• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weird Recurring Things in Anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
-The "Ojou-san" with the drill hair (also often a tsundere)
-The guy who has his eyes always closed, but when things get heated opens them
-The "bath" scene in which the MC is taking a bath/shower, the childhood friend/love interest enters the room and hits him telling him how he is such a hentai/baka/whatever
-The annoying "Phuuuuuuuah" after drinking a beer, then slamming the beer on the table
-Onsen episode with the guys trying to peek, while the girls compare breast sizes
-Umi da!!!
-The actually weak friend of the MC, that secretly is a badass (or just there for comedy...)
-Touching someones hand in a romance anime makes the girl/boy blush and question their whole love life
-Miscommunications (Guy just talked to another girl, girl directly thinks he is cheating on her/the other girl is his gf)

Surprised no one brought this up

The random nudity in anime openings for female characters, while they gaze into the distance to show how innocent they are (or some shit I honestly dont get this even after them doing it since the damn 80s) or go from a fetal position to stretched out, back arched pose.

l-lewd...

tJRMKFI.gif

Astral

Smiling with your eyes closed. I guess it's done to emphasize friendliness or happiness or something but it's fucking weird when you think about it. I have never seen someone actually do this in real life. It would look too weird.

PBalfredo

That weird walk where one character, usually a energetic, younger boy, would walk with his arms folded behind his head, kicking his feet out.

Violet_0

Banned
http://new4.fjcdn.com/comments/When+anime+characters+have+no+eyes+you+know+you+re+screwed+_5d8d77ceae77724df9c0c6b0b2a06781.png[IMG]

Nightmare fuel.[/QUOTE]

yeah that's ... not how shading works

oh, and side mouth (that looks to be on the cheek)
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/a1Mc49m.png

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Melting ice cubes in a cup that rearranges the ice and makes clinking noises.

There is no shortage of shows that do this.

Seriously, what the fuck are you showing me, anime.

Yes! Also, an almost still shot of a quiet street or field, with just water and cicadas in the background. All. The. Time.

I don't mind this as it makes for a nice "Art Nouveau" effect on the hair, especially on the 3rd picture here. The Japanese love Mucha's art.

Well the thread is about weird things, not if they annoy us or not. I don't mind either, it's really well done sometimes, it's just weird when you think about it from a realistic standpoint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom