• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the worst Nintendo developed game?

eXistor

The fuck at people saying Kid Icarus. Both the original and Uprising are classics! I genuinely love the original btw, I don't really feel it's outdated, very fun to this day. Still have to play the GB game.

SM239

Urban Champion gets my vote. Seriously... Out of all the games to get the 3D classics treatment why did they choose Urban Champion?

MikeOxbig

It's interesting how absolutely forgettable recent bad Nintendo games are. Not just because they're bad, but they're not even remembered for being bad... just not remembered at all.

None of the games you listed were developed by Nintendo.

- Pokemon Channel - Ambrella
- Pokepark - Creatures Inc.
- Flingsmash - Artoon
- DK Barrel Blast - Paon
- Warioware Snapped - Intelligent Systems
- Pokemon Dash - Ambrella
- Wario Master of Disguise - Suzak Inc.
- Wii Play Motion - skip, Artoon, Good-Feel, Chunsoft, others

Mael

the worst game made by Nintendo would be Metroid Other M without a doubt.

Ice Climber is nice for what it is, I mean it's pretty much an arcade game from the 80's you don't expect much anyway.
M:OM is really the worst, it's boring it's got shitty gameplay and if not for its absurdly bad value it would probably be the lest memorable game ever.

There's literally no game you can throw that was made by people at Nintendo that I find worse.
Star Fox Assault, Adventure and Command are really better.
Their entire NES catalog is more worthy of my time.
Their SNES catalog is awesome,
same with n64.
Wii only have Wiimusic that's rather shitty and WiiU is actually good.
So yeah Other M.

Gravidee

the worst game made by Nintendo would be Metroid Other M without a doubt.

Ice Climber is nice for what it is, I mean it's pretty much an arcade game from the 80's you don't expect much anyway.
M:OM is really the worst, it's boring it's got shitty gameplay and if not for its absurdly bad value it would probably be the lest memorable game ever.

There's literally no game you can throw that was made by people at Nintendo that I find worse.
Star Fox Assault, Adventure and Command are really better.
Their entire NES catalog is more worthy of my time.
Their SNES catalog is awesome,
same with n64.
Wii only have Wiimusic that's rather shitty and WiiU is actually good.
So yeah Other M.

Other M even though some view it as a bad game can't be anywhere near the worst developed title by Nintendo.

Bricky

Wii Play was nothing special, but it was essentially a free pack-in when buying a second Wii Remote.

I should be surprised to see Super Mario Galaxy mentioned, but then again; this is NeoGAF.

CANLI

I'll go with Urban champions. Why ninty bothered to make a 3d classic of this shit?
Back in '90, I finished Ice climbers twice or three times (also loved it) but when I want to play it now, I can't do it. How did I finished this anti-gameplay game?

LaserHawk

My list:

- Ice Climbers
- Urban Champion
- Demolition Crew
- Gyromite

These were "transitioning out of the Atari era" games. They're simple, don't control well, and never get any deeper.

I'm also not remarkably fond of Balloon Fight. But it's quite a bit more playable than those four.

Makonero

I was pretty seriously disappointed with Wii Party U. Between Smash, Mario Kart and Nintendoland, I have enough party games that are actually fun.

Pudge

Super Mario Galaxy.

I couldn't stand the white outline.
Every end boss was the same and the menus were weird.

818.gif

That was the funniest thing I've read all day. Thanks.

- Pokepark

Oh wow. I totally forgot that was even a thing. What a horrible, horrible game that is.

NeoGAF. People are fucking trolling with nonsense answers.

I usually consider myself a Nintendo fanboy, although I never really understood the term until how.

The mental leaps being performed in defense of KIU controls is mind boggling.

Don't agree with someone? Obviously their trolling
Think the controls are crap? Obviously they weren't doing it right. "Afterall, I didn't have a problem with the controls herpaderp".

There's a reason every single review mentions the difficulty of the controls. Even the most positive reviews talked about it. So it's not like this is something people are saying just to shit on the game.

I've never played Urban Champion, so I'm not going to consider it. And no, i'm not going to judge a game based on youtube videos.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者

- Flingsmash - Artoon
- DK Barrel Blast - Paon

Wii Play Motion was developed by Nintendo. They programmed one of the mini-games (teeter target), and also programmed the UI / infrastructure for the other mini-games contributed by the contributing developers.

Pokemon Channel is similar in that Nintendo developed several of the mini-games (Pokemon Tetris, Snorlax Lunch Time, etc).

Then you get into a bigger argument of Nintendo being the production unit of all the games listed.

Further, Nintendo needs to be able to be held accountable for the things that they allow to come into existence. Snapped may be made by Intelligent Systems, for instance, but Intelligent Systems is an extremely close partner to Nintendo, and only makes Nintendo games. It's also manned by former Nintendo employees.

Yoshi's Story is certainly their most dissapointing game. Urban Champ is probably their worst... which is saying something because most company's worst games as old as Nintendo aren't even really playable.

Mael

Other M even though some view it as a bad game can't be anywhere near the worst developed title by Nintendo.

From what I've played it far and away the worst.
Nothing I've played by them is in any way worse.
Every other game they did either accomplished more or failed less.
There's no other game they made that took itself so seriously and was with such a shitty story (yep even SFAssault, and Command was clearly tongue in cheek, bad but still).
The controls were at times workable and at times beyond shite.
The gfx were serviceable if a disgrace for what a Wii could do (as evidence by say the other Metroid games or SMG or SMG2 or NSMBW or MKWii or Zelda...any of them).
The music is actually worse than the shit you can pull off in WiiMusic.

No seriously it's by far the worst they did.
Given the choice of playing this and any other game, I'd take the other game 100% of the time.

In order to approach this fairly, I considered the quality of game compared to the time it came out. NES games will, on the whole, not have held up well but for their time they may not be so bad and to be honest, I grew up in the UK so NES was not a major gaming platform over here in the 80s so any NES games I played were years later.

Anyways, having thought this through, and based on games that I've played myself, my answer is: Yoshis Story on N64.

Its basically a game designed around needing a second analogue stick.

... There's no way on earth you've touched Kid Icarus Uprising if you think it was designed around a second stick. That's just the most incorrect statement anybody can possibly say about the game.

Mael

... There's no way on earth you've touched Kid Icarus Uprising if you think it was designed around a second stick. That's just the most incorrect statement anybody can possibly say about the game.

It's pretty much designed for a second stick in the same way Virtua Cop is designed for analog stick control.

entremet

- Flingsmash - Artoon
- DK Barrel Blast - Paon
Intelligent Systems is Nintendo, breh.

It's pretty much designed for a second stick in the same way Virtua Cop is designed for analog stick control.
Man, just... no. It is designed around constant camera control, that's correct, but stick wouldn't be precise enough without significant modifications to everything.

funkypie

Banned
Played some Mario game on the SNES where you Answer hard fucking questions. I mean what 6 year old kid knows dick about gravity. I liked Mario but the game was too hard.

Threads like this are perfect for troll baits.

[Insert game everyone loves as worst game ever here to spark outrage]

This is old as fuck.

But serious answer to this thread:

- Urban Champion
- Hey You Pikachu
- Pokémon Channel
- Mario Pinball Land
- Wii Music

Many of the NES games mentions here are probably from people who only started playing it's games many years after it's prime. So yes, many of it's games, especially from it's early years, will look like shit. But by that time, they were a lot of fun. People saying Ice Climbers, Pinball, Clu Clu Land are bad games has absolute no idea on what they are talking about, those games were a lot of fun when they came out. Sure, if you play them for the first time in 2006 beyond, they'll look like shit, no doubt, they'll look outdated as fuck, but anyone who played them back in day, when they came out, can easily disagree with this.

Toxi

Banned
Metroid Other M is irredeemably awful.

There are probably worse games with controls that make them hard to play, but I doubt any Nintendo game can piss me off as much as Other M.
- Urban Champion
- Hey You Pikachu
- Pokémon Channel
- Mario Pinball Land
- Wii Music
Pokemon Channel and Hey You Pikachu weren't developed by Nintendo.

I heard Mario Pinball Land was dreadful though. Surprising considering how good the other Nintendo Pinball games are.

STUNT RACE FX / WILDTRAX

I remember reading bad review of this game back in 94, almost unplayable because of the extremely low frame rate.

344966-stunt_race_fx.gif

StarFox Command comes to mind for me. Utter trash, became unplayable. Im sure there are worse but from what I have played I say this one takes the cake.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
http://www.intsys.co.jp/english/

Wikipedia is generally wrong about a lot of this stuff. It used to call HAL Labs a subsidiary of Nintendo (it might still say so).

Wikipedia wasn't wrong. Nintendo used to own a stake in HAL Laboratory around the late 90s-2000s, but sold the shares back to the company. I think it was a few years into Iwata joining Nintendo. Nintendo and HAL still co-own Warpstar, which basically was a Kirby licensing company for animation and toys.

Nintendo used to own a majority stake in TEC. Co., Ltd, which was tied into Intelligent Systems Co., Ltd. Intelligent Systems was also physically situated inside the Nintendo Kyoto Research Institute until just last year, when they finally moved into a different building.

Aside from the above, both companies are heavily tied into some specific contractual agreement of exclusive first-party development for the company for development tools and software development.

tengiants

GAF makes me feel awful because I actually liked the controls in KIU.

If I didn't have carpal tunnel in my left arm, I would love them too. I just can't press the L button comfortably because of nerve issues. I love the 3d but have to turn it off because the way I need to rotate through playing positions to make sure the pain doesn't get too bad. I couldn't finish the game because the controls physically hurt me but I'll be back once the new 3ds comes out here in the US, because I do really like the precision the stylus gives you, flying or not.

I would love a Wii U remaster with Wiimote controls. I think it almost sounds like the GOAT.

illadelph

I like Ice Climber and Clu Clu Land. And Balloon Fight is awesome.

So Urban Champion I guess.

EDIT: No, wait....it's definitely this piece of shit:

10-yard-fight-usa-europe.png

Zing

Banned
I like Ice Climber and Clu Clu Land. And Balloon Fight is awesome.

So Urban Champion I guess.

EDIT: No, wait....it's definitely this piece of shit:

10-yard-fight-usa-europe.png
That was developed by Irem. Just like Kung Fu (notice the asterisk by the title?)

Top Bottom