• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Whatever happened to.....(we beg for updates on various GAFfers and their threads)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valhelm

contribute something
What happened to the guy who peed on that avatar?

I feel like it might have been Timedog or Blame Space, but I haven't heard anything about that episode for ages, so I think he might have been banned.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
That was blame space. I think he apologized. They used to always ban him but it hasn't happened in awhile now.

Is there anybody still around from the rockband thread that basically got nuked around the time of change to "New news, New thread?"

I seem to remember one member being pissed so he started posting like a million threads on the front page for every piece of rock band dlc.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Heya.

It was a pretty rough time for all of us, but I asked him and he said it was okay to share this update he posted on his facebook, specifically because he said that you guys were so amazing and helped out so much. The police have been less than helpful and have basically dropped the case, so...here is his update.

As for him, he's doing much better, recovering here with my family. I'm feeding him up and hanging out with him and forcing him to watch geeky shows. He's doing very well all things considered.

I didn't want to make another thread or anything, because I am so very much not about getting attention or the like, so hopefully if people ask I can just point them here :)

No, and still have no clue who he was :/

Needless to say my BIL doesn't want to live in the same city any longer heh.

That really sounds like a horror movie meeting real life. Glad your brother in law is ok.

Is there anybody still around from the rockband thread that basically got nuked around the time of change to "New news, New thread?"

I seem to remember one member being pissed so he started posting like a million threads on the front page for every piece of rock band dlc.

Quite a few returned under alt accounts. Most were permabanned. I was banned for a few week, I think. They all started their own place to chitchat.

Heya.

It was a pretty rough time for all of us, but I asked him and he said it was okay to share this update he posted on his facebook, specifically because he said that you guys were so amazing and helped out so much. The police have been less than helpful and have basically dropped the case, so...here is his update.

As for him, he's doing much better, recovering here with my family. I'm feeding him up and hanging out with him and forcing him to watch geeky shows. He's doing very well all things considered.

I didn't want to make another thread or anything, because I am so very much not about getting attention or the like, so hopefully if people ask I can just point them here :)

Great to hear he is alive and okay.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Heya.

wow, that's ridiculous! getting randomly targeted like that is super scary to think about, and that there was another person, too, is even weirder.

glad its put to rest, though.

also, someone tell us about this avatar peeing scandal thing

Philia

Heya.

Thank you so much for this follow up. Sounds harrowing!

But ultimately your BIL is okay. And I don't blame him for not wanting to live in the same area anymore.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Whatever happened to the guy who was a Tolkien scholar---Edmond Dantes I believe?

I was going to reply by saying "No updates since this thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=667877" but actually there might be an update on this in the coming days. :)

Sorian

Banned
I was going to reply by saying "No updates since this thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=667877" but actually there might be an update on this in the coming days. :)

Ah, one of your hooks got a bite?

And with a smiley face as well so we don't need to worry about it being your research into local obituaries.

Fireblend

Banned

Holy shit. This would be bigger news for me than any E3 megaton.

I sincerely hope he's ok. The smiley makes me hopeful!

Cyan

Banned
Give us the real deets.

Nah. But I will say that out of the many failures of ban dowsing, blaming the wrong mod is the most common by far. If you think you know who banned you (and it wasn't a bishoptl public execution), you are probably wrong.

aristotle

:waves ;)

For the Mods: I didn't post anything that day! I was just a regular in the thread :lol

Affe: RB& BASH 2015 son!

sn00zer

Nah. But I will say that out of the many failures of ban dowsing, blaming the wrong mod is the most common by far. If you think you know who banned you (and it wasn't a bishoptl public execution), you are probably wrong.

haha at the wording of this

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Whatever happened to Hooker? He went by a few names prior to that as well.

He was a HUUUUGE Tool fan from the Netherlands, always had Tool related avatars too. His sister also posted here, as well I think.

kswiston

Did Kevincow end up straightening out his life?

Also, I can't believe that the thread that Evilore turned into the secret history of NeoGAF happened 3 years ago. I've been in this forum a long time...

Loxley

Ah, one of your hooks got a bite?

And with a smiley face as well so we don't need to worry about it being your research into local obituaries.

Holy shit. This would be bigger news for me than any E3 megaton.

I sincerely hope he's ok. The smiley makes me hopeful!

It's good to hear that there will possibly be some news from or about Dantès soon...

Don't worry guys, it's positive.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks

if we're right, do we get a prize?

ronito

Man sats having run the confessions thread there was a lot there from a poorly disguised attempts from that person. Was not surprised at all when the ban came

I miss Harry potter though :(

EVOL 100%

Himuro and Koshiba are before my time but that was a really shitty thing to say to a person who obviously was facing a lot of problems. I think he relayed a message that he felt bad about it, but there were dozens of better ways to get banned.

Can I get some details about this sats person? Sounds like a riot

Loxley

Ladies and gents, a year after his sudden disappearance from GAF, our good friend Edmond Dantès has returned :)

Edmond Dantès;110712787 said:
Darkness took me, and I strayed out of thought and time, and I wandered far on roads that I will not tell.

Naked I was sent back - and shall remain until my task is done. And naked I lay upon the mountain-top. I was alone, forgotten, without escape upon the hard horn of the world. There I lay staring upward, while the stars wheeled over, and each day was as long as a life-age of the earth. Faint to my ears came the gathered rumour of all lands: the springing and the dying, the song and the weeping, and the slow everlasting groan of over-burdened stone.

But healing I found, and I was clothed in white. Counsel I gave and counsel took. Thence by strange roads I came and messages I bring to you.

I am sorry for any alarm caused, that certainly was not my intention and I thank you for your concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom