• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Smartphone Do You Have?

What is your smartphone of choice?

• Apple

Votes: 78 35.8%
  • Samsung

Votes: 67 30.7%
  • Google Pixel

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • Sony

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • OnePlus

Votes: 17 7.8%
  • Huawei

Votes: 9 4.1%
  • Other......

Votes: 25 11.5%

• Total voters

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
iPhone 11 pro. My entire city recently got 5G coverage so I'll be getting a 12 soon. Probably a mini or whatever the smaller one is called.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
OnePlus 9 Pro

It's a pretty great phone!

So few OnePlus users here...
Arrested Development Tobias GIF

rapid32.5

Huawei, had Pixel 3 for a week it's trash, battery drains so quickly, eats your LTE Gigabytes even in off mode. It only means Google is spying on your every step.

j0hnnix

Samsung Z Fold 2. Loving the multi screen and split apps when looking through teams and outlook. Great overall phones , waiting on the Z Fold 3, debating, that water resistance helps.

belmarduk

iPhone 11 pro. My entire city recently got 5G coverage so I'll be getting a 12 soon. Probably a mini or whatever the smaller one is called.

Its time for me to upgrade too and I wanted to get the next iPhone mini.. but apparently the battery life on them is horrible, or at least, the 12 mini is.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Samsung Z Fold 2. Loving the multi screen and split apps when looking through teams and outlook. Great overall phones , waiting on the Z Fold 3, debating, that water resistance helps.

I'm not a fan of Samsung phones, but I'll admit I've been interested in the folding phones.

Would be fantastic if games took advantage of it. My number one mobile game is the PC Rome:Total War port. If that was upscaled to take advantage of the bigger screen on folding phones then I'd certainly consider it.

My only concern is how long does the folding screen last? Does it wear out over time, or break easily etc.

DavidGzz

Note 20 and Pixel 3. Note 20 can suck it. I use the Pixel 3 for photos cause it's way better at them. Waiting for Pixel 6.

Wunray

Using a OnePlus 7 pro, I wish OnePlus would make a all screen phone like this again, not a fan of the hole punch.

Andyliini

I'm using OnePlus 7 Pro currently. Though it's a lease from my employer, I will get a new one in few months. Will probably have to begin looking for a replacement soon.

Daciral

Neo Member
Xiaomi mi 9T. The one with hidden camera. Everyone said it would break immediately, but it's great. I like the reassurance it gives me, I know everytime if an app is trying to get the access to my camera.

Hoppa

Note 10+. Usually stick with Samsung and skip a generation but am thinking of getting an iPhone 12 pro next

I used to buy a new Samsung Galaxy S every year. But in 2018 I bought a galaxy note 9 instead. Been using it since then.
I guess I was a smartphone enthusiast back then. Now I just don't care. The difference between new models is so negligible.

Little Mac

I purchased a refurbished iPhone 11 from Apple earlier this year and love it. It was a huge leap from the 6s I rocked for a handful of years.

j0hnnix

I'm not a fan of Samsung phones, but I'll admit I've been interested in the folding phones.

Would be fantastic if games took advantage of it. My number one mobile game is the PC Rome:Total War port. If that was upscaled to take advantage of the bigger screen on folding phones then I'd certainly consider it.

My only concern is how long does the folding screen last? Does it wear out over time, or break easily etc.
I have always owned Samsung phones, never any issues and even with a 2nd generation phone like this with consistent unfolding, so far , no issue with the screen. The inner screens collect more finger prints with a default screen protector provided by Samsung but switch out with another it's great. I'm a bit more careful with the zFold than with previous phones I've owned besides my old work iphone which I enjoyed torturing, what a pos.

Check out the Google Fold as well, hearing some good things about it. I still am excited for the surface duo 2 I owned the first one but returned it , issue with company and whoever is brain dead did not want to allow it through intune.

chixdiggit

I used to buy a new Samsung Galaxy S every year. But in 2018 I bought a galaxy note 9 instead. Been using it since then.
I guess I was a smartphone enthusiast back then. Now I just don't care. The difference between new models is so negligible.
Same. My Note is actually starting to act up so will be looking at replacing it soon but really don't feel I need to because of features.

Setzer

Have this phone as well. Been one of the best phones I've ever owned....right up there with the Note 9, which I also still use. Not sure I'll get the ZF3 yet. The water resistance is nice but I've used my ZF2 in rain and haven't had any issues with it. Also, I see people having issues with microfractures from opening and closing the phone. I can't tell you how many times I've opened and closed this thing since I got it last September but it's a lot and have never had anything like that happen with the screen. I also removed my inner screen protector the first day I got it.

Amory

oneplus 7 pro. I liked it a lot in the beginning but the love has faded over time. I get random software glitches that I haven't seen on android phones I've owned in the past, and the phone is suddenly way slower after the most recent android update. I have no idea why, it's not exactly an ancient phone.

I think i'm going back to iPhone next time around.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
oneplus 7 pro. I liked it a lot in the beginning but the love has faded over time. I get random software glitches that I haven't seen on android phones I've owned in the past, and the phone is suddenly way slower after the most recent android update. I have no idea why, it's not exactly an ancient phone.

I think i'm going back to iPhone next time around.

Try the Pixel 6 Pro... it's that almost pure Android experience but with faster updates if you buy it unlocked. Day and date OTA software updates. Plus the SOC is google's own custom chip. No Qualcomm this time.

Boss Mog

That list of choices in the poll forgets some pretty big brands most notably the company that shipped the most phones in Europe during Q2 2021. Also it saddens me to see so many people with iPhones.

SirTerry-T

Sony Xperia 5ii, great handset.
The inclusion of a 3.5mm jack made my decision easier, never really got on with wireless headsets for some reason.

GeekyDad

Got a message from Sprint/T-Mobile saying we'd have to upgrade our phones to 5G compatible phones by Jan. 1. They said they have free options. Anyone who has that provider know if any of their free options include any Apple products? Don't care how low-end. Have not been diggin the Samsung thing AT ALL. Ready to go back to some form of iPhone.

HoodWinked

Got a message from Sprint/T-Mobile saying we'd have to upgrade our phones to 5G compatible phones by Jan. 1. They said they have free options. Anyone who has that provider know if any of their free options include any Apple products? Don't care how low-end. Have not been diggin the Samsung thing AT ALL. Ready to go back to some form of iPhone.
It seems only iphone 12 models have 5g. But my guess is they are doing an initial scare to get people to upgrade sooner then when it gets closer push out the date or offer even better deals. Also by then iphone 13 will be out so iphone 12 will also drop in price.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I bought Samsung A52, seems like better deal than S21, which I aimed at before this device comes out.

I also like the ad for this device:

Tams

Have this phone as well. Been one of the best phones I've ever owned....right up there with the Note 9, which I also still use. Not sure I'll get the ZF3 yet. The water resistance is nice but I've used my ZF2 in rain and haven't had any issues with it. Also, I see people having issues with microfractures from opening and closing the phone. I can't tell you how many times I've opened and closed this thing since I got it last September but it's a lot and have never had anything like that happen with the screen. I also removed my inner screen protector the first day I got it.

I'm not sure I can justify upgrading to the next Fold given how I think the next year will go, but damn if it really does have Wacom EMR (S-pen)...

I'm not a sucker for consumerism that much, but a good digital stylus is my weakness.

Maximusz

Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2: Been using since almost a year now. Brilliant phone, can't wait to get my hands on the Fold 3 later this month especially for the S Pen.

MzoKy4G.jpg
yOG5sns.jpg

Last edited:

Tams

Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2: Been using since almost a year now. Brilliant phone, can't wait to get my hands on the Fold 3 later this month especially for the S Pen.

MzoKy4G.jpg
yOG5sns.jpg
Is that a Samsung Galaxy Book that I spy in the left hand corner?

A.Romero

S20 here. Next month is going to be a year since I got it. Before that I was carrying an S7 for about 4 years.

I like Samsung phones. They are more expensive but I think it does justify the price.

My fav phone ever was a Sony. The design really resonates with me but at least in my country they tend to be more expensive and reviews tend to rate them lower than Samsung.

M.W.

One Plus 7 Pro.

Still amazing. Love the pop out camera. I never use it so I have a full screen, love it.

Erdrick

Been using a Sony Xperia 1ii for... About a year as of tomorrow, actually. Best phone I've ever owned. Been with Sony Xperia phones since 2013, and will keep it that way as long as they still make them. The 1iii looks tempting but honestly, my 1ii is still going strong and is perfectly fine. Love the headphone jack, the narrow tall screen and just how it has enough horsepower to do basically whatever I want with it.

Maybe I'll look into the successor to the 1iii next year, but as of now, I'm totally content with the 1ii.

pauljeremiah

Gold Member
iPhone 6s, currently running the iOS15 beta, still have all the original parts and in the last three months, the battery is starting to seriously show its age. I'm planning to update to the latest iPhone when it releases later this year.

nkarafo

A Galaxy S7. I just bought an S10 cheap to replace it with, and it looks like I'll have to soon. Planned obsolescence has been making my phone slow down terribly when I am watching YouTube and get a call at the same time.

I've always been at least 3-4 hardware revisions behind lol
Pretty sure your S7 is still more powerful than my 2018 A7 hardware wise. Though i don't seem to have performance issues yet. And i do keep all of my apps updated.

TheContact

I currently have an iPhone 11 max. Before that I had an XS max but despite apple saying it can go in shallow water, my experience says otherwise. My 7 plus suffered the same fate. I actually don’t like my 11 max, not because it’s an iPhone but because I think the phone is just too big. I don’t like to trade in phones often, though I’ve had bad luck with my last two. My next phone is just going to be a regular sized iPhone though; I absolutely don’t need a big screen and it’s more a problem than a convenience for me

Artistic

Galaxy S215G. Got it for free through T-Mobile.

Had a S7 and S9 prior to the S21. Before that, was mostly a HTC fan.

Top Bottom