• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs sold (to consumers) over 4 millions units during its first week

sjay1994

The general impression is actually good. Vocal minority yada yada...

I guess. I've just seen a lot of spliced together videos of some glitches and nitpicks, and the comments of those videos are typically. "Ha,ha this game is shit".

But as I said, really enjoying playing the game. Problem is the story detracted so much from me.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
And people laughed at them for expecting over 6M... my god wow!!!

I never really got people doubting that one.

This had huge hit written all over it, and honestly the delay put it in a timing window where it had basically no same-tier competition for months on either side.

SJRB

Gold Member
I would like to spend a moment revisiting this thread:

"Has Watchdogs lost all of its momentum for 2014?"

iUVEVPbrw1pfk.gif

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
4 million? In one week? Damn, those are some impressive sales numbers.

GlamFM

Banned
Can´t understand why almost no other publisher has something for this release window.

Look at this shit - people want games.

EDIT:

I love this game BTW.

Hindl

This is good because here what I want
1 year of AC

1 year of Watchdogs
Not the crap we see this year
2 ACs after Watchdogs came out

This would benefit them tremendously. I hope they do this. I'm not particularly interested in either AC or Watch_Dogs, but they should alternate with them every year. Maybe even get a 3rd franchise in there (Far Cry?), and space everything out. That would give them a big AAA franchise every holiday plus avoid fatigue. Doubt Ubi would do this though.

Still, great sales for the game, I'm impressed

I never really got people doubting that one.

This had huge hit written all over it, and honestly the delay put it in a timing window where it had basically no same-tier competition for months on either side.

Ubisoft really is step ahead of other big publishers. It's pretty mindblowing how small amount of games we get during this time of the year.

Can't wait to see how much Watch Dogs 2 and Watch Dogs: Revelations sell when they launch on January and February respectively.

Saganator

I'm like 20-30 hours into the game, well past honey moon period, and still really digging the game. Good for them. First Ubisoft game I've liked in a while.

I knew this game would be huge. The core may not have been too entusiastic but this game was always going to hit it big with the mainstream. Destiny will be even bigger

PS4 version must have sold a ton. Sony really struck gold getting in on the marketing

Bruno MB

4 million already and that without the Wii U version :p

I had little no doubt it was going to be a success, another thing is if it had only been released for old-gen systems.

For example, in the UK the next-gen versions accounted for 76% of its sales.

Endo Punk

All these people buying Watch Dogs makes me want to buy it too. NAWT.

But good on Ubi even though they over promised and under delivered.

Great numbers. Hopefully they get a move on fixing the game breaking bugs and making the drinking game in Pawnee easier, for my sanity.

I've been enjoying it so much, I decided to do something rare and buy the Season's Pass. Here's hoping they deliver on the already great game they have shipped.

Carl

Harsh?, its their first try at a GTA like situation

I don't like GTA. Only bought it because of hype. Haven't played more than a couple of hours. Just don't enjoy anything at all about it.

But like I said, I'm happy it has done well

I might wait for a price drop after hearing the PC version is still a mess. I bought it on PS4 but returned it because I didnt know if I could deal with 900p/30 when I have an elite PC that can do ~60FPS and 1080p

Redmoon

Congrats to them. Game is quite fun, even though I have yet to really get far into the story; been having to much fun driving/exploring/causing chaos to progress. I'm sure it will pass that 6.2m goal they aimed for.

Joeki11a

Banned
This would benefit them tremendously. I hope they do this. I'm not particularly interested in either AC or Watch_Dogs, but they should alternate with them every year. Maybe even get a 3rd franchise in there (Far Cry?), and space everything out. That would give them a big AAA franchise every holiday plus avoid fatigue. Doubt Ubi would do this though.

Still, great sales for the game, I'm impressed

That 3rd franchise has to be The Division
Farcry IMO deserves a huge break, the new one coming so fast after farcry 3 just looks so bad, if anything we needer a full blown Blood Dragon sequel before Farcry 3.

2 annual versions of Watch_dogs starting this year confirmed!

watch_dogs 2 unity for next_gen

watch_dogs 2 for 360, ps3

And so on...

4 million already and that without the Wii U version :p

I had little no doubt it was going to be a success, another thing is if it had only been released for old-gen systems.

For example, in the UK the next-gen versions accounted for 76% of its sales.

Yup, and the PS4 alone was 49% of total sales in the UK. It probably did incredibly well

Top Bottom