• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which member had the best exit on GAF Or: A Very Happy GAF History Lesson

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
KaotikMind said:
What's that?

http://lmgt--

Oh, wait. I can't be assed to do something you could do yourself. Carry on!

Green Scar said:
Most forums on the Internet hate GAF, I've found. Most forums are a complete fucking mess, of course. *shrugs*

I don't get the obsession that spin-off GAF forums and non-GAF forums have with GAF. It's just... a forum? Sure, there's some industry people like Frankie posting, but CliffyB used to post at SomethingAwful back in the day. ZOMG SA IS A TERRIBLE FORUM AND WE NEED THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE POSTING AT A SPIN-OFF FOR BANNED SA PEOPLE AND RAGERAGERAGEHATEHATEHATEWHYYOUSOSTUPIDAN.

Oh, wait. SA does have a spin-off forum!

Only ban I kinda experienced was EazyB, and then, I was still a lurker without awaiting his activation.

Basicly, he shopped the head of a Bungie developer on the statue of Sadam because EazyB thought he did a horrible job on Halo 3's matchmaking.

LosDaddie said:
Definitely not. Himuro's ban wasn't funny at all. It was a display of how sad of a life he lives. The guy got angry about a girl flaunting her titties. :lol That right there is a sign of a guy who gets no pussy.

No, what was funny was reading the White Knights coming to someone as pathetic as Himuro's defense....and in multiple threads. How do you defend someone throwing a temper tantrum over a female's titties? :lol

Let him be miserable with all the other banned GAFers at EB, or wherever they sulk at now. Good riddance :)

Hope you enjoyed Lunaclover posting nude portraits of herself. If you didn't then you must get no pussy yourself. :lol

So I looked up e-vil-bore and found that thread and if anything just make fun of certain gaf topics and discuss other matters in other threads. And it has a lot of the good people gaf used to have, himu, wrath, segata, fistful, etc.

Its not for me since gaf is enough for my forum time, but doesn't look too bad.

EDIT: I quoted the wrong guy lol! I guess that doesn't need a quote anyway.

LosDaddie said:
Definitely not. Himuro's ban wasn't funny at all. It was a display of how sad of a life he lives. The guy got angry about a girl flaunting her titties. :lol That right there is a sign of a guy who gets no pussy.

No, what was funny was reading the White Knights coming to someone as pathetic as Himuro's defense....and in multiple threads. How do you defend someone throwing a temper tantrum over a female's titties? :lol

Let him be miserable with all the other banned GAFers at EB, or wherever they sulk at now. Good riddance :)

I am sorry but I am going to have to disagree with you. I do agree that he did not handle the situation correctly at all but if someone keeps posting about their tits over and over it becomes a sort of attention seeking problem, and he had the right to call her out for that. The way he went about it was awful though, and deserved a ban. As for complaining about a girl always posting about her titties, he seems like someone who would get more pussy than a guy who eagerly awaits the next time she mentions her titties on a forum, and defends her doing that. If you get pussy in real life, you don't need some girl on an internet forum striving for attention all the time. The people who supported it were the actual guys getting no pussy.

Shapingo

I don't know the members name but there was a recent junior member that was Persian that argued that a genocide against Arabs would be beneficial for the world and that he wouldn't mind starting it. He kept posting over and over about it in a thread and each post became sicker and sicker. He tried backtracking about saying he needed medication but it was too late.

Goron2000

best junior ever
KaotikMind said:
So I looked up e-vil-bore and found that thread and if anything just make fun of certain gaf topics and discuss other matters in other threads. And it has a lot of the good people gaf used to have, himu, wrath, segata, fistful, etc.

Apart from maybe segata I must say that sounds fucking awful.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Shapingo said:
I don't know the members name but there was a recent junior member that was Persian that argued that a genocide against Arabs would be beneficial for the world and that he wouldn't mind starting it. He kept posting over and over about it in a thread and each post became sicker and sicker. He tried backtracking about saying he needed medication but it was too late.
Crispo.

We were talking about him earlier.

What a fucking idiot.

Neki

KaotikMind said:

EDIT: I quoted the wrong guy lol! I guess that doesn't need a quote anyway.

Looked up the place and it just feels off. Oh well. gaffers gonna gaf. eventually, we'll all be gravestones in this thread, so appreciate our time on GAF!

Shapingo said:
Yeah, that guy was a real nut.

FairyD

What was mr angry face banned for? His threads always had me in tears. Especially the one where he took some guys eye out.

LosDaddie

Banned
Instigator said:
Hope you enjoyed Lunaclover posting nude portraits of herself. If you didn't then you must get no pussy yourself. :lol

That makes no sense. :lol There's quite a bit difference between not liking some nude pics, and throwing a temper tantrum about a lady flaunting her titties.

KaotikMind said:

I've only checked there a couple times by following some links here on GAF, and that place was...er I dunno...kinda lame & sad. But yeah, GAF is more than enough for me.

BravesCountry said:
I As for complaining about a girl always posting about her titties, he seems like someone who would get more pussy than a guy who eagerly awaits the next time she mentions her titties on a forum, and defends her doing that. If you get pussy in real life, you don't need some girl on an internet forum striving for attention all the time. The people who supported it were the actual guys getting no pussy.

:lol :lol Only sexually frustrated guys, like Himuro, complain about girls flaunting their titties. If you're getting pussy on the regular, you're used to certain girls acting that way because, ya know, there are a lot of females who use their assets like that. It's quite normal for (some) ladies to do so, and not something to get upset over.

LosDaddie said:
:lol :lol Only sexually frustrated guys, like Himuro, complain about girls flaunting their titties. If you're getting pussy on the regular, you're used to certain girls acting that way because, ya know, there are a lot of females who use their assets like that. It's quite normal for (some) ladies to do so, and not something to get upset over.
You seem like a fine chap who gets "pussy on the regular." Clap clap.

News flash: Koshiba isn't going to have sex with you for defending her honor from the Himu barbarian. She had a host of mental problems and used this forum to stroke her ego, and you guys fell for it like flies. I have nothing against her, and instead shake my head about the white knights who STILL seem to think she'll invite them to Florida for a free lapdance.

She was attractive, sure. But most people were more attracted to the idea of taking advantage of a hot nerd with emotional problems.

Dead Man

PhoenixDark said:
News flash: Koshiba isn't going to have sex with you for defending her honor from the Himu barbarian. She had a host of mental problems and used this forum to stroke her ego, and you guys fell for it like flies. I have nothing against her, and instead shake my head about the white knights who STILL seem to think she'll invite them to Florida for a free lapdance.

She was attractive, sure. But most people were more attracted to the idea of taking advantage of a hot nerd with emotional problems.
I don't think many people have tried to defend her, but have agreed that attacking her was tasteless. Posting insulting shit is nothing to be proud of, or commend people for.

chaostrophy said:
I miss Dragona. Punishing casual misogyny was one of the things that makes this place feel more civilized than most forums.
Indeed.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
himuros exit was fucking retarded. if he wanted to account suicide he should have done it without being a prick.

SmokyDave

PhoenixDark said:

For some of us, it was more about Himu being a dick than Koshiba being a chick. My missus is hotter than Koshiba (to me), lives 3000 miles closer and will happily dance for me. Doesn't stop me thinking Himu was out of order for talking to her like that.

Crazy thing is, I'm sure I liked the guy before those posts, I remember thinking he'd been hacked at the time, like it was totally out of character. Now whenever his name comes up, all I can think is 'petty little frustrated troll'. Sad stuff.

I don't miss Dragona a single bit and I would scream and beg if she suddenly appeared from the ether.

Holy crap I forgot about greatness Gone. there was an ... interesting poster.

LosDaddie

Banned
spindashing said:
You seem like a fine chap who gets "pussy on the regular." Clap clap.

Not since getting married :p

PhoenixDark said:

She must've been more active before my time because the Him-ban-thread was the first I had heard of her. And I didn't see any defending of her in that thread. There was actually White Knighting for Himuro there, and the Black Culture thread

ElyrionX

This thread is amazing. I click on all these old threads linked and I see tonnes and tonnes of familiar names greyed out. People like Manabyte, I never knew were banned.

Also quite sad to see Segato go like that. It's really true that the quality of postings on GAF has gone downhill and the decline may have even accelerated somewhat in the last few years. These days, anything negative said in any kind of console exclusive thread would automatically be deried as "trolling" by the usual sheeps even though some of those posts do contain valid points worth discussing. The problem is, due to the size of the forum, a lot of members are either genuinely juvenile due to age or are just generally immature and too narrow-minded to consider someone else's perspective. There is a serious lack of critical thinking and objective reasoning in many threads and there are just too few mods to handle the massive amount of posts GAF gets.

Oh well, at least the admins/mods do make a pretty good distinction between what's considered "trolling" and what's not.

Esch

Banned
conversely, i'd argue that Himuro could have said something a lot funnier if he wanted to go out. full out rant.

LosDaddie said:
She must've been more active before my time because the Him-ban-thread was the first I had heard of her. And I didn't see any defending of her in that thread. There was actually White Knighting for Himuro there, and the Black Culture thread
While we understood what he meant, the most of us didn't want him going down like that. It was just so random, even though we knew he didn't see GAF the same way after being inactive for a while.

It was just a quick way out for him to be elsewhere.

EschatonDX said:
conversely, i'd argue that Himuro could have said something a lot funnier if he wanted to go out. full out rant.
Definitely.

I whooped his ass in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 for his nonsense but I do miss him around GAF from time to time.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
PhoenixDark said:

oh my god. the white knight bullshit is one of my most hated things about this forum. sometimes guys are the fucking assholes, and sometimes other guys will point it out with trying to be a fucking white knight.

even if koshiba were using this forum to flatter herself, so fucking what, there were obviously a handful of posters that were happy to help her out whenever she posted a pic. and the funny thing is that the pic that himuro got pissed about was actually perfectly RELEVANT.

User 7575

Banned
GAF should open the floodgates for one day, and there should just a be a re-union thread of some kind. I want to see bjork, Crushed, segata, demi, drinky crow, Vennt, everyone in a happy thread.

who was that dude that was crazy about ridge racer?

MNC

Shurs said:
After some girl posted about her tits for the 500th time, he pointed out that she posted about her tits for the 500th time.
OOOOOOOOOOOOOH. In the show your picture thread? I know of that exit! :lol

Tha Robbertster said:
Only ban I kinda experienced was EazyB, and then, I was still a lurker without awaiting his activation.

Basicly, he shopped the head of a Bungie developer on the statue of Sadam because EazyB thought he did a horrible job on Halo 3's matchmaking.
Haha, Eazy's actually a friend of mine IRL. The best part was he got an alt account a while ago called Lake Minnetonka where he pretended to be a little Mexican boy who played Halo with his cousins for a while.

-COOLIO- said:
oh my god. the white knight bullshit is one of my most hated things about this forum. sometimes guys are the fucking assholes, and sometimes other guys will point it out with trying to be a fucking white knight.

even if koshiba were using this forum to flatter herself, so fucking what, there were obviously a handful of posters that were happy to help her out whenever she posted a pic. and the funny thing is that the pic that himuro got pissed about was actually perfectly RELEVANT.
Are you not white knighting against a white knighter?

Anteater

MaestroRyan said:
GAF should open the floodgates for one day, and there should just a be a re-union thread of some kind. I want to see bjork, Crushed, segata, demi, drinky crow, Vennt, everyone in a happy thread.

have I been missing a new joke or meme, you're not the first person hinting he's gone or banned in this thread :lol

The Frankman said:
I don't miss Dragona a single bit and I would scream and beg if she suddenly appeared from the ether.

Interesting thing I've noticed is that seen she left, I haven't seen any woman driver threads with a big sexism-fest going on, like what Dragona had to clean up many a time in the past. I've seen some with joking comments about them, but never outright misogyny.

Methinks a lot of the OT just enjoyed living on the edge.

Himu snapped after being tired of her constantly advertising her fake boobs and showing off for nerds. I'm not going to jump on him, he was making a point - highly exaggerated yes, but still valid to this day. He sacrificed himself to tell us something about ourselves.

Koshiba's pic in that thread was perfectly relevant sure, but I'm not going to jump on Himu for pointing out what many of us had been thinking.

MaestroRyan said:

Drinky's not banned, nor will he ever be.

MaestroRyan said:

isamu. I think he's still around, pops up every now and then to wax nostalgic about Rage Racer and old Sega arcade racers.

KevinCow

Banned
Himuro's outburst was uncalled for.
But Koshiba did have a habit of using her tits to whore for attention.
But she also had nice tits.

Why does anything more than this have to be said on that topic.

PhoenixDark said:
I keep hearing this over and over. What kind of "mental problems" did she have? I didn't really see her post stuff that would seem crazy. On the contrary her posts seemed pretty normal.

spindashing said:
WTF. What's the source of this thread and its caricature of female members?

Fake edit: Lol @ "ass" being in the URL of that picture.

One of the rounds of shit starts here:

Oh wait not supposed to link right? Put this on the end: topic=35993.1755

I only know because I was linked. I don't bother going there looking for whatever other shit they have to say.

Esch

Banned
reading ******** then reading here and the comments back and forth is hilarious btw.

still, a perma for calling someone out on her blatant attention whoring, regardless of his method, seems a bit much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom