• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why was that Amir0x thread deleted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
This seems like something Evilore would make a thread about with a long explanation and discussion. I'm just waiting that. Seems like deleting the thread was a kneejerk reaction more than silencing anything. I don't expect them to just pretend this didn't happen.

It's also plausible they didn't know about it.

Dynomutt

That's a crap narrative that's existed for a while. This is a terrible look though with how it's being handled.

Agreed is just a real bad look to have that ill stigma and to have it come to fruition is such a terrible way. Time to take a break.

Kuga

Yikes. That's crazy if the allegations are true.

Don't really agree with deleting threads outright (instead of locking) but it isn't my choice. I mean, at the very least if the threads are going to be deleted/hidden there should probably be a statement by a moderator / admin at some point.

Hex

Banned
Charles Dailey Rank 0
There’s a forum called Neogaf that is a sleeper cell for pedophiles that the FBI needs to look into. Really scary stuff.

48 minutes ago 

Reply Share
Donald Davidson
Flag
Donald Davidson Rank 0
This guy used to be a moderator at this gaming forum: http://www.neogaf.com/ under the name “Amir0x” and from what I’ve heard they have a history with this sort of thing, that place should be shut down to protect the kids in my opinion.

Nice.
All of the Gaf Haters and banned and forgotten have a new playground

This is very sad/shocking to learn. I always knew he had his demons, but geez...

Also agree this shouldn't be swept under the rug.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
To be fair, a steam profile and a forum post that contain a name can't really be used as examples that amir0x and the suspect are one and the same.

There's a pretty damning picture matchup, and the locations line up.

It's uh...unlikely to not be him, to say the least.

NYR

honestly I just find the mental picture of some FBI dude at his desk reading GAF all day really fucking funny
It's a waste of their resources. Invading comments sections are pretty normal for some people here, or for some that are just viewing because they were banned. Same thing happens on random news, entertainment and viral YouTube videos that are linked from here.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
This forum has been up for more than a decade. It was bound to have members with fucked up situations, even former mods. Still shocking as hell.

A mod left GAF for saying that victims of child rape were too irrational to debate pedophiles' place in society. He said this to a victim of child rape.

He was not a pedophile as far as I know.

Someone found his very questionable flickr or photobucket account if I recall, combined with the fact he kept caping for pedos.

Probably because they want to make 100% sure it's actually him on the chance it isn't that all these are super slanderous? Not everything has a nefarious motive.

Game. Set. Match.

Can't possibly repeat this enough. It's amazing the lengths someone will go to to protect their false prophet.

Probably because they want to make 100% sure it's actually him on the chance it isn't that all these are super slanderous? Not everything has a nefarious motive.

If you've been even lurking long enough you'd know exactly what Amir0x's name and geographical location is. It is undoubtedly him.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Probably a troll

Any proof of any of the latter stuff starting at stealing from other members?

Stealing might be a bit hyperbolic, but he asked for money to help with his mothers surgery or something. Not too long later he was posting about scoring opoids and shit. When called out on it he pretty much just shrugged IIRC. He talked about punching his mother in at least one of his posts.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Did anyone on GAF staff know about this before his arrest?
I doubt it.

To me it looks like somebody deleted the first thread because of course you'd delete a thread publicly accusing a member of that, and now they're in "wait... is this actually real?" mode.

Zubz

Banned
Damage is done...

Eh. Most of the people that would say this already hate GAF for being hated with a liberal majority. This might not be too bad of damage in the long run.

He hasn't been a mod in like 4 years due to some stupidity with personal life choices and some questions if I remember correctly about money people sent to help with something.
The mods here and management have nothing to answer for, Am was just another poster for years.
Evil0re and other mods never had any problem banning him when he got stupid.

But the point is, this also can not be ignored.
But all that is merited is a "Yep, that's him move on"

I actually didn't know any of this about Amir0x... Yikes about the stuff I've been reading here that already seems corroborated.

L Thammy

this sounds like a banned member who knew his name and/or saw the thread and is using this chance to shit post.

Honestly, there are like a million GAF conspiracy theories floating out there, whether by people who were banned in Gamergate threads or for console wars. No matter how this goes there are going to be people trying to spread this around.

Absolutely, but I think his Steam profile being posted here with the same name and this thread still being up at this very moment shows that what may have been brought to our attention is true.

GulAtiCa

A mod left GAF for saying that victims of child rape were too irrational to debate pedophiles' place in society. He said this to a victim of child rape.

He was not a pedophile as far as I know.

I remember that mod, was a huge fucking asshole. We ended up losing several good long standing members that day that left because of that asshole mod. I still miss those members. :(

Rival

Gold Member
Don't know anything about the dude but the two pics in the previous thread were definitely the same person. Disgusting.

So I'm assuming the first thread was politically charged to make a statement and was locked. I'm assuming the mods are working with evilore to make a statement now. Amirox will obviously be banned. This thread will be the discussion thread in the interim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom