• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Whatever happened to.....(we beg for updates on various GAFfers and their threads)

Status
Not open for further replies.

.GqueB.

Banned
Deified Data's thread from earlier this month about his wife spending time with another dude and whether or not it was appropriate. Everyone told him to confront his wife but he was hesitant, and then the thread was locked. I don't want to be nosy but I really wanted to hear what ended up happening, if anything.

Came to post this actually. I don't know many gaffers that have come and gone but I remember the situations.

Whatever happened with the guy beating off with his sister sleeping a couple of feet away? Did they talk it out?

Deified Data's thread from earlier this month about his wife spending time with another dude and whether or not it was appropriate. Everyone told him to confront his wife but he was hesitant, and then the thread was locked. I don't want to be nosy but I really wanted to hear what ended up happening, if anything.

It worked out. I told her it bothered me but that it would bother me more to tell her who she can be friends with - she doesn't make friends easily and has never bonded well with women, I knew this about her going in. I didn't feel like ending a friendship on a jealous hunch, so I told her I'd master my jealousy and I have. It really takes knowing what kind of people we are for that not to sound like grade A bullshit, but there you go. Questions of whether or not its appropriate are the farthest thing from my mind now. My wife isn't a fickle mayfly who can be wooed from one relationship to the next, she's an adult with enough respect for us both to try and solve a problem if we have one. Our relationship couldn't be healthier, to be honest.

I didn't ask to have the thread locked because I was upset with GAF's response - I was upset with my own weakness at airing my dirty laundry and seriously questioned my motives for why I made the thread to begin with. I wanted one of two things: either have GAF refute me and give me an excuse to avoid the subject forever, or to feed my paranoia and make me feel justified in it. Neither of which were productive, despite many posters' genuine willingness to help.

Hope that serves as some form of closure.

akira28

I think Sats was perm banned for being discovered as an alt. He/she made another alt, which came to light in this thread the poster made: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=791714

huh?
Wait, daizydoesit was Sats? I guess that explains a lot. Crazy that she would make the mistake of posing as someone else twice. Did she really not think she would get caught a second time?

no way. that was not Sats. I don't believe that.

Philia

I hate to ask but I hoped for an update from Fiction's thread about her missing brother in law. I hope he's okay these days.

sn00zer

What happened to sn00zer? That guy was awesome and everyone loved him, he was the most amazing poster ever. I loved reading his threads.

Wellscha

What ever happened to that guy with the Sora avatar with "Fuck this shit" on it? I think his username was something Fimblvtr

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Whatever happened to Eggman? Sure he made mistakes, but he was usually just under the influence.

I hate to ask but I hoped for an update from Fiction's thread about her missing brother in law. I hope he's okay these days.

Heya.

It was a pretty rough time for all of us, but I asked him and he said it was okay to share this update he posted on his facebook, specifically because he said that you guys were so amazing and helped out so much. The police have been less than helpful and have basically dropped the case, so...here is his update.

A lot of people have been asking what happened to me. Most of them are asking because they care about what happens to me, so I don't mind. I am however trying to move forward with my life, so I hope this post will help with both situations.

Myself and at least one other person had been receiving harassing e-mails from someone for over a month. This person also stole some of my property, and vandalized my car. They then threatened my family if I did not meet them in the park and told me not to call the cops or tell anyone. The police had been less than helpful when I had reported the harassment, theft and vandalism, so I figured they would not be helpful that night either. I also assumed it was someone I knew, and that I could just talk them into stopping.

I did not know the person and was forced at gunpoint to drive south on I5. The person with the gun, I believe, was mentally unstable. We stopped at a rest area, there was an altercation, and I survived. I spent the next two days walking. Im still not comfortable going into details about what happened on the drive or the days after. I was afraid, cold and wet. My judgement was not the best at that point in time. If my brothers had not found me, I’m not sure what would have happened. I owe a lot to everyone that helped.

I would like to clear up something that the news reported. I did not request to be taken to a shelter. That was what the officer told me they could do for me. Also, there was no redhead driving my car. As with most cases, there were helpful, and then not so helpful, reports being sent to the police/media.

I am doing my best to move forward. I lost a lot during those 4 days, and after. Yes, I am still struggling with what happened, but I’m alive, in good health and surrounded by family. I miss hanging out with my friends, but where I am currently, is really the best place for me. I can’t thank you enough for the help you all provided!

As for him, he's doing much better, recovering here with my family. I'm feeding him up and hanging out with him and forcing him to watch geeky shows. He's doing very well all things considered.

I didn't want to make another thread or anything, because I am so very much not about getting attention or the like, so hopefully if people ask I can just point them here :)

Heya.

It was a pretty rough time for all of us, but I asked him and he said it was okay to share this update he posted on his facebook, specifically because he said that you guys were so amazing and helped out so much. The police have been less than helpful and have basically dropped the case, so...here is his update.

As for him, he's doing much better, recovering here with my family. I'm feeding him up and hanging out with him and forcing him to watch geeky shows. He's doing very well all things considered.

I didn't want to make another thread or anything, because I am so very much not about getting attention or the like, so hopefully if people ask I can just point them here :)

Thank God he's okay. They catch the crazy person?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom