• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Whatever happened to.....(we beg for updates on various GAFfers and their threads)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew.

Banned
Off topic: Whatever happened to that "Who Quoted Me?" tab?

Really dug it. It was used for the week of E3 what, last Summer? And then it just disappeared.

On topic: Anyone heard from Derrick? He seems like someone who just wouldnt be able to literally live without this forum.

What happened to Jarosh and cloudwalking?

Banned 4 life.
Like Greatness Gone.

Greatness Gone was awesome if it was a joke profile. If he was for real then he was way too creepy for me.

But, anybody knows what Crushed did post ban? He was so funny. I'll always remember that Nights into dreams for Wii post he made. I literally laughed my ass off. I have no ass now.

Off topic: Whatever happened to that "Who Quoted Me?" tab?

Really dug it. It was used for the week of E3 what, last Summer? And then it just disappeared.

On topic: Anyone heard from Derrick? He seems like someone who just wouldnt be able to literally live without this forum.
Supposedly, the tab slowed the forum down a lot and caused problems, so it has been removed. I liked it as well. It helped me have long, constructive conversations.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
What happened with that guy who had the girlfriend who was playing nothing but fallout 3 and smoking weed everyday?

Is she still playing fallout 3 or new Vegas now?

Fireblend

Banned
Dantes. Edmond Dantes as in the Count of Monte Cristo.

No one knows. He vanished from GAF about a year ago. Some of the mods engaged in a little bit of internet detective work to see if we could find him, since we were a little worried, but we weren't able to turn up anything.

:/

That's so weird. I've tried tracking him down as well without results. I thought maybe we didn't really talk about whatever happened to him as maybe he left due to a disagreement or something, not that his disappearance was a total mystery... hope he's alright.

Hey guys,

I don't know where to start - just going to keep this short. I've written long updates over and over again, but I just can't seem to make a finished product.

I'm thirteen months sober, back living in Vermont. I'm going back to school - was on the Dean's List last semester. Holding down two jobs, hoping to stay in school over the summer break and get an internship in addition to taking classes.

My depression and anxiety are the best they've ever been. I got extensive, intense professional help - I'm in the best place I've ever been, mentally.

I see my sister and mother frequently - our relationships are secure and healthy. I actually make enough money now to send them surprises and buy groceries, do little things when I can. My mom's unemployment ran out recently, so I'm grateful to be in a position where I can help out - even slightly.

I'll give the longer story when I can. Things got crazy in Arizona. While 2012 was the worst year of my life (NeoGAF being one of the few bright spots), 2013 was definitely the best. I've got a tremendous amount to be grateful for today. Not only have my circumstances changed for the better in ways I cannot fully appreciate, but I feel sane. I am by no means out of the woods - I have to work each day to maintain my sobriety and stay humble - but I love my life today.

Love,

Scott

This is awesome man.

Dantes. Edmond Dantes as in the Count of Monte Cristo.

No one knows. He vanished from GAF about a year ago. Some of the mods engaged in a little bit of internet detective work to see if we could find him, since we were a little worried, but we weren't able to turn up anything.

:/

Shame. Hope he just got bored with us.

I really miss Ethelred's tremendous taste and knowledge in Japanese niche games. Was a really great presence.

I was going to mention Enk, but I see he's still alive and kicking on the forums. I miss his old avatars, though. Back when GAF had animated avatars, Enk's took the cake. Some hilarious narrative told over the course of three years where he and this sprite of a pirate had a toxic relationship. I'd kill for him to reupload those gifs again.

DarkFlow

Banned
Good Job Bob, That dude used to post in literally every thread like his life depended on it. He was rather entertaining to watch lose his shit when Avengers hit gold because of his hatred of Joss Whedon.

lexi

Banned
Did we find out what actually happened to Gaborn? His death was so sudden (at least as far as I know).

Never, I believe. It's assumed to be from a congenital issue, I knew him very well and the topic never, ever came up.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
What happened to Sats? Too lewd for GAF? I feel my jokes in that New Leaf hype thread may have set them down the wrong path.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I think Sats was one of them thar fake lady duders (and not in the good way) IIRC. Got busted, left.

I had them as a 3DS friend due to Animal Crossing. They sent a message of their apparent photo (to everyone on their friend list not to me specifically haha). Now I'm slightly curious as to who they were trying to masquerade as.

Arksy

Never, I believe. It's assumed to be from a congenital issue, I knew him very well and the topic never, ever came up.

:( - I wasn't really close to him at all but we did have a few discussions and debates around the place and I still remember how he had a fantastic way of conveying ideas.

YoungHav

Banned
Where is RiskyChris? I miss him.

And what is the procedure for mods to contact authorities on a poster? I'm concerned about Sennorin's children.

Cyan

Banned
What happened to Sats? Too lewd for GAF? I feel my jokes in that New Leaf hype thread may have set them down the wrong path.

What ever happened to Aguirre and all of their anime gifs?

Where is RiskyChris? I miss him.

And what is the procedure for mods to contact authorities on a poster? I'm concerned about Sennorin's children.

what happend to kittyonwy? He still pissed because of Resistance 2?

Permed, permed, permed, permed. In some cases, years ago.

Madrin

Deified Data's thread from earlier this month about his wife spending time with another dude and whether or not it was appropriate. Everyone told him to confront his wife but he was hesitant, and then the thread was locked. I don't want to be nosy but I really wanted to hear what ended up happening, if anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom