• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Playstation's E3 conference in movie theaters

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Guys, it's getting close! I've gotta solidify my travel plans!

I'm one of the fools driving 2 and a half hours for this. (Luckily I have friends to stay with.)
Think you'll be posting your thoughts on how it went once you get back?

If this goes well maybe Sony will do it every year, unless it's just too financially prohibitive.

Yeah, it's Edwards. I live in East Houston so that's all sketchy to me. The Memorial City Mall is all but 2 minutes away though. But even down further, 15 or so from Edwards, is Alamo Drafthouse (which is awesome btw. Free anime nights on Tuesdays. First 4 episodes of a random Sentai Filmworks/Funimation show. And all that speciality stuff too). And even, even, further down, is the Palladium. Which is less theater and more Collesium. Stuffs crazy in that place. Too bad the actual feature watching is not as good as the presentation of the theater.

I'm off track... Where to go afterward. Someone wanted to go to Dave & Busters which I'm not against. There's arcades and bars in Houston too. I don't wanna meet up and then spend 30 minutes discussing where we could go until someone says something that everyone begrudgingly agrees too. That's my only concern.

Mort, or Thuway, or someone... said that EA was the one begging Sony after Titanfall went splat. Relatively speaking. I'm positive we'll see some EA and Ubisoft and Activision at Sony E3. Good for Sony's image, bad for us enthusiasts since conference time isn't unlimited.

There was an equivalent of a Red Bull Women at a Basketball game I went to once, except for WarGaming. They gave me a goodie bag and a World Of Tanks bottleopener. It's pretty much one of my favorite possessions for no good reason. PlayStation® KeyChain please. Or a Lanyard. Hell, maybe even all three !!
I'm easy to please.

I'd love to do something but knowing my buddy, and not to mention my sleeping schedule, once this ends well probably end up going home. We're not big on staying up late unless it's the weekend since work and all.

Kinda off-topic, but not worth creating a thread, and hype threads aren't allowed so...

So apparently Sony London has set-up a Twitter account, finally.

Obviously it could just be London Studio's catching up to the social media awareness, but could it possibly be another announcement from London Studio coming at E3?

Bundy

Banned
Re-post:

Sorry guys! Event canceled:

fE82s5Z.png

^_^

Kinda off-topic, but not worth creating a thread, and hype threads aren't allowed so...

So apparently Sony London has set-up a Twitter account, finally.

Obviously it could just be London Studio's catching up to the social media awareness, but could it possibly be another announcement from London Studio coming at E3?
Hm, can't find the twitter account.
Where?

Ponn

Banned
Any Jaxgaf on the spreadsheet? If so, can the link be sent to me?

Last time I checked it was just me. I'm going with a friend but he has to pick me up beforehand because I can't drive (I had a head injury and have been out of work on leave). I will be wearing either my Iron Man or Green Lantern shirt, can't decide. He's going to wear a Dreamcast shirt.

todd360

Think you'll be posting your thoughts on how it went once you get back?

If this goes well maybe Sony will do it every year, unless it's just too financially prohibitive.

My friends and I are gonna make a podcast episode about our e3 movie theater trip thing. Should be good times all around. You know unless the movie theater stream dies.

Cudder

Any idea what it's like to be on the waitlist, like number-wise?

Should I show up hours in advance? Should I not bother?

I'd just stay home if I were on the waitlist. If it happens that the theatre fills up, you're stuck being at a theater when the conference is about to start, who wants that?

jaypah

Has anyone agreed to take video clips? I want to live E3 vicariously through y'all as you live E3 through a movie screen. People better be hype!

Well I got a ticket but wasn't really considering going, but hey that TLOU for PS4 rumors have made me change my mind, salut la gang! Montreal here I come

You guys are a bit too hopeful if you really think they'll give you a full retail brand new game that's a first party title for free. Jesus guys come on, they're obviously giving away golden vitas.

FluxWaveZ

Is anyone selling their tickets? I would love to go to the one in Boston, it's so close to me too :(

Really? How much would you pay for a ticket?

I don't think that would fly from what I've heard, though, since apparently they cross-reference the names with their list for seating.

Cornbread78

If anyone doesn't want their free copy of TLoU remaster, please feel free to send it my way.... I put it to good use eventually...

meanspartan

If anyone doesn't want their free copy of TLoU remaster, please feel free to send it my way.... I put it to good use eventually...

LOL as much as I hope it is the freebie, I'd hold off on such assumptions. The odds certainly DID go up if that rumor of an E3 week launch is true, but I think it is still a long shot. I expect a T-shirt and beta invites.

rothbart

I so fucking hope we get TLoU for free. That would be amazing.

I wouldn't be surprised in the least. The Keighley-hyperbole made it seem like the "PlayStation Surprise" would be more than a lanyard or keychain and I know they won't be giving away Vitas/PS4s, so "a game" makes the most sense. I'm guessing voucher cards for TLoU PS4.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I'd love to do something but knowing my buddy, and not to mention my sleeping schedule, once this ends well probably end up going home. We're not big on staying up late unless it's the weekend since work and all.
Same. My friends gotta get back to sleep. I'll just PM everyone for an iHop meetup afterwards. There's one 5 minutes away.
I'm expecting a Playstation key chain and a t-shirt....
I know right? Though, the shirt might be stretching it.
Watching the sony conference in a theater for free. Whats there to bitch about? Anything extra is icing on the cake.
Didn't know the transportation was free too.
You guys should really chill with your expectations of the free gift. I can already see the complaining from a mile away.
It's already here...

Same. My friends gotta get back to sleep. I'll just PM everyone for an iHop meetup afterwards. There's one 5 minutes away.

I know right? Though, the shirt might be stretching it.

Didn't know the transportation was free too.

It's already here...
I could go for some ihop. He also mentioned not too long ago he wanted pancakes so maybe I can convince him to ignore sleep one day.

As to whoever suggested the shirt and Keychain I'd be cool with that. Especially if the shirt says "Sony had their first E3 theater conference and all I got was this lousy shirt"

Smidget

Like to see the doc for a SLC member. Please PM.

Debating it. Work downtown 6:30-5:00 but have to take care of my dogs and then run back 30/45 min each way. But if it's a cool gift I'll be super jealous.

Top Bottom