• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Werewolf |OT| Was it all just a Dream?

CzarTim

I've by no means been on my A game so far but that case is trash and I hate that I have to type a single word in response when you know it's trash.

CzarTim

Why do you want to spare the sleepwalkers, do you believe they're both town?

I suspect so, yes. One could be neutral, but I doubt it.

More importantly we learn nothing from their flips unless one is scum. We'll either go "huh, I guess they were telling the truth" or "huh, I guess one was neutral after-all."

The risk is two mislynches that scum get to float through and the gain is finding out if they're telling the truth, which is useless unless one has an anti-town win-condition.

I said the votes on them were lazy because very few people were using things beyond the claim as their case. I'm assuming people agreed since most unvoted?

I explained this in the posts you quoted.

cabot

What if one was scum, was decided to be the designated killer, TB told his role in scum chat and the killer decided to claim it up front to throw investigations off him?

TB couldn't kill so he could not be the killer straight off.

cabot

If the claim failed, TB would be activated as a full wolf, and I assume they either have 6 or 7 scum (I think TB could be an extra due to his restriction), so there was little damage.

If it succeeded, the scum has bought multiple nights of killing with 'tainted' or no investigations.

cabot

I mean sure, that could be it. How often are those grand conspiracies real though?

It's hardly a super convoluted plan. What was town's benefit to claiming up front?

ultron's reasoning was 'oh i went from sk to sleepwalker and wasnt thinking'.

Dire reasoning.

cabot

I've decided I've had enough and I'm going to RP only from now on.

I'm now the village butcher, I offer sheep leg for half price on Wednesdays,

Please enjoy.

CzarTim

Probably because you asked me a question I had already answered and then accused someone who is not me of being scum with a grand plan while voting for me instead, fam.

If I flipped scum would you lynch ultron? If ultron flipped scum would you lynch me?

cabot

Probably because you asked me a question I had already answered and then accused someone who is not me of being scum with a grand plan while voting for me instead, fam.

If I flipped scum would you lynch ultron? If ultron flipped scum would you lynch me?

I voted for you instead because I'm unsure of you. The ultron thing was an idea in my head, sorry for wanting to know what someone else thought of it. I'll just keep quiet like the rest of these fools instead, shall I?

I'd look into you as a valid option if ultron flipped scum. Right now I'm not sure if you're scum, I'm also getting neutral vibes.

*Splinter

I thought TB could view the scum chat but not post in it? He couldn't share his role, unless I'm mistaken

Anyhoo, I don't have any strong feeling on Tim. I couldn't argue against lynching him but to be honest I'd probably suspect him more if he was being more obviously pro-town... I know he's capable of faking that, and I think he'd be more careful to do so if he were scum.

cabot

It's not in the Role PM, but it's not meant to be hidden either. TB did have access to scum forum.

Nothing in his PM says anything about being limited in chat, and this post from Palmer is the only other thing about it, I read it to mean he was normal scum.

CzarTim

I voted for you instead because I'm unsure of you. The ultron thing was an idea in my head, sorry for wanting to know what someone else thought of it. I'll just keep quiet like the rest of these fools instead, shall I?

I'd look into you as a valid option if ultron flipped scum. Right now I'm not sure if you're scum, I'm also getting neutral vibes.

I don't need you or anyone to think I'm town. I know I'm town. This idea that people need to prove their town is dumb considering how easy it is to fake. Easier to fake than to do it for real, in fact.

cabot

I don't need you or anyone to think I'm town. I know I'm town. This idea that people need to prove their town is dumb considering how easy it is to fake. Easier to fake than to do it for real, in fact.

That's nice, I don't think you're town so I voted on you.

Anything else really obvious you want to say

cabot

posting jk after saying it clearly shows you're in fact not kidding and you are the fourth sleepwalker.

Sleepwalk me into hell.

The problem with Makai is if he were scum surely they'd just NK Dave? Either Dave and Makai are both scum or neither are.

Admittedly Makai's actions don't make much more sense if he's town either. Could be a neutral survivor baiting the scum into ending the game early... but did he seriously believe a Baker was in the game? I think it was just a dumb/weird town play

No, in scum Makai case they never actually believe Dave is Baker.

cabot

Can I have Tim call me trash again instead of the baker nonsense.

Please, please no more baker.

I hate Lollipop Dave for what he has done to me.

Basically I dont think both are scum. Instead I think:

1. Dave RP'ed as Baker, and Makai capitalized on that to try and instill fear in town. If anything it would draw some town PR (doctor/tracker/watcher) to Dave for a night. Oh and we know both teams have sleepwalkers, which means both teams probably have watchers. So all they need to do is watch Dave one night after his claim and get a nice list of PR.

Actually... with that in mind they have a lot to gain by Dave RP'ing So both may indeed me scum.

2. Makai really did think a Baker was real.

Idk something doesn't make sense.

VOTE: Makai

I guess Neutral or Scum.

cabot

Dave has barely posted in recent days yet we still talk about this Baker.

I equally blame Makai and QB because they both brought up Baker as a role.

You're all fuckin' heathens.

CzarTim

Cabot. the problem with your case is there's nothing there to defend against. You quote some fluff / joke posts and say you don't like them. Okay? Why does that make me scum?

You quote my sleepwalker posts then write a big thing on why I might make them, and it's like a bunch of people agreed with that post so what are you even talking about? Your conclusion on those posts were "could be wrong, right, or scum." No shit.

You quote some posts that you agree with, so that makes me scum.

I comment on the Makai thing with the truth, which is he makes dumb plays like that all the time and putting logic behind those actions is not going anywhere. Mak is a legible blarg. I have no idea how to alignment read him, could go either way. How does commenting on that make me scum?

You quote an early day one vote a Swamped as if early day one votes are not to gauge a reaction? She's the best scum player in GAFia of course I'd want to see how she reacted. She (understandably) got tied up with rl, so I dropped it. I am still not sold on her alignment either way. How does an early day one vote make me scum?

Yeah I called TB scummy, then I gave him (and most of the game) a free pass thanks to the holiday. Obviously I regret that. How does this make me scum?

So yeah, trash case.

Dave has barely posted in recent days yet we still talk about this Baker.

I equally blame Makai and QB because they both brought up Baker as a role.

You're all fuckin' heathens.

When I talk about the Baker I dont even mean that I think the baker is real. But Makai wanted us to think it was real. Or he somehow actually thought it was real.

Both he and Dave haven't spoken much today. But then again that's true for most of the players.

cabot

1)Cabot. the problem with your case is there's nothing there to defend against. You quote some fluff / joke posts and say you don't like them. Okay? Why does that make me scum?

2)You quote my sleepwalker posts then write a big thing on why I might make them, and it's like a bunch of people agreed with that post so what are you even talking about? Your conclusion on those posts were "could be wrong, right, or scum." No shit.

3)You quote some posts that you agree with, so that makes me scum.

4)I comment on the Makai thing with the truth, which is he makes dumb plays like that all the time and putting logic behind those actions is not going anywhere. Mak is a legible blarg. I have no idea how to alignment read him, could go either way. How does commenting on that make me scum?

5)You quote an early day one vote a Swamped as if early day one votes are not to gauge a reaction? She's the best scum player in GAFia of course I'd want to see how she reacted. She (understandably) got tied up with rl, so I dropped it. I am still not sold on her alignment either way. How does an early day one vote make me scum?

6)Yeah I called TB scummy, then I gave him (and most of the game) a free pass thanks to the holiday. Obviously I regret that. How does this make me scum?

So yeah, trash case.

1) Well you confirming they were fluff / jokes is nice. I honestly assumed that, but assuming things bite you in the ass in this game, all the fucking time. So confirming this is useful.

2) Well it's a topic of discussion and I went through reasons in my head why you want to keep them alive, you further clarified. Again, removing my assumption and adding your own opinion, which is better for me to work with.

3) Any case should be as balanced as possible, I don't agree with you on leaving the sleepwalkers alone, but I did agree with you on Darryl. Would you want me just to point it things screaming you're scum without attempting to cover all points you've made, regardless of alignment they carry?

4) See? This is a valid reason. Makai gonna Mak is a fucking shit reason. I've never played with Makai before and I would have liked this sentence at the beginning, not now after me pointing it out.

5) Again, confirming what your motive was for this vote, which wasn't made clear. I can assume it was a prod and nothing more, but you didn't specifically say that and again, assumptions make asses.

6) Eh, this was an aside. I was more surprised that i remember a few people calling TB scummy/suspicious but in the end he received no votes. Something to note.

I genuinely feel better about you now, and I got some answers to my questions with you going through the 'trash' case.

Give me a break, Tim. Nothing else was going on in this thread, this was a beneficial exercise now you actually went through my post. Which is exactly what I said I hoped you would do.

cabot

Actually,

VOTE: Lollipop Dave

I want you to elaborate on that read list, moreso than 'agree' or 'disagree' since you went against Splinter on some people. I want reasons why you differ in opinion.

Burbeting

Banned
I hate YOU, buddy.

Sent by Sorian

1368234340713.jpg

Makai

Makai, I'm not sure why you tried to bring up the baker thing. Did you truly think that role was in the game? If you did, why on earth state it outright and make Dave an even larger night target? Frankly I don't think you AND Dave are scum. That would be a very risky gambit for seemingly little payoff. But if Dave is town and you are mafia, that means Dave just happened to RP a very panic inducing mafia role. But believing that is coincidental is difficult to do. I feel that perhaps it is more likely that you both are town, or that Dave is mafia (and chose to RP a role that would be hard for town to lynch) and you are town who fell for his shtick.
Meanwhile, cabot and others speculated that Dave and I were Masons and demanded I confirm. What do you think of that? If Dave or I are priority targets, it's their fault. Role-fishing is the goto tactic for new scum and often ends in disaster when Town tries it. I just said, "don't lynch this guy."

I was convinced of Dave's role because he was literally claiming in every post. I thought a Day 1 lynch was probable so I intervened. I explained how Baker role usually works on Day 2. This precluded Dave from an early night kill because wolves should also be vulnerable to starvation.

I'm less sure of Dave now and I may have stuck my neck out for nothing. But that's how the last two days went down. I don't trust cabot at all.

cabot

Meanwhile, cabot and others speculated that Dave and I were Masons and demanded I confirm. What do you think of that? If Dave or I are priority targets, it's their fault. Role-fishing is the goto tactic for new scum and often ends in disaster when Town tries it. I just said, "don't lynch this guy."

I was convinced of Dave's role because he was literally claiming in every post. I thought a Day 1 lynch was probable so I intervened. I explained how Baker role usually works on Day 2. This precluded Dave from an early night kill because wolves should also be vulnerable to starvation.

I'm less sure of Dave now and I may have stuck my neck out for nothing. But that's how the last two days went down. I don't trust cabot at all.

I didnt chase the claim until after N1 where it was suspicious you were still alive. Your main comment leaning to a mason role was hardly subtle and was mentioned a few times.

The lack of trust is mutual, considering you completely misquoted me in your big post. There's scumminess there.

cabot

also specifically naming me and not the others now feels like you're actively pushing me for lynch against the others.

CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

GreatLord Tiger (3)
Burbeting .1280
Swamped .1307 .1442
Rats Off To Ya .1437
MattyG .1546

CornBurrito (3)
kingkitty .1209
*Splinter .1255 .1386
GreatLord Tiger .1379
CzarTim .1503

Timeaisis (2)
CornBurrito .1414 .1499
Swamped .1442
FluxWaveZ .1547

Lollipop Dave (2)
FluxWaveZ .1240 .1547
Septimus Prime .1312
cabot .1587

Makai (1)
QuantumBro .1123 .1135
CornBurrito .1251 .1414
CornBurrito .1578

CzarTim (1)
Style .1409
cabot .1550 .1583

Xamtheking (1)
Boo Boo'n .1063
Zippedpinhead .1372 .1431
MattyG .1382 .1428

Boo Boo'n (1)
Fireblend .1342

ultron87 (1)
Rats Off To Ya .1069 .1437
QuantumBro .1351

StarSketch (1)
batsnacks .1094
Swamped .1109 .1268
Swamped .1268 .1307

cabot (1)
Makai .1124

Zippedpinhead (0)
*Splinter .1155 .1255

Fireblend (0)
cabot .1322 .1344
CornBurrito .1511 .1578

Septimus Prime (0)
Fireblend .1121 .1342

Style (0)
cabot .1073 .1322
cabot .1583 .1587

MattyG (0)
CrimsonFist .1352 .1394

RobotNinjaHornets (0)
cabot .1344 .1459

Trigger (0)
cabot .1459 .1550

No active vote for Day 2:
*Splinter (has previously voted)
CrimsonFist (has previously voted)
Lollipop Dave
StarSketch
Timeaisis
Trigger
ultron87
Xamtheking
Zippedpinhead (has previously voted)

Day 2 ends:
red_1449248400.png

cabot

No Voters:

Lollipop Dave
StarSketch
Timeaisis
ultron87
Xamtheking

Shame on you all. It's D2, using your vote to prod/pressure is expected.

cabot

I'm considering GLT for my final vote, I know I said I thought he was town, but upon reflection, there was a lot of uselessness in that big post and sheer anti-town play with claiming as well.

Makai

Here's what you said

So drop died. I would be incredibly surprised if s doctor didn't try to protect him last night considering he was the only confirmed town and a good target for any half witted doctor. So that points to three things:

1. There is no doctor
2. The doctor was switched/blocked
3. Doctor self healed, which is shocking play since drop was confirmed town.

And here's what I said

cabot looks really bad right now. Like, what the hell? You don't speculate roles on Day 1. Now, he's asking me to confirm his Mason theory. In no way is role-fishing this early beneficial to Town and it's an enormous scumtell. Werewolves know the alignment of everyone, but not their roles. It's difficult to fake suspicion of other players but it's much easier to make posts like "hmmm, there can't be a doctor." That's exactly what you'd be saying in the Wolf chat so it's easy to repeat yourself in the main thread.

The intent was that you're spending the early game speculating on roles. This might be my surest scumtell. I've seen new scum do it every game . You took it a step further and demanded I confirm your theory. I don't see how this strategy could lead to anything but disaster for Town.

In your favor:
You'd certainly look worse if this was all you've done, but you've contributed traditional reads. I thought you were the first to float Masons but I just noticed that it was Style.

Top Bottom