, it's very useful. Other than that it's kind of trash. For the record, I like that game a lot otherwise.

Some Nobody

Watch Dogs' driving isn't amazing but it's alright. It's not as good as GTA's but it's miles ahead (pun intended) of Sleeping Dogs'.

In SD you feather the gas and you're already pushing 80 mph. It's a ludicrous and irritating lack of control. I think people often confuse "fast" with "responsive." The one thing SD's driving has on the others is its dash mechanic. More games should have that, it's very useful. Other than that it's kind of trash. For the record, I like that game a lot otherwise.

WTF is this insanity? Sleeping Dogs has great controls. Watch_Dogs' biggest gameplay issue is that wacky driving. Feels like you're on ice the whole time you're in a car.

I loved whizzing by in my motorbike in WD, some cars handled well while others didn't feel good. Liked the muscle cars too.

This is a really really stupid teaser. lol.

This could be a great game tho? Right? Is Ubi going to Ubi or not Ubi? That's the question. We'll see. My expectations aren't high.

Using a touchscreen without looking at it makes a lot of sense

I've seen people navigate smartphone UI without looking. If you know the system by heart it's not impossible.

I feel sorry for Ubisoft. No matter how solid the game looks, people will probably shit on it and say it's all fake and bad. Must be a terrible situation for the developers having spent years on a thing and see it getting attacked no matter the effort or quality in the actual product.

WTF is this insanity? Sleeping Dogs has great controls. Watch_Dogs' biggest gameplay issue is that wacky driving. Feels like you're on ice the whole time you're in a car.

Sleeping Dogs in the opposite where all the cars feel stiff as hell and feel like they all have the the same handling.

theJohann

I've seen people navigate smartphone UI without looking. If you know the system by heart it's not impossible.

I have a suspicion that many more people could use their phones without looking at the keyboard/screen back when phones had physical keyboards. Even now, when I'm looking at my fingers and the screen, I make mistakes on my touchscreen keyboard. Every tap is essentially the same, so there's not much tactile mapping to turn the process into the same routine/autopilot typing as with physical keyboards.

I was literally waiting in anticipation for SOMETHING to happen in this trailer before it abruptly ended. Weird trailer. But I am really looking forward to the full reveal, the first W_D was really underrated IMO. I hope they fix the bugs the first one had, though (like evading the police by sailing out to sea)

I feel sorry for Ubisoft. No matter how solid the game looks, people will probably shit on it and say it's all fake and bad. Must be a terrible situation for the developers having spent years on a thing and see it getting attacked no matter the effort or quality in the actual product.
They've built this reputation, especially the "fake" part," for themselves. I'm not shedding any tiers over their plight.

Disgraced

giphy.gif

I agree, the grip is a little too loose but you have adequate control of your speed and the cars have believable heft. Which SD utterly lacks in my expert, objective, absolutely correct opinion. My foremost problem with WD's driving is the collisions; I'm not sure what the deal is but it feels like there's some kind of magnetism, vacuum, or maybe the hitboxes extend beyond cars' visible space aka where they shouldn't. In other games where it'd be a near miss in WD I collide almost every time.

Setsuna

Cars feel like you're on ice? On Ice is almost exactly what GTA is.

I just booted up GTA and drove my Dominator, Massacro (Racecar) and Coquette. The Domintor is Ice personified its the one car I own that will powerslide without any other button presses. On the other hadn the Massacro and Coquette are two of the most grippiest cars in GTA5, and while they dont power slide on the initial turn, any subsquent turn will cause you to powerslide to absurd levels

Watch dogs. you can take any car and A/D down the street your car will never fully power slide without you telling it to

Total top-down reboot of WD hopefully. Fuck Aiden Pierce. Do an AC2 style turn-around. Give me a good narrative and a good character, not some charisma-void asswipe.

CSJ

Total top-down reboot of WD hopefully. Fuck Aiden Pierce. Do an AC2 style turn-around. Give me a good narrative and a good character, not some charisma-void asswipe.

Also hope that if I do a mission without killing anyone, don't immediately have a cut-scene where all the people react as if I actually did.

Top Bottom