• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Smartphone Do You Have?

What is your smartphone of choice?

• Apple

Votes: 78 35.8%
  • Samsung

Votes: 67 30.7%
  • Google Pixel

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • Sony

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • OnePlus

Votes: 17 7.8%
  • Huawei

Votes: 9 4.1%
  • Other......

Votes: 25 11.5%

• Total voters

kunonabi

My old phone just died so I use the Microsoft Surface Duo now. It's a bit buggy and missing some features but I'm a huge fan of dual screens so it works out.

gimmmick

Regular iPhone XS since it’s launch. I wouldn’t think of upgrading but me and the wife are going to be upgrading to the 13 since our first born is due at the end of Jan 2022.

Anki

Banned
iPhone 7, i always liked apple products (I also use macbook) but after the news about scanning the photos on your device I don't trust them. I will get some android phone and de google it, also I am selling my macbook and getting laptop with linux.

Biff

Samsung Galaxy S10. I think it will go down as the last "perfect" phone ever made due to the forced extinction of the 3.5mm headphone jack thereafter.

USB-C, headphone jack, under-screen fingerprint scanner, great battery, great screen, great camera, great processor with zero slowdown 18mths later.

Top 5 all-time consumer purchase for me.

I'm still using my OnePlus 5T. The storage is really full now and I really need to upgrade but I still haven't found something I really want to upgrade to. I'm watching this year to see if Pixel 6 is any good, if it isn't I'll probably end up with a OnePlus 9T.

GMAK2442

I got a Samsung A20. With Android 10 running it.

I want a bigger One. I can't wait to get a better Samsung. I search for a bigger screen.

Belgorim

I have a galaxy Note 10, though I do not use the pen enough to justify it.

I never have a case for my phone, but they seem to be able to take the hits nowdays.

Colsic

Neo Member
I've always used only Android smartphones. Yes, I tried IPhone but didn't like it. Therefore, I continue to use Android and it suits all my requirements. By the way, recently I even repaired my smartphone, I ordered mobile parts wholesale and did everything myself. So another plus of smartphones is that it is quite maintainable.

Kimahri

Banned
No idea. I just inherit phones from family members whenever they get new ones. I really don't care, and I don't understand why the phones I end up using are replaced. This one is working perfectly fine, and I've yet to encounter a situation where it's not up to snuff. Think it might be three years old or something.

The whole phone industry is incredibly wasteful and people pay way too much for shit they really don't need, and just throw away old ones, so I don't participate. Haven't paid for a phone for close to ten years now.

Cyberpunkd

iPhone 11 Pro, works great, photos are nice, will use it till the moment it dies.

The whole phone industry is incredibly wasteful and people pay way too much for shit they really don't need, and just throw away old ones, so I don't participate. Haven't paid for a phone for close to ten years now.
Agreed, there is huge waste with electronics people chasing the next best thing while being sold to by tech reviewers.

Last edited:

Patrick S.

Banned
Samsung Galaxy S10+ 512GB with the gun gray ceramic back.

I got it from a colleague after it had sat in his drawer unused for a year, because he switched to iPhones almost immediately after getting the S10+. I was shocked to see that the 512GB variant still sells for around €400-450 used here in Germany. So I was haggling with him over the phone for like six months but we couldn't ever agree on a price.

Then, through my job, I got a broken QNAP NAS from a client, that had the known Celeron bug that plagues NAS systems of all brands, and I managed to fix it by soldering in a €0,15 resistor.

So it happened that my colleague really wanted to buy a NAS... and, needless to say, I got the phone, which he wasn't willing to sell for less than €400, for the price of a resistor and half an hour of research and soldering efforts. Good deal :D

Star-Lord

128GB Pacific Blue iPhone 12 Pro. I love it. It does everything I need it to, and then some. I’ll use it for a good few years before upgrading.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Got the recent iPhone SE.

Gone from a Nexus 4, to a Galaxy s6, to an LG v30 to this.

My son in law had the old iPhone SE, it still ran blisteringly fast when it was 3 years old (with all the games and bloat he had on it). It completely outstripped and embarrassed my v30, which on paper should have decimated it.

All of my phones were flagship at the time and they all had random overheating issues when charging or running intensive apps, and all had loads of random crashes on Chrome etc.

Became an Apple normie and love this thing. Simple as fuck and lost access to emulators and roms but everything still works flawlessly and rapidly after 1 year. Can still customise it pretty well with Gmail, whatever default browser you want etc. Wouldn’t go back to Android now.

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.
Google Pixel 4XL. Its been OK, I would prefer an iPhone but they are so much more expensive and don't have better wireless audio codecs like APTX and LDAC.

I bought an S20 FE last week and it's great. My only regret is not getting it sooner, coming from S7. Was waiting for S21 FE but the fuckery around its launch and possible cancellation made me buy this.

Some Huawei that's like 4 years old at this point or something.
I'm really not much of a smartphone guy so I don't care about keeping up with the latest and greatest. I should upgrade at some point though because the charging port on it has become very finicky, the screen has a weird yellow smudge of pixels or something on it and the battery life is getting shittier and shittier each day.
I'm just too lazy to actually get around to upgrading though haha.

highrider

Banned
iPhone 11 Pro. I like Apple but beating me up for cloud storage is getting old. I’m make videos and I wish the storage was less of a mess. Other than that great phone

dcll

Banned
I have been with Pixel since the first and love them. I broke my 3 XL screen and decide to try an iPhone since I found one cheap and I have been using that since July and am ready to go back. I have been looking for a good deal and will probably get the 4 XL

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
Huawei P40 pro (P30 pro before that and a P20 pro before that) because the camera is the most important thing to me in a smartphone but I'm upgrading to a Xiaomi mi 11 ultra which should be arriving in a few days.

Last edited:

Rockondevil

iPhone 7, i always liked apple products (I also use macbook) but after the news about scanning the photos on your device I don't trust them. I will get some android phone and de google it, also I am selling my macbook and getting laptop with linux.

Nobody is actually looking at your photos unless you have CSAM. It just runs the photos hash against a database and if your photo matches any known CSAM hashes then sure somebody will look.
But I’d hope your everyday person doesn’t have that on their phone…

Last edited:

Shubh_C63

Oneplus 5T, waiting for Pixel 6 to hit India

In smartphones, its better to buy a flagship and let it run for 3-5 years. Mine still work flawless, literally.

Top Bottom