• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs sold (to consumers) over 4 millions units during its first week

Joeki11a

Banned
I might wait for a price drop after hearing the PC version is still a mess. I bought it on PS4 but returned it because I didnt know if I could deal with 900p/30 when I have an elite PC that can do ~60FPS and 1080p

So you will be aiming at the grown looking at Teh Graphic, just play it.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I don't think this has much to do with the drought. Watch Dogs was synonymous with next gen from the moment it debuted. The sales really aren't surprising at all for anyone paying attention beyond the NeoGAF bubble we live in.

Seems like Ubi's target of just over 6 million copies lifetime may be an underestimation. I'm enjoying it, just wish that UPlay didn't go down every time I tried to play it on my One :-(

I guess Downgrade-Gate never spread beyond enthusiast game sites.

Or it was an overblown issue. The game looks amazing (PS4). Maybe the PC version didn't live up to its potential but PC represents a fraction of the sales so I don't think Ubisoft is too worried

Ubi is the best 3rd party publisher, no doubt about it. They are the most creative imo. Now hopefully this will make AC and WD better by alternating each year and not coming out every freakin year.

panda-zebra

next year
1 current gen AC 1 last gen AC
1 current gen Watch Dogs 1 last gen Watch Dogs

and they will all control the same and be filled with the same pointless collectathons.

WD has more in common with FC than AC.

Personally enjoy the collecting stuff to mix it up. but with W_D I soon put all that and the story to one side, first for the tailing and then for the hacking.

I somehow doubt there are 4 million players out there simply going from point A to point B signing in at hotspots and scanning burners.

R_Deckard

Source : PR

Please lock if old.

Bill-Hader-Spits-Drink-at-Kristen-Wiig-SNL.gif

Dang that be some good sales...so 2 million on PS4 alone??
Not exactly thrilled that a game with underwhelming visuals to me was successful.
Seriously man what a dubb thing to say.. the game is great and...oh what's the point you have not played it have you!

Not surprising. A little disappointing this doesn't happen to games that are much much better than the designed by committee mediocrity festival that is watch dogs.

Mikey Jr.

Sony made a good bet going with watch dogs dlc. Wouldn't be surprised if WD skewed heavily towards the ps4 version in terms of sales.

nib95

Banned
All these people buying Watch Dogs makes me want to buy it too. NAWT.

But good on Ubi even though they over promised and under delivered.

Graphically they may have under-delivered based on their initial promise, but gameplay wise they absolutely delivered. This game is chocka block full of quality gameplay and content, variety, side missions, options, upgrades, weapons and all the rest.

hydruxo

I'm glad WD sold well, I've really been enjoying my time with it more than I thought I would. It's an even better starting point for the franchise than the first AC was so I'm sure WD 2 will be fantastic.

I think with this and posible Destiny numbers Sony is really happy spending money in this logo
[IG]http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2269/12969985833_5dd1217437_n.jpg[/IMG]

I'd think that Activision and UBI are much more happier about having it on their cases. :p

Skeff

All these people buying Watch Dogs makes me want to buy it too. NAWT.

But good on Ubi even though they over promised and under delivered.

But, those two sentences don't make sense together, if you haven't bought it, you have no idea what they delivered.

sjay1994

If only Mario Kart 8 was multiplat form it also would've sold 4million! P

Well, happy for Ubi. Watch Dogs annual release pending!

I think it might happen.

Its kinda started with farcry

As Farcry 3
Blood Dragon
Farcry 4

and there are rumors the blood dragon team is working on a sequel.

Portugeezer

I guess Downgrade-Gate never spread beyond enthusiast game sites.
You mean how haters and trolls are just loud and obnoxious as usual.

Even in the downgrade threads there were still reasonable people who thought it looked pretty much the same as 2013 gameplay or didn't think it was a big deal.

Still looks great for, and more importantly it runs well which is new for sandbox console games coming from last gen.

w00zey

Sweet. I am fucking loving it. I can't wait to see what they do with the series.

Walked out of infiltrating a dude on a mission this morning and they called in a huge amount of reinforcements, as well as a helicopter, so I blasted a blackout, ran through the yard type area where everyone was randomly shooting and searching for me in the dark (all be it with the lights of a helicopter still scanning the area) so I made my way through undetected and hopped onto the boat i used to cross over, then I disabled the helicopter which caused it to run into a bridge I rode under as the sparks were flying above and off I drove my boat out of the canal into anonymity.

sjay1994

Graphically they may have under-delivered based on their initial promise, but gameplay wise they absolutely delivered. This game is chocka block full of quality gameplay and content, variety, side missions, options, upgrades, weapons and all the rest.

Makes me wonder why so many games release in fall/winter and not summer when there is typically a drought of AAA.

Top Bottom