• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Direct Nintendo Games 2013.1.23 - Jan. 23rd, 9 AM EST, 2 PM GMT, 11 PM JP

Status
Not open for further replies.
!

I am super happy. I really, really hope for GCN VC that it's done well and that we get GOOD games coming out for it first!

I'm just curious how they'll handle games like Super Smash Bros. Melee which had analogue controls since none of Nintendo's current controllers support that functionality... Lightshielding is super important in Melee, at least as far as the feel of shielding and what not goes.

The classic controller (not pro) actually has analog shoulder buttons.

Are there seriously RE2 remake rumors? I agree that Bayonetta 2 would have sounded impossible before it was announced, but I have an even harder time believing this.

DaBoss

mantidor is right. It's easy to confirm that the The Wii U Virtual Console line was a recent addition. Just check the Google cache.

The one I linked is from Jan. 12th and it doesn't have the VC code.

bux07Zv.png

Good find. I guess that seals it. Detective GAF did it again.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
The number one GCN game I wanna see is Doshin the Giant being made available to the US since there's already an English PAL version out there.

Second is Billy Hatcher...I still own it, I just want it to get more love and a potential sequel.

GameE

Can someone PLEASE tell me why its news that the site has vc in its code when its mentioned on all pages even on NOE's homepage?

I wish i had the gif of Knives going "=0" for the wii u gamecube vc thing

well finally :D, i really hope its like $15 but i can see $20 for each game.

make them playable on the gamepad and i will buy most.

Pikmin 1 for day 1 gc vc

DaBoss

mantidor is right. It's easy to confirm that the The Wii U Virtual Console line was a recent addition. Just check the Google cache.

The one I linked is from Jan. 12th and it doesn't have the VC code.

bux07Zv.png

Can someone PLEASE tell me why its news that the site has vc in its code when its mentioned on all pages even on NOE's homepage?

It's the fact it was a new addition to the site's code. Look at the post I quoted above.

I'd say $10 would be fair, but since it's Nintendo then yeah $15.

I honestly do not like the fact that NES games are $5, SNES are $7/8(?), and N64 ranges from $10 to $12 last time I checked Wii VC. It shouldn't be priced this way.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Yeah, I'm doubting that Gamecube games are coming now but the reason I want them is to hold me over until the Wii U game releases.

Nasley

Neo Member
I've been stalking this thread all day trying to deny the rising hype but
I can't anymore

My body is so ready for tomorrow
today in Euroland

Can't wait for the GameCube VC!

I'd love to get: Baiten Kaitos, Baiten Kaitos Origins, Tales of Symphonia, Cubivore, Doshin the Giant, Billy Hatcher, Skies of Arcadia: Legends, Phantasy Star Online: Episode 1 and 2 Plus, Phantasy Star Online 3, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Zelda: The Wind Waker, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, Star Fox Adventures, Star Fox Assault, Pokemon Colosseum, Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, F-Zero GX, Super Monkey Ball, Super Monkey Ball 2, Chibi-Robo!, Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem, Geist, Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2, Luigi's Mansion, Pikmin, Pikmin 2, Zelda: Twilight Princess, Odama, Dance Dance Revolution Mario Mix, 1080: Avalanche, Wave Race: Blue Storm, Animal Crossing, Battalion Wars, Custom Robo, Kirby: Air Ride, Lost Kingdoms, Lost Kingdoms 2, Mario Party 4, Mario Party 5, Mario Party 6, Mario Party 7, Mario Power Tennis, Mario Superstar Baseball, Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour, Super Mario Strikers, Super Mario Sunshine, Mario Kart: Double Dash, Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes, Wario World, etc.

God, the GameCube was such a beast.

Quit your hyping of old games being rereleased digitally, the idea that that is the big news is just depressing, I own all that shit already, show me something new, Nintendo.

Quit your hyping of old games being rereleased digitally, the idea that that is the big news is just depressing, I own all that shit, show me something new, Nintendo.

GC games might be re-released in HD.

Not only that, but the VC games might be 100% playable on the Gamepad.

There's no way IntSys can unveil another FE this fast, so it must be Fire Emblem Musou made by Omega Force with connectivity to Awakening.

God dammit. I would play that as long as the RPG aspect is there.

Tecmo is so close to Nintendo now i would honestly believe that rumor should some anon person on the internet claim it. I think the last one being so hot in japan was a surprise though so i doubt that it would be in the making so soon.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
GCN Virtual Console being big news would be so disappointing. Nice to see it confirmed again and all, but at this stage in the Wii U's life I'm much more interested in moving forward, not backwards.

W101 trailer or bust!

M-PG71C

I have a OG GameCube w/ GameBoy Player hooked up with component cables in the living room, right next to my Wii U. It's glorious. I have no need to buy most GC titles again.

However, there are a few exceptions. F-Zero GX is one of them, especially if its in HD with GamePad support. Bring it on!

(And I really hope that Earthbound rumor holds true!!)

GCN Virtual Console being big news would be so disappointing. Nice to see it confirmed again and all, but at this stage in the Wii U's life I'm much more interested in moving forward, not backwards.

W101 trailer or bust!

Exactly my point. Nintendo needs to bank on new ideas now.

A handful of gamecube games, drip fed to us over the next six years? Even if there were any gamecube games that I wanted and don't already own that would not make me excited about the Wii u.

Nasley

Neo Member
Quit your hyping of old games being rereleased digitally, the idea that that is the big news is just depressing, I own all that shit already, show me something new, Nintendo.

Well, we already know we're getting something new, so we might as well hype the much needed Wii U VC while we're at it :p

I still have a Wii to play all these GC games. Now unless they're 1080p, I'd be more excited about games like Earthbound, Yoshi's Island, and Rare's stuff becoming available.

Anyways, isn't this supposed to be about "the future of the Wii U"? I'm thinking new games.

I still have a Wii to play all these GC games. Now unless they're 1080p, I'd be more excited about games like Earthbound, Yoshi's Island, and Rare's stuff becoming available.

Anyways, isn't this supposed to be about "the future of the Wii U"? I'm thinking new games.

And you're going to get at least two new games (one of which being Monolith Soft's new game). You're just having a Wii U Virtual Console announcement to go with it.

DaBoss

There is one side clamoring for much better VC support. Then there are people who would rather see something new (and possibly not want VC at all). Then there are those indifferent towards it.

Personally I don't mind VC since I can get games I missed out on. If VC will get more people to own the system, then show it off.

guek

Banned
I don't really care about gamecube VC :-/

It's nice but they'll come so slowly, it's be years before I see something from the past I really want to replay or try out.

I just hope they show us something that'll really get people talking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom