• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the biggest "holy crap!" moment you're expecting from E3?

boyshine

First Nintendo will talk about the new Zelda, then they'll announce Twilight Princess HD for Q4, then they'll announce that TPHD isn't the only Zelda-game coming this year, revealing Majora's Mask 3D.. and THEN when people think they won't get to see it.. a trailer for Zelda U + playable demo on the show floor - and worldwide from the Nintendo eShop - right now!

Sorry. I like fantasy predictions more than what I really expect.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
I'm expecting TLG to be there, not sure it'd be a holy crap moment since I'm expecting it to be there, unless it looks way better than it.. used to?

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
* Not sure about "holy crap", but an announcement of a 3DS successor might turn heads. It'll be based on the WiiU architecture and it will interact with the WiiU in various ways.

* Kinect-less Xbox One announcement with price drop and bundled games.

* Valve announces Left 4 Dead 3.

StuBurns

Banned
I hope Valve sends out press invites with just the number three on them, and the conference is just a Threes clone for cell phones.

Rare: We're making games again.

Honestly besides Perfect Dark Zero, I liked their output on 360. Even Banjo: Nuts and Bolts was somewhat enjoyable for what it was. Their Kinect games just ain't for me though.

Do people seriously think the 3DS successor will be announced, considering we have releases into next year already, and it's only recently become profitable?

Next year, sure, why not. This year's far too early, though.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
How could it not on PS4?
I don't know why, but I'm not expecting it to look that much better. It already looked amazing, something tells me Sony aren't willing to put much effort into it, just moving it to the PS4 as is (resolution bump/IQ aside).

Hoje0308

Banned
Uncharted 4 looking jaw dropping

I don't know why, but I'm not expecting it to look that much better. It already looked amazing, something tells me Sony aren't willing to put much effort into it, just moving it to the PS4 as is (resolution bump/IQ aside).

The length of the delay mean anything other than a total rework will leave people feeling disappointed after the initial shock wears off. If it were a simple port job, they wouldn't need to wait until Knack got pushed out to resume production (or was that just a rumor?).

Wasn't there an insider a while back that said FF7 Remake is planned and is in the very early stages of development/pre-development with the possibility of it not being console exclusive? Combine this with Microsoft probably wanting to come in and out of E3 swinging....good lord, could you imagine?

I think MS is going to go nuts this E3 and try and win back some trust so I expect some good things from them.

Other then that.

Valve? They are probably due a new game. I would not be shocked if Half Life 3 is a VR exclusive for PC and Morpheus. Valve are probably the only studio who have the money to do a AAA VR exclusive.

Would not be shocked if we hear something about new hardware from Nintendo.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I generally don't go crazy with something if I expected it.
Expecting something goes side-by-side with anticipating something. I'm expecting Halo and Zelda to be shown and I'm excited as hell for then.

yuraya

A $299 steam machine gets announced. More powerful than PS4 and bone.

MS drops bone price to $399

MS moneyhats new Star Wars game

Morpheus, Oculus, and whatever MS has been working on gets a release date/price.

Ubisoft shows off PVP gameplay from The Division.

EA retires Battlefield games

Activision retires Call of duty games

Bethesda shows new RPG game.

EA/DICE shows Battlefront gameplay

Gaben announces HL3 which will come with BETA code for TF3

Final Fantasy XV

Super Mario Galaxy 3

Ni No Kuni 2

Dark Souls 3/Demon's Souls 2/New IP from FROM

Uncharted 4

New Ratchet and Clank Game (unlikely, due to Sunset Overdrive)

New Pokemon Game

Kriken

For Nintendo, Zelda living up to expectations or a Smash trailer with a surprise 3rd party character reveal. I guess a release window for FF XV or KH 3 would also be a "holy crap" moment as well

Golden_Sun_3DS.jpg

2417254-1948698609-Advan.jpg

Fallout-4-rumors-possibile-trailer-screen-logo.jpg

Kaswa101

I fully expect Uncharted 4 to blow me away, so that doesn't count. I'm gonna go with:

BioShock 4 announced for PS4 exclusively, as well as news on the Vita game; Crash Bandicoot Reboot announced for PS4.

Insomniac Games booked for more exclusive games with MS; Titanfall 2 exclusive to Xbone. No PC or X360 version either.

Jb

I don't think we're gonna get any real megaton this year. Microsoft's exclusive Platinum game, the new Zelda or a re-reveal of the Last Guardian are the closest we'll probably see.
I don't even think we'll get a gameplay demo for either Uncharted 4 or Halo 5 since they'll most certainly be 2nd half of 2015 games.
I would also expect Bethesda to announce Fallout 4 on their own terms, and not during either of the conferences.

spekkeh

Banned
Nintendo's QoL thing. No clue what it is, or whether they're going to show it off, but it's bound to be endlessly interesting.

Top Bottom