• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the biggest "holy crap!" moment you're expecting from E3?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Aonuma already said that when they show Zelda U off at first people won't realize it is Zelda until the end but that everyone will understand the direction.
That gets me super hyped.
Whoa, really? Can you link to where he said that? I'm not saying you're wrong, I just want to read more!

Jagsrock

Banned
-New Metroid
-Zelda WiiU artstyle/graphics
-Smash 4 Wii U Demo release along with "We are also happy to announce that the smash for 3ds will be out next week!"

SiDCrAzY

GAF's servers to hold

iQM1OOrCQufTS.gif

schaft0620

I have been getting really annoyed with all of the big games at E3 because, they are always years away and never look like the demos that are shown. With that said Half Life 3 for sure I know Valve won't show it off until its ready and I think this is the year.

choodi

Banned
The collective 'holy crap' when the gaming community realises that every single game from the big publishers is a safe sequel, franchise expansion or shooter.

ClearData

I'd be surprised if Valve started doing a regular conference now that the have the Steam machines. It'd be an insta-win if Gabe trotted out with a finalized console and a HL3 announcement, maybe a Left for Dead 3.

Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, Valve, what a line up.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
There's nothing in that article that's quite like what ArchedThunder mentioned. The closest I could find (on IGN) was this:

"So, by no means, am I tired of it," Aonuma added. "Rather, the more we change it, the more I get fired up. Having someone think 'Huh? Is this Zelda?!' at first, then 'Oh, it is Zelda,' is what we're going for. Something that wouldn't make it matter whether Link or Princess Zelda appear in it or not. Something where it wouldn't even matter if Zelda is actually a princess, or not."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/03/zelda-producer-excited-for-change-in-the-series

That stuff about Link or Zelda not appearing in the game is weird...

clintar

The Last Guardian coming out Today for PS3, up-rezzed version on PS4 running at 60 fps, support for Project Morpheus to be added later, cross buy, cross save with multiplayer component, heh. Well, maybe some slick demos for Project Morpheus.

Kirye

I want something from the new consoles to actually wow me. No new shooting games, I don't care about those anymore. I need something revolutionary! Last Guardian, Shadow of the Colossus 2, Ogre Battle 65.

FFXV to come out on 5/15/2015.

Zelda Wii U/ Metroid U in glorious HD.

Star Fox made by Platinum Games.

Pokemon MMO.

Make my dreams come true plis.

UrbanRats

Something unexpected happening is not the only time I say "Holy crap".

If i'm expecting it, i'm prepared for it, so i wouldn't say "Holy Crap!".
If Sony shows Uncharted, i'm not gonna say Holy Crap, unless Uncharted has some really unexpected element about it.

Though i guess you could argue that, say, Uncharted looks so good that it'll make me go "Holy Crap" even though it's expected to look good, but i don't expect that to happen.

Waiting to see the direction Zelda goes.

Miyamoto showing off his new IP

Shenmue 3 and Fallout 4 being announced. Those are my system sellers for Sony and Microsoft.

Lumyst

I'll definitely say "holy crap" when we see how many resources Nintendo is putting towards its non-wearable thing.

It'll be awkward if that new building they made was just for their QOL hardware plans. If QOL flops then what'll they have those engineers make next? Put them all on traditional gaming hardware? But on topic I'm looking forward to seeing what Nintendo does with the NFC chip, maybe it'll be some sort of addictive collectible card game.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Either one of the below I will leave E3 with a smile on my face:

- Reveal of Zelda Wii U
- Trailer of Final Fantasy XV
- Trailer of X
- Advance Wars IP revival
- Star Tropics IP revival
- Golden Sun IP revival
- FE X SMT trailer

They will all come true. Believe

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Microsoft announces the formation of 2 or 3 first party studios that will all be working on new AAA IP with the first of which coming out early 2016.

Nintendo shows Zelda and one revival of an old classic.

Sony does the Indie Eight again. But this time, all of the games are old IP handed off to independent developers.

Nintendo finally reveals the new Zelda for Wii U but shocks everyone by making it a top down Zelda.

Uncharted PS4 gameplay shown. Blows aways everything previously seen in the series. People can't believe it wasn't a cutscene.

Square-Enix shows the trailer for FF XII HD. Followed by KH II HD and then a new FF XV trailer with a release date popping up at the end.

Microsoft has trailers for the new Halo and Gears of War. Announces that the next Resident Evil will be out on the Xbone first. Then finally announce whatever Mistwalker has been working on and the new exclusive from Platinum.

Ryu751

Banned
Right now Uncharted and Halo would get the blood moving. I hope I don't know the holy crap moment as I sit here. Last year it was 399 PS4 for sure.

vivftp

Maybe another thing that could illicit a "holy crap" from me would be if Sony finally announces a Playstation phone.

E3 is the logical place to debut such a device, if it exists.

Arkam

What I'm hoping to see:

- Uncharted 4 trailer (with gameplay) and release date (late fall)
- Half-Life 3 announcement
- The Getaway 3 announcement
- Forza Horizon 2
- The Division gameplay, running on PS4
- PES 2015 (blowing FIFA out of the water, and with amazing visuals)
- New IPs obviously

What I'm expecting to see:

- A couple of new interesting IP's and not really much else. Hope I'm wrong and that I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Which part of this is "holy crap"? This seems like pretty much standard expectations.
All of those could happen and I would not even take notice.

Go_Ly_Dow

FFXV looks like it could be the GOAT. Release estimate given and coming sooner than expected.

The Last Guardian Coming this holiday to PS4. Nown looks mind blowing.

Sony 3rd party relations brinig over Yakuza 5/and or Isshin, along with FF Type-0.,

Top Bottom