• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs 2 - Hello World Teaser - World Premier on June 8th, 5PM

Vuze

Atleast it's not a 12 hour teaser like with FC Primal
Hope the first game will be on a steep discount on Steam when this one hits, still need to play it.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
eh

one of my favorite games of 2014.

they can only build on top of it for me, I'm ready.

Same. One of two games I've platinumed. The only thing that would disappoint me in a sequel is seeing too much get changed due to the whining out there.

Ramenman

what sort of PR screw up is that ? This isn't a 30 seconds teaser, it's the background for their website countdown.... http://watchdogs.ubisoft.com/watchdogs/en-us/reveal/

This is ridiculous, seriously why post it on youtube separately ? there's nothing to see...

Edit : maybe i should just be thankful that this is just Ubisoft and not Square Enix because they would probably have made a 48h stream out of it.

Setsuna

Atleast it's not a 12 hour teaser like with FC Primal

Dont remind me

what sort of PR screw up is that ? This isn't a 30 seconds teaser, it's the background for their website countdown.... http://watchdogs.ubisoft.com/watchdogs/en-us/reveal/

This is ridiculous, seriously why post it on youtube separately ? there's nothing to see...

Edit : maybe i should just be thankful that this is just Ubisoft and not Square Enix because they would probably have made a 48h stream out of it.

how many people check the watch dogs website for updates?

sjay1994

Same. One of two games I've platinumed. The only thing that would disappoint me in a sequel is seeing too much get changed due to the whining out there.

I'd be welcoming of some radical changes that deviate from the standard ubi open world formula. Their open world games lose their uniqueness due to the fact a lot of them come out around the same time, and they all feature similar mechanics despite different teams working on them.

I wouldn't complain if they scrapped some of the minigames (fuck that drinking minigame) or tried to make the hacking more involved,or lessened the importance of weapons.

ha, exactly what i said:

the teaser looks like one of those things that would be on the background of a website, or placed on the front page of a new website to tease the game, but Ubi just opted to make it a 30 sec video. Which is fine by me.

Excited to see what the game looks like. Where it takes place and what the mechanics are, etc.

First game looked quite good, especially the water :p

not really meant to be a video/trailer teaser, just a capture of website background tease. could be more exciting tbh but i guess they're saving all their cards for their conference.

Ramenman

Dont remind me

how many people check the watch dogs website for updates?

But it's still just a 5 seconds loop made into a 30 seconds video with nothing at all on it :p
I understand the need to post something on youtube but this is just puzzling.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
First game felt like a,early 2000 GTA Clone
Rockstar wishes they could make a GTA game with controls as smooth as this, shooting mechanics this well executed and combat encounter design this good.

A GTA game with stealth mechanics as well executed as Watch Dogs and a game that gives you the kind of combat options you have in Watch Dogs would be fucking awesome.

Daffy Duck

Really looking forward to this, loved the first one and hopefully it gets improved in all the areas the first lacked.

iKhayal18

I'm really looking forward to see how Ubisoft will handle this sequel after all the disappointment with the first one. I played it on Wii U and I really liked it. In spite of all its flaws, the ambiance and the world was quite well done. Let's hope this time they take it seriously and they show real gameplay from the beginning.

If Ubisoft can improve on the characters and story I may give this series another chance maybe.

Also that teaser was a waste of 30 secs.

dreamfall

I really enjoyed a lot of the first game. I hope the story is better this go around, and the main protagonist isn't as creepy. I really think they need to change the driving mechanics, because driving felt way too slippery. But I liked exploring their version of Chicago, and equipping so many different weapon upgrades and outfits.

Rockstar wishes they could make a GTA game with controls as smooth as this, shooting mechanics this well executed and combat encounter design this good.

A GTA game with stealth mechanics as well executed as Watch Dogs and a game that gives you the kind of combat options you have in Watch Dogs would be fucking awesome.

I think the combat and stealth in Watch Dogs are miles better than GTA's. It is funny to watch videos of why people think Watch Dogs sucks and it is for stuff like fire hydrant water not having physics. Not that I don't think Ubisoft should improve world detail stuff like that but I think for a new open-world IP your priority should be on getting the core gameplay right (which Rockstar doesn't give a fuck about so I hope Ubisoft comes swinging this time).

sn00zer

I still think WD2 is gunna blow people away. Thy have such a solid base to grow from and they can reall go in so many interesting ways with the concept.

I need to chime in to remind people that these teasers aren't necessarily made to draw crowds into threads on niche gaming sites for our judgement. They're meant to tease and act as billboards of the internet. No one cries when a thread is made about e3 wall art and starts yapping how that's a waste of your time etc. It's just to generate hype for their fans.

Muffdraul

I wouldn't vote to give this teaser any awards, but definitely looking forward to the proper reveal. Whatever flaws WD had it was nowhere near as bad as its reputation around here suggests. Ubi hate has basically become a sacrament at this point.

Kssio_Aug

I had a horrible first impression with the first game, but when I decided give it a new chance I really enjoyed!

Sure they can improve a lot in many things, but as long as they don't give it an Assassin's Creed treatment I think the sequels can turn out pretty amazing. Can't wait to see it!

Zukkoyaki

I love this post so much. Absurdly true!

RowdyReverb

I know I'm in the minority, but I really enjoyed the first one and I can't wait for more.
I'm actually optimistic for the sequel. The first one had some good ideas, but also had a number of flaws. Hopefully this one can improve on the weaker points of its predecessor and be a better game for it

mugwhump

I look forward to finding out how they can create another protagonist as obnoxious as Aiden

edit: he's black? They'll have to try extra hard in the personality department then. Go get em ubi.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I'm actually optimistic for the sequel. The first one had some good ideas, but also had a number of flaws. Hopefully this one can improve on the weaker points of its predecessor and be a better game for it
It definitely wasn't without it's flaws, but I loved it's rendition of Chicago. Hopefully this is another AC1 to AC2 jump in quality.

I know a lot of people really dislike the first game but I thought it was alright and played through the entire thing. I'll probably pick this up.

Gator86

I fucking hated the first game by the end and obviously Aiden was a mistake considering how loathsome a character he turned out to be. I usually love Ubisoft the game, so I'll try to go into this with an open mind. I'm hoping it's good enough for a gamefly rental so I can unlock some towers after work for a couple days.

bebop242

Truth right here.

Top Bottom