• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Werewolf |OT| Was it all just a Dream?

Arr, I'm Sleep Walken.

You can see me in Stand Up Guys.

Stand-up-guys.jpeg
Do you havethe power to smell funny

Palmer_v1

Also
Need to give you an update on my "rulebreaking"
One of the rules says I can't quote from my Role Pm
I incorrectly took that to mean I can't reference words in my Role Pm
However, I no see it actually means I can't use the "quote" of NeoGaf
TlDr: I haven't broken any rules but I thought I had

Retyping verbatim is also frowned on. Generally should only paraphrase your role, at best, aside from the actual title, i.e. saying you're a Village-aligned baker is okay. typing out your full action command or fluff is not okay.

What the hell is this.

A shuttlecock animated fan fic.

Speaking of: Terra's pm referenced somnambulism. Which is a word Xam used explicitly before the reveal of Terra's pm.

This means:

1. Xam read Terra's pm on the scum forum.
2. Xam is a sleepwalker.

What this also means is that Xam did not simply copy Ultron's claim as some suspected.

In case 2, Xam's alignment still isn't very certain. This is a weak argument at best, but what if scum is meant to resemble a wolf pack? Terra was a pup. Maybe there is a second pup. Or even a third. However I doubt 3 exist. I can think of one outlandish scenario in which Terra and Ultron are scum sleepwalkers, and Xam is pretending to also be a scum sleepwalker. Two pups and maybe papa wolf?

Alternatively, Xam could very well be town.

Xam and Ultron need to be heavily scrutinized. I really really doubt both are scum and put all their scum eggs into one early game basket. However, I'm skeptical that both are town.

I do feel it might be best to flip one of them though, if only to get more information as to what sort of roles are in the game. If both teams have sleepwalkers, we could assume both teams have motion trackers/watchers. You might ask "doesn't this also help scum?" But scum will already know whether or not Xam/Ultron are town or not.

Fireblend

Banned
Boo Boo'ns Most Wanted

Would you mind adding a top town list to go along with that?

In case 2, Xam's alignment still isn't very certain. This is a weak argument at best, but what if scum is meant to resemble a wolf pack? Terra was a pup. Maybe there is a second pup. Or even a third. However I doubt 3 exist. I can think of one outlandish scenario in which Terra and Ultron are scum sleepwalkers, and Xam is pretending to also be a scum sleepwalker. Two pups and maybe papa wolf?

Sorry, but I literally have no idea what you're proposing here. Terra was a pup? wat?

Palmer's badminton post made more sense.

Would you mind adding a top town list to go along with that?

Sorry, but I literally have no idea what you're proposing here. Terra was a pup? wat?

Palmer's badminton post made more sense.

I thought you were being dumb and then went to go quote the death post...

turns out I am the dumb one. I thought Terra was a Dream Pup.

Style

Banned
Vote: czartim

You were quick to jump on the Darryl bandwagon despite agreeing with him at a point. You have also been accusing some players I have a hunch are townies as scum, so I'm betting on you being it.

VOTE: Timeaisis

I believe you've been coasting through his whole game. I can't remember a single significant contribution you've made. Or even a minor contribution.

Yes I am aware it is day2. And yes, I am aware not a lot has been said today at all. So perhaps it is a bit early for the "coasting" accusation. Call it a hunch.

CzarTim

Vote: czartim

You were quick to jump on the Darryl bandwagon despite agreeing with him at a point. You have also been accusing some players I have a hunch are townies as scum, so I'm betting on you being it.

Yes, I agreed with him. I was town reading him until the aftermath of his bats vote. I also unvoted him, but when given the choice between two people I did not think were scum (ultron / xam) and someone I thought maybe could be scum, I went with the later. I'd do it again too based on how Darryl was acting there at the end. He was not playing in town's best interest.

Who did I accuse of being scum that you think are townies, and why do you think they are townies?

kingkitty

So sure before I start answering questions I would just like to ask one thing. I've noticed people use words such as angry and complains concerning my posts and I was just wondering am I just being like a huge asshole when I post? Like I'm generally curious if I am because I don't feel like my posts have that connotation, but maybe they do...

I didn't any vibes that you post like a huge asshole, for what it's worth.

Next, wagons: Honestly just me thinking out loud and pointing out their was a wagon at the end. I feel I can say stuff like that because I'm an ordinary town villager.If you guys and gals lose me no loss for you. As I said in my reads I thought Darrly was playing pretty much the same way as he did last game and he was town last game so I read him as leaning town this game. I was just holding myself accountable for why I didn't vote Darrly at the end there.For Ultron, I think that's fair to say that was a wagon vote by me, so you guys and gals can hold me accountable for that.

Just so people don't miss this, he just role claimed.

Last, reasons I'm not scum:
1.Palmer confirmed that TB had access to the scum chat. If I was scum, I too would have access to the chat. Why would we vote at the exact same time on the exact same person. Like wouldn't this raise some alarm bells for some of you? (I mean maybe it doesn't since I don't think anyone has brought it up yet.)I would think we would distance ourselves and not create some thing that would link us together.(TBF this reason could also probably be used to prove I'm scum. In which case, their you go there's a freebie.)

Sorry for the wall just had a lot of thoughts about myself.

VOTE: CornBurrito

His end of the day voting was strange. All day he had a vote on Darrly until the almost end. Darrly votes for himself. CB decides then that Xam was acting more alarming votes Xam. Ultron votes start coming in CB unvotes Xam and then says he will ultron if another person votes them to prevent a tie. TB and Cabot vote Ultron. CB doesn't vote Ultron. CB responds to Tim saying he unvoted to collect himself and feels Xam is more suspect than Ultron. Between this time, Darrly does his tie vote move. It's tied Xam asks CB to break it and CB decides to go xam. Darrly votes start coming in. Another tie happens between Xam and Ultron he decides to go Darrly to break the tie. The rest of the Darrly votes happen and boom final results. All this is to say man he really didn't want to vote Ultron.

One of your arguments for why people shouldn't vote for you is because you voted at the same time as scum Terra, and scum wouldn't mess up like that. But that same deal (sorta) happened to Cornbro.

Right here starting with scum Terra: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=187170036#post187170036

Then one minute later, Cornbro votes the same.

I assume you're talking about your vote for Xam, which was at the same time as scum Terra. Honestly I don't think there's that big of a time difference between your situation and Corn's. I'm not saying I believe you're no good scum, I'm just saying that particular point doesn't work for me if you're gonna vote for Cornbro.

Palmer_v1

Day 2 votes

xamtheking (3)
boo boo'n 1063
zippedpinhead 1372
mattyg 1382

ultron87 (2)
rats off to ya 1069
quantumbro 1351

style (0)
cabot 1073 (1322)

starsketch (1)
batsnacks 1094
swamped 1109 (1268)

septimus prime (0)
fireblend 1121 (1342)

makai (0)
quantumbro 1123 (1135)
cornburrito 1251 (1414)

cabot (1)
makai 1124

zippedpinhead (0)
*splinter 1155 (1255)

cornburrito (2)
kingkitty 1209
*splinter 1255 (1386)
greatlord tiger 1379

lollipop dave (2)
fluxwavez 1240
septimus prime 1312

greatlord tiger (2)
burbeting 1280
swamped 1307

fireblend (0)
cabot 1322 (1344)

boo boo'n (1)
fireblend 1342

robotninjahornets (1)
cabot 1344

mattyg (0)
crimsonfist 1352 (1394)

czartim (1)
style 1410

timeaisis (1)
cornburrito 1414

I think those sleepwalker votes are real lazy tbh. Real easy for scum to latch on to without looking anti-town.
At some point, we should probably try to find out about them though, right? Seems unlikely they're scum, but I think one of them could be neutral, with the sleepwalking being in addition to a role ability.

batsnacks

Agree with tim. No one voting xam mentioned what I said about why he's probably town, no one even asked for a clarification. And people on that wagon are generally scumreading me too.

CzarTim

At some point, we should probably try to find out about them though, right? Seems unlikely they're scum, but I think one of them could be neutral, with the sleepwalking being in addition to a role ability.

Are you willing to spend 2 lynches on the chance that one is neutral?

I'm willing to lynch either if they are acting scummy, but just the claim alone is not enough.

I'm willing to lynch either if they are acting scummy, but just the claim alone is not enough.

Actually. I've thought it out more and lynching one of them doesn't make sense for information.

If you believe at least one of the two is town, then we already know that both factions has sleepwalkers. Meaning both factions likely have watchers/trackers.

If you believe both are scum, that's a different story. I personally find it unlikely that Ultron AND Xam are scum, and that both claimed Terra's role.

MattyG

Banned
Agree with tim. No one voting xam mentioned what I said about why he's probably town, no one even asked for a clarification. And people on that wagon are generally scumreading me too.

Okay, at the risk of seeming like a flip-flopper, these two posts have convinced me to Unvote until I get more information here; batsnacks, I'm looking for the post you're talking about where you say why Xam's probably town, but I can't find it. I'm on my phone at the moment, so it may be in an obvious place and I'm just missing it. Could you point me to it?

Actually. I've thought it out more and lynching one of them doesn't make sense for information.

If you believe at least one of the two is town, then we already know that both factions has sleepwalkers. Meaning both factions likely have watchers/trackers.

If you believe both are scum, that's a different story. I personally find it unlikely that Ultron AND Xam are scum, and that both claimed Terra's role.
Unless you think scum somehow has three sleepwalkers, I think we can be pretty sure that there are sleepwalkers on both sides (assuming you count a neutral as town, since no one on either side would know his alignment). My concern is that sleepwalking isn't their only ability.

Okay, at the risk of seeming like a flip-flopper, these two posts have convinced me to Unvote until I get more information here; batsnacks, I'm looking for the post you're talking about where you say why Xam's probably town, but I can't find it. I'm on my phone at the moment, so it may be in an obvious place and I'm just missing it. Could you point me to it?
Votes need to be on a separate line from other text

unvote

I've been thinking about it, and I agree with *splinter and septimus prime. These two are better off existing for a few more days. If they are both sleepwalkers (and likely town aligned after the dream wolf reveal) then they aren't hurting anyone by living.

I'm going to reread day 1 and try to get a feel on who/why the dream wolf died. If it's a serial killer then it's a threat to town, if it's a VG then likely this murder wasn't telegraphed.

batsnacks

I wouldn't accuse someone of being a wolf for re-evaluating their reads.
Because if xam was a wolf terrabyte would have voted Darryl. Darryl made himself an easy lynch. I do not believe wolf-terrabyte voted wolf-xam over ez-lynch-villager-Darryl.
Septimus Prime said:
At the same time, though, if there is someone getting easily lynched, why wouldn't you throw away your vote on one of your own, when you know there's no risk of him getting lynched?
Yes but Darryl and xam were almost tied for most of the end of the day. I'm not saying my read on xam is infallible but if I were a wolf, xam were a wolf, Darryl is a villager, and xam and Darryl were close in votes, I would have 100% just posted something to the effect of:

"Policy lynching Darryl because he self voted."

It's easy and a seemingly reasonable thing to do. Darryl even said the self vote was a play he is capable of making as a wolf. I don't see a reason for wolves not to capitalize on that if xam were mafia and the votes were close.

unvote

I've been thinking about it, and I agree with *splinter and septimus prime. These two are better off existing for a few more days. If they are both sleepwalkers (and likely town aligned after the dream wolf reveal) then they aren't hurting anyone by living.

I'm going to reread day 1 and try to get a feel on who/why the dream wolf died. If it's a serial killer then it's a threat to town, if it's a VG then likely this murder wasn't telegraphed.
If we have town sleepwalkers, a role that kills upon visit is a threat, too (albeit less so than SK), since our sleepwalkers could also just randomly stumble upon him and get killed.

I agree, in fact I highly doubt they would even attempt it as the Doc(assuming we have one of course) would probably make Drop their first priority save.

Found this quote from say 1, apparently terrabyte (you know the wolf) agrees with most of you on the doctor protecting the sheriff...

So far he really didn't post much day 1, the only thing I can think of is he had one conversation with *splinter on my scumminess. But that doesn't really prove anything one way or another.

Honestly, my guess on his death was dumb luck or switching nonsense. Compared to the sheriff terrabyte dying doesn't make a lot of sense. No indications from anyone on pinging him as scum or otherwise, barely a notice on actions, just blended into the background...

If we have town sleepwalkers, a role that kills upon visit is a threat, too (albeit less so than SK), since our sleepwalkers could also just randomly stumble upon him and get killed.

a role that kills upon being visited. It's possible, but there would be caveats. Just a visit and a death sounds way overpowered no matter the side it's on.

I think those sleepwalker votes are real lazy tbh. Real easy for scum to latch on to without looking anti-town.

Apologies for that. I mentioned earlier that I was backing off ultron but never made it official.

VOTE: GreatLord Tiger

I finally have some time to examine some people in detail and I really don't like this post. I don't like defense that amounts to "I can't be scum because scum would never do x." That doesn't play. It feels like a cheap way for scum to get away with scummy behavior.

Also, on the chance that GLT is scum (which is honestly a shot in the dark at this point), I feel like there would be a lot to unpack in that post. That seems worth a flip to me.

Found this quote from say 1, apparently terrabyte (you know the wolf) agrees with most of you on the doctor protecting the sheriff...

So far he really didn't post much day 1, the only thing I can think of is he had one conversation with *splinter on my scumminess. But that doesn't really prove anything one way or another.

Honestly, my guess on his death was dumb luck or switching nonsense. Compared to the sheriff terrabyte dying doesn't make a lot of sense. No indications from anyone on pinging him as scum or otherwise, barely a notice on actions, just blended into the background...
a role that kills upon being visited. It's possible, but there would be caveats. Just a visit and a death sounds way overpowered no matter the side it's on.
After the last Archer game, I read some Mafia wikis to improve my game, and these types of roles (as well as ones that kill back SKs and mafia who try to kill them) do in fact exist. That's actually how I also knew that Baker was a thing, too.

What I don't know about, though, is what are all the switchers everyone keeps talking about? The wikis all just say a Switch is someone who can turn abilities of different roles off and on (which in itself is super strong), but I don't know if that's what all you guys are referring to.

CzarTim

After the last Archer game, I read some Mafia wikis to improve my game, and these types of roles (as well as ones that kill back SKs and mafia who try to kill them) do in fact exist. That's actually how I also knew that Baker was a thing, too.

What I don't know about, though, is what are all the switchers everyone keeps talking about? The wikis all just say a Switch is someone who can turn abilities of different roles off and on (which in itself is super strong), but I don't know if that's what all you guys are referring to.

Try bus driver, the more common name.

Can't edit, but I believe those roles are called Paranoid (kills anyone who visits him) and Veteran (kills back anyone who tries to kill him. In most versions he also dies, but in some, he doesn't), respectively.

Swamped

Banned
Out of everyone in this game, batsnacks is the one alive who has acted the scummiest and, looking back, a lot of other people scum read him, so I'd be interested just why you think he's been playing in a pro-town way.

The thing is, batsnacks explained why he sheeped Darryl, and I could see where he was coming from. So far, to me, batsnacks feels like someone who is town but playing unconventionally, which is helpful to us I believe. If all townies played the same way, not only would it make this game very boring, it would also allow to wolves to easily play around us.

Sure, batsnacks made that weird snafu regarding 2 wolf kills per night, I guess that could be a wolf slip? It could easily be a townie who wasn't paying super close attention at the time, and he did later correct himself. I personally just don't see it as an intentional lie. I'm wary of those who emphasize this mistake, this is the sort of thing the wolves would want to magnify and paint as anti-town. Speaking of, I'll go back to this incident and try to study the reactions again. I just can't remember if people downplayed his error of if they bolstered it.

25 [f] Swamped[/B]
I feel swamped is playing like she would be as mafia queen. Actively calling out for deputy was weird, and she hasn't done any alliances, which proves she either listens to me (I'm a drunk, she's crazy [in love aww]) or she's not trying to attract so much pointless attention to herself. She's been contributive enough to avoid true heat, but she was also pretty contributive in those games she was mafia queen. When I see more alarming red flags be raised, I'll push on her....INTO THE VILLAGE WELL!

Awwww :3

But please, no village well D:

Will only respond to votes to me in the other thread from now on.

Ahahahaha! I really missed this CzarTim humor while you were away when your house was exploding.

Just so people don't miss this, he just role claimed.

Thanks KK, I actually kinda missed that part of GLT's post. I wasn't completely sure of my vote on him before, but my gut says he's telling the truth. He didn't have to role claim this early though, there's still a lot of time for people to change votes, and he only had two on him. I will most likely vote elsewhere.

---

It is highly unlikely that I will vote for these people during D2 (these are hotly contested people so far):

1. batsnacks - see above
2. GLT (btw, I didn't think you came across as asshole-ish at all, not even sure where you got that from lol!)
3. Xam - yeah, you heard me. I think it's extremely unlikely that Xam is a wolf. Would he really claim to be a sleepwalker, knowing that one of his wolf buddies actually is one? Does this really sound like a plan that Terra and Xam discussed beforehand? I guess there's the possibility that wolf-Xam went rogue, but I really don't see it.
4. StarSketch - I dunno, she just reads like a frustrated town to me
5. Dave - I love me some almond croissants

Other people I wanted to bring up:

CornBro - I see him as town, he contributes in his own cornbro way which I like. I see Splinter, KK and GLT are looking at him fairly closely, maybe there's something there. Just wanted to add what I thought

Anyway, here's my vote:

VOTE: Timeaisis

I know he responded to me, but his top scum list just felt off. It had 3 very easy targets in it, even though many others are also behaving suspiciously.

cabot

Can't edit, but I believe those roles are called Paranoid (kills anyone who visits him) and Veteran (kills back anyone who tries to kill him. In most versions he also dies, but in some, he doesn't), respectively.

Some of these roles will be from Town of Salem as well, a mafia game that has a few twists on the vanilla roles. For instance, in Woof 1 we had a jailor, and it was structured exactly how it was in Salem. This meant the jailor could execute his jailed target and chat to them, which I think is unique, as they usually just jail and roleblock you.

Veterans don't die when they kill back either, they tend to be multi shot 'alert' statuses which, when activated, kill anyone who visits them.

But enough of this, this isnt Mafia 101.

Why hasn't Makai answered my question, and why did QB answer the question which I specifically asked Makai?

cabot

It could seem mighty suspicious if you went to someone's house, and that someone was also visited by a killing role the same night, and that someone died.
Additionally, I also am a Sleepwalker. Somnambulism FTW

So CB specifically picked up on this, but i don't remember him referencing the post. I double checked this and it's in Terra's PM.

I believe Xam is sleepwalker for definite now, My head tells me he wouldn't be so damn stupid as to openly claim it as scum.

That leaves ultron. If we ever want to lynch a sleepwalker, I will go for ultron first.

cabot

Last, reasons I'm not scum:
1.Palmer confirmed that TB had access to the scum chat. If I was scum, I too would have access to the chat. Why would we vote at the exact same time on the exact same person. Like wouldn't this raise some alarm bells for some of you? (I mean maybe it doesn't since I don't think anyone has brought it up yet.)I would think we would distance ourselves and not create some thing that would link us together.(TBF this reason could also probably be used to prove I'm scum. In which case, their you go there's a freebie.)
2. My wagon comment. If this was a gambit, why would I choose one that can do nothing but hurt me? First, as seen by the I think 4? people that brought this comment as suspicion against me, I just added so much unnecessary heat to myself. Why would I do that? Second, there are like 20+ other people who didn't vote for Darrly why would me announcing that make me better than those people. Third, their is no possible way I could know Darrly was town even if I was scum. In all likely hood their are probably neutrals this game(their was last game and with a even bigger game their is probably some here too) What if Darrly was neutral? I just screwed myself all for a gambit that wouldn't help me at all.

1. Please don't use timing as a reason why you may or may not be scum. It's not credible at all.
2. I think I'm being extremely generous here when I say there are at most 3 neutrals in this game. You also seem to imply killing a neutral is a bad thing? A neutral could be anti-scum, so it means nothing.

I think you're town (claiming was shit, dont do it unless you have to), but those reasons were ass.

cabot

Dave, that better be fluff smfh

I think Dave is serious and this game ends with most of us starving to death.

Dave is a complete idiot but we need him. Voting for him is anti-town.

I just found these posts, ordered from least to most recent, which went by me on first go round because I didn't know about the Baker role, but obviously now they kind of clear up Makai 'soft claiming' (as in he didn't). He was hinting at Dave being baker quite early.

Don't know why you believed something as crazy powerful as Baker in the form you posted would be in this game, but that's not particularly suspicious.

Dead on leads.

Top Bottom