• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which of your favorite games have/haven't been remade/remastered?

Teepo671

Breath of Fire 1, 2, 3 and 4. Loved the BoF games except for Dragon Quarter D:

Final Fantasy VI

Shadow Hearts, Shadow Hearts: Covenant and Shadow Hearts: From the New World
I played the last 2 shadow hearts games but I never got around to finishing them. I still have the discs but I don't have a working ps2 to play them. :'(

Aliens vs Predator Arcade - I don't think this game ever even made it to consoles but it's one of my all time favorite beat em ups

Mega Man Zero series - Probably my favorite of the Mega Man games.

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite - I played MHF and MHF2 before this but MHFU was the first time I actually got to play with my friends thanks to adhoc party and it was an absolute blast.

JaCy

2EIrU93.jpg

OCpXie9.jpg

Neither will probably happen though.

Daingurse

Skies of Arcadia is my most desired remaster by far. It's one of my favorite games of all time, and I'd love to have a truly definitive version of it.

I would also dig a remaster of PSO for the new consoles. Would be cool to have Episodes 1,2, and 4 with split screen coop.

Balb

It's not my favorite game but I'd like to see a Super Mario Sunshine remaster. 1080/60, an improved camera and a completely revamped (or removed) blue coin system would do the game a lot of favors.

I think it hasn't been done yet because I'd imagine Nintendo isn't completely happy with it and they know they couldn't just re-release it as-is.

AU Tiger

Mario 1, 3 and SMW re-mastered in widescreen 1080p/60fps on wii U via mario maker.

Literally all I want out of nintendo right now. Remaster them using those crisp new HD 8 bit and 16 bit sprites they used for mario maker.

SCB3

Dead Space Trilogy
Mass Effect Trilogy
Dark Souls 1
Demon Souls
Red Dead Revolver & Redemption
Onimusha Series

Needs to be Remastered:
Luigi's Mansion
Chibi Robo
Super Mario Sunshine
Pikmin
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Pokemon: Fire Red (I know this was a remaster in itself)
Pokemon: Heart Gold (see above)
Chrono Trigger
Demon's Souls
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Pokemon: Red Rescue Team
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
NHL 2004

There is probably more I'm forgetting but that's a pretty good list as is.

Kas

All I really want to be remastered is Saints Row 2.

Great game, amazing soundtrack, and the driving was great fun.

OVDRobo

I'd love to see a remastering of all the PS2 Ace Combat games. Zero tops the list if I could only choose one. They're excellent games but being in sub-HD hurts my ability to go back to them.

Aside from that, It'd be nice to see a current-gen remaster of Demon's Souls and Dark Souls just so I can have the entire series on one platform with good performance.

Krejlooc

Banned
About 10 years ago, there were many answers I could have given. Sonic CD, Fantasy Zone II, Wonderboy III: The Dragon's Trap, Thunder Force III...

we live in the best timeline.

antitrop

My 4 favorite games are:

Final Fantasy VII - Remake currently in development
Chrono Trigger - Doesn't need a remake, is perfect as is (DS version might count as a remaster with its new localization)
EarthBound - Again, perfect, wouldn't even want a remake
Resident Evil 4 - Greatest HD texture mod project ever currently in progress

So, pretty happy there.

psyfi

Banned
The only ones I've really cared about are Halo CEA and Wind Waker HD. Or if Pokémon Soul Silver counts, then that too. I'm really stoked for FF12R also. :)

I think my number one most wanted remake is F-Zero GX, but honestly I'd prefer a solid sequel.

Jornax

Demon's Souls and Dark Souls would be nice to have on current gen along the other Souls games.

Other than that, please EA, give me some Skate and Mass Effect remasters.

Oh, and I would shell out an absurd amount of money to play Dragon Quest VIII on the PS4, don't care if it'd be a PS2-on-PS4 thing or a "proper" remaster.

Metalmarc

Have Not

Star Wars Episode 1 : Racer
Mortal Kombat 1-3 (it got scrapped :( or trilogy would be nice)
Kotor 1 & 2
Destruction Derby 2
Red Dead Redemption
Tenchu
Timesplitters

Arthimura

Demon's Souls. I would love if they made Demon's Souls Remastered together with Demon's Souls 2 or Bloodborne 2, directed by Miyazaki, exclusive for PS4.

Robin64

Mostly Wii and GameCube games, to be honest. It's a shame so many of them are stuck at 480p for all time, like F-Zero GX and Thousand Year Door.

Top Bottom