• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which of your favorite games have/haven't been remade/remastered?

Grief.exe

Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door has a good fanmade texture pack

vKTu3QT.png
uxKVtIr.png

NG Black

ME0000609348_2.jpg

Hopefully one day

Tecmo will lock it to 1080p.

KOTOR 1 & 2
Morrowind
Legacy of Kain - Soul Reaver

Reboots.

Morrowind looks good with mods

Pan0u

- Dino Crisis 1
- FF VI
- Silent Hill 1
- RE: Code Veronica and/or RE 3: Nemesis
- Super Mario Sunshine
- Secret of Mana
- Medal of Honor (the very first, on PS1, still one of the best in the series despite its age)
- Rollcage Stage II
- Medievil 1/2
- Spyro 1/2/3
- Shenmue 1/2
- The entire "Legacy of Kain" series (Soul Reaver + Blood Omen)
Etc. Etc. Etc.

Suikoden II hasn't
MGS1 and FFT did with inferior remakes.

As a result, I'm in the camp of "leave the classics alone". Remasters are always welcome though, as long as they're done with care.

LewieP

Outrun 2 never had a definitive release. The XBLA/PSN version was good, but was missing a bunch of stuff. The PC version was good too, but doesn't have proper widescreen support (the UI gets stretched), and is missing the graphical enhancements from the PSN/XBLA version.

Dio

Banned
Ace Combat 4, 5, Zero and 6
Demon's Souls
Drakengard 3 (I'd love a 60fps cleaned up version of this)
Yakuza 2, 3, 4 and 5 (1 is already remade as Kiwami)
Genma Onimusha
Otogi 1 and 2
King's Field 1, 2, 3 and 4
Phantom Dust

TedMilk

I can't imagine how amazing Monkey Island 3 would look if all of its assets were re-scanned in high resolution full colour. Amazing, no doubt. They remastered 1 & 2 already, and double fine have already done DOTT which is my other favourite adventure game, so this needs to happen.

Project Gotham Racing Series(2 & 4 to be specific). Sure, Bizarre went under, but MS still owns the IP but seems to have no interest in it. Hell, I'd take a urban Forza Horizon if it meant I got street circuits.

Raitaro

Ctrl-f: Nier...

You're slipping Gaf, I'm disappointed.

But yeah, apart from some already mentioned games, like Red Dead Redemption, God Hand, Skies of Arcadia and Super Mario Sunshine, one of my biggest requests would be Nier. Not only would it hopefully lead to a more smoothly running game with less technical niggles, but it would also allow more people to get into the series now that Automata is on the way (which is especially nice now that that game has many links to the first one it seems). And just like with Bayonetta 1 + 2 on Wii U, it would be nice to have both Nier games on the same current gen systems.

More out of left field for me would be Grandia 1, the Shadow Hearts series, Vandal Hearts 1 + 2, Seiken Densetsu 2 + 3 (localised in 3's case and with online co-op for both) and anything from Panzer Dragoon (so I can finally catch up with that elusive series); maybe not full remasters if that's too much work but at least touched-up re-releases.

Edit: I'd also take a new version of SFIII Third Strike as always, especially if we could choose the old version and a new version that attempts to rebalance the game and that perhaps even adds a handful of new characters (Juri, Sagat?).

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Mario Sunshine, Castlevania III, and Lunar 2: Eternal Blue are the big standouts for me, especially since other games in their series got re-releases, enhanced ports, or remakes.

Jaroof

It's never gonna happen, but Brave Fencer Musashi.
I was also really fond of Mischief Makers. A remake/remaster would be awesome.

Also, if Dragon's Dogma were to get the next-gen treatment, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I love that game.

Novocaine

Demon's Souls and Killer7 are two games I would love to have remastered or at least brought in to the new generation via ports.

Jet Set Radio Future
A new game+ mode to utilize the characters you unlock would be a nice feature and the ability to not have to hook up the 360 to play it.

Sande

There was Bioshock, but now that's settled. Same for Cod 4.

I kind of want a RDR remaster, but on the other hand I'd probably be better off with a sequel. If for some some reason we won't get a sequel then I'd kill for a remaster.

MGS1-3 have been remastered, but I think they deserve to be properly remade, especially 3. MGS3 with MGS5's engine and gameplay, properly balanced and everything, would be unbelievable.

Dark Souls would be sweet. I don't care that much for Demon's Souls.

woopWOOP

Despite Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon (a remake of the very first) bombing really hard I'm secretly hoping that at some point they will announce remakes of the other Japan-only entries (2, 4, 5, 6.).

As long as they don't fiddle with it too much anyway.

Jet Force Gemini - I am honestly not sure if the rare collection coutns... I have also not seen it there in person as well.

I-hate-u

UMVC3
Ninja Gaiden
Dark and Demon's Souls
Killzone 2
Midnight Club 3
Motorstorm(s)
Dragons Dogma, I wanna try it and see the what the hype is about.

Top tier:
Demons' Souls
Dark Souls 1
Dragon Quest VIII

May happen one day:
Tekken Tag Tournament 1&2

Laugh at my dreams tier:
Final Fantasy VIII
Battle Arena Toshinden

Naked Lunch

Ace Combat 4, 5, Zero.
I mean, what the fuck are they waiting for? People have been screaming for this for years and years.

Ravek

Banned
Xenogears. And it's a game that could legitimately benefit from a remake. Faster text speed, skippable cutscenes, fleshed-out second disk, improved translation (not that the original was that bad)... etc.

I like you.

Translation was actually okay considering one dude did 99% of it by himself.

Basslover

I love this title, even acknowledging its flaws.

Better permanent multiplayer, tightening the combat system (which was by the way very interesting and combo heavy) adding better difficulty modes other than just more HP for enemies.

And maybe more clear directions for missions? I do kinda like the vagueness of it but can see how obtuse it can be.

Maybe also add some of the history of the world books as dlc?

Keep the graphics as close of the original art as possible and just update the instrumentation, Yoko shimomura's ost is godly, one of my favourites.

Red Dead Redemption. I'll take a remake, remaster, PC release, sequel, prequel, side story, making of documentary, clicker game...the thirst is so real.

Top Bottom