• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which member had the best exit on GAF Or: A Very Happy GAF History Lesson

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Jay Sosa said:
Shouldn't everyone by now be used to girls garnering a lot of attention, especially if they're as pretty as Koshiba? I've seen guys fawning over way less attractive women.
There are women on GAF who were more attractive than her (imo) who didn't get a fraction of the attention.

I'm sure you can guess why.

Not that I'm at all condoning Himu's behaviour.

bengraven said:
Has anyone mentioned that "Jessica" chick? (I think that was her name)

She was a complete train wreck, attention whore, created threads just to fish for attention. She finally got banned and found a home at the one place a somewhat decent looking girl who loves people's white knighting or the opposite: treating her like a whore. OA.

The girl that had some tube on her stomach?

Jinfash said:
:\

She came across as a very troubled woman right before she left, one that needed serious help, but was regrettably surrounded by a horde of enablers.

Gaffers acted like they'd never seen a pair of tits before.

Gaffers also acted like they'd never seen a group of sex starved forum goers fawn over a pair of tits they felt were so close but had no chance at.

If you've ever been out to a night club, you've come across hundreds of attention whores doing much more then advertising tits. Big fuckin' deal. Secure, confident men that are used to the shit, ignore them. That's the unspoken standard of what to do when encountering an attention whore. Men who would confront an attention whore for being so have some internal issues going on, period.

Himuro should've taken the higher ground and said, "who gives a shit if she's an attention whore" and let those following her around be thirsty. They continue to be dense, he keeps his account. The fact that he took it on, is abnormal for a male that has a healthy love/sex life.

If that means I end up on some weak ass comic strip from some passive aggressive gaffer, so be it. If that means certain members of hip hop gaf that seem to be loyal beyond all reason to this dude's actions try and throw a label on me, so be it. I'm just calling it how I see it.

Chittagong

Gold Member
you know who is the banned one I miss most?

it's this little fella

laugh.gif

he would be like the Achievement Unlocked of gaf. If you created a really good gif or made a killer post, you would be greeted with the gaf equivalent of 200p Xbox Achievement, the triple lol - and really good ones would get several consecutive posts with them:

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The banning of lol dude has significantly decreased my motivation to create new photoshops.

Sad, but then again, so is caring about gamer points.

salva said:
If you guys thought Koshiba's posts were depressing, you should have seen her facebook.
I remember you saying this in the Facebook GAF group or the Facebook GAF group's thread.

I thought you were kidding, actually.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Grubdog's (I think?) will forever be the stalwart. The man caused a massive influx of anti-Australia that has only slowly become erased. Years! YEARS! Trust a Nintendo fanatic to take situations to the extremities.

Mike Works changing thread titles for Nintendogs' 40/40 on Famitsu was a highlight, only because you had people like Drinky Crow banging the biggest tincan possible for the greatness that was PSP to incite some people to white knight for Nintendo and then that shit came around - back when a lot of people trusted Famitsu's reviews for some obscure reason. It was a funny day to witness threads constantly changing with each F5.

Shame to see WasabiKing retiring from the red highlight. Seeing his avatar float around was always a nice nod. I'm sure if I could be bothered, I'd be able to hassle him in some other capacity. I still remember him drunkenly? telling me that I was the only Australian worth a damn and that I had to save the quote because he'd never mention it again.

And say what you will how Himuro rode the horse into the sunset, but he added some quality shit to the forum from time to time. bjork too, every thread he ever created was class.. even though his ban is self-imposed.

PhoenixDark said:
BlackStallion
peepedit20ze.jpg

RIP
TBS was brilliant. Loved all of his threads.

bengraven said:
Seems like there comes a point where you either respectfully ask for a ban and retire or you just finally piss someone off to the degree you're perma'd. Which is why most of the OG crew is gone. Kind of sad, I miss some guys, I should have got more info from them before they left.
Yeah it is a little sad to see the OG numbers dwindle - even those who aren't OG but joined up till 2006. There have been times where I've gone "fuck it, too much stupid shit on here" and either leave for a few days or I do something ridiculous to try and get a perm; like purposely hassling the Killzone crew and shouting plagiarism whilst asking duckroll to ban me at the same time (even then Hitokage took the ban off before it expired to make me finish a thread idea I had rolled around with prior).

But eh, I figured that I'll just avoid the threads that don't look enticing and head to better threads. Don't know how the mods/admins can do it - I'd go mad if I had to constantly check threads.

TheExodu5 said:
The guy with the snowman avatar...Odysseus I think? That was an interesting fit of rage...
I remember this one. Wish someone could find it.

Dead Man

Chittagong said:
you know who is the banned one I miss most?

it's this little fella

laugh.gif

he would be like the Achievement Unlocked of gaf. If you created a really good gif or made a killer post, you would be greeted with the gaf equivalent of 200p Xbox Achievement, the triple lol - and really good ones would get several consecutive posts with them:

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The banning of lol dude has significantly decreased my motivation to create new photoshops.

Sad, but then again, so is caring about gamer points.
You can let him out if you have greasemonkey.

OXy08.png

LProtag

Devolution said:
Tinychat is fun. What stuff?

I dunno. I don't like video chatting. Freaks me out. Also sharing too much information about my personal life.

Maybe I have a misconception of what it's like to be part of the sort of inclusive sub-community of people who know each other well.

InsertNameHere said:
I dunno. I don't like video chatting. Freaks me out. Also sharing too much information about my personal life.

Maybe I have a misconception of what it's like to be part of the sort of inclusive sub-community of people who know each other well.

We have more than a couple people who never cam up with their face, and just stream whatever vidya they happen to be playing. But they talk in the chat. It would be perfect if not for some obsessive trolls.

Chinner said:
im a girl, so somebody pay attention to me and suck my dick.

Your avatar reminded me of a discussion I had with a zoologist about duck penis. Freaky stuff.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
You guys are really getting this Himu thing wrong.

He was on a long hiatus, then came back just for that thread to commit his account suicide.

He didn't witness most of her late attention whoring, mostly heard about it.

The guy just wanted the quickest way out, and he found it.

It was over the top, it was exaggerated, even uncalled for. But you know what? He got the message across, one that others tried to convey civilly but failed. Now Koshiba's tits, and her sloberring worshippers, derail no more.

And for that, I'm actually glad.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Jinfash said:
It was over the top, it was exaggerated, even probably uncalled for. But you know what? He got the message across, one that others tried to convey civilly but failed. Now Koshiba's tits, and her sloberring worshippers, derail no more.

And for that, I'm actually glad.
Clearly not.

FLEABttn

Banned
CHEEZMO™ said:
Want attention?

Go into Tinychat and flash your tits like REDACTED did.

That sounds like something someone would say on Behind The Music, followed by "and that was when I knew I hit rock bottom."

DMeisterJ

Banned
Wow, a whole thread on that other forum dedicated to mutual dislike of GAF... For a group of people who have a host of issues with a site, there sure is a whole lot of discussion about about it. Generally when I dislike something, I refrain from even thinking about it. Sad.

And someone on there has my avvy o_O creepy. The exact same avvy with the nasty transition at the end... I guess I should feel flattered?

yuna55

CHEEZMO™ said:
There are women on GAF who were more attractive than her (imo) who didn't get a fraction of the attention.

I'm sure you can guess why.

Not that I'm at all condoning Himu's behaviour.
There are also at least 3 members of Girl GAF I know of with natural breasts larger than koshiba's fake breasts. Most people don't even realize and instead latch onto koshiba. We don't constantly post pics of them because we wouldn't want that kind of attention.

I mean they don't. :ninja

Oh the things you can discuss when you're allowed a Girl Thread, or can talk freely with minimal creeper factor. :p

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Who was that guy who really messed up his life or whatever, and tried to drive a semi truck but wrote some sad tale here about screwing that up too and being trapped in the midwest somewhere?

Green Scar said:
Said Koshiba loved posted pictures showing off her tits on GAF, compared her to some odd-looking black dwarf, th-th-th-that's all folks

So the ban was for saying she posted too many pics showing her tits?

speedpop

Jinfash said:
Borys > you.
Borys still around? Shit eh. His PC threads were always awesome, back when GAF kept deluding itself into thinking that PC gaming was dead...

mattiewheels said:
Who was that guy who really messed up his life or whatever, and tried to drive a semi truck but wrote some sad tale here about screwing that up too and being trapped in the midwest somewhere?
ManaByte.

DMeisterJ said:
Wow, a whole thread on that other forum dedicated to mutual dislike of GAF... For a group of people who have a host of issues with a site, there sure is a whole lot of discussion about about it. Generally when I dislike something, I refrain from even thinking about it. Sad.

And someone on there has my avvy o_O creepy. The exact same avvy with the nasty transition at the end... I guess I should feel flattered?

Haha. I wonder if anyone there has my avatar. Hmm!

Devolution said:
It was for how he went about it. He knew what he was doing.

Damn, all the drama happens when I'm asleep. Anyone have links? What would be interesting if there was a sub-category called the Graveyard where mods post who was banned, for what reason(s) and the posts they were banned for. I think it would a very popular section of the forum to visit.

And what is this talk of this particular member having fake breasts? Didn't look it to me

lennedsay said:
That's good to know. I'm happily married though, so I probably wouldn't have much to contribute...

I'm in a long term relationship myself, but the thread has had some nice discussions about facial hair, fashion, etc.

Himuro was a good dude. He did NOT deserve a ban for that, in my opinion. If it was a dude showing off his abs and getting criticized by a female, I don't think he would have received the ban. I think he knew he was going out, so he went out with a bang. Koshiba wasn't a bad person at all, and I don't think she deserved getting called out LIKE THAT, but then again, I think Himuro wasn't lying... I know, it's hard to explain. I just don't like discourtesy. As said before, it was the way he went about it, I guess.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
speedpop said:
ManaByte.
That's right...was that his last post on here? Always wondered if that guy was for real.

speedpop

vas_a_morir said:
Himuro was a good dude. He did NOT deserve a ban for that, in my opinion. If it was a dude showing off his abs and getting criticized by a female, I don't think he would have received the ban. I think he knew he was going out, so he went out with a bang. Koshiba wasn't a bad person at all, and I don't think she deserved getting called out LIKE THAT, but then again, I think Himuro wasn't lying... I know, it's hard to explain. I just don't like discourtesy. As said before, it was the way he went about it, I guess.
He did what he did to get out. Light a firecracker underneath an old person and you'll get the quickest response possible. I imagine that a lot of the '04-'06 members have, at one time or another, tried to get perma'd in some capacity. For some it worked, for others the ban was too lenient and they either tried again or they realize that "hey, it's just a fucking forum."

mattiewheels said:
That's right...was that his last post on here? Always wondered if that guy was for real.
Don't know, but I imagine it was near the end of his GAF account days. He posted a lot of depression threads, but I fondly remember him for his Disney threads.

spindashing said:
Natural breasts bigger than koshibas?

I should stalk Boy Age.

That's not creepy at all, right?

We've had some of straight guy gaf come in and ask legitimate questions. Some even post in there. It's not creepy at all. It's pretty much void of some of the stuff in other threads that either makes me want to scream or hide under a rock.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
I read the entire Jbaird thread yesterday.
Crazy? Yes. Entertaining? Fuck yes.

ultron87

Dr Eggman said:
I read the entire Jbaird thread yesterday.
Crazy? Yes. Entertaining? Fuck yes.

Watching it live was a once in a lifetime experience. I got almost nothing done at work that afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom