• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Playstation's E3 conference in movie theaters

Kayant

Sorry for off topic -

SonySantaMonica-1024x768.jpg

More at link - http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/06...-unannounced-game-according-to-play-magazine/

SSM is alive and well if people didn't know already :p

Wonder if it will show up at E3 or is it too early?

farisr

SSM is alive and well if people didn't know already :p

Wonder if it will show up at E3 or is it too early?

I thought they were working on two things,

one being most likely the God of War sequel
the other being something totally different which got scrapped altogether recently.

meanspartan

Geoff said on twitter more theaters are going to be added, watch the PlayStation e3 experience website.

Ones already been added in Bellevue, and sucker punch will be there

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/473947520666591232

I wonder if they will add more screens at existing locations, and if so, whether they will email people on the wait list with tickets.

I have a friend who is waitlisted and really wants to go, but also doesn't want to drive half an hour to wait in a line only to not get in.

I wonder if they will add more screens at existing locations, and if so, whether they will email people on the wait list with tickets.

I have a friend who is waitlisted and really wants to go, but also doesn't want to drive half an hour to wait in a line only to not get in.

I'll go out on a limb and say no. NCM Fantom equipped screens are usually only one screen in the theater (since it's for live events that would only fill one screen at a time).

Probably ones in the same city/area, though.

Also bump, bump, bumpbumpbump

Wubbys

its not a movie, its a conference. everyone will have their phones out.

god i hope that is not the case. I dont care if there is hooting and hollering at awesome announcements but I hope the whole theater isn't glowing white from amateur twitter game journos.

border

I imagine they will just add more screens at existing locations, since it is much easier. Those theatres already have a system in place for a satellite video feed, and getting them to cancel a Monday night 9PM show of some shitty movie probably won't require a lot of convincing.

Lucent

I imagine they will just add more screens at existing locations, since it is much easier. Those theatres already have a system in place for a satellite video feed, and getting them to cancel a Monday night 9PM show of some shitty movie probably won't require a lot of convincing.

This would be great. I'm on the wait list, but apparently that's better than nothing. Some places have SOLD OUT in place of the wait list button like it's a "nope. might as well give up" sign.

border

This would be great. I'm on the wait list, but apparently that's better than nothing. Some places have SOLD OUT in place of the wait list button like it's a "nope. might as well give up" sign.

I'm waitlisted as well......and there's still waitlist slots available for my theatre, so I'm hoping that means demand will be kinda soft. At the same time it worries me that they won't try to negotiate for more screens in my city, since they can't demonstrate that many more people will show up if more screens are added.

god i hope that is not the case. I dont care if there is hooting and hollering at awesome announcements but I hope the whole theater isn't glowing white from amateur twitter game journos.

Yeah there's no point filming the screen, that stuff is put online at the same time anyway.

Better to film reactions when they announce TLG.

Lucent

I'm waitlisted as well......and there's still waitlist slots available for my theatre, so I'm hoping that means demand will be kinda soft. At the same time it worries me that they won't try to negotiate for more screens in my city, since they can't demonstrate that many more people will show up if more screens are added.

Yeah that is true. =/

I'm just hoping an and hour or two is early enough to be ahead. I don't want to see any crazy line all of a sudden. But I'm guessing they have sort of an idea on when to draw the line since they have the sold out sign in some places. And who knows, maybe some of the people who were lucky enough to get tickets won't even show up. Won't have trouble going early to wait around since me and my friend will probably have a decent amount to talk about from the other conferences.

Yeah there's no point filming the screen, that stuff is put online at the same time anyway.

Better to film reactions when they announce TLG.

Yeah really don't need the phones/cameras/etc. Nobody is getting something exclusive. Unless they don't show the extra 30 minutes to people online. I doubt they'd hold that.

And lol. You're just making it more painful for when they don't talk about TLG at all.
please show something and on PS4 ;-;

border

Yeah that is true. =/

I'm just hoping an and hour or two is early enough to be ahead. I don't want to see any crazy line all of a sudden. But I'm guessing they have sort of an idea on when to draw the line since they have the sold out sign in some places. And who knows, maybe some of the people who were lucky enough to get tickets won't even show up. Won't have trouble going early to wait around since me and my friend will probably have a decent amount to talk about from the other conferences.

The main thing that frustrates me about being on the Waitlist is that I won't know if I can get in until 15 minutes before the show. So in the event that I get denied entry, I won't really have time to drive home and still catch the beginning of the conference. But then again, Sony always starts late and the first 30 minutes are always sales figures and Vita stuff I don't care about.

Lucent

The main thing that frustrates me about being on the Waitlist is that I won't know if I can get in until 15 minutes before the show. So in the event that I get denied entry, I won't really have time to drive home and still catch the beginning of the conference. But then again, Sony always starts late and the first 30 minutes are always sales figures and Vita stuff I don't care about.

Yeah that worries me, too. I really hope they can somehow open up at least one more screen in the theaters and send actual tickets to those on the wait list. Or something. My friend has a ticket so he'll get in regardless. Just need to get there early enough and hope for the best. They have another 4-5 days to get some theater info up though. -crosses fingers-

border

I think that if the conference has any 3D content, it will be in the 30 minutes of "bonus footage" that goes out to the people attending this screening. It's probably too complex to provide a 2D video feed and a 3D video feed, but if they just switch to 3D when the regular stream is over then there is less to worry about.

Wynnebeck

Banned
I didnt know it looked like that. Do we show them this email confirmation thing or do we just walk right into the theater skipping that?

Hmm, I would stop by the ticket booth just in case and let them know what's up just in case they have actual physical tickets to give us. Also, why haven't you put your name down on the spreadsheet!? You're coming to the meetup right?

I'm hoping it's a free copy of The Last of Us Remastered signed by Naughty Dog.

But I don't see that happening.

I can kinda see digital copies of TLOU being handed out.

"TLOU Remastered will launch Tuesday, 6/10, and to all the people sitting in a theater watching our conference, thank you for the support, here's your copy."

I have a feeling that could definitely happen.

Lemondish

Is everyone who got a confirmation email getting the bf hard line beta code? I haven't received anything.

I'm still not convinced that email was real. It had grammar and spelling errors and seemed to be made entirely from publicly available assets. Whether it was to troll or a lame phishing attempt, I don't know.

I hope this conference is worth all this hullabaloo. It would be a dam shame to go through all this promotion for a E3 that is by the numbers.

Let me all you guys: what do you think are the chances of Sony having some legitimately shocking surprises withheld for this event. With Project Beast exposed I hope Sony has some other major secrets kept confidential.

Top Bottom