• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which member had the best exit on GAF Or: A Very Happy GAF History Lesson

Status
Not open for further replies.
PhoenixDark said:
News flash: Koshiba isn't going to have sex with you for defending her honor from the Himu barbarian. She had a host of mental problems and used this forum to stroke her ego, and you guys fell for it like flies. I have nothing against her, and instead shake my head about the white knights who STILL seem to think she'll invite them to Florida for a free lapdance.

She was attractive, sure. But most people were more attracted to the idea of taking advantage of a hot nerd with emotional problems.

I'm only against unnecessary harassing. Beyond that, the battle was something I wasn't around for. I dated her for a year about 5-6 years ago and while I was the one who broke it up, I don't hate her and I just don't like seeing any overly harmful stuff being said.

RustyNails said:
I keep hearing this over and over. What kind of "mental problems" did she have? I didn't really see her post stuff that would seem crazy. On the contrary her posts seemed pretty normal.

She had depression and some social issues and would make posts wondering whether she should take her medication or not. And of course posters would come flocking to the pity show. Depression is real, I'm not questioning whether she had it. But the constant plays for sympathy were ridiculous

EschatonDX said:
reading ******** then reading here and the comments back and forth is hilarious btw.

still, a perma for calling someone out on her blatant attention whoring, regardless of his method, seems a bit much

He obviously wanted to go, so they let him go. Not much more to say about it really.

I love reading through this thread, so many memories. Watching the JBaird stuff unfold was pure poetry.

When Segata left, though... :( One of my favorite posters, and his words struck a chord on their way out.

PhoenixDark said:
She had depression and some social issues and would make posts wondering whether she should take her medication or not. And of course posters would come flocking to the pity show. Depression is real, I'm not questioning whether she had it. But the constant plays for sympathy were ridiculous
Ah. Well I guess showing her boobs to neogaf gave her a self-esteem boost or something.

Londa

Banned
spindashing said:
WTF. What's the source of this thread and its caricature of female members?

Fake edit: Lol @ "ass" being in the URL of that picture.
Woot I haven't got one done of me because I don't flash my photos on gaf lol.

daffy

Banned
SmokyDave said:
Yeah, nothing creepy or obsessive about that, honest.

Where the fuck do you find that kind of free time? Oh to be a teenager again. Sigh.
Nothing creepy and obsessive about holding grudges and memories of banned Gaffers like Himuro either, nope.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Koshiba is an attention whore who uses her tits to make people like her
Himu is a bitter asshole who wanted to feel like a badass by calling her out on it

So what, it's not like any of us are perfect either.

Sometimes I wish I was a member of GAF when it first started out, so that way I could have participated in all the former GAF meltdown's. Also, my vote is for JBaird, truly a classic.

FTH said:
Nothing creepy and obsessive about holding grudges and memories of banned Gaffers like Himuro either, nope.

Whose being creepy, I've seen GAFfers just express shared disgust or admiration for a specific instance?

I'm starting to recognize or remember fewer and fewer names on GAF these days. All the old prominent faces from 2006 (when I joined) that I got to know have either been banned or have called it quits. A few oldies are still around, mind you. I mean, don't get me wrong, some of you guys are a-okay! But sometimes it feels like I'm visiting an entirely new forum.

KevinCow

Banned
I always find it weird when I look at the profile of someone who I'm just used to seeing around, and notice that they registered after me.

daffy

Banned
spiderman123 said:
Whose being creepy, I've seen GAFfers just express shared disgust or admiration for a specific instance?
Yeeah, no, sorry but saying Fuck Himuro and "I'm glad you read this because you ruined this community" wah wah is obsessive and unnecessary.

Who cares that he snapped on someone you don't know? She should have a little more fortitude if she's posting pics without expecting negative feedback, no need to defend her, or him.

This is a message board for fuck's sake, not a student union. Move on. It was ages ago.

disappeared said:
I'm starting to recognize or remember fewer and fewer names on GAF these days. All the old prominent faces from 2006 (when I joined) that I got to know have either been banned or have called it quits. A few oldies are still around, mind you. I mean, don't get me wrong, some of you guys are a-okay! But sometimes it feels like I'm visiting an entirely new forum.
It's like they...

disappeared
(Today, 07:15 PM)
Reply | Quote

LosDaddie

Banned
FTH said:
This is a message board for fuck's sake, not a student union. Move on. It was ages ago.

:lol This thread is all about remembering fallen GAFers. Saying "move on" is missing the entire point.

What are you doing in here?

SmokyDave

FTH said:
Yeeah, no, sorry but saying Fuck Himuro and "I'm glad you read this because you ruined this community" wah wah is obsessive and unnecessary....
One member, one instance, about 6 months ago. Remembering that hardly makes me Derren Brown. I remembered it because it was the biggest display of bitchiness I'd ever seen on this forum.

I edited my post because I saw that Himuro had read it. Given that, I slipped him a quick message. Don't know where you got the ruined bit from.

I have no idea why I'm explaining myself to you. Cheers anyway.

daffy

Banned
LosDaddie said:
:lol This thread is all about remembering fallen GAFers. Saying "move on" is missing the entire point.

What are you doing in here?
You should be able to recall a post without breaking down and resorting to personal attacks on the posters. We can't just laugh and reminisce anymore apparently.

TheSeks said:
Well, he is sort-of right. The obsession with GAF that the spin-offs that aren't Costanza's have is a bit weird. The non-asshole board (if you've been to all three, you'll know the one) has a certain air of elitism when it comes their bitching about GAF at times.

However, it has Segata and so can't be that bad...

I also fucking hate how I have to tiptoe around naming them due to GAF policy.

I'm confused about the different forums mentioned in this thread now. How many are we talking about? three or four?

The one I post at is fun because members have a sense of humor and discussion is fairly light. The thread about gaf is mostly just poking fun at stuff from here. It's like how there are VG Cats or Kotaku or IGN threads on this forum and people joke around with them because it's fun. I don't think anyone actually care past the laugh and/or vent. Because really, this is a forum about video games. There is literally a thread about members talking about a pony cartoon for children here. And good for them! no reason to take things too seriously.

As for best exit? I like fistful's. It's one thing to be banned angrily or jokingly or lyingly because you're out of luck if you want to come back with the same username. fistful has a way back, it just cost $50. whether it is pride or something else entirely, he doesn't give in. weigh that against the layton guy begging not to be banned.

Cat Party

I finally decided to register here because of the Jbaird saga (followed it from minute one pretty much). The highlight for me was definitely the pics from the police station of the directory or whatever it was.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
SolarPowered said:
JBaird was just amazing. I've never read such a compelling thread before. It just took on a life of it's own and Amirox gave the dude so many chances to give up.

Nothing like that thread.

This. I was lucky to be here for that saga, and it delivered. The whole thing was like one huge episode of a cop drama or 24 or something.

These events take place in real time...

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
salva said:
If you guys thought Koshiba's posts were depressing, you should have seen her facebook.
:\

She came across as a very troubled woman right before she left, one that needed serious help, but was regrettably surrounded by a horde of enablers.

bengraven

Has anyone mentioned that "Jessica" chick? (I think that was her name)

She was a complete train wreck, attention whore, created threads just to fish for attention. She finally got banned and found a home at the one place a somewhat decent looking girl who loves people's white knighting or the opposite: treating her like a whore. OA.

KaotikMind said:
All this talk of tits makes me wish I had my own e-girl to creepily obsess over, who'll be my koshiba!?
MsqIb.png

You can talk to this if you like, but I doubt she will respond.

LProtag

This is the weirdest history lesson that I never really needed to know.

Yet at the same time for some reason having appeal and being accepted on a message board is something that is strangely attractive to most people. People like to be known and have made a name for themselves wherever they go... but then I think of all the GAF tinychat stuff and everything that goes along with it and it gets too creepy for my tastes. I think I'll settle for relative obscurity.

Jay Sosa

Shouldn't everyone by now be used to girls garnering a lot of attention, especially if they're as pretty as Koshiba? I've seen guys fawning over way less attractive women.

Point is she was doing no harm by being the wet dream of some guys here so there was no point in calling her out like that.

InsertNameHere said:
This is the weirdest history lesson that I never really needed to know.

Yet at the same time for some reason having appeal and being accepted on a message board is something that is strangely attractive to most people. People like to be known and have made a name for themselves wherever they go... but then I think of all the GAF tinychat stuff and everything that goes along with it and it gets too creepy for my tastes. I think I'll settle for relative obscurity.

Tinychat is fun. What stuff?

Tarazet

SmokyDave said:
I think they're a bit creepy and weird. The idea of signing up to a forum to discuss the contents of another forum just seems a little bit... well, I'm not sure, really. Creepy.

You mean you don't like the idea that someday, somewhere, when you least expect it, Olimario is going to post about you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom