• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

White supremacist yells into the camera and Shia LaBeouf shuts him down

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
This is very cool. Shia earns my respect here. Good man.

If my day comes, I hope I'm brave enough to do like he did and stand up to that kind of shit. We've all got to make that stand now.

Ouroboros

Sha-Labauff-Clapping.gif

Good job Shia!

Shia has exactly no time for racists and I am all for it, honestly we all need that approach

So you just got done playing homophobe in the Tomy Lahren thread and now come and play white supremacist apologist in this thread too, eh?

At this point "playing" implies it's an act and this isn't who he really is

NYCrooner

I've seen that dude a couple of times on my train wearing his red "Make America..." hat. He never sits and always hangs by the doors to make sure people notice him when he walks in. Either he's a real antagonizing dick or working on a prank video.

Ithil

I've seen that dude a couple of times on my train wearing his red "Make America..." hat. He never sits and always hangs by the doors to make sure people notice him when he walks in. Either he's a real antagonizing dick or working on a prank video.

Or he's desperate for attention.

PSqueak

Banned
Good on Shia. Why do people hate him so much anyway?

I think it was a mix of over exposure (if i recall correctly, spielberg basically got him to be everywhere) and that time he got caught plagiarizing, after the later thing blew up he went crazy for a bit and he re-invented himself into the guy who does cool viral things like this whole "he will not divide us" live feed.

Are we really calling this guy and his dweeb-ass hat "well dressed" because he put on a a tie with that ensemble?

I didn't realize a cheap white button up, a cheap black tie, cheap ass cloth coat, and replica hat could be considered "well dressed", comes off more like a cheap costume to me. Shia is the one dressed to be out in the weather for hours, sure, but hardly what I'd call a hobo. See plenty of people around here in Southern Oregon dressed like that (they're called loggers).

DirtyLarry

One thing I really like seeing over the last few months is how so many celebs are getting more grounded and mingling with the common people for these protests. It's really refreshing to be honest. We really are in this together.
I get this line of thought, I do, and it is great you are feeling this way, but I think a lot of people tend to forget that more often than not, the celebrity is in fact the only celebrity in their family. So they have plenty of "normal" people around them even if they are a celebrity.

I just never put them on a pedestal myself. I do know going to college and living in NYC helped with this too. I had a ton of "celebrities" living around me in the Village when I lived there, so seeing them walking down the same block as you everyday really did help make me realize they are just like anyone else, they just happened to "make it."

Granted there are a few exceptions to the rule, but overall I would say not that many.
Hell, my best friend in college sat on a park bench with DeNiro for over 2 hours just talking about life, in particular trying to figure out the life story of each person walking by.

Mr-Joker

Banned
That guy's hat resembled the same type of cap that Imperial officers from Star Wars wear.

Which was inspired by the hat that the Nazi wore.

Violence isn't the answer. The whole point of the movement is that it's nonviolent.

Agreed, which is why I don't agreed with people saying that punching Nazi or anyone of the alt right movement is okay.

It isn't and that is not the best way to get your message across as you become no better than them really.

Must be real tempting though.

But it is not the right way, violence is never the answer and undermines your own message.

\But it is not the right way, violence is never the answer and undermines your own message.

No, cruelty does that. If you're out there seig heiling or talking about making America a "white" nation again, you deserve a goddamn kick in the pants, and you don't deserve equal air time, floor space, or participation in debate.

Sometimes the right thing to do is to hit back, or hit first. I respect your opinion not to engage at that level, but I'm of the opinion that nazis deserve to get hit. They know what they did in Germany, and they'd love to do it again. You don't give shitheels like that the chance, because if they get the chance, they will come after you and/or anyone else they don't think meets their standard for "human".

WaterAstro

holy shit, you guys assume so much from my post.

I'm just asking who the hell is Shia Labeouf in that fucking gif and who is the actual asshole.

hampig

I'm just asking who the hell is Shia Labeouf in that fucking gif and who is the actual asshole.

Shia is red hat. You can easily tell that by the responses though, which is why I think people took it as some form of hostility.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)

Of course someone posting pure garbage in the tomi thread is trying to make the white supremacist look good here. And of course also feigning victimhood. You know exactly who Shia is, you absolute idiot. Now everyone gets to see just how stupid you are. You made a post knowing full well who Shia was just a couple days ago. And now, just like that piece of human trash in the video, you get punked by your own inadequacy.

Well since Shia LaBeouf was young indy, it all makes sense, right? Kappa

JUST DO IT!

Shia Labeouf

Since DCCU is a mess anyway.

Ahem...

There it is. Liars getting outed.

Which was inspired by the hat that the Nazi wore.

Agreed, which is why I don't agreed with people saying that punching Nazi or anyone of the alt right movement is okay.

It isn't and that is not the best way to get your message across as you become no better than them really.

But it is not the right way, violence is never the answer and undermines your own message.
But if someone did do it I'm not gonna shed a tear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom