• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Direct Nintendo Games 2013.1.23 - Jan. 23rd, 9 AM EST, 2 PM GMT, 11 PM JP

Status
Not open for further replies.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Source code....This is also how we found out about the new Pokemon announcement and what console it was for (even though it was already assumed).

Effect

Anything Pokemon MMO or Pokemon Skylanders related has to scare Nintendo I think. It might have all gamers flocking to them, young and old. However it could instantly turn them into one of the most hated companies in existence as far as parents are concerned. Especially if they take a walk down that Skylanders road with the amount of Pokemon that exist and still being created!

onilink88

Each Nintendo CEO has a key around their neck shaped in a segment of the tri force, it is foretold that in times of true desperation they will bring these keys together, it will be in that fateful moment that the PokeMMO is born, and Nintendo is saved.

I don't know about any of those other titles, but I'm pretty damn sure F-Zero (which is what I put in bold) wouldn't save shit.

mantidor

If it's on every page is in a master page of some sort, that alone doesn't prove or disprove anything. It could be or it could be not. Either way Nintendo UK really needs to get better coders, you just don't drop variable names like that.

I think Mother series is going to be in Virtual Console on Wii U announcement...

Source: http://earthboundcentral.com/2012/12/itoi-announces-mother-developments/

Mother (AKA Earthbound in USA) creator Itoi Shigesato has tweeted some new information on upcoming developments regarding the Mother series.

Tweet #1:
Since it’s now okay to blurt this out, here goes: the “MOTHER republication” thing I mentioned briefly before is making progress.

Tweet #2:
It’s not “(MOTHER) 4″, though! This has to do with making “MOTHER” playable. I can’t give out any details just yet, but I do at least need

So the first tweet says that it is a "republication." This means that they are (hopefully) working on remaking (or editing) the series for potential future release. Maybe they are taking the questionable legal issues out for release outside of Japan.

The second tweet emphasizes that it is not Mother 4, so there will be no new addition to the Mother trilogy. It does, however say they are trying to make the series playable, meaning able to play on modern consoles in this day and age.

credit to majora

If you believe the rumors, the only questionable things in the game were the Dali's Clock enemy name, the Sky Runner song, and the Retro Hippie theme. Maybe NCL decided, with the approval of Itoi, to go ahead and make those changes so as to secure a worldwide release.

MEATfast

Banned
Anything Pokemon MMO or Pokemon Skylanders related has to scare Nintendo I think. It might have all gamers flocking to them, young and old. However it could instantly turn them into one of the most hated companies in existence as far as parents are concerned. Especially if they take a walk down that Skylanders road.
As if parents didn't already hate Nintendo with dem damn gaemsboys nad mahriios. gonna fry ther brains i tell ya.

If it's on every page is in a master page of some sort, that alone doesn't prove or disprove anything. It could be or it could be not. Either way Nintendo UK really needs to get better coders, you just don't drop variable names like that.

Well, I don't think this has been found before (to the best of my knowledge). If so, it was JUST added because it would surely be found and reported somewhere / on GAF otherwise.

...With that coinciding with Iwata announcing Nintendo "talking about upcoming services," and you have a probable Wii U Virtual Console announcement on your hands!

noffles

Banned
We got a VC confirmation? At least that's the obvious one out of the way, I guess. Just gotta find out what games it'll launch with and when.

Just got my Yoshi screen cleaning cloth from Club Nintendo.

yoshi_zps9dd0bf8d.jpg

Good day to be a Wii U owner.

Javier

NEW ANNOUNCEMENT.

You know how Iwata was going to talk about some of Nintendo's "services" tomorrow?

Well I've found evidence that one of the services that will be announced for tomorrow is STRONGLY IMPLIED to be Virtual Console for the Wii U. How do I know?

Because I found this in the source code for the Nintendo Direct page in the UK:

view-source:http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nint...ct-698557.html

MvPr0hM.png

It also has "Nintendo GameCube" there as well. GameCube games for Wii U Virtual Console confirmed?
Also, GBA.

I don't think I've ever been this hyped for anything ever.

GAMERG0D

I was so gonna get that!

I have 1500 points but I was wondering, do the gifts change? If so I might save up my points for the next round of treasures!
I don't know where you live but America gets the short end of the stick when it comes to CN. You could probably buy that cloth for $20 at most on eBay or something. I'd wait until they add something good.

Oersted

Sorry to bring up that Resident Evil 2 rumor but Kamiya said this today.

https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/293653057609289731

Even though I agree with EatChildren, probably just a rumor based off from this or something.

Also:

Rumors are rumors. RT @NMag_DE: There are plenty of rumors that tomorrows Direct will include a RE2 remake. Anthing to say on these rumors?

And while we are at it, GiantEnemyGoomba should feel honoured:

Next week...in game magazines... RT @GianEnemyGoomba: Will your next game get revealed tomorrow at the Nintendo Direct?

OryoN

Please no RE2. Everyone who cares about that game has played it already.

Thank you.

It would be the absolute worst thing to focus a ND on.

You guys been living under a rock or something?

Resident Evil: Remake was one of the most hyped games of the PS2/Xbox/GCN generation. And for good reason too. It was a completely new experience from what people played on PS1. Having played the original has absolutely no baring judgment over this remake.

Ever since that time, fans been wishing, hoping, for similar RE2 treatment.
This isn't some HD rendition we're speaking about here, this is potential megaton status!

... and all the more reason why it probably won't happen. *sighs*

Fox Mulder

I want them to lay out their WiiU VC plans in full. I want to buy a bunch of VC stuff, but not if they're going to be stuck in wii mode and nintendo makes WiiU versions instead.

TriGen

I want them to lay out their WiiU VC plans in full. I want to buy a bunch of VC stuff, but not if they're going to be stuck in wii mode and nintendo makes WiiU versions instead.

Yeah, I'm completely holding off until the Wii U VC hits. Hopefully it's coming soon.

Kacho

Indeed. I also hope the games that got delisted get put back up. I want Ninja Spirit so bad. :(

TriGen

If you want GCN HD remakes, then you don't want the GC VC games to appear on the Wii U and vice versa.

Yeah, I want HD remakes for GC (at least the big games), and the Wii really. Getting the PS3 HD collections has been great for me this gen. I don't expect Nintendo to do it, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom