• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Werewolf |OT| Was it all just a Dream?

OK, didn't see that post. This is even more interesting. Now QB's reasoning and subsequent vote for Makai surely puts him on the side of Burb, Zipped and I in enquiring about his soft claim yet he doesn't call out QB on doing the same thing, going further than all three of us because he actually put a vote on him.

I re-read makai's long post again and he seems to genuinely believe that role would be present in the game. It's paranoia or malicious intent to confuse.

Why did QB get let off the hook when he was just as aggressive on your soft claim as the rest of us, Makai?

Eh, I wouldn't say I was going after Makai aggressively, it just looked like conversation was going in the direction of his and Dave's love affair, so I prodded him with a vote to encourage him to talk about it. He posted and I agreed with what he said since I didn't really see a soft claim in that once post everyone was sharing, so I removed my vote.

On Dave as a Baker, I'm sticking with my belief that he's a power role of some sort, but I don't think it's the typical baker role that dooms the town when he dies, since that's a bit unbalanced and I'm sure by now someone would've said that they received bread last night.

And since you wanted a vote...
Vote: Ultron87
- Roleclaimed almost immediately as the game began.
- Was very close to getting lynched yesterday, but was saved in the last couple of minutes.
- Was the first person to use Terra's votes from yesterday to clear himself.

That's my vote for now. It could change once I do a better readthrough of the thread.

Since nobody seems to want to talk:

vote:MattyG

I know you said that you'd post something later today, but of the people on my list, I feel like you've gone under the radar the most. I'll switch when you post your read list.

(I assume I don't have to use double if I'm just poking someone)

I couldn't have done this. My reasons for voting Darryl were because of his responses to my weird posts.

...but you still could have just said that. Literally just say "Darryl's reaction to X post was really strange" or something.

Anyway:

Scum:

Ultron / Xam:
One of you is faking a role claim. I know that I made a comment about this earlier and I keep hyperfocusing on it, buton the other hand, At the start of D1 both of you claimed the text in your Role PM was the same, and it was confirmed with Terra's Role PM. Unless, of course, Xam might be lying and just claiming that to cover his own tracks. Also Ultron was pretty silent most of D1, but that could be for a number of reasons. I mean it's not like I talked a lot d1 either. I dunno, this one is mostly just gut feelings.

BatSnacks: He jumped to accusing me of derailing for the sake of Wolves really really fast. As I pointed out, this group is HUGE. The odds of a derailment hitting literally everyone is minimal. Also, I'm not allowed to speculate? Combine that with the weird posts Flux pointed out, and the post right above me, I'm not sure what he's trying to pull here.

Town:

FluxWave: Is doing a pretty good job of keeping people on track and making reads.

King Kitty: Same as Flux, asking a lot of good questions.

cabot

Eh, I wouldn't say I was going after Makai aggressively, it just looked like conversation was going in the direction of his and Dave's love affair, so I prodded him with a vote to encourage him to talk about it. He posted and I agreed with what he said since I didn't really see a soft claim in that once post everyone was sharing, so I removed my vote.

giphy.gif

Quite the climb down there, senator. I don't know how you can say you weren't being aggressive by saying 'It seems we aren't getting anywhere until Makai explains why he was so eager to protect Dave.' and following it up with a vote.

In fact, I'd go so far as to say the only way you could be more aggressive was if you just unleashed little QuestionBro and urinated all over his face.

*Splinter

I should really get back to that vote on CornBro

Cornburrito Wild Hypothesis:

Dave and Makai are both working together. Either as neutral survivor things, or scum. Dave makes baker fluff posts, Makai throws the baker theory out there. Dave becomes "immune" to lynch for a long time. Maybe even draws protection from town protective roles. Maybe Dave is some special "anyone who visits me dies" role.

Reasons why this makes sense: Dave's fluff is just really odd. Makai's defense of Dave when Dave had only a single vote was odd.

Baker soft claim makes Dave practically unlynchable. Because if he is telling the truth we'd literally lose confirming it. This also sows a lot of confusion.

Reasons why this makes no sense: Seems an unnecessary gambit for mafia to take. It makes Dave borderline unlynchable sure, but how long could this go on for?

Actually the more I think, the more this seems like a viable scum play to be honest.

Dave not being killed during the nights that follow wouldn't be too unusual even if the Baker thing were true. Because mafia can safely ignore Dave. If they can ignore him, town might lynch him. If they go after him, they risk losing a kill to Doctor. And Dave would also likely be watched by town lookout roles to scout out Doctor/Killers.

I'm thinking this may be a scum gambit.

VOTE: Makai
This was the post that prompted my vote. He's still going after Makai/Dave, still taking the baker nonsense seriously, and pushing this whole narrative so hard this whole post looks ridiculous.

The part that really T R I G G E R E D me was "Dave's fluff is just really odd". It's been mentioned already and Corn should know better anyway. We already have (at least one) other RPer in these games, and I think Dave did exactly the same thing (different character) before the reset?

Unless anyone can convince me of a difference between Scrafty and Dave I'm treating all these posts as scum pushing a narrative to lynch an easy target

Burbeting

Banned

Why do I get the feeling you are defending Makai, by stepping back on your statements? You questioning Makai before was fine, what was problematic was that Makai seemed to ignore it, and then vote at Cabot, and mentioning me and Zipperpinhead, but not you. When Cabot questions this behavious from Makai... you come back, and state that "hey I wasn't that aggressive about it". Almost as if you are giving Makai a way to answer, before he has even returned to talk about it. The question is... why?

FluxWaveZ

The part that really T R I G G E R E D me was "Dave's fluff is just really odd". It's been mentioned already and Corn should know better anyway. We already have (at least one) other RPer in these games, and I think Dave did exactly the same thing (different character) before the reset?

Unless anyone can convince me of a difference between Scrafty and Dave I'm treating all these posts as scum pushing a narrative to lynch an easy target

Man, you really like defending Lollipop Dave, huh? Tell me, how reasonable do you think this justification is for the fluff?
Alright, I'll explain a little. I'm always late to the party. Be it sleep or work, I miss the bulk of discussion at its start. I would then repeat, but that never goes well, I could just not post till I find something relevant myself, but that doesn't go down well either, so I'm just having some fun while I can, at least till it gets more active.

Also fluff = anti-town?
Other than that: no, Dave didn't do the same thing before the reset. And... if he did, how is that a point in your favor? He was a WOLF last game; the very first person to get lynched.

And I don't know how Scrafty plays and I don't really care. Dismissing someone's role playing because of another? Maybe we should all role-play and post inane nonsense. No one would be suspicious then.

Warxard

Banned
Ultron / Xam:
One of you is faking a role claim. I know that I made a comment about this earlier and I keep hyperfocusing on it, buton the other hand, At the start of D1 both of you claimed the text in your Role PM was the same, and it was confirmed with Terra's Role PM. Unless, of course, Xam might be lying and just claiming that to cover his own tracks. Also Ultron was pretty silent most of D1, but that could be for a number of reasons. I mean it's not like I talked a lot d1 either. I dunno, this one is mostly just gut feelings.

BatSnacks: He jumped to accusing me of derailing for the sake of Wolves really really fast. As I pointed out, this group is HUGE. The odds of a derailment hitting literally everyone is minimal. Also, I'm not allowed to speculate? Combine that with the weird posts Flux pointed out, and the post right above me, I'm not sure what he's trying to pull here.

I'm going to keep this quoted for my post history for the future. Reviewing BatSnacks and how he interacts with the group kind of irks me.

Warxard

Banned
Finally, onto my vote: I don't super appreciate the vote change request, Cabot, but Septimus posted as requested and even though I wasn't super impressed with his answers, my vote is a lot less representative of my intentions now than it was when it was placed so it indeed has to move.

VOTE: Boo Boo'n

I don't have my sights set on you for today's lynch (yet?), but after a relatively productive D1 it feels like you've been posting too little this day and all you did was go straight after Xam which is where your vote has been sitting since. I want your reads.

I NEVER DID LIKED YOU FIREBLEND

I will give you my reads later today. I can assure you that.

A bit off topic, but I wanted to start exploring what kind of roles that Town might have, after Terra's Dream Wolf flip.
Would it be foolhardy of me to think we might have a role that can watch a person each night and see who visits them (which we didn't appear to have last time)?

batsnacks

...but you still could have just said that. Literally just say "Darryl's reaction to X post was really strange" or something.
I did, I was specific about why I voted Darryl. I explained my entire thought process and even asked you to comment on it after you voted Darryl.

Boo Boo'n, when I was going back to do my read list, I noticed that you haven't really contributed much today either, and your statements are oddly absolutist:

VOTE: xamtheking

Xam's been lying for a while now. He needs to get got.

and when Xam challenged you, you replied:

Why would there be suspicion if you are what you claimed?

This is an absurd statement. We have no way of knowing if he is what he claimed, any role claim will be treated with suspicion, especially given the circumstances. Whilst it has been a hotly debated topic, we don't really have any conclusive evidence as to whether one or both of them are lying. Is there any particular reason you were so certain that it was Xam who was lying?

CornBurrito isn't scum or at least he hasn't played himself off to have some sort of ulterior motive so far.

Your other comment about Cornburrito is equally lacking. Whilst I'm not overly leaning scum on him myself, I'd like you to elaborate on that comment a bit too, what kind of ulterior motive would you expect to see him playing to? On day 1 he was fairly focused on Darryl, does trying to get him lynched count as an ulterior motive?

What's the feelings on the sleepwalkers.

Should we flip one of them anytime soon?

We have three potential sleepwalkers, that's a high number. Enough to make me want to test the theory by ridding ourselves of one of the other ones.

I could take either if I'm honest.
Scum:

Ultron / Xam:
With Terra's wolf flip, what are the chances that the other two sleepwalkers would be scum, too? It honestly seems kind of unlikely, unless all of the tracker roles are with town (since the wolves would know their own movements). This doesn't mean that one or both of them can't be neutral, though.

One possibility, though, which we already saw with Terra's role PM, is that one or both of them have additional powers, where sleepwalking is just an extra attribute. What I'd be curious to find out is that, had Terra made a kill as a wolf, would he have been visiting two people on the same night? We know he can't do that anymore, but that would be kind of insane on, say, a serial killer or something. And then, on top of this, two movements could easily be mistaken for two bread drops if we still think a baker exists is in this game.

I'm still hesitant to think that Xam actually is a sleepwalker at all, but maybe we can have a tracker follow him next night?

A bit off topic, but I wanted to start exploring what kind of roles that Town might have, after Terra's Dream Wolf flip.
Would it be foolhardy of me to think we might have a role that can watch a person each night and see who visits them (which we didn't appear to have last time)?

This is possibly the most anti-town idea imaginable. The last thing we want to do is let scum know what kind of roles we have.

kingkitty

I don't think it's foolhardy to think that. But I don't know if it's helpful for us to dive deep into this.

Anyways I'm writing up some more boring reads, brb.

Fireblend

Banned

I know Crimson just called Xam out on this post but this is exactly what I was referring to when I said:

I would also like to add Xam to my suspicious list because I was uncomfortable with the way he seemed to be crying for information during the baker discussion - scum would definitely be interested in the existence of such a role.

This is possibly the most anti-town idea imaginable. The last thing we want to do is let scum know what kind of roles we have.

Alright, thanks for the heads up
I don't intend to be anti-town

I want to lynch you so much for some reason.

This postulating on town roles is a terrible idea. Always think the worst on what roles the wolves may have AND never reveal anything about what the town may have. That's why splinter and I were going over whether the wolves have a scum switcher or scum watcher on their team (both are really powerful roles especially if they have both).

In fact I'm going to vote for you.

Vote: Xamtheking

It's that bad of an idea. And coupled with your earlier reaching for information just seems scummy to me. It could be new player jitters BUT it could also be new Scum player jitters...

*Splinter

Man, you really like defending Lollipop Dave, huh? Tell me, how reasonable do you think this justification is for the fluff?

Other than that: no, Dave didn't do the same thing before the reset. And... if he did, how is that a point in your favor? He was a WOLF last game; the very first person to get lynched.

And I don't know how Scrafty plays and I don't really care. Dismissing someone's role playing because of another? Maybe we should all role-play and post inane nonsense. No one would be suspicious then.
First of all, the post you quoted isn't justification for fluff, it's justification for lack of content (and yeah it sucks).

I'm not saying fluff puts him somehow out of suspicion, I'm saying ignore fluff and judge what's left. In Dave's case thats not much, and what's there is mostly him boneheadedly defending his existence. Feel free to attack him for that - maybe he'll start pulling his weight for a change - but constantly asking "duh why the baker fluff" will only (continue to) get the response "it's just fluff".

I don't give a shit about Dave, I want to find scum.

kingkitty

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=187484586&postcount=1293
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=187494441&postcount=1303

batsnacks:
He had a weird play Day 1. Blatantly "sheeped" me. Then Darryl got mad at batsnacks for his sheeping behavior. And then batsnacks used that reaction as a knock against Darryl. To be honest, while batsnacks might characterize my reaction as more cool and calm, I also thought in the back of my mind that batsnacks was not being very helpful. Everyone and their dead cat knows that sheeping (or bandwagoning) could lead to scum making accusations against other innocents, and the town bandwagoning along because it's the popular choice. Or in a more common situation, scum bandwagoning along to a popular vote on an innocent townie, without giving a good enough reason.

But my thoughts about batsnacks changed once he continued his minor play. As I said before, batsnacks argued that Darryl's reaction could be a smoking gun of a frustrated scum. But it could also just be frustrated townie, and it's not like it's out of the question Darryl wouldn't react well. Then batsnacks tries to dig into why people are voting for Cornbread in the first place. I think I understand his play, trying to feel up peoples reactions to his strange behavior. I guess. Anyways I don't know if the play was worth it, but it seemed like batsnacks was trying to help out in his own way.

It also seems pretty weird for scum to do. By blatantly bandwagoning, and even announcing that you are blatantly bandwagoning. That's not a cool scum thing to do. Scum might be active, and might try to take control of the conversation. But usually in more conventional ways. They don't want negative attention. They want "this dood is helpful" attention. I don't think scum would want to go down the route batsnacks took, which was full of strange behavior. For now, I lean town on him.

Quantumbroz:
He was my vote for a good part of Day 1. It was because he was so inactive, he didn't even post once. However he has a reasonable excuse, which is thanksgiving. He finally posted something by Day 2. I don't have enough to work with here to give a good read on his alignment.

One interesting issue is that he voted for Makai to pressure him for his behavior defending Baker man. But now, when pushed on whether his vote was "aggressive", he argued it wasn't aggressive at all. Honestly, I wouldn't characterize what he did as so aggressive he basically pissed in Makai's cereal. But maybe something can be gleaned from his downplaying.

Perhaps him trying to downplay the attitude of his vote is scum backpedaling. Perhaps that early vote for Makai was somehow an agreed upon jab between scum Makai and scum Quantum, but...I don't think so. Doesn't seem like the right context to institute a scum jab. Perhaps scum Quantumbro thought he could push for a coalition against innocent Makai. But when there doesn't seem to be a bandwagon brewing, QuantumBro tries to distance himself from his past behavior.

Btw, how inactive would scum be even on thanksgiving? To not even post once seems very peculiar if QuantumBro is scum. You would think his teammates would encourage him to chime in occasionally, with something along the lines as "sorry I'll be inactive because of thanksgiving". It's a good enough reason that might actually be true for scum. Instead, QuantumBro did radio silence. That doesn't mean scum can't be inactive or pretend to be inactive (which is why I put my vote on QuantumBro in the first place), but to not even post once through the entirety of Day 1, that's something to rub my chin about.

For now, I'm not willing to label him as scum, yet.

Great Lord Tiger:
Initially I got some mild rumble vibes from him. On Day 1 he said he wouldn't vote for Darryl because he didn't want to join a bandwagon. But earlier he joined two bandwagons on Ultron and Xam. So it's amusing to see him talk about how he won't join this bandwagon.

Would scum make such an epic mistake? Jumping on bandwagons, and then justifying not voting for Darryl because he doesn't "want to hop on the wagon". It wasn't like Darryl was important scum. The guy was a townie. Why follow such logic? He could have tried to use other justification like "I don't think Darryl is scum", but no.

I'm honestly slightly reading him as townie who made confused comments. Doesn't make any sense for scum to make a comment like that. There's no way Great Lord Tiger went into the scum chat, told his scum bros he was going to use this justification, and every one giving a thumbs up. Of course he could be inexperienced scum who made a weird mistake and didn't talk it out with his scum bros. But right now, my belly slightly pushes him into the town pile. For now.

It seems he hasn't posted at all since Day 1. Would really like to see him post something to justify his reasoning.

Alright well, that's all the reads I have right now. Will post some more later or tomorrow. If there's someone in particular y'all want me to give a read on, feel free to ask. I'll be over here wearing no pants.

I should really get back to that vote on CornBro

This was the post that prompted my vote. He's still going after Makai/Dave, still taking the baker nonsense seriously, and pushing this whole narrative so hard this whole post looks ridiculous.

No, Dave did not RP before the reset as far as I know. So that doesn't check out.

And what do you mean "still going after Makai/Dave"? You make it sound like I've been gunning for them since D1 which is untrue. I'm also not taking the baker thing seriously, or as seriously as you seem to think. I'm thinking of reasons for why Makai would want us to treat it seriously. And my conclusion was that Makai may be scum. I didn't conclude that the baker was real.

You seriously need to re read my actual post.

Another player I'll be watching today is Style. I voted him yesterday and then removed my vote when I saw he started posting more, but he didn't really say anything of substance before the day ended, and then showed up right at the end, that doesn't look good at all. Too obvious for my taste.
First, before I forget, Fire you never unvoted Style and were no where to be found after you made your vote on Style.

Yes.

I'll actually want to make my first vote.

VOTE: GreatLord Tiger

So GreatLord... what's with your voting patterns yesterday? First you voted Xam, when some people were already bandwagoning him, by accusing him from bandwagoning and parroting (Which I did agree with). But then you moved to Ultron, making as bandwagony vote as there can be, yet then you didn't want to vote Darryl, because you didn't wany to bandwagon?

Right now you look like a scum, who didn't want to vote a person you knew was town.
So sure before I start answering questions I would just like to ask one thing. I've noticed people use words such as angry and complains concerning my posts and I was just wondering am I just being like a huge asshole when I post? Like I'm generally curious if I am because I don't feel like my posts have that connotation, but maybe they do...

Ok on to you ?'s
On voting patterns: So, initially voted xam because like I said he followed cabot's votes and gave me weird vibes. He still does honestly like if he is a sleepwalker he should be playing like an ordinary villager, but to me he seems on edge. Last game he was a villager and put in a similar situation and was pretty chill about it, but this time it feels different. Blam put down vote ended the tie. Then later Splinter says, "FWIW, a last minute swing is the best chance of catching scum D1 (or a PR, but I think we can rule that out)" *924(In retrospect this comment seems kinda weird because if Ultron is a town sleepwalker we would be lynching a power role, so why would we rule that out?) I think to myself you know what maybe he's right. Xam was gaining a lot of heat and, in a game this large, if I was a wolf I would be quiet and poke my head in every once in a while. Also last game the same thing happened with Dave and he ended up scum, so Boop voted Ultron. I mean he role claimed super early and I never read him as town, so I was ok with him being lynched.

Next, wagons: Honestly just me thinking out loud and pointing out their was a wagon at the end. I feel I can say stuff like that because I'm an ordinary town villager.If you guys and gals lose me no loss for you. As I said in my reads I thought Darrly was playing pretty much the same way as he did last game and he was town last game so I read him as leaning town this game. I was just holding myself accountable for why I didn't vote Darrly at the end there.For Ultron, I think that's fair to say that was a wagon vote by me, so you guys and gals can hold me accountable for that.

Last, reasons I'm not scum:
1.Palmer confirmed that TB had access to the scum chat. If I was scum, I too would have access to the chat. Why would we vote at the exact same time on the exact same person. Like wouldn't this raise some alarm bells for some of you? (I mean maybe it doesn't since I don't think anyone has brought it up yet.)I would think we would distance ourselves and not create some thing that would link us together.(TBF this reason could also probably be used to prove I'm scum. In which case, their you go there's a freebie.)
2. My wagon comment. If this was a gambit, why would I choose one that can do nothing but hurt me? First, as seen by the I think 4? people that brought this comment as suspicion against me, I just added so much unnecessary heat to myself. Why would I do that? Second, there are like 20+ other people who didn't vote for Darrly why would me announcing that make me better than those people. Third, their is no possible way I could know Darrly was town even if I was scum. In all likely hood their are probably neutrals this game(their was last game and with a even bigger game their is probably some here too) What if Darrly was neutral? I just screwed myself all for a gambit that wouldn't help me at all.

Sorry for the wall just had a lot of thoughts about myself.

VOTE: CornBurrito

His end of the day voting was strange. All day he had a vote on Darrly until the almost end. Darrly votes for himself. CB decides then that Xam was acting more alarming votes Xam. Ultron votes start coming in CB unvotes Xam and then says he will ultron if another person votes them to prevent a tie. TB and Cabot vote Ultron. CB doesn't vote Ultron. CB responds to Tim saying he unvoted to collect himself and feels Xam is more suspect than Ultron. Between this time, Darrly does his tie vote move. It's tied Xam asks CB to break it and CB decides to go xam. Darrly votes start coming in. Another tie happens between Xam and Ultron he decides to go Darrly to break the tie. The rest of the Darrly votes happen and boom final results. All this is to say man he really didn't want to vote Ultron.

So just making this clear. Splinter is literally outright lying (claiming I took the baker role seriously, which is not what my post did) and using willful ignorance (doesn't bother checking if Dave Rp'ed last game) to try and make a case against me.

The post he quoted in fact detailed how I thought the baker was unlikely to actually exist, but scum would try to convince town of it to make Dave untouchable during day phase and to draw out PR. Solinter "interpreted" that as me saying the baker is real and credible.

Fireblend

Banned
First, before I forget, Fire you never unvoted Style and were no where to be found after you made your vote on Style.

Oh, I thought I had ended the day without any vote on anyone. I got my own timeline wrong :p and yeah posting during weekends is usually hard for me but this past one was bananas, so I voted for him aware there was a good chance that's where it would end up. I don't particularly regret it.

MattyG

Banned
I'm still reading through everything I missed last night and this morning and digesting it, but here's my short (literally) list so far.

Top scum picks:

Xam - Jumped on that sleepwalker roleclaim immediately after Ultron did, and we know one of them is probably lying. There's just no way we have/had 3 sleepwalker roles. I'm more inclined to say it's him than Ultron. and voted for Darryl (I'm still going by my "at least 1 other wolf voted for Darryl" hypothesis, but I'm not putting a ton of weight on it).

batsnacks - Between the weird posts day 1 and bandwagoning on votes, I don't feel great about batsnacks (obviously, since I voted for them day 1). Both these things could be chalked up to other things, but at the very least it was relatively anti-town posting. Though like CzarTim said, it would be a bit weird for a wolf to draw attention to themself like that.

Top town:

cabot, kingkitty, Burbeting, Splinter - All have been active and contributing a lot. I don't really have much to say here aside from they don't come off scummy to me.

For now, I'm casting my vote for

VOTE: Xamtheking

*Splinter

So just making this clear. Splinter is literally outright lying (claiming I took the baker role seriously, which is not what my post did) and using willful ignorance (doesn't bother checking if Dave Rp'ed last game) to try and make a case against me.

The post he quoted in fact detailed how I thought the baker was unlikely to actually exist, but scum would try to convince town of it to make Dave untouchable during day phase and to draw out PR. Solinter "interpreted" that as me saying the baker is real and credible.
That isn't what I meant. You were describing a plot by Dave and/or Makai to soft claim baker despite neither of them doing anything that could reasonably be interpreted as that.

And yeah I was wrong about Dave RP-ing before. I saw a new player RP (different game) then saw Dave RP when we started this game and thought it was the same person. My bad, I guess. It slightly explains (to me) why people overreacted to it, but doesn't really change my opinion of Dave.

That isn't what I meant. You were describing a plot by Dave and/or Makai to soft claim baker despite neither of them doing anything that could reasonably be interpreted as that.

And yeah I was wrong about Dave RP-ing before. I saw a new player RP (different game) then saw Dave RP when we started this game and thought it was the same person. My bad, I guess. It slightly explains (to me) why people overreacted to it, but doesn't really change my opinion of Dave.

Yeah Makai posting the wiki definition of the baker role and saying how obvious Dave was being was in no way an attempt to get people to think that Dave might be the baker.

Ok, sure.

Warxard

Banned
Xamtheking

I've explained my reasoning in the previous thread before, and I don't see the need to re-tread same grounds for who is essentially lying about whatever role they play. I'm very certain that Ultron is at least the honest one in the situation despite their questionable comments in the past that made us lose a perfectly good townie, but it is what it is to that.

Definitely not town. Most likely scum.

BatSnacks

Originally I had written off BatSnacks as just another bandwagoner that isn't really contributing to town at all, but this comment:

Seems risky for wolves in the sense that it draws a lot of attention, unnecessarily, to the claimers very early. Its probably not smart to expect anything in a 30 player game but I've never seen 2 sleepwalkers in one game, like I said, that's a lot of hate toward watchers and trackers.

Piqued my interest a bit. Now, I have never been in a Werewolf game before so I would assume that these two are PRs that have been used in the previous game that by the name, does exactly that.--watching, and /tracking.-- are you admitting to either of these roles? No one else had brought it up at all. This, combined with the odd dislike you have for cabot kind of ...unnerves me.

And the bandwagoning doesn't help.

As for CrimsonFist's accusations:

Boo Boo'n, when I was going back to do my read list, I noticed that you haven't really contributed much today either, and your statements are oddly absolutist:

It's kind of hard not being absolutist in regards to someone whoes a glowing discotech of bad times?

This is an absurd statement. We have no way of knowing if he is what he claimed, any role claim will be treated with suspicion, especially given the circumstances. Whilst it has been a hotly debated topic, we don't really have any conclusive evidence as to whether one or both of them are lying. Is there any particular reason you were so certain that it was Xam who was lying?

He admitted that he fucked up with the interpretation of Ultron's paraphrasing on his role, claiming that's what he got in his role claim word for word, not to mention nearly breaking the rules in the process.

Your other comment about Cornburrito is equally lacking. Whilst I'm not overly leaning scum on him myself, I'd like you to elaborate on that comment a bit too, what kind of ulterior motive would you expect to see him playing to? On day 1 he was fairly focused on Darryl, does trying to get him lynched count as an ulterior motive?

Originally I had thought so, but considering Darryl was just a regular ass townie my suspeicions re: CornBurrito were out of place, I suppose.

*Splinter

UNVOTE

I'm not entirely convinced, but I've made mistakes here.

1. I thought Dave RP'd last game. This made anyone overreacting to his RP seem disproportionately scummy. I still think it was a silly thing to accuse him for, but I'll leave it now.

2. I've argued myself into a corner regarding Makai's intentions. I said several pages ago that this was a bad lead and pursuing it would lead to unnecessary role claims, and I should have dropped it there. I'm dropping it now, but anyone that read my warning and continued on that path has been very anti town in my eyes. (Not trusting me is reasonable, but to continue without any caution is reckless at best.)

This has been a series of stupid plays from town players, myself included.

batsnacks

Xamtheking
I didn't think to explain what trackers and watchers are in that post and what I meant by "hate":
A tracker follows someone at night and learns who they visited.
A watchers watches someone at night and learns who visited them.

Usually, if a tracker/watcher learns that someone visited/was visited, they can be certain they found mafia or a power role. The purpose of sleepwalkers, since they visit someone random each night, is to add confusion and make trackers and watchers less reliable. That's what I meant by "the host is hating on watchers and trackers."

Also I think you might have me mixed up with someone else because I don't dislike cabot. I like when he posts the funny gifs those are important.

Warxard

Banned
I didn't think to explain what trackers and watchers are in that post and what I meant by "hate":
A tracker follows someone at night and learns who they visited.
A watchers watches someone at night and learns who visited them.

Usually, if a tracker/watcher learns that someone visited/was visited, they can be certain they found mafia or a power role. The purpose of sleepwalkers, since they visit someone random each night, is to add confusion and make trackers and watchers less reliable. That's what I meant by "the host is hating on watchers and trackers."

Also I think you might have me mixed up with someone else because I don't dislike cabot. I like when he posts the funny gifs those are important.

I appreciate the clarification, at least.

At the very least, if you are legit in your claim (which I still doubt) yo've given the RPs some breathing room
Also
Need to give you an update on my "rulebreaking"
One of the rules says I can't quote from my Role Pm
I incorrectly took that to mean I can't reference words in my Role Pm
However, I no see it actually means I can't use the "quote" of NeoGaf
TlDr: I haven't broken any rules but I thought I had

Top Bottom